Wednesday, July 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, July 10

Good morning Rounders! Yep, we got more rain.

I have Aldi's shopping on my To Do list today and DH will need to go to our gym and walk on the Treadmill. He has been taking it easy for a couple of days and I had a very restful day yesterday. The most difficult thing I did was get the mail. Junk mail that is!

I made Salmon and Rice with Cilantro and a garden salad for our dinner. Thank you Beth for telling me about the Brats. I've been wanting to try them, but DH is not a fan so I never bought them. Yes, please let me know about the wraps. I'm going to get some of that Chicken Salad today too. Yum!

As of last evening I'm making my own salad dressings from now on. I'm tired of all the sodium laden ones and my ankles don't need any excuse to swell up. I made one of just vinegar and light olive oil for us last evening and it was good. Of course I doctored mine up with a hint of garlic powder and onion powder, but dh does not like garlic as much as I do.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! Going to be hot today and we have still had no rain! I just never thought I would miss rain this soon. I did hear there is a tropical depression forming that could come straight up and give us rain early next week. It would be nice if we did not have to wait that long.

Yesterday Sierra texted to say she was coming for supper Thursday night and that Dad was going to get Andrew. So I ask this Dad person if we were entertaining and what he had in mind for a menu. He thought I would want to make spaghetti and meatballs. He was wrong about thinking I wanted to make meatballs but since he promised his children I am making meatballs. That meant I had to run to the grocery last night for hamburger. I will make them up today and that gives me time to boil them in beef broth before dropping them in the sauce tomorrow. I ran into the market quickly and on the way out a guy was standing along the road with a sign saying 'I am hungry please help me'. I am a sucker for that but this guy really turned me off. He had on brand new camo shorts, a new tan shirt and a nice camo hat. But what really got me was he was hiding his face behind the sign and holding it with only his two middle fingers showing. I dunno...there is something about a guy begging in new clothes and shooting me a double finger that does not make me very charitable. If I am wrong I will feel guilty but ........

I bought enough hamburger to also freeze a meatloaf for later. I really should be stocking up on making those things in the summer anyway. I do have a feeling Andrew will not be coming after school next year. He will be 13 and can stay alone but he will also not get fed. It is his decision and we would love to have him every night or maybe some nights. He is growing up way to fast for me!!

I am up early because I went to bed early and slept 6 hours straight. But when I woke I knew there was no going back to sleep. I am still achy in my joints so laying there was out of the question. Better if I come out and sit in here! They are still running Christmas in July movies on Hallmark so I can find something to watch when the news gets to me. My son ran the vac last night in the kitchen after grating cheese so I need to put it up; then his flippies are by the door in a pile; and then there is the matter of his mail strewn all over the kitchen table. I am really getting tired of being his mommy and I think we will be having a discussion on his habits. He has two vacs laying around..upstairs and downstairs. We don't see that much of each other but I sure know he is around with the messes he leaves me.

So the plan today is to play in hamburger. But I can stay home inside to do that. Heard from the school chum that keeps me updated on home news and I actually knew something she didn't know! Scott has so many connections back home and he is always telling me news. Cyber news travels fast! Karlinann now we are going to ask you to send that rain up here! Funny the difference in weather a few weeks makes. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We actually got thru a day w/o rain. Perfect pool day.

Yesterday was a busy one. I made my list and worked on it slowly but surely. Baked 10 Oreo crusts for PB pies, but I forgot to set the timer on the last batch and burned 3 crusts. They may not have looked burnt, but they sure smelled it. I mixed up the filling and for the last 3 I just put it in a big mixing bowl & put it in the refrig. Then onto shaping 87 hamburger patties to grill for the Rescue Mission. Put them in the freezer for grilling today.

Blaise's friend arrived at 1pm, and I headed down to the pool with the boys. They had a good time, and I zested some of my lemons, and read my book. Cork called on his way home from work. Took him 3 tries to get close to our house. Btw road construction and THEN the 2 car accident in front of our house which had traffic tied up for a while. One of the cars ended up in our yard and was on fire. I wouldn't have known it was happening except Cork called me. I went out to see what happen. Nobody got hurt seriously, which was surprising. Blaise & I went out later in the evening to check out the mess, and a mess it was. There is glass & parts scattered in our yard and a big old burnt spot. Nobody, and I mean nobody has ever come back and cleaned up their mess. We are left with it. I ask the State Policeman what happen, and he ask me how long I've lived here. He told me I should know the drill. He was in a pissy mood. I ask when they were ever going to put up a stop light there, and he said the State says not until a certain amount of people get killed. Well as far as I know, nobody has got killed, but there sure are a lot of accidents. I think in the last 4 mos there have been 3 that I know of. Blaise & I then headed to the pool and swam until dark. Nice way to end a day.

