Friday, July 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 12

Good morning Rounders! Yes, we got rain yesterday in the afternoon. I ending up mowing half of the lawn again. It grows fast with these daily showers.

My pcp wants another xray of my knee to compare to last years. I'm going early cuz they open at 7 am. DH is finished with PT. Yea!

We got a good report from the termite guy.

I'm not feeling chatty this morning. I'll be back later to read your posts. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

This morning the "family" is taking a 3 day vacation. We are going to Williamstown, Kentucky to see the ark. We had sorta made plans last year, but never got the plan together. I am anxious to see it as others who have been there say it is really nice. It is supposedly an exact replica of Noah's Ark. Never heard if the animals are on the Ark or just close to it.

My pick-up time is 10:15, so still have a little time to kill. My nephew thinks it will be 1 p. when we get to his house instead of 11A. We are staying in Cincinnati, Ohio. I guess there is a lot to see there as well.

Everyone have a good day.

The massive Noah's Ark attraction may bring business to the small Kentucky town, but their employee regulations are starting to raise eyebrows.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-12-2019, 06:33 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning...headed into saint Louis for a girls day out with my mom sis and two nieces.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The rain yesterday cooled things down a bit. Pgh got hammered apparently and caused lots of flooding & damage.

Yesterday was super productive. You know I love productive days. Sue was here first thing in the morning and we kicked butt. She's worth every penny. Even when I was getting the next thing organize and ready to go, she was washing dishes. I am so blessed to have her. Believe me, I tell her that all the time too. As soon as she left, Blaise & I headed to Aldi's to buy another package of strawberries to replace the box he totally ate the night before. GRRR!!!!

Came home & made the strawberry pie. Continued baking off Choc Chip cookie blobs Sue made. Needed 12 doz and ended up with 15 doz. Had to take Blaise down to Kathy's for the weekend. He was not happy about going & when we got there, he was in a foul mood and so was Kathy & I. She threatened to just bring him back here if he didn't straighten up. I was in tears, pulled over, and offered to take him back. There was a good reason Kathy was in a foul mood....just had to deal with Amber...Xander's mom. Anyways, I went to the drug store on the way home and picked up 6 Rx, one of which was my anti-depressant, which I hadn't taken in several days. Immediately took one when I got home. I don't know if it actually kicked in or it was my imagination, but I felt calmer in a few hours. No more tears. Kathy called later and we had a nice talk. Blaise was busy washing clothes & helping fold them. Good for her!

I spent the evening baking off the rest of the choc chip blobs, and baked off the 8 doz snickerdoodle blobs. Before heading to bed I decided to bake 2 baked lemon pies & 2 oatmeal pies. Get a head start on today's baking for the farmers market. A good day all in all.

I've got 5 pies in the oven now, and next will be the 3 apple pies. I already had the berry fillings made up, so it was no big deal. Next is peeling all those stinking apples. They sell though. Once everything is cooled & packaged, I'll be getting a hold of Josh to see if we are meeting somewhere or he's coming here. He's a nice young man....does that make me sound old, or what? Not sure what the rest of my day will bring. I know I have to load up my car this evening for tomorrow morning's cooking at the church for the homeless shelter. I try so hard to be completely organized, but always forget something. I even take my own tools because their knives aren't sharp.

Yesterday I made reservations for dinner at The Villa for Mom's birthday on Sunday. The Villa is where Aunt J & Uncle D love to go. We haven't been there in 3 years. We went there when Micah graduated college. Mom wanted to go there, but was afraid we wouldn't be able to get a big enough table that time of day. Problem solved. I said the worst they could say was no, so I called & ask. They said yes, and put us down for a big table.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG...Cookie, slow down. I get dizzy just reading about your life. Take care of yourself..

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          The One Who Bakes does it again!

Good morning.
        Looks like temps will be at 111° for a few days. To be expected at this time of year.

I noticed I’ll be short of one med til I see the new doctor. Thought I’d try half doses to get me through.
        I’m having erratic heartbeats this morning, so that wasn’t a good idea. I hope I can call and get her to refill my prescription.

