Thursday, July 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, July 18

GoodGood morning Rounders! There was a T storm last evening and plenty of rain here.

JoGee, take the money offer. Aunt Maye is right about the loan offers taking too much time, plus their loans may not go through. It's a gamble. We have done the scanning real estate signature and it was easy. Your real estate agent will make it a piece of cake for you.

DH went to Aldi's and did the shopping yesterday all by himself. He did such a good job and I praised him for it. I am trying to take it easy on this knee until I can get that injection.

Today is yard waste pick-up. I have the Tea Tree Olive bush that didn't make it, plus a branch from the Sycamore that came down during a storm.

I finished Rattlesnake Crossing and now I'm reading another J.A. Jance book. Also, I've started a new jigsaw puzzle, Victorian Attic. It's fun.

DH got me some of the Greek Honey Yogurt at Aldi's. OMG! That stuff is so good. That is what I had for dinner.

I've got to get up and get my blood flowing in these legs. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good FOGGY Morning! It was so humid yesterday, that it felt like you had to push your way thru.

Yesterday was good. I finished organizing my pantry so that you can walk thru it again. Decided to FINALLY defrost the big upright freezer in there. Got that done & decided to do the other big upright freezer in the garage. Felt so good to get those done. I've been putting that job off for months, but it's come down to the wire & had to get done. Pitched a few things and now I've got plenty of room for pie crusts.

Blaise ask to go swimming since he was kicked off electronics for a while. It started drizzling. I eventually got in the pool and cleaned until it was just down right pouring. Got back in once it slowed down but when it thundered, we were out of there. Made a big mistake. Didn't run the filter for a few days & nobody was down there due to being busy. Well it wasn't a pretty site. Algae along the sides. Worked on that and put in lots of chlorine. The water is clean this morning, but the sides still need lots of work. May have to buy some algicide. Didn't pay to save on electricity.

After dropping off Blaise at VBS, I'll start working on finishing up icing sugar cookies. One customer ordered a cookie tray for tomorrow for her family reunion. The cookie tray got the highest bids last year, so she ask that I make it look like a Christmas tray because the theme is Christmas in July. I had palm trees waiting to be iced & decided to make them "Christmas" trees. Need to get pie fillings made up for tomorrow's pies.

Tonight is our local firemen's parade. Don't know if I'll take Blaise or not. We'll see. Swimming sounds better to me.

Congrats Jo on the house sale. Wow that was quick.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish you'd post a pic of those Palm Tree cookies.

Good morning...Only getting out this evening..going to a friends to play cards.

Comment

A hot morning! Yesterday after the dr I ran to take Sierra her mail and the temp was 95. Going around to her makes me take the interstate home and when I got off the temp was 70 and pouring rain. Needed two hands to keep the car straight with all the wind. Wow....That was 25* drop in just a few minutes. We also had a some kinda storm Karlinann! Temps are suppose to hit 100 tomorrow and Saturday. The power went out for 2 hours last night around 10:30 and I sure do hope it doesn't go out in the next couple of days. There will be baked Maxie for supper!!!

There are a lot of things I should do today and sweep the kitchen floor is one of them. Finally bought a fly swatter last week and now cannot find it. I have never been able to keep track of a fly swatter and there is something unappealing about a shoe print on the wall. I know I bought it and I remember admiring it when I pulled it from the bag but it sure did walk off fast enough. Flies and bugs just laugh at us around here...they laugh and hide the swatters but we get even by calling exterminators. Hope the phones don;t start disappearing.

Jo such good news about your house. What a relief to see that behind you soon. Karlinann, I gotta ask how long it took your husband to grocery shop...my son takes forever in that store and brings in the craziest things. I am an in and outer...the longer I stay the more money I will spend... and get what is on my list and pick up only the extras that are sitting in front of me as I whiz by. We have the strangest spices he spent time looking over and picking up. Why?

Tomorrow I will get my xrays and Sierra is off so we are going to breakfast. There is a new bakery back home and I want to try it. But for today Beth has the right idea to stay in. Cookie I love the idea of decorating palm trees like Christmas trees! They will love it with a Christmas in July theme.

Guess I'll go start the day. Stay cool people!!!!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, it only took him an hour. He said to tell you he has a list, (which I make for him) and he buys, he does not shop.

My DH says that him and his brothers and sisters used to hide the flyswatter because that's what their mom used to spank them with. Better than the nuns cracking your hands with the stick. Ouch!
        Last edited by karlinann; 07-18-2019, 11:40 AM.

