Friday, July 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 19

Good morning Rounders! I have been up for hours. Not much going on here today. Maybe a trip to the library before the weekend and get some new books to read. I'm not liking this last book I'm reading cuz it's too slow, but I will finish it.

The Cactus's that were already planted here when we bought this place are blooming. Huge white blooms. Nice! My other Cactus plants bloom red and they only bloom in spring.

The garden and lawn are finally starting to look decent. I sure have worked hard in both, but there are still weeds in the lawn that will have to be dug out or pulled out. I'm waiting for my knee injection.

JoGee, are you excited about the quick response on your house? I bet you are!

Paula, thanks for getting back to me about the Walmart groceries. I don't see how they can afford to have that service, but I'm certainly glad that they do. I'm sure a lot of folks benefit from it.

I'm suddenly starving so it's off to the kitchen for me. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...I am getting out this afternoon to go to Walmart. I need a sugar free cake mix for mom’s birthday dinner Monday. I also need to cash a check. I do have a ride both places. So thankful to not need the bus.

Comment

Morning Karlinann and everyone still sleeping in. I have been up exactly long enough to make a cup of coffee and last night I was lights out by 9:30...I'd say I got a pretty good nights sleep! This morning I need to run home to get my knees x rayed. They will probably just find that the old joints are giving out but you have to start someplace and I am not going down without a fight. Then I will meet Sierra and her bf for breakfast. I really hate feeding him but they are attached at the hip. Andrew was by last night to say goodbye because they are going on vacation today. They go to the mountains every year...not my thing...I am a beach guy!

Yesterday I made my green beans and potatoes and it was very good. Andrew brought in his own food and then found a corn dog. Jon said something about picking up more bacon and having BLT's again. Sounds good to me! Too hot for big meals...close to 100 today with heat indexes of 110. How did we live without a/c? I remember the window fan that went on every night and sleeping at the foot of our beds to catch the breeze pulled in. I also do not remember dying so guess conditions are what you get used to and I am very used to whole house a/c and a refrigerator that produces ice when I push a lever. I do not miss the 'good ole days' much. Ok, I do miss having working joints and smaller clothes.

Jon brought in the mail yesterday and pieces were not ours. He got all hostile because the mailman had a fit about our parking my car in front of the house. It doesn't give them a clear run for the mail truck to go from house to house if he has to drive around my car and there was a real live notice about it in the mailbox threatening us. He was livid and called the postmaster but you do not argue with the post office. So I park in front of the house to unload groceries then move the car to make sure the mailman has a clear route to put someone else's mail in our box. Yes we are petty people...but we are the people standing in the hot sun sorting the mail.

Karlinann, your husband buys and doesn't shop. I love it! Jo great news on the house. Cookie wish we could see those palm tree cookies all dressed up. Paula, wish we had your pool on these hot afternoons. Facebook was full of someone trying to rob my bank back home yesterday. Hottest day of the year and the guy is dressed is dressed in black robbing a bank on foot. Not sure if they caught him yet...hope he didn't take anything from my Christmas Club! Well going to be a hot one here today so stay cool and enjoy the day.

Comment

Good morning.
        Yes, Karlinann, I am excited. Once the “gang” of realtors gets their skit together and make sure there won’t be any glitches, they can write up the contract.

Did I also mention that my son is selling my car? It’s just been sitting in covered parking here, collecting heat. Not good for the car. And I can’t drive it. I get free rides from here anyway, if not from the seniors’ service, but also my kids. So he took it to his house and cleaned it up. He will “show” the car from his driveway. His wife put it on whatever online place....it covers 10 sites that sells used cars. Then she passed the info on to her brother who is a certified car dealer, and he shared it with 5 other dealers. She already got a call or two about it.

My oldest DD already saw the ad, not happy. Royally ticked, maybe? She assumed that her SIL would be selling it. But I don’t want her driving my car, and I know she would.....but she’s the one with the bad leg. (She walks on it just fine if she’s not around doctors, but she plays up the “pain” to whatever advantage and likes to say the doctors wonder why she’s not permanently in a wheelchair.). Anyway, it’s recently been said her SIL is taking so many classes to further his career (paramedic) that he is hardly ever home. But she will hold “favors” over your head til she gets her way. I don’t play that game, but I do find her temper scary....she gets a “gestapo” demeanor. Oh well. She is still my daughter, but I know when to look out for my own interests. And when I really can’t make my own decisions, I have 3 other daughters who I’ve given legal permission to make those decisions.

