Sunday, July 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, July 14

Wow, where is everyone? I cannot believe it is 8:30 and I am first here and I don't even have anything to say.

Hope you are all ok and staying cool. Have a great day!!

Good morning Maxie and all who follow. It's a gorgeous morning here and I've been out there sowing more Zinnia's around the garden. I do have some Zinnia's that are doing great, but I should have more becuz I planted them everywhere. Those around the mailbox are still not very big and they get more sun than the rest. I don't know what the deal is around the mailbox, but I'm going to buy something vining to put in there in the fall. I think it's because it's on a slope downwards and the ground moles are working alive around here too.

Neither one of us slept well. I had nightmares and got up at 11 pm and then went back to bed finally at 2 am. DH did not sleep much at all and I asked that he not drive to mass because it's just too risky when you're tired. He agreed and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Hi Aunt Maye! Hi Jo! Hi Beth! Hi The One Who Bakes! Hi Punkin! Hi Jostoy! Hi Sassy! Hi there to all of you who are not members, but follow this forum.

What to fix for dinner? Hmm! Maybe ribs.

I am going to rest today. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• sassygirl01
      sassygirl01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Karlinann,It is getting humid here..The rain is coming..Trying too keep cool..
      I gave that tote bag to my mother best friend...She had stage one breast Cancer..My mother best friend was so happy...She is get ready for surgery

I am soaking the last little bit of time with my parents. This has been the best visit! They will be back in a week. To help take care of my sisters animals while they are out of the country on vacation.

yesterday we went to an antique mall and just hung out between my house and my sisters. When I came back to my house I deep cleaned in the basement and my room. After dinner my sis and brother in-law helped get my new to me furniture into my space...mom and I have some plans to change my room a bit. We are going to do a grouping of frames doilies over my bed. The doilies are coming from my mom’s collection. It means something to her that I want some of them.

Daddy is building a special made desk. Yes I am a bit spoiled/blessed! That desk is something I won’t part with.

This morning I was going to church with my parents and rest of family. I decided last night that I wanted to do my normal Sunday routine. My sis seemed to want just the 6 of them to be together today. My feelings aren’t hurt at all. I thought I was doing what they wanted. I am completely fine with going to my Bible study. I will come home and rest. My allergies and heat aren’t my friend today.

Comment

Good morning! I am back home and super thankful for the ability to go to the funeral yesterday and be able to drive through the traffic and get home safely. going down I was in easy traffic, but road work that stopped me for about 40 minutes..I had started out early enough so that was not a problem. I came home a different way and the traffic was much worse than I expected but I was able to get through it with no stress and a lot of prayer. By the time I was on my familiar I-5 and going by the airport, I was breathing a sigh of relief and realizing how thankful I am that Becky is available most of the time to drive out of town if and when we go to Sacramento.

Beth, your frames and doilies will be very pretty and I hope you can post some photos of them. I love arrangements like that I have seen in magazines. You are also so patient with your sister and I really admire that in you!

I haven't read yesterday's posts but will read later. Right now I am hurrying to be able to walk out the door in bit for church.
      I was tired out last night and went to bed early.

Today Becky is doing dinner for me. Marinated chicken breast, salad with greens and figs she saw in a magazine, and cheesecake. It is a recipe she has had for a few years and has made it a few times...she made lemon curd to go on top and used some zest (4 lemons worth) in the filling. 5 packs of cream cheese! Grilling the chicken when we get home from church. I hope not all the figs are over ripe...I tasted one and it was. My brother picked them up for me and the woman said some were ripe and some not quite ripe. I think all were pretty ripe, but we will see...I told Becky if they taste a little over ripe, we will not eat them and just take a picture! Us and our food photos!
      Spencer sent us pictures of all the food they ate on vacation. I enjoyed that as much as the pictures of them on rides and in lines.

We are having a hot weekend: over 100* but I am not checking to see how much over. What really irritates me is getting letters form the power company saying You used 30% more energy than similar homes in your neighborhood.. Ya think?! How many homes in my neighborhood have 6 children in them all day, and a pool and are home all day? Most people work and are not even in their homes during the day. this from the same company that due to neglect in their equipment has been charged with the cause of the camp fire. We will all end up paying for their lawsuits.

Oh, I am stopping now with the negative talk.
      What a wonderful day it really is and I appreciate all of you: what you share and the ideas I get from all you are doing.

I took so many bags and items to Good Will on Friday. I went in and asked if they had a cart I could use to bring in my donations and they said, Oh, we bring out the cart and bring them in for you! What a super deal. I asked about the Wii games and she said they accept all of that stuff! too bad I didn't bring it up with me but my friend who works there said I could bring things to church and she would take them up for me...I don't want to take advantage of that offer but I do want to give her the basket with all the games in it and get one more thing off my list!

have a great day!!!

Comment

Good Morning! It's a sunny & hot summer day. The heat is getting to me a bit. My husband asks why I have my nightgown on during the day & I told him it's because it's cooler.

