Wednesday, July 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, July 17

Good morning Rounders! For those of you who are interested in learning how to post photos please see yesterday's post by me.

We have rain forecast for the next 5 days. Glad I mowed yesterday or it would have been 8 inches high by the time I could have gotten to it. Today is Aldi's shopping and trash pick-up.

Sad news: I lost the Eucalyptus tree and one of the Tea Tree Olives. I think I already told you about those plants, but it's sad to me. One of the remaining 4 TTO's is hanging on and I sure hope it makes it.

All the plants that I've transplanted to the bank are doing great.

I'm so tired. I've been up since before midnight. I've gotten into this weird sleep pattern again and I'm going to bed early and getting up earlier. It's maddening.

I'm going to rest after the Aldi's trip. Read, do puzzles, play computer games....

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...I too have an Aldi trip planned. Also need to vacuum all the furniture.

Comment

Good morning. ☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️
      I can relate, Karlinann. I slept a few hours, woke around 2 a.m. and several times after that. That’s almost a habit now.

the sunrise is a bit blah today. I see smog reducing the scenic colors.

Today my oldest DD visits. I think I’ll prop my door open before she gets here. I’m not sure I like who she has become. She can be scary.
      About noon my son & his wife will visit with me. We will have lunch, then they’ll take me shopping at Fry’s/Kroger.
      Middle DD is packing for a trip with her boyfriend. She said she will return next week with a cabinet to install in my bathroom. Nice!

It will be only 107° today. Still iffy for me to be out there, but it won’t be for long periods. Just from the car and into the store, if son lets me out in front of the door.

So that’s pretty much my day today. Tomorrow, the joy of doing laundry. The machines are slow. I hope the broken one is fixed by then. I miss my old machines....they weren’t so noisy.

hope you have a great day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...day one of our heat wave begins today. It is summer!! It rained yesterday off and on and several times with full sun shining. Reminded me of trips to Florida when it would rain on one side of the street but not the other. We totaled about an inch and half of Barry rain but all of it was a slow steady rain that the plants loved. Now back to hose feeding them! It is sad to lose a plant Karlinann. I lost the one spirea and now the one on the end is dying back. The other four plants are so healthy and happily blooming. Go figure! The new style phlox I planted grows tall and is still blooming. I went out to deadhead them and they make new blooms off the old stalks. Glad I wasn't snip happy and noticed the new buds.

Today is my doctor appointment and I will drop off her computer. Hopefully we can get that fixed or trashed quickly. With both kids gone and a son who works weekends I am having a hard time figuring what day it is. Makes me feel like I'm losing it when I have to sit and think about what day of the week it is. Heck I never did know what the date was..but I do know the month! We are also having trouble with the wrong mail in our mailbox. The neighbor's box is right next to ours so I just open hers and slip in the mail but we are getting stuff for people in town. Now I have to stand by the box and make sure all the mail I bring in is ours. I did find out that our trash bill is cheaper than the town bills....go figure that!..might be my senior discount and that our water bill, which comes on a post card type bill, is double our neighbors. I have always said we are the either the cleanest or dirtiest people in the world. But Jon maintains his pool and we water plants every night. One of the St. Louis news stations did a piece on hidden fees on bills...the common guy does not have a chance out there!!

Yesterday went in to look at the spaghetti sauce left over and there wasn't enough in that bowl to heat up. Why would he put a huge empty bowl in the fridge and leave it for that long? So we had grilled cheese for supper. The produce market had beautiful tomatoes and they tasted like a tomato, too. Nothing better in my book than grilled cheese with lettuce and tomato. Tomorrow I will make green beans and potatoes. The produce stand was gorgeous with beautiful fruit. Picked up some apples to see if theirs were better than the store. They go into the city and get their produce from Produce Row so it is shipped in from everywhere. Bought a watermelon but need a strong arm to cut it for me. No cantaloupe. She said they cannot get any in. Anybody else having problems with cantaloupe? No Honeydew either but I am not a fan of honeydew anyway. The green beans were so fresh and crisp like they had been picked that morning. Andrew's mom sent over cucumbers and I wish she would send over some wilted lettuce...add some bacon and wine vinegar and that is a meal for us.

Well, again I go on and on. Appears I am gabby early in the morning. Hope to get some answers from the dr. this afternoon but I guess I need to face the fact that I am old and my joints are wearing out. All those test and xrays last year and my shoulder still hurts. The knees do not work and I have to stand a second before starting to walk to make sure everything is lined up for that first step, no balance. And I want to do Disney next summer? Better concentrate on walking to the bathroom first! Maye you are so right that getting old is tough and painful work. My Niece says I need some exercises but when nothing works how can you exercise? Not complaining just stating the facts...I gotta get in shape and move my bones in a direction not facing the refrigerator!!

It is going to be hot for the rest of the week around here and we are under a heat warning. Stay cool and have a great day.

Comment

Good Morning! It's going to be a hot muggy one & will be for the next several days, but the highest it says it'll go is 91, and that's just one day. People are freaking out though. The weather people are such drama queens. Want to feel important I guess.

Yesterday was good. Dropped Blaise off at VBS, and then headed into Butler to shop at Sharp Shopper & Aldi's. Hit jackpot at SS on the reduced produce rack. Got lots of dinged apples for pies. The afternoon just flitted along. Worked on some laundry. Took Blaise to karate & out to BK for dinner. We came home & swam. Watched Charlie & the choc factory with Johnny Depp. I still like the original better with Gene Wilder. Did you know the actor that played Charlie in the new one is the same young man that is the main character in The Good Doctor?