Maxie, that’s terrible about the bank robbery. I hope they caught the guy.

i need to get my crocheting project together....today I’m joining the crochet group.

Cinnamon toast for breakfast today....goes well with my mocha! ☕️

Have a Zippity-Do-Dah day!
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-19-2019, 08:13 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Thanks for the song in my head, Jo! ONe f my favorite rides at Disneyland as well as one of our family's favorite Disney movies (that they never show anymore).

Today one of my daycare dads is bringing sand for the sandbox. I had thought not to refill it, but they were at Home Depot and I guess ava, age 2, said, paula needs sand! She was just 2 in april and has talked very well from early on. So, I have been out already to cleanup after the dogs and will make a good fast sweep of the yard after they go out again at 8:00. Usually, I just let them go out and then do a clean up before I take the kids out. I have one child with me and the others waiting by the screen door and try to get it done quickly...new sand will keep them busy and I will be busy keeping the toddlers form throwing it in each other's hair.

This is a home and normal errands weekend. After two weekends of being away I am ready for one to be home.

I have been on a Facebook site for a serious local issue: a violent sex offender was due to be released to our town! He did not commit his crimes here nor was he in jail here, but somehow was going to be put in a home here. Tons of petitions went around for our signatures, there are jpeople going over to Eureka (three hour trip) for the court hearing this morning (8:30 am) and there was a public meeting with lots of people on Wednesday night...the landlord finally said he would not rent to him, meaning the group that will be placing him, but that is just words until you hear the final outcome. He owns a mortgage company and owns lots of properties and also rents a lot of them to this group that places offenders. There is a known offender in another home but not of this category. This guy is classified higher risk to commit again and not on anyone he knows; that is why he is categorized as a predator...lying in wait for the next child. OUr local elected officials and our state officials have written letters and we will see how the justice system works today...

Yes, karlinann, a lot of working people like being able to order their groceries during lunch and then pick them up when they are on their way home. Daycare moms really like it because they don't have to get kids in and out of carseats, etc.

Our Facebook yesterday and the new last night was all about gas skiimmers found at one of the chevron stations! And it was a whole big contraption, not just the cover you slide your card into. I always grab and shake the crd slot to make sure no one has put their own over it, but this clearly shows that the thieves are way more tech savvy than that. and at the price of Chevron gas! Everone was asking How in the world did no one in the station see someone taking apart the pump to do that?! The police were posting it on their page as well as on the news so we will see what they find out. Cash or taking your card inside are the safest ways...it is just getting so you are not safe anywere.
          I took my card in to the station I usually go because it said Pay inside, and the guy kept the card while I pumped. I realized later that theother stations just run it and hand it back...I was watching my bank for a long tme over that one and told the owner the next time I went. I started with, There are a lot of gas stations in town...just letting him know I will make another choice if I don't feel safe at his.

gosh, I am posting some negative stuff, but like in my small town is sure getting precarious!

Maxie, one of our favorite family stories Gary would always tell was how on the last day of scholl he and his brothers would take their beds out back and sleep outside in the summer. When I visited REd Bluff I would sleep on the screened porch at my grandmother's so I totally understood how it was better to be outside and catch a breeze than inside without the a/c my kids have never lived without!
          and I remember visiting my grandparents and helping them make kpeach jam: Nana cutting up the peaches and gramp stirring and stirring...no pectin, I guess or maybe she just told him to stir it down. Hot! Sticky! But so worthit when that jam was finished. They did have a big swamp cooler they bought when I was little and at the house a lot.

Ok, I wrote a lot again, but just love sitting down with you all to start my day!
          Hope yours is well on its way and full of good things!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I always pay inside because I will go in and buy a bottle of water or a donut or something. Besides if I am pumping at home I know the clerks and go in to say hello. I know the skimmers are a big problem all over. People can think of more ways to be crooks than I can imagine.

Paula, thanks for the heads-up on the latest card scanner. I think the scammers will also try the stations where grocery stores give you gas points. I will certainly pass that info on, although I won’t be needing to buy gas any more.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We are all so happy! The Judge in Humboldt County said he will not place this guy in our country th!
            he said he had made up his mind before this morning’s hearing due to all the Mail, emails and phone calls!
            wow! The voice of the people was heard !

Comment

Working...
            X