Tuesday, July 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, July 16

Good morning Rounders! I saw the moon this morning first thing. Beautiful!

We got rain, glorious rain yesterday evening. I've sent it your way Maxie.

Not a lot happening here. I finished another J.A. Jance paperback and will start another one today. I've almost finished a 1000 piece puzzle by Hometown called "Blessing of the Animals." It's so neat.

I am going to take it easy again today, but I do need to go out and walk around and make sure the storm didn't do any damage.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. I met the new lady that will be my helper. She seems nice and I think it will fine.

Today I am volunteering in the office of the organization that provides support when it comes to my job.

I talked to chef Steve yesterday. I could be back to as early as August 5th. He is bringing some of us back to learn new stations. I am excited and can’t believe how fast my summer went.

Comment

Good Morning! We also got rain, Karlinann, thanks to Barry. It is raining right now. Talked with Scott in Southern Missouri last night and they have had 5 inches of Barry rain. As of yesterday evening we had an inch of rain in the gauge. Suppose to rain all day and then the heat wave will hit starting tomorrow and going thru Monday. Heat indexes of 110 and temps 98. Going to get hot! Cardinals did get the game in last night and I am finally getting back into baseball. The fast pace of all that hockey killed the slower baseball. But..you can do other things while watching a ball game.

Did my grocery shopping yesterday after running errands back home. Need to run to the veggie stand this morning. Want to make a pot of green beans and potatoes later this week and pick up a head of lettuce for salad and will finish up using the spaghetti sauce...bet there ain;t a meatball left! Also thinking BLT's sound good on a hot day. Wow, look at me planning meals! I must be hungry....

Think I will catch up on all the laundry today. Donna I loved the thing on face book...I never know if it is a gif or a meme. That is so me and I shared it. You just gotta finish a job!! You have a way to go but I am there! Talked with the computer repair guy and will take Sierra's computer back to him on my way to the doctor. He called back yesterday and had questions. I put a whole bunch of money into that repair but it was an expensive Dell when she started school and I thought repairing it was logical. He will look at it but I may have to replace it. Sierra told me last Spring to just buy a new cheaper one but I wouldn't give up. What a dummy. Only problem is she has some programs that we will have to buy to put on a new computer that are already paid for on the old one. I do trust this guy and guess I put him on the spot by wanting it repaired. Maybe it is still salvageable...people that put in the battery said it needs some wires reconnected. She gets aggravated with me because I don't understand and when I tell her I don't understand her response is 'I know you don't'...then I feel like an old relic, ya know. But since she is job hunting I feel I need to get this computer running or replaced for one last time. But you know, no one did this stuff for us when we were starting out. Maybe I am not doing her any favors by helping. I dunno...just hard to let your kids go without help. Her bf does not have a computer...in fact all he brought to this relationship was his dirty underwear and there you go...I am a mean old lady. Jon says you just had to say it didn't you? Yeah well, it is a curse.

Ok, I know you all love it when I go on and on and on so I will go make more coffee and start my day. Produce market keeps bankers hours so no hurry to run out in the rain. May run into walmart. They advertised an air fryer cheap and I thought I might check it out for Sierra and put it back for later. Amazon is having Prime sales and evidently walmart is competing.

Hope you all are getting this glorious rain and cool temps. Have a wonderful day.

Comment

Yeah, who knew there was Black Friday in July?
        i had no idea about Prime Day and luckily, don’t seem to need anything while they are having sales. My history is right after the sale something breaks down.

i am waiting on the Avon lady who comes early and not when I want but I rarely buy from her so I am sitting using my phone to post.

The sprinkled out back went crazy this am. Water going all over the patio with the pugs huddling on the steps. Good thing I went out for something.
        Maxie, I know what you mean about computers! Becky will say something like, I shared info on a Google doc and I am supposed to know what she means and how to access it! And I don’t really want to spend the time because I have no need of it now.

I will leave this phone and hope my post is readable.

have a good day!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
          Middle DD tells me it’ll be 114° today. She’s picking up my Med today and doesn’t want me out in this heat.
          I am losing track of great-grands. I mentioned one GD is PG ..... well, I found out TWO are PG. I need to chart it out again, but this adds up to 16 or 17, I think. Our niece asked me when the baby shower is for the next one. Oldest DD hasn’t said a word to me about it. Obviously she has told others, but not me. She gets *itchier as she ages. Her problem, not mine.

Today i am expecting a call from my realtor, and get a heads up on the progress of the house sale. He said he’d call every Tuesday, unless something very important comes up.
          I know he said he’d get a colleague in Phx to bring me any paperwork. Saves us both travel time, if not the heat.

Karlinann, if you read enough of JA Jance’s books, you’ll become an Arizonan!

