August 1...Thursday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 1...Thursday

Morning! I hate being the first but somebody has to get up and start the day!

Kids are coming for supper tonight so I have salads to fix since we are grilling. For some reason the dish washer is peeping and I can't figure out why. Says it needs to be started and it is empty...just something else that wants attention.

Nothing new. Shopping yesterday was fun. Sierra had a handful of gift certificates from Christmas so it did not cost me anything but a couple of pairs of shoes. I volunteered a pair of work shoes then looked at her feet and she got a regular pair too. I gotta say as much as I am not happy with some of her choices she is growing up.

Hope Karlinann is ok and just having computer trouble. Going to ignore Beth so I don't have to say anything about the Cubs beating us last night. Just going to whistle as I pass by her this morning. Have a wonderful and productive day everyone or just sit around and do nothing all day. Whatever you want.

Good morning..yesterday was a day full of anxiety after the excitement Tuesday night...

yes as maxie said cubs beat the cards!!
    Today I am Volunteering to help a friend in her office. Is the director of the organization that had the pool party Saturday. They are feeling swamped Trying to wrap up loose endsFrom the backpack giveaway. Some of the people were not grateful at all they had an entitlement attitude I didn’t like it.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Maxie, I do hope by the time winter arrives, I'll have all the work done so I can just lounge around in my P.J.'s.

The shed came down yesterday so today it is sweeping up all the "crud" off the concrete pad. Then I can put my trailer on the pad so I don't have to mow under it. Right now it is in the side front yard, and when it gets moved (today), it will open up the area to get my rider through.

Then it is on to getting the last section of guttering cleaned out in the front. Haven't looked in the back guttering yet. But that shouldn't be too bad as there aren't any trees in the back close to the house.

If you have a spare moment today, say a prayer for Sharon as she is having the heart surgery today.

Hope all have a wonderful day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        We haven't heard from Sharon in a long time...hope all goes well for her and she recovers quickly. Sending Prayers!!

Good morning, and Happy August 1st. Is this year going by fast, or what?

It’s a clear day, 84° right now, but going back to 104°.
      I am having coffee this morning with a blueberry scone. From my chair, looking out the window, I see many treetops, the mountains, and the last bit of the pinkish sunrise.
      Today I may do a load of laundry. Then go through more stuff from boxes yet unpacked.

Not expecting to see any family until I’m picked up on Saturday to go to the funeral/memorial for DDs ex. Grandson said there won’t be a viewing; he wants people to remember his dad for the man he actually was, and not concentrating on the horrid accident.

So, not much going on here to talk about.
      I will be back later to read more.

Have an amazing day. ☀️

Oh my goodness. Sharon! Of course she will be in my heartfelt thoughts today!!!
      Last edited by JoGee; 08-01-2019, 08:07 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thanks Jostoy for the reminder. I see Sharon's posts on Facebook, sometimes. Facebook is pretty fickle and I don't always have or take the time to go look for people I haven't seen in awhile. I will definitely say a prayer for her and the medical team.

68 was our low and we are only going to 98 or so. Very nice! I slept with my window open last night. Air is always on but it does stop when it cools down. Anyway, I just really like fresh air.

I am doing all the area rugs and chair and sofa throws today. The places the dogs like to sit during the day...We will be gone for most of Saturday morning to Sacramento again and I am doing some of the weekend things now.

Beth, those who are so used to getting so much for free are the ones who may start with that attitude of entitlement. Very different from those who are new to needing thngs they used to buy for themselves, like people around us who werer burned out in the Camp Fire. I was at a new friend's (supposedly painting rocks for our bbq) and I mentioned she had quite the professional paint set and brushed. She Immediately teared up and said someone sent them to her! A note that said they saw from her information that she liked to paint rocks and just place around the neighborhood and sent what was a very costly amount of all kindsof paints and tools and brushes! And she was still emotional about it. Everyting in their small home was donated: art on the walls (2 Thomas Kincaid paintings) and even a massage chair because her husband was self employed massage therapist...it was humbling and gratifying to stand amid it and feel all that goodness and kindness that had been extended to them.
        Back to the entitlement people: sad to think that they may be passing that attitude onto their children, rather than the gratitude you would hope they feel. But YOur service will affect them and certainly can affect you and htose you served with!

I have a regular start the month day: pay bills and get those checks into the mail and then get my checks into the bank.
        I hope you all have a good day and hope KA gets here soon!

Comment

Some people feel entitled til they die, unfortunately. But for most, they will find that handouts are not always available and they have to do things for themselves.....and will look back one day and recall the donors, and realize how lucky they were for such people to touch their lives.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good evening.

going to take time to drop a line or too.. was headed for bed and realized I have not been in here for a while..

I have become a little old lady who totters off to bed at 9.30 or 10 pm.. of course, I have various books, puzzle booklet.s with me.
            but I like to get my feet (knees) up and resting.. but tonight it will feel extra good... Donna had brought me 1/2 bu of Beets .. to can.
            and I got to work on them this afternoon,, washing.. then cooking.. then peeling them all .. THERE are a lot of beets in a 1/2 bushel!!!!
            .. knees gave out... standing on basement floor, (cement). ( I have a kitchen in my downstairs "basement"..) . so I covered them and set in d fridge until tomorrow.. will finish the canning process in the morning..

I gather there was a discussion about "entitlement" folks etc etc... I will stay out of this one.. except to say , I don't really believe in entitlements... amen

I love summer,, and the last few weeks have been just wonderful.. I'm glad to A/c too... but it is so Green, yards are so pretty. flowers..
            don't that sound nicer than my usual ,I hate winter speech.Ha Ha...

be back tomorrow, hopefully. ( prayers for Sharon,, keep us updated, )

Comment

Working...
            X