Good morning.
      The house is still getting bids. There’s a good chance of one willing to pay more than the asking price, and over the higher bids as well. A couple bidders are even waiving all inspections. And a few more people want to see it this weekend. I trust the realtor. I have signed the online papers. I’m really surprised at the interest in my house. But I’m glad of it. The realtor is looking at this sale from all angles, apparently, to get me the best deal (and his profit, of course). Fine. He hasn’t even had a chance to post the yard pictures....but it’s not spectacular.....it’s all caleche and a 70’ double berm (I had that made). It’s probably the largest backyard in the entire subdivision, from what I’m told. Anyway, I don’t think he will measure bidders beyond this weekend. And I’m glad it’s going so well. And I’d be happy with that cash offer, though I find all the bidding and waiving intriguing.

karlinann, take care of that knee. I’m glad you have a chance at just the injections.

Cookie, I read your posts and get hungry for those goodies. And you have time to swim??? You’ve GOT to be twins, one always in hiding. Admit it. LOL

Yesterdays visit with older dd went well enough. But I felt edgy with her there at all. Her “in and out” visit lasted 1-1/2 hours. Son and wife dropped in about noon, and we had lunch and went to the Fry’s/Kroger store, where I got a few things. Its just half a mile away from where I’m living. They stayed and chatted til 5p. In between, I had calls from the realtor and also from a finance guy who needed to verify my changed location. I guess the facts by email and snail mail weren’t enough. They can’t see me through the phone either. And I also told them the updates on my phone #.

oh, older daughter still hasn’t mentioned her younger dd’s pregnancy or the baby shower. I didn’t ask. I want to see how long she will keep mute on that subject. Apparently the girl and her hubby are throwing their own baby shower. I guess it’s a couples’ shower......so grandma here isn’t invited? The info I got is all from other sources my dd spoke to. So why the secrecy?

Temps hanging around 110° here. Guess who’s staying indoors!
      Cannot believe I typed this and forgot to hit the Post button!
      Have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee, I knew you would be able to sell fast.

Becky just called out the sprinklers out bck are all crazy again and getting water all over and not on the lawn...I guess this is what happens when low cost items and handyman ability start doing yard work? I don't know but I am changing out the sprinklers he put in and putting on my old ones...ugh. the attitude here is a bit charged right now. I deal with things like this a lot better than Becky does. Type a person.

Karlinann, that is our favorite yogurt! With blueberries or plain.

Wow! Waiving the inspections! And the cash offer. all are awesome. The VA loans may take more time??? I bet your realtor will get the best, top offers for you to decide. this is as exciting as the selling real estate shows I like to watch.
      My friends got multiple offers for their house and decided to take the 2nd offer (not top) because they liked the family and thought they would appreciate the house the most...personality filters into those offers, too.
      and a big lot!!! Who cares what the ground is: less to deal with if they want to put in a pool, maybe?

I haven't been inour pool for a couple of days, since Saturday, actually. It just hasn't been doable, timewise. but I will have time this evening. And the daytime temps are right, that is for sure.

Pat posted a picture and recipe of some beautiful peach streusel muffins that I am making this weekend. The Farmer's Market is Saturday morning and I am going!

Maxie, grocery shopping is at least an hour for me. That is why the online shopping and easy pick up available from Walmart and our other store are so inviting! My daycare moms told me about it and I have really found it saves me money (all that stuff Isee that I walk by just jumps into my cart in the store!).

I hope the day is going well and the power stays ON! For all of you.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, how much does Walmart charge to do your shopping for you. I'm just curious because Aldi's has the same thing going, but it's pricey.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Free if you buy a minimum of 35.00
        Which is under my normal costs.
        My other store is free if you have an order of 99.00.
        I have not used that one, but have used WM often!

Good morning everybody! Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. I’ve been laid up with a UTI and several other ailments. I’m finally feeling somewhat human again.

Karliann, many years ago, I had Synvisc injections in my left knee. I have had no problems with that knee since then! I do have to say that if they did the second injection first, I probably would not have gone through with them. LOL

I am going to lunch with the ladies today. We are going to a place called The Red Pepper. They have really good food. I will probably get a tuna salad sandwich. If not I will get a roast beef sandwich. I think today will be the last day they will be serving lunch for the rest of the summer.

Ooops, I have to run. I didn’t realize how late it was. Have a great day everybody!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the info Punkin. I am willing to take some pain in order to get that done.

It looks like my house will be under contract tomorrow. Maybe finalized this weekend. Two more offers today. It’s already bid on well over the asking price. Who’d a thunk? This is as exciting as being at the horse races!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        How wonderful for you...you don't even have your suitcase unpacked and the house is sold! I am sure that is worry you are glad to over with.

Karlinann, you DID! say so.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I think I said so, too!
        Whatever: just so happy for you!

Paula, you did say so, too.
      And the good wishes everyone gave me, it looks like it’s coming true.
      Yes, Maxie, I am glad this part is about over.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
      X