Monday, July 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, July 15

Good morning Rounders! It's your typical Florida July weather here, hot, humid, and hazy. It has not rained since Friday and I forgot to turn the irrigation back on Saturday. I lost another Tea Tree Olive shrub and am about to lose my Canna Lily. It's too wicked hot and these plants need some sun protection, so today I'm moving it to a more sheltered spot. It's sun fried. I did a walkabout the yard yesterday morning and everything is doing ok otherwise. I sowed more Zinnia's.

Nothing on the calendar for today. We won't get rain today and probably not until Thursday so I will need to water some things. I have cactus getting ready to bloom. They will be really pretty with their big blooms.

We both had pizza for lunch yesterday and ended up just having a bowl of cereal for dinner. It was perfect.

Not much happening here. Stay cool, wear your shades and use that sunscreen if you go out. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! I wrote out a thing and then forgot to post it and left the page. When my brain finally caught up to my fingers the damage was done and I am rewriting this morning post. Hope that is not a prelude to what the day will bring..ya know?

Yesterday was a warm day and I spent it reading and watching the ballgame. Today I have to run home and do some errands. Did I tell you Sierra was laid off Friday? They told her she was going to go into more training and then Friday afternoon called all the new hires in and laid them off. I am sure it is a financial thing but a pretty shitty thing too. No French in there...By the time she called us she had gotten her McD's job back and sent out several resumes. I ask how she was yesterday and she said I stopped crying. What a blow to your ego! McD just gave everyone an over the board raise so she will actually be making close to what she was dressing up and driving a distance to make. Hard life lesson to learn so quickly.

Andrew called Saturday and ask to come over and get something. I went out to talk with his mom and he comes out carrying a tv. His mom and I looked at each other blinking and then she says it is always a pleasure to shop here. He said he knew it was in the closet...It was just so funny to see a tv coming down the front steps! Between both his kids we should have all our closets cleaned out soon...pantry too.

Went to bed early and now I am up early. You would think it will give me an early start to my day but you would probably be wrong. Just give me more time to glump around. When I get back this morning I need to grocery shop. Jon is off today so I will have a grocery hauler. Not suppose to be as hot today but temps are predicted to be close to 100 by weeks end. Makes keeping these new plants alive hard. Hope we do get some of the Barry rain.

Karlinann will any of Barry reach you? They said it was spreading out east a bit. Have a wonderful day everyone...

Comment

Good morning..I am hoping for a good day. I found out last week that I am getting a new person to help me. NOT what I want but they won’t listen to me!! I have told them in every way I know how that I am happy with the person I have and do not and will not be very accepting some one new. They said I don’t have a choice. Anyways I meet my new lady today..I have Atleast agreed to meet her and give her a chance. I am rying hard to go into this with a positive outlook. Sometimes stuff has to change to help you be a better you.

Did I tell you I got a new to me couch and oversized chair? I love it!! It went from my parents to my sister to me. It’s makes me not ever want to leave the basement. If some one would just throw me some food every once in a while I really could stay in my happy spot.

I really enjoyed my time with my parents they went home yesterday and will be back on Sunday.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Beth, none of us like change, but it is a fact of life. If you keep an open mind you might be surprised about your new help. Give it a chance. Life sometimes challenges us to be a better person. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's just a job.

good 74* Monday morning to you...it will be a hot day and I have water activities for the kids...it is just such a mess to clean them up. the toddlers would be much easier if I didn't have to deal with diapers and sand! But it will really keep them busy and happy and cool if we can play in and with water.

Having three days off was just what I needed. I feel as if I really had a break!
      Yesterdays's dinner was so good. the grilled chicken and the spinach salad and of course, the cheesecake were perfect. Then someone dropped by with a box of pastries! they are from a shop in Utah that I have shared the posts. They were winners on Food Network and are featured in the very expensive goldbelly online food catalog. One of my former Sunday school students lives very close to the shop (I did not know that) and bought four and sent them home with her sister who was visiting. anyway, when it rains it pours (pastries form the clouds!) We were already full so we took a bite from one of them and now I am looking at them and thinking I can not start the day with more sugar! My brother being here and cooking for us and then going out for my birthday has added 4 pounds in two weeks!

A friend came over last night asking us to sign a petition requesting the court Not accept a sex offender to be paroled to our area. He did not commit his crimes here and has no reason to be here. All psych reports said he will offend again...Friday is the court hearing and it will be full of residents who are trying to stop his placement. Of course, we both signed and my neighbor across the street did, too. I am just not sure of how this will turn out...I signed up to receive alerts for offenders living in a 3 mile radius of my daycare. they are all over!

Aren't I just full of good news?
      I think I will use up some of this energy and get the Swiffer out for the living room floor. Keeping the door open for a breeze is great but it sure lets in dust and blows around any loose dog hair.

We had big cumulous clouds around the valley this weekend but no storms. Watering here is a constant during the summer.

I better get going. I hope you all are doing well and keeping cool.
      That Florida humidity sounds brutal!
      Maxie, I am so sorry about Sierra's job. Hope things turn around for her wuickly.

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
        Another sunny day ahead. The temps are dropping gradually, and the meteorologists are hopefully predicting rain next week. Will it happen? Sometime. Eventually.

i found the bin with the box of hair brushes and combs. Yay! Also bags of hair products. I’m overwhelmed. I didn’t realize hoe “overblessed” I was in my old home, a bigger place than this apartment for sure, but it’s not a blessing to figure out where to put it all.

After i locate if and where my newest med was sent, I’ve a load of laundry to do. I have 3 days left of the Med. When I run out, it’s a big A-fib problem. It will take most of the morning to deal with this. I did find online that this crazy palpitating is a side effect of the other very necessary Med. I copied it, so the doctors will know if they missed it. It’s almost funny.....the paper that come with the prescription says the list of side effects is continued online......online it lists more with the same caveat, it’s not a complete list.
        wait! There’s more? C’mon, admit it.....the condition is still under study, has to be.
        A pity that I wasn’t a microbiologist.

Stay cool, Karlinann, and I hope the storm misses you.

maxie, better to make those mistakes while young. When you’re older and wiser, there’s more at stake and that’s what counts.

Beth, give the new worker a chance. Everyone learns new things from the new people in their life. Make the most of it.

To all, have a wonderful day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Barry is here...a nice steady rain all afternoon into the evening with temps in the 70s. This is a treat!

Oh Donna, you know me so well! Love it!!
          Last edited by maxie; 07-15-2019, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Hi girls. Just as I thought my pcp office called today and told me the Osteoarthritis had gotten worse, duh, and I told her I had seen the films and my knee is very painful and I can barely walk. She said she would call the Pain Management doctor next door and I can get the injections. She set up the referral and the PM doc's office just called and I have an appt. on July 23. I'm keeping this one.

It will give me some relief so I won't have to have surgery right away. Every time I put weight on that knee it hurts like HELLOOOOO! Yes, I need the injections. I'm really looking forward to that appt.

We went out to lunch at Little Joey's Italian and had spaghetti and meatballs and salad and bread and butter. Yumster! We had leftovers and that will be for DH on another day.

Peace & Plenty.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              So happy for you!!!
          Working...
          X