I don't think I made it here yesterday. My feet hit the floor running. Got the eggs for deviled eggs cooking so that they'd still be warm & easier to peel once I got them to the church. Normally I already have them peeled, but that just didn't happen. Before I went to the church, I had to meet Josh. He was taking my baked goods to the farmers market to sell. Well he was a half an hour late. I could have taken the stuff there and been on my way if I had known he was going to run that far behind. I then headed to the church to prepare the food for City Rescue Mission. There ended up being 7 of us working. We started at 9am, and most were able to leave by 10am. The rest of us cleaned up and finished making the pineapple dream dessert salad. We were out of there by 10:30. The place was hopping. There were people coming into the fellowship hall as we were leaving getting the place ready for a baby shower, and upstairs there was going to be a wedding.

On the way home I stopped at Ambrose's to pick up fresh produce. They opened a couple days ago. Nothing like a fresh tomato sandwich. Came home & Cork called. They were getting out of work early. Had a bite to eat, then we headed out to hit up a few yard sales. Not a very successful day there. I did get Kathy 5 Rada knives for $.10 each. There was a big box of knives, and I can spot a Rada knife from a far. Came home & plopped into the recliner. I finally hit my brick wall. I was exhausted. My SIL came over to swim & I didn't even go down with her. I just continued napping. Before my SIL left, she came in & chatted. I then got my energy back. Got my kitchen all cleaned up & took a pic of it & sent it to my SIL. Her kitchen is always clean & I wanted to show her that the bomb mess did get cleaned up. LOL!

Friday was just absolutely crazy with baking orders. I FINALLY finished up at 930pm and just collapsed. I need an energy pill. I did have my car totally packed for Saturday morning's events.

This morning we just went to church, then headed into town to the flea market. Got a couple things. Spent $1.75...big spender! Later this afternoon Becca is coming down, and then we are all meeting at my brother Tom's. We are celebrating our Mom & brother Ray's birthday. Mom's is today & Ray's was a few days ago. We are going to the Villa. My SIL ordered a cake from Giant Eagle...YUM!

I'm going to call a friend of my SIL who loves to cook & bake. I'd like to see if she'd like to work for me a couple days a week. The other lady I hired just isn't going to cut it for me during pie season. She said she was a finisher at the last bakery, so she may come in handy during cookie season.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good afternoon.
          Another sizzling day. I don’t go out in these temps.
          Today they have brunch, 10a-3p. Haven’t seen Miss Sunshine for a few days. Another lady sat with me for breakfast, though. Told me all about NY’s power outage....I think she is thinking about terrorists at work. I doubt it. The Niagra Falls, where their power comes from may have a glitch....all that water may be feeling change what with glaciers breaking up, or decline in the amount of water flowing, which did start on a slow scale years ago. It’ll be interesting to find out.
          Also seems a lady fell on the dance floor the other night. The man fell too. (Seniors shouldn’t drink and dance....they did.)
          Apparently the lady wasn’t badly hurt; the man was.
          The lady I was with finished eating when I did, so we started to leave. Then who walks in but Miss Sunshine. Seems she had a fall and her knees are wrapped. She went and sat somewhere else. (But no, she wasn’t one of the dancers.). True to form, she fell into complaining about the food she hadn’t yet touched. I patted her arm and said I’d see her later.

I stopped to pick up yesterdays mail. Got a filing bill from my lawyer, a letter from a BFF, and two more financial papers.
          Seems like E’s passing, and my new future, is a new career in paperwork.
          Did I mention my house needs minor roof repair? That came as a surprise. It’s not a horrendous amount, thank goodness.
          probably just a coating required to strengthen the roofing tiles. My guess. Also to remove whatever dove/pigeon poop may be up there.

Life is different here. But I’m not unhappy here. I’ll need help reaching boxes to empty. They’re heavy. But I don’t want to make a career of them.

Still, there’s much to look forward to. When my one daughter finishes moving into her new home nearby. When middle daughter gets back from her trip with her boyfriend. When out-of-state daughters come again to visit. Even eldest daughter will be visiting soon (on invitation) ..... she’d best be on good behaviors with her friend’s presence, but I’m thinking of leaving my door ajar as well —— she lost my trust and respect at my old house prior to my leaving.
          I’m hoping the independent granddaughters will start coming by, too.

And so that’s life up to today. I’m finding time to miss E more. So I get busy. Sometimes, it seems like his presence is here, nearby. Silly me. I can’t share thoughts or events, get his opinion, or hold his hand.
          Thanks for letting me unload here.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, Jo, I know what you mean. Gary was always a great talker, educated and interested in current events and could also just sit and quietly read next to me.
            Sorry. Not about me. Sending you a hug and maybe a shield of some sort ( invisibility cloak) to
            Ward off Miss Sunshine! Maybe just some very cool sunglasses!

Thanks, Paula. The hug is very much appreciated.
          sunglasses I have in abundance. I was looking for invisible threads to make that cloak, but didn’t see any!

Miss Sunshine is a pest, but funny in her own aftermath , really. I just need to take her with a bit more humor....and make sure my door stays locked. One gal just says what she thinks to Sunshine, with no thought of hurting feelings. At least one person does. That’s not in me, but one day I may have to resort to such.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X