Saturday, July 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, July 13

Good morning Rounders! I went early to get my xray, 0700 hours, and she told me xray does not start until 8 am. It's all good becuz they didn't make me wait. How sweet is that? I thanked the tech profusely. She let me look at the films immediately and the bones are almost touching and that's why it hurts like H--- whenever I step down and put pressure on it. I will need to get the injections now for sure in order to avoid surgery. I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and go back to the PM doctor that is right beside my pcp. At least he can give the injections without an MRI being performed. I got a cd of the films too.

We went to Walmart to get dh some ankle weights. The PT gave him a bunch of strengthening exercises to do 4X a wk and he needs the weights to build muscle and get his gait back to normal.

I rested up yesterday and today I have already put on a load of laundry. We may go to our library later today. Not much happening here and it's hot, hot, hot.

Hi Aunt Maye.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...Nothing is planned for today. Did laundry yesterday and even ironed. I am going to sweep the kitchen floor and call it a day. I also need to stop getting up this early because the morning sun shines right into the kitchen and shows all the crap on the floor. We are very messy people! Funny how opening and closing the refrigerator door makes such a mess on the floor!

It is hot here too, Karlinann, but no rain at all for us. Predictions are for temps close to 100 for the end of next week with maybe some tropical storm Barry rain Tuesday. Grass boy cut yesterday so the yard looks nice. I know one lady dropped him because she didn't like how he cut her yard. So I am sure the guy she hired is twice as expensive and I see no difference in her yard. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess. He cuts, weed eats and blows the sidewalks clean...worth the money to me to have it done weekly.

I have nothing to say and nothing planned so will go see what the news has to tell me about things I really don't want to know about. Having lunch out Karlinann? Any trip out is a reason for lunch! Have a great day...

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Not having lunch out, but I see a pizza in our very near future.

Here they call the guys who come and cut your grass the "Cut, blow, & go Guys." LOL! I do it myself until I can no longer handle it.

Good morning!! Yesterday was just plain wonderful!!! Us girls went to Soulard market. There wasn’t much to it. Still fun!! Then we found a little cafe coffee shop and had lunch it was so nice! So fun!

Came home and just chillled the rest of the day!

Today we are being lazy. I talked to my mom a bit ago...There isn’t a plan for today yet. I might be making supper. Tacos or meat loaf.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry to hear there isn't much left of Soulard but guess it isn't a surprise...been a lot of years since I was last there. Guess there isn't much need for a huge open air market. Glad you had a nice day.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Meat Loaf please! With mashed potatoes and green beans. And those soft yeast rolls. And some iced tea to wash it all down with. Yum!

Good morning, everyone.
    The sunny, sizzling weather is holding up. No imminent signs of rain, though the humidity is up.

Today I will be doing laundry. Haven’t decided yet whether to go back with the second load, or do that tomorrow. Stupid walk-in shower, kind of overran the shower and I ended up using a stack of towels to mop up the entire floor. The fault comes from having a chair in the shower, but I need it there. will have to be more careful next time.

Got my haircut yesterday. I showed her a picture of the basic style I like, and a picture of me with the successfully done style. Hey! She got it right the first time! Yay! I was so overdue for this cut, that she had to trim a lot off. It feels so good!

Not much else going on. Yesterday was like a mausoleum, so quiet. Miss Sunshine thought she snuck off, but I heard her leave, giggling with a couple of friends. I laughed. I got a magazine in the mail I didn’t order, a Country Woman, so I gave it to some sad looking lady in the lobby. I wish you could have seen her smile. I skipped the dining room all day....not one thing worth ordering. 3 unappetizing dinner choices or standard lunch fare (hot dog, hamburger, or grilled cheese). I don’t consider the grilled cheese healthy because the bread is sliced thick, and they really lay on the cheese. So I got a healthier chicken pot pie out of my freezer for dinner. One thing I noticed in the dining room, most of the seniors really like their wine. (The limit is 2 glasses, and Miss Sunshine told us the other day that they DO keep track of the wine drinks. She was sitting there over 3 hours hoping to get a 3rd glass of wine.).

Well.....off to begin my day.
    Hope you have a super-duper day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
    X