This morning I got the charcoal grill going first thing & I'm almost done grilling all the hamburgers. Figured I'd do it before it got too hot out today. Suppose to get up to 90. Next on the list is rolling out pie dough. I know Mel is going to order something later this morning. Sue was suppose to come today, but that got moved until tomorrow.

Vanessa invited Blaise to come to place today for the two boys to play. I need to go to Aldi's...need more Oreos...so I'm going to meet her at their dentist and drop Blaise off so she doesn't have to come here. I invited my SIL and cousin to come swimming this afternoon. Who knows. I'll just keep plugging along. Not sure when Blaise will be home. No matter if anyone comes or not, I'm going swimming. The water feels so refreshing.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seem pieces of cars along the roads so guess no one cleans it up although I have seen the towing company sweep glass off the roads. The towing company bills the insurance so maybe you should bill for your cleanup. That insurance company would sure bill you for something if they could! LOL...not a fan of auto insurance right now.

Good morning..Today is the day I make lunch for friends. Chicken bacon ceasar wraps are on the menu with chips and peach dump cobbler.

The menu is set for my mom’s birthday supper. Spagetti and meatballs a big salad and either impossible coconut pie or strawberry banana blue berry trifold dessert.

My kitty goes to the vet today for her yearly visit. She needs her shots up dated and needs her back claws trimmed.

I have not decided if I am going to church tonifht

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Well seems spaghetti and meatballs seems to be on everyone's menu. That strawberry dessert sounds delish!

Good morning, everyone. ☀️
      Today is going to be another sunny day, and the temp will get to 112°.
      Nothing new going on today.

Tomorrow afternoon my last grandchild will be graduating from high school. I was invited, but cannot attend. The ceremony will be held outdoors during the hottest part of the day. I felt like heatstroke was setting in when I was out in 106° heat recently. So I’ll see her Mom Friday and pass on a card for her. My first great-grand son won’t graduate for 3 more years.

I’ve a few chores that need attention today. But first, a bite of breakfast. ☕️
      Hope you have an awesome day.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        That is what our heat index is suppose to reach this afternoon. That is darn hot and I agree 100% with staying in and soaking up the a/c!

I am tring to post and haven't read all the above posts, yet..
      My brother leaves this afternoon and will take a red eye home to Orlando. It has been a wonderful visit with him doing a lotof work for my mom and me. He did all her windows in the last two days and all the valances and curtains that could be washed. She has high half circle windows above her regular windows and you need a ladder and steady nerves to clean them!

I just booked my flights for next month when Igo to my roommate reunion. What a hassle! Delta does not have an easy site and then when it came time to use my gift card the site said it was already used! They asked me for it at the beginning and then at the payment time and somehow that made it look like a duplicate? Whatever...I am booked and I will deal with it later (or not). I don't kow why I have put off booking the flight so long; usually I have it a couple of months in advance and now it is only 1 month...

We are having a cooler summer and even our days coming up when the temps will rise are only right about 100*. I will sure take it!

We are making cupcakes today for a birthday boy. He asked if we could and I said yes...I am hoping at least one other older kid comes. the one girl runs her mom and not the other way around. I get so many texts saying, Abby is wanting to stay hometoday and we will see if she changes her mind...They have already paid, so that isnot the problem and it will make it much easier on both of us when I take the lead and tell her I have a full time child coming in August and Abby will be free to go to her preschool choice every day...the little girl seems to decide what she wants to do and the mom just goes with it. It makes it hard to plan our activites.

Ok, I will read in a bit, but I have to go open up the daycare and put a smile on my face...and get those trash cans back up to the back yard!
      Take care and keep cool!

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Another job completed. For the past month, I've been taking up mulch from the back of the house where I took up the rotted timbers. I did find mold under the landscape cloth, and that's why I don't like mulch. Since taking up the timbers, I haven't seen not 1 BIG ant. I will have to spray again, now that the mulch is up. I would only be able to get 2 33 gallon garbage bags in my garbage can, so that's why it has taken so long.

I won't be able to do in front of the front porch until this fall. I have hostas along that area. Will take up the hostas then remove the mulch and replant the hostas there.

It is really hot and humid here as well. The sweat was pouring off me while working. But I've had my shower and sitting in the A/C. Time to get in the recliner and rest a while.

Hope are or have enjoyed their day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X