Talked to Kathy several times yesterday. She was going to Planned Parenthood to see about getting her old birth control thingy removed. Well they couldn't find it, and now she has to go to the hospital, be put under, and them look for it & remove it. She may have screwed up her chances of ever getting pregnant again, which I don't think is a bad thing. She's a BIG DRAMA QUEEN, and just freaks out when doctors go to examine her. Oh for pete sakes, you have all kinds of tats, suck it up!

This morning I hope to get my pantry reorganized and then probably make pies for Mel's. Really should cook a real meal since I didn't last night. Already chatted with Becca. I saw a mom at karate last night who has the cutest haircut, and her hair is naturally curly like Becca's. I ask if I could take a pic of her & send it to Becca, and she allowed me. LOL! Becca sent me a pic of the bridesmaid gown that she tried on Monday night before going to the concert. Her BF got engaged over the weekend, and ask her to be the maid of honor. This is who Becca stayed with her senior year of high school, and they are still BF.

Have I told you about the orange tabby cat that's kind of adopted us. It has to be or was someone's pet because it looks so healthy and extremely loving once it knows you. I'd love to bring it in, but it sheds terribly. I've been combing it & I'm finally not getting as much fur. At first it was massive amounts of fur that came out, but now it's only a little bit. He may be invited in this Fall when it gets cold. Blaise named him Ginger.

Best get busy.....have a wonderful day all!

Comment

the cat sounds like you have been adopted! We bought a Furminator comb on amazon that removes all kinds of hair and the other thing use on the long haired cat that adopted me is the doll brush from American Girl dolls! And the cat likes being brushed and combed, so it all works out. She seldom wants in during the warm weather, though. But cold weather is something else. She looks for an out of the way spot and sleeps away.

We have this one weather guy that I can hardly watch: he just has the biggest smile (I know, I'm weird) all the time! Even in the commercials when they are showing the fires from last year, he has a big smile as he talks about keeping us all informed...reminds me of a car salesman or something.

Trash has been picked up and I will get in the cans and take out the recycle bin whenI am finished here.

Cantaloupe has been great here. It is CA produce and the farm stands are also selling it as well as the grocery store. the watermelons I have bought have been really good this year, too.

I want to do Disney World next year too, but I am the same: I need to build up my walking. A nice beach in Hawaii sounds even better but I really like being with my kids and grandkids. Spencer's family were in the park every day from 9:00 to 9:00...and it rained a little every day, he said. they tried to have an alternate ride plan for the times the rain snuck up on them.

I have taco meat made up for us and for a taco salad. I wanted to cook once and be done with it. Becky picked up the grocerie on her way home yesterday. I really like the shopping app and the quick pick up service. And really really like someone else doing it for me! She said it took only 5 minutes to pull into Walmart and the bags loaded (they do it for you) and come on home.

Hot here, but not like Jo's and not like the humidity you guys back East are getting.
            Jo, have a good visit and keep your eyes open...so sorry that you are having to watch out around your own daughter.

I better get moving.
            the flowers sound wonderful with the rain you guys are getting. We do't even bother to count how many days since it rained; it is more remarkable to have any day of rain in the summer. My water bill is around 75.00 in the summer and 55 during the rest of the year.

Maye, next time I wake up for a bit in the middle of the night I will think of you and Karlinann. I wish you could have someone come over to visit with David that he feels comfortable with and you could get out for lunch or grease balls! So happy to read when you are able to post.

Ok, you busy friends, have a good day, stay cooled and comfortable and calm!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              We have done Disney World so many times and the rain does not stop us...not at those prices! We buy ponchos at walmart and bring our own. Appearances are not the priority. I always make sure the kids have brought two pair of shoes. The best thing is that the rain does send some people out of the parks and shortens the lines for the rest of us. A Hawaiian Beach sounds wonderful but as long as I can creep or crawl around I agree with you and will do Disney with the family! To us it is the happiest place in the world and we have the time of our lives...I know your son and family did too!!!!

Wow....great news here. I just heard from the realtor and he will be calling me soon. There are multiple offers on the house, and he NEEDS my signature before noon. One offer is exactly what he promised to try for. I’m not sure how to sign my “wet signature” from my iPad, so the realtor needs to instruct me on that! But Wow! This seems so quick!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news! Wouldn't a bidding war be wonderful? My sister signed papers electronically so I know it can be done. Congratulations!!!

yay! I thought there would be multiple offers, Jo!
            and someone is getting a nice home!

Comment

There are multiple offers for sure, possibly more over the coming weekend. But one person is offering cash. The others are going with VA loans. Now to see if their expectations touch reality.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening,

another muggy warm (HOt) day.. I love it.. everything is green and no sweaters needed.... SUMMER!.....
                I got DAvid out today.. I went into Library ,changing books around .I order them on my computer, they are delivered to local lib..wonderful... then a stop at State Farm, Pay the car ins. bill.. and on to Walmart.. D. took a buggy and went in there. got special treats for the Cat and went back to the car.. while I loaded up the groc cart .. got home.. but went back down the road about 2-3 miles to latest family Resturant and had good dinner. ..

Paula, I will think of you tonight when I am awake at 3ish..I had a nice nap earlier today. so putting off heading for bed for a bit yet.. got a Book that I can read..If David become unable to go with me ,I will consider using that order-over-phone,pick up service .. and have one of sons pick it up for me.

JoGee.. so happy to hear about the way offers on your house are coming in.. yeap, grab the cash guy.. takes a lot of time for Loans to go through sometimes.

Hi to all of you...,its getting time to get D. settled for night , and the Cat too.
                see you all later.. Hugs.

Comment

Working...
                X