Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday...July 30th

Good morning everyone.

Today is a little "run around" day first thing. Then hopefully I can get back to the touch-up painting I was doing before the yews was pulled up causing 5 days of work.

Have to go to the bank first off, then on to the hardware store. So..it will be easier work than the shoveling and raking job.

Hope all have a great day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-30-2019, 06:43 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning..haven't been up long enough to know what type of day it will be. After yesterdays morning rain it got hot. I tried to blow some rain your way Jostoy but I wasn't sure what direction north east was so I blew in all directions...someone got our rain!

Today is haircut day. Boy do I need one! Kids are coming for supper Thursday so need to pick up some good burgers while home today. Also need to pick up her computer. I sent the guy a text but have not heard from him so will take a chance he is home. Getting tired of messing with that darn computer and just want it back and thrown into a closet to forget.

Went to eat out at a new place..not new but it had moved. It is one of those places that gives you a lot of not very good food. But one of the side dishes was dessert so I brought home a delicious strawberry short cake. We may go back. Lots of old people in there. Think we will try breakfast next time...can't hardly ruin breakfast...but will they have strawberry short cake for breakfast? Jon likes getting lots of food and is used to it not being very good when I cook so he was happy paying the bill. He did not get dessert but maybe next time I will get all my sides in cake!

Need to do the morning pickup. My son is turning into a pig and leaves everything where he drops it. We need to discuss this...I may be his mom but I am not his mommy...ya know?

Time to get going. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, you evidently got the right direction as we got 8/10 of an inch of rain. Thank you so much for that as the rain also cooled the air.

Good SUNNY Morning! We might see some rain today later on.

Yesterday was good. We plugged along in the morning making & baking, then I went to lunch with Blaise's two 3rd grade teachers. They both took menus home. Definitely going back there.

Came home and took the cooled small pies down to the stand. Bought a bushel of beets...like I have all kinds of time to deal with them. I did split the bushel with Aunt J. Gave her all the small ones and I kept the giant ones. Cooked a batch last night & sliced one this morning. They may be huge, but very tasty. Not woody at all.

Decided to go down & check out the status of the pool. Carried my suit down just in case I decided to take a dip. I didn't even have to ease myself into the pool. It's so warm. I left the cover off over night to maybe cool down the water a bit. I think that's why the algae keeps growing...too warm. Came up and spent the rest of the evening puttering in the kitchen and read my book some too btw jobs.

This morning I've been hustling around already. Taking a break for the moment before Sue gets here. I normally only mix up 10 batches of pie dough, but today I'm mixing up 20 batches. We'll both work on rolling shells. My hope is that tomorrow we can work on cookies so that I can get that worry off my shoulders. Of course I'll be baking more pies, but the fillings are already made & ready to be slipped into the shells. Easy peasy.

Josh text me yesterday and ask again if I'd be interested in making pies for two more farmers markets he does on those days.....NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The Saturday one is almost putting me over the edge. LOL! He's young & full of energy. I'm not.

Miss you KA!

Back to the kitchen....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning were is KA?? Miss her...Today will be a quiet day...my kitty kept me up most of the night! I may work on a blanket or read a book.

I went to psych yesterday. We decided to up one med to see if that helps my anxiety. If it doesn’t I try a different med.

Comment

Well, where did my post just go? I never saw that cyber gremlin coming!

Good morning everyone.
        Today will be only 104°, and I’ll be out at the peak of it. Tomorrow in the mid-90’s with thundershowers.
        this morning I need to call the heart doctor about that appointment....the nurse never did call back.
        Then midmorning the realtor will call. I want good news, like the sale papers are signed and filed, and a check will be on its way.
        Then I want to grab a lunch and put it in the fridge for supper.....cranberry meatballs today!
        This afternoon I have an appointment with my new oncologist.

I hope KA is just home relaxing, healing, and basically okay.
        Jostoy, don’t overdo, today.
        Cookie, you must have one super heavy duty AC, with all that baking. Those tarts sound so good! What will you fill them with? I wish we lived closer so I could run over there for my treats!
        Beth, I hope the Med works for you.

Have a really great day, everyone. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          You and me, too, on that run over to Donna's!
          Let's do a Pie run!

Oh, it is a great morning here, too! Not too cool, which means another hot day, but nice enough to be able to open windows and doors before the air kicks on. I did not get up early enough to swim and have a meeting this evening so I am not sue when I will get back in our pool. Do you have a pool house or where do you change Donna when you said you carried your suit to the pool?

Painting is one thing I wish I felt more confident in, Jostoy. My laundry area has higher ceiling (being a converted garage area) and it desperately needs painting. I know what it cost to have the outside painted and the inside needs updated painting. I am ready for a change of interior color! Throughout the house but will probably just have the main living area done. And while I am still working is the time to do it.