Meanwhile, I’ll sit and relax as best I can. It will be a couple of hours til offices open.

hope your day goes well. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...sunny and noisy bright and early. They are grating the street down since it to high in the middle and causing runoff problems in some areas. We are not affected but our neighbor has had rain run down her driveway into the garage during some of the worst storms. The heavy machinery moving in woke me and I see some neighbor is parked in the street...oops. I would hate to see then cancel this because someone did not read the sign. But there is always one right? Makes you wonder how some people get through life without reading the signs...that are on big orange things on each side of the road as you come up the hill.

Dinner with the kids went fine. Everyone was happy and gabby. SIerra's hair is adorable! Cut to her shoulders and all that dark is hidden and streaked in blonde. She had been growing out her bags for the last 6 months and they are blended in. She looked like a different person! I should send the hairdresser flowers! Anyway she looks so much better and knows it. Andrew came in all happy and dirty. Then we get to make fun of him being so dirty..he brought clean clothes but refused to change so we made him sit on the living room floor. He made a big show of getting the dust buster to clean where he sat! What a hoot that kid is. But we did let him sit at the table and all those kids ate like piglets. Sierra brought her bf and he came in and drained the spaghetti and helped Sierra fill glasses. Guess he is trying but I have such a hard time with him. Ruler had Totinos pizzas on sale and I had picked them up some so they left early to go get more and bread and milk and cereal. He was paid yesterday. She paid her dad for her car insurance. I am paying it but we are leaving her think her dad is because her dad says I am a soft touch and she must pay it herself even though it is a lot of money every month. But everyone was in a good mood and ate plenty and they took home leftovers. No one ate dessert so I have ice cream and an gle food cake and a big bowl of strawberries...Yum.

Thanks Jostoy...we have river rock around the hostas so maybe will just do the flowers in it too. Hate that mulch now. The rain has made a circle around here and we are the hole in the middle...a big dry hole! Jon waters every night even in the dark some nights. I hear the machinery running so guess the car was moved. Hope it does not take long because I cannot get out. I have exactly no place to go and no plans to get anywhere but tell me I can;t leave and I want to so bad!! Guess I will stay home and do laundry. And eat those strawberries over ice cream. Breakfast anyone??

Have a good trip Jostoy. Cookie, poor Blaise...VBS...you are a tough grandma. He will like seeing the other kids. Karlinann, good morning...this sure has been an ordeal for your husband. Glad the PT is over. Have a great day all!

Comment

Oh, what a beautiful morning! No daycare and I am here a bit later but no problem! I have a medical appointment at 8:40 and it is almost 8:00 but I have dressed and eaten and all I need is a little eyeliner, so I am good. And at the doctor's office who cares if you don't have n makeup? that is what sunglasses are for, right?

Speaking of sunglasses I am returning the ones I got last month at Eye Glass Express; they put in prescription lenses when I just wanted them plain. I tried for awhile but I do not like them; I am just not able to use them. So, I don't care what they charge me (but will not tell them that) and will have them change them out for what I wanted in the first place. It was a misunderstanding on their part and mine that I did not say it more clearly, I guess, but I just want big dark sunglasses (can we say Jackie O?) And I am picking up Becky's contacts for her,so I will be going to the office.

It is take things to donate day! I told Becky what I am donating form this office and she said, Whatever you donate s ok with me! good to know, because a few of the things are clothes she gave me that are now too big and also just not my color. I have decided that however elegant beige looks on others it just drains me. Navy blue is my neutral of choice.

I am in awe of all the yardwork, baking and ironing and cleaning all of you do! and packing and unpacking!
            today I will be playing Let it go! on my Pandora and keeping the thought close as I look over things. things which are gathering dust, haven't been used or worn and are simple taking up space (case in point: three different Rosetta stone language sets on the shelf above my head!)

We have an Open HOuse for a friend's daughter who has returned form a mission for our church and for the first time ever no one asked me to bake anything! What a relief! I would have, but sometimes it is just nice to go to something without bringing anything. I will be sure and compliment what ever refreshments they serve.

My laundry is ready to change and I still have time to take out some garbage and move a big can onto the patio for the Un-donations!
            (Just let it go, Paula)

What a blessing you all are in my life! Pace yourselves (you know who you are!) and take care and have fun. It sounds like you all have some good times planned.

Comment

Working...
            X