Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed 7/31/19

Good Morning You All!!!

Good morning...I guess I am super grumpy! I had the police here at midnight. My alarm system went off just as I fell to sleep at midnight. It indicated glass breakage in my living room. I called 911 and got cori into my bedroom and locked the door and waited on the police. Everything was fine. The only thing missing is my home security sign. I was so scared that it took me a while to go to sleep after they left. Then I didn’t rest well.

I have a full day today of helping in the mers goodwilll office. Then a first aid kit class tonight.

Everyone have a good day. I will try

Comment

Hey! OK....we are going to have to dock KA pay...this going MIA w/o notification is unacceptable. KA where are you?

Yesterday was another busy one, but it wasn't bad. Didn't stress me out. We rolled lots of crusts and made up peach & nectarine pie fillings. Nectarine pie filling is beautiful. At the end of the day I mixed up 3 kinds of pie dough & hope that we get it baked off this morning.

This morning there will be 3 of us working. I have a list on the refrig of what Theresa can do if nothing else is needed, and today we'd like her to work on some of those. It's super piddly behind the scenes stuff, but it needs done & will make our lives easier. She'll also be scooping baked cookie off trays & maybe icing them. We'll see. I'm not use to a 3rd pair of hands. After they all leave, I'm heading into town to run a bunch of little errands that have been piling up....bank, Staples, WM, and of course the grocery stores.

I've cooked the last 2 nights. Hmmmm….how can I get out of it tonight? Probably not. I've got 2 salmon chunks thawed that I was going to cook the other night, so I guess I should do something with them. Dang!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning all.

Slept in today, and when I got up, my "pea-brain" was saying "be glad when it's time to go to bed tonight". I guess those thoughts hit when you're super tired. And peoples, that is what I am.

Today my "eye-sore" comes down. Every time I look out my big kitchen window, that darn thing draws my eye right to it. Since it sits on a concrete pad, I will move my trailer to the back yard. That way I will no longer have to try and mow under it. Oh life is starting to look up.

So today, I want to get the touch-up painting done. I have plenty of time to do that before Josh gets here at 3 to take the shed down.

Hope all have a great day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Do you ever take a day off and just stay in your pajamas? Try it...you need it!

Good Sunny morning! It is going to be in the mid 80s, sunny and less humidity today. Meeting up with Sierra to shop and do lunch. Looking forward to seeing her alone.

Beth what a scare! Thank goodness you have the alarm system. Guess I can't rub in how the Cardinals beat the Cubbies last night. I'll wait until tomorrow and get you when we win two in a row tonight! Jo, glad you saw a doctor and are continuing getting care. That root beer float sounds good!! Cookie, I did not know people used lard any more. Can you buy it in the store? I do not make pie crust but remember my mom doing it...seems like she used crisco but maybe it was lard. She made good pie for sure.

Guess I will start my day....always something I can find that needs doing. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Mom had me go out and look around this morning. There is. I damage and the sign I thought was had just been moved by daddy. I know something hit the window last night and it hit hard! I heard it hit just as the alarm went off.

Also Maxie we were just being nice! You won’t get 2 in a row!

Comment

Oh, what a morning. Not sure if it is good or less than, yet. I got a scratchy throat yesterday afternoon and woke up with it, too. I hope it is smoke related and not someone coughed in my face related! I said our air isn't noticeable bad, but when I got in the car last evening you could see on the windshield what you are breathing in.

Beth, tha tis a terrible scare! could it have been an owl or other large bird that hit the window? You gave me a giggle out loud with your game remark to maxie!

I remember you telling us about nectarine pie and I am going to make one...with peaches in it. I was given some peaches yesterday that are the best I have had this season. The first flat (!) was mushy and too ripe and tasteless! And it was from the most popoular fruit stand in our area! Which I don't usually buy from because they are higher priced and farther away...Tonight is the Wednesday farmer's market and I may go unless I can get in for a pedicure. I have put it off and need one! The kettlecorn and the tamales are very tempting and that is why I don't go to this one, but wait for the Saturday am...

The garbage has been picked up and I need to get those cans in. The recycling truck comes by later today.

I wonder if KA's internet has been knocked out again. I really hope all is well with her and her dh.

Jostoy, if I didn't have a big fence people would see the eyesore in my back yard. I need the shed right now, but would like to get more out of it. Not having a truck is such a pain when you need one! I did think I might do one of those U-Haul renters to just get things out to the dump!

I have to go: I hope we all get through our work, games and medical stuff and house stuff!!!!

Comment

Good Morning ☀️
              I don’t know where all the rain fell and flooded streets, but it was nowhere near us. We still have clouds, but I don’t think it amounts to anything. Where can I hire Indians to do a rain dance?
              on the upside, it’ll be only 95° today. Tomorrow, back to the 100°’s. Summer isn’t over yet.

i met my Oncologist/Hematologist yesterday. She will also be my Cancer doctor. It’s all in the same field of work. I like her. All my surgical “lumps” add up to a hernia....to my surprise. She suggested I get a wrap band for comfort, rather than add to my surgeries. I love her!

I got a surprising/welcome text from the GD who has the autistic child. I asked about GGD to, of course. The girl has made great progress! When she gets bored with reading, she makes tutorials that help the younger kids in school....they love it. Then GD added a sound bite to the text with Emmie saying “Hi great grandma. I love you, too.” I loved that!

KA, if you’re playing hide-and-seek, you have to tell us! (Please be okay!)
              Beth, that Is definitely a big scare. Be careful.
              Cookie, if I lived near you, I’d definitely become barrel-shaped fast. Your goodies are devilish delights!
              Paula, more fires causing the bad air? We have a couple going on.

So, it’s time to close and start my day.
              Hope you have an amazing day! ☕️
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well, we are back early. Started with lunch them went into the mall. She knew what she wanted and where she wanted to go. Then when she checked out she pulled out a handful of gift cards! She has never spent her Christmas gift cards...boy was I surprised. She said she never had time with school and work to shop and I believe that. All I had to buy was her shoes. She needed work shoes then when I made a comment about what she had on her feet she said they were her good shoes...omg! She didn't ask for 2 pair of shoes but she sure needed them. It was such a nice day capped off at Bath and Body. She had a gift card from there too and it was buy 3 get 3 so I am going to smell good too! When I dropped her off she said to thank everyone for the shopping trip...I know she appreciated the gift cards. So now I have a load of laundry to do and I see an early jammie evening. Going to watch the Cards beat the Cubbies again tonight because no matter what Beth says they are not nice!

It is an absolutely beautiful day in the mid 80s and no humidity. Lots of families shopping for school clothes and shoes. Hate to see school start but life goes on. Just wish it wasn;t moving so darn fast, ya know?

Comment

Working...
                X