Beth, good for you. Not every new person in your life is a threat. And there is good potential for more friends.

Maxi, your life sounds full. That’s a good thing.

To everyone...have a super-duper day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! The rain is coming here later this afternoon. Yesterday was the 4th straight day w/o rain.

Yesterday was busy. I hustled in the morning making samoa pies, scalded a peck of peaches, made filling out of them, then made & baked a peach pie. I got there just in time to pick up Blaise from VBS. I guess he was fretting during VBS that I would forget him. NEVER! He was glad to see me & was in a pleasant mood most of the day. He did grumble that he had to go to karate, but that was too bad.

I was puttering in the kitchen during the afternoon, and a gentleman stopped by to see if I had any pies baked. Told him I wasn't a regular bakery, but I would gladly make him a pie for later, so he's coming after work today. He bought several dozen cookies from the freezer. I finished the last book in a series of three last night. Karen Kingsbury

Dropped Blaise off at VBS...picked up 3 more books while there. Then into town I went to see if I could get an great bargains. I picked up 6 of the 9 bags of dinged apples. The other three had one or two red delicious apples in them, and I won't eat or use them. BLAH! Almost forgot to go to the bank, so I had to make a big half circle to get to that part of town.

I've got the peach pie in the oven. Should be done before I have to go get Blaise. Not sure what the rest of the day will bring. I really should straighten up this place. I've got a nagging headache, and just not feeling very motivated.

Maxie...I hope you never get offended by the FB things I share with you. After what we talk about here, they just remind me of you & think you'll get a good laugh out of them. I know I do!

I don't understand much about computers. All I've ask for years is someone show me how to post pictures. I would LOVE to be able to post on some recipe sites. But has anyone done it for me? NOOOOO!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
              maxie commented
              Editing a comment
              Donna I loved it because it was so me. Nice to know you have friends that think about you. I shared it and my sister and sister in law loved it too! But I don't know what you have against red delicious apples...it is all we eat around here and we (Jon) eat a lot of apples. Our only complaint is how small the apples have gotten and there are fewer and fewer apples in those bags. As for computers, they never show you how or explain why just tell you 'you don't understand'. Yep, you are right, I don't, so do it for me....they owe us you know!!! Obviously they do not.......

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7...55210112_zpid/

My house is now now officially on the market. 3 agents came in to check it out. Definitely an “open house” Thursday through Sunday. There’s a lot of activity (buyers) checking out the area. They expect a solid offer at the week’s end. There is no charge for hauling off the house/yard contents. (Not mentioned is the fact all that stuff can easily be sold. They’re welcome to that bit of profit.....I just want the final transaction done with.)
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

good evening

yes I'm alive!!!!!. seem like I sleep a lot in daytime any more... maybe because hubby does and then he is up about 2/30-3:00 am .tv at a 90 ..so I generally get awake.. turn on the bed lamp and read.. no sense losing my temper about his hours.. it is what it is...
              I have loved the summer weather,, sun , 80-90 temps.. lots of daylight... we go away very little.. D. won't take the walker out in public... that is his safest means of support.. so I only trust places like Walmart where he can have their shopping cart to push.. just like a walker.. he is holding his own . more or less. gets tired easily. ( as do I, hey, this getting old is tough work folks!!!)

.. don't you just hate when the computer UPDATES itself. and you can't find your favorite sites?... or have to use 4 more Clicks to get there. agggggg. glad I've got grandkids who can come and help me.. they do it with such ease.. of course, I have to write down each step because I would forget what they told me 5 min later..

I don't leave D. at home alone very much any more.. he falls to easily .. I do miss going to Donnas.. or anywhere,, just to chat to the ladies, so keep on talking ladies.. I do read the news each day..

gotta go.. Mr D. is pushing walker up and down past my computer room door... He must want something.. see you tomorrow

Comment

Hi Maye. It’s always nice to see your posts. Mr D sure has turned your schedule around. It’s my bedtime right now, but wanted to say Hi first.

I have got kids coming tomorrow. Eldest DD will only stay briefly. Good. She kind of scares me lately. But she is bringing a friend (who is getting my discards) who will be witness to her behavior. So I’m sure she will be on good behavior. One should not have to be frightened of a child...this one grown. So I try to keep her time limits short. It will be interesting if she tells me her DD is PG. I heard it from a niece in Tucson....the news is already 3rd-hand.
                The other kid is my son and his wife. We will have lunch and then to to the grocery store. I need a few things.

I am invited to the crochet/knitting group. 2 hours a week with them will do me good.
                Had lunch with Miss Sunshine today. I hope she is okay. She was happy through lunch. It was Mac & cheese & ham today, and she LIKED IT. She had ice cream afterwards, and even joked around.

Have a good night.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X