Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday...July 29th

Good morning all.

Will open the door, but can't stay around as I have more shoveling and leveling of dirt. Only have time to drink my coffee then off to the work for the day.

Everyone have a great day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-29-2019, 06:37 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Good SUNNY Morning! Strange how yesterday's post just disappeared & it seems so has KA....where are you?

Yesterday wasn't as busy as Saturday...thank goodness. I got all my deliveries made before we headed out to take Blaise to church camp. He had stayed overnight at Kathy's so I picked him up there. Kathy was SUPPOSE to go with me, but that didn't happen...surprise, surprise. Cork went with me instead. The stupid GPS got us so lost and went WAY out of the way. Give me a map! I did have directions printed off from MapQuest, but we couldn't find the roads they were telling us to turn on. We eventually tripped across the route we needed. The GPS kept trying to get us to turn off it, but we eventually turned it off. Stupid thing. I was so stressed out at one point, I thought I was going to cry & throw up. It ended up taking us a half an hour extra to get there, but it felt like an extra hour. Coming home I did the navigating and Cork drove. We stopped & picked up dinner because I was NOT cooking after all that.

We had to wait 20 minutes for our Chinese to get cooked, so we walked across the parking lot to Giant Eagle. Cork said it was to get my grocery store fix. He thinks I'm addicting to grocery shopping. LOL!

Once I got my energy back, I was back in the kitchen. Baked off the 6 pies I had prepped for today, cooked up 6 different kinds of pie filling, and made Cork's food for his lunches. It was a good day.

This morning Sue is coming. We are going to work on pie crusts. I need to get some filled and baked. I ran out of crusts on Saturday. Would you believe they sold all but one of the 23 pies I took down there yesterday. Theresa is also coming & I'm having her do up the peaches, and I have a couple other jobs I could use being done. She doesn't get to touch dough.

I'm meeting Blaise's two 3rd grade teachers for lunch...my treat. Other parents send gifts, but I thought this was something different. I really like them both. My afternoon will be spent assembling & baking pies. Hey, at least I don't have to take Blaise to karate. Really need to think of something for dinner since I've gotten out of cooking for the last several days. Told Cork eating out was like a vacation for me, and he didn't bat an eye. I'm so blessed.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      When I posted yesterday at 11:00 am your time I was able to read all the posts.

Morning..a rainy morning here. Nothing going on anyway so rain is an ok way to start the week. I came back yesterday to read any additional post and could not find the entire Monday thread. That was strange! And then no Karlinann this morning..makes you hope everything is ok.

There is nothing going on around here..not even any gossip. Going to try and call again for a haircut. Hope she was on vacay last week and not answering the phone. You know how I hate waiting for a haircut. You should see how I look while waiting for a haircut! Oh Cookie, I sympathize with driving directions. Thank goodness you had Cork with you. And what a thoughtful idea of having lunch with last years teachers. I am sure they appreciated that thank you. Eating out is not a vacation here but a way of life. Sad that I only cook when a kid will be here while I live with my son. But you know, he can cook too. He is off today so we will see if he cooks....can't grill with all this rain.

Think I will call my sister and catch up with her. We haven;t spoken since last Thursday and that must be some kind of record. The world is suffering without our solving all the problems. Jostoy, do not over work ...maybe this rain will move in and give you a break.

Have a great Monday everyone.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Maxie, I can only hope for a decent rain. We've had very little since spring here in Fort Wayne. If you have time, go outside and blow great big to the north east of you.

Good morning...starting my day slow. I have a psych appointment later today. Will start talking about changing meds. I need something more or different for anxiety. I will have my worker lady stop someplace so I can pick up supper. I am thinking wendy’s.

Comment

Good morning.
      how odd to have yesterday’s posts disappear like that.

I see clouds outside today, but rain isn’t predicted for 3 more days. Temps are starting to drop, but it’ll be 109° today, lower tomorrow, then a couple of days in the 90°’s.

Nothing much happening here today. The crochet & knitting group meets at noon. I do have an oncology appointment tomorrow afternoon.

Yesterday middle DD in to check on me. She brought her son to show me how to manage the remote controls for the TV. I didn’t understand why I needed two. Or how to control what’s on screen. He made it simpler to deal with. But nothing is simple any more, is it?
      I barely heard a peep out of DD’s daughter nor grandson’s wife who also came with her.
      Oh, DD said we “go shopping differently from now on. She will have her shopping apps working, find the best prices at the various stores (including Amazon), place the orders online. Then she will drive to those stores and pick up the groceries that will be waiting.
      I am no techie, so she will be doing all that. She is afraid I will have another incident while we are out.
      They left and shortly afterwards my son and his wife showed up. They brought my handicapped placard I had forgotten to bring back. We chatted a while. Then they left.

The kids had bought me a dyson stick vacuum. I have no instructions how to use it. Also a stick electric(?) mood, also no instructions. I’ll have to search online. At the time, they’d done the work with them, but I saw them in action, not setting up. Duh!

Well, I think I need my breakfast now. I’m a bit light headed for no noticeable reason.

Have a really great day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good morning from my end of the group!

I am glad I read and posted yesterday but it was after most of you but still before I left for church.
        our dinner was smelling great in the crockpot when we got home and then Becky made a peach cobbler! So good. That really made the house smell wonderful. She made the peach pie filling and the. used a recipe for a peach dump cake so no pie crust. I whipped up cream and we were good!

Saturday was so busy with the bbq at church that yesterday I didn’t do much at alll.
        Today I am back on track. I took one of the sunflower jars to my mom with some cobbler yesterday and visited and then tried to ignore the rest of the cobbler when we got home.
        Can you tell I have cobbler on my mind?

I hope today goes well and safely for us all.
        Jostoy, take care and take it easy.
        Jo, will be keeping you in my prayers.
        Donna, all those pies! I told Becky and my mom and we all are just amazed at what you do and so positive about it.
        Beth, hope you have a good day!

i am on my phone and can’t see what I am writing.

Have a good day, Maxie and can’t wait to hear what is going on with KA.

Comment

By golly I finished playing in the dirt. Have had my shower and feel real good about my completing the job. But oh will I hurt for a day or two. All the bending and pulling of roots has done me in, but I was determined to finish today. ANYONE who plants creeping murtle has got to be nuts. Those darn vines would trip me, and they are a mess to pull. Some had to be dug up.

Enough of my moaning and groaning. Need to get a bite to eat, and re-hydrate myself.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Hello everyone..
            WOW.!!!..Glad too see everyone..
            I have one those days..I think it is Monday..
            I am trying so hard making his business work..None of my believe in me.They do not want to hear me.I know i can do it.
            Paula Dean,Did it..From rag to riches....

Comment

Working...
            X