Donna, do you mix lard with anything in your "grease" balls? Your crust is the best ever!

Maxie, I know what you mean about those haircuts. I even changed my next appointment up a week so I could go to my roommate reunion
        with totally fresh cut and color. I wasn't due until the week I got home.
        And those desserts at the buffet restaurants here are the best! I always go for the bread pudding. At Disneyland we ate at some character breakfast at theDland Hotel and the kids had pizza and cookies and ice cream for breakfast. My son who just went to WDW sent us pictures of the lunch his kids had: one with 3 chicken tenders and the youngest with ice cream and cookies! Hopefully, in the 1 1/2 hours they were there the kids went back for more real food, but spencer and the 13 year old ate a lot of the entrees, so they got his money's worth (and the main reson they went there was to eat inside out of the humidity!)

We have had smokey skies from the fire in southern OR. In Redding they were declared Unhealthy air quality and we have have winds and jus t hoping we don't get any worse air. Becky has been using her inhaler a lot!

Yesterday was such a good day in daycare, especially for a MOnday. It was my school girl's 8th birthday and for once, I had a gift all ready. They had brought me a gift for my birthday and I wanted to make sure I had one for Emilynn. She brought a grocery store 1/4 sheet cake! No cupcake at the bakery at 7:00 but they did write on a cake. I sent 2/3 of it home with her and all was good.

This week and then next week and then School starts! Kind of crazy!

In all the busy stuff of our day I hope you enjoy some quiet moments of reflection and rest. My mornings are what I enjoy so much as I get ready and then come here. I hope you all find time to find Joy!

Stay well,and stay safe out in the heat, whether it is in your yard or your Kitchen!

Comment

• cookielady
          cookielady commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope...lard is the only fat/grease used. Flour, salt, lard, & water. I mix it all in my KA mixer, chill, then roll. I make a soft dough, which isn't what they normally tell you to do, but hey, it works for me. Now lard doesn't take as much ice water as shortening does.

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Your crust is the best I have ever eaten!

Paula, how ‘bout a strawberry short-tart today? Maxie has my mind going on strawberry-short-yummy already.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, yes!
          Actually anything with guys sounds wonderful!

I have had a productive day. Got my hair cut, did the grocery shopping for Thursday, picked up the computer, took myself out for lunch and stopped at the post office for stamps. Guessing the price of stamps went up again? Now I am going to shower (always shower after a haircut) and call it a day. Sierra texted while I was out running and ask if I wanted to shop tomorrow so I had to add groceries on this mornings run. Of course I am shopping tomorrow! And I know she will pick lunch at Olive Garden. I do hope she is alone.

I picked up a watermelon and cantaloupe and will have Jon run tomorrow to the produce stand for strawberries. Carrying a watermelon up the steps was hard work so I will take a rest before moving on. Be nice if someone had a key to the front door around here so I did not have to climb the steps from the boy cave. I am getting to darn old to be carrying watermelons and climbing steps.

Ok break over...gotta get the footsteps off the floor. I do not know what the guy stepped in but there are white footprints with every step he made before leaving this morning. Heaven forbid I didn't have anything to do but cleanup after someone today....

Comment

Linda called & two chip baskets of nectarines froze slightly in the cooler overnight, so I made them all into pie filling. Nectarine pie filling is GORGEOUS! The color is of a sunset. I don't peel the fruit, so the skin gives it that beautiful coloring. Sue gave me some larger pickle cucumbers and I made up cucumber & onion salad. YUM! They'll taste good with my beets. I ate a huge cooked beet (at least 1lb) for breakfast. I LOVE beets. Wished I didn't have to pickle them to can them.

Comment

I had a productive day, too.
            i finally nailed an appointment with my new heart doctor. I was very persistent. I’ll see him in a week, much sooner than the original Sept appointment.

My realtor forgot to call today, so I sent him a reminder. He couldn’t apologize enough. I asked him to just update me on the progress. I guess it’s mandatory that my house be assessed, so that happens tomorrow. Then he thinks we should close no later than the 20th, but he’s sure it could happen as close as the 14th. Good!

This afternoon I left here at 1:25 pm. Quick drive. Got there early and filled out a stack of papers, literally. But I had to wait a full hour, she was more than a bit late! Annoying, of course; but if I need extra time with her she will not cut me short...that’s a given. She’s very good, very patient, and she will take the place of two doctors I’ve been searching for. She will keep track of my blood problems, plus follow my cancer status. She did find I have a hernia, but doesn’t require more surgery....just get a wrap band to keep it all together. It might be the cause of my back pains, but was caused by so many surgeries which weakened my muscles.
            i got back to the apartments at 4:30.

i just picked up a root beer float, which filled me up and dinner can wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X