Monday morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday morning!

Good morning..I sure hope karilann is ok! Anyone know how to check on her?

Yesterday was pretty good. I really enjoyed Bible study....Then I just watched tv.

Today groceries and I don’t know what else maybe reading book I down loaded yesterday

Good SUNNY Morning! At least I hope it's good....I'm worried...where is Karlinann?

OK, ready for a sunny day. It's been dreary for the last 3 days, but didn't get a ton of rain, just some here & there.

Yesterday was good. After church we went down to a 11...yes, ELEVEN...family garage sale. HA! More like 2. Found nothing. What a waste of time, miles, and gas. Oh well, nice time together, as Cork would say. Went on streets I've never been on before. Was puttering around & the neighbor lady stopped by to pick up egg cartons & ask if I had a spare PB pie to sell. Now all 4 that I made a couple days ago are all gone. Sat down to read & take a nap. That didn't last long. My SIL got home from her cousin's memorial service much earlier than expected & wondered if she could come swimming. SURE! She ask about cards, and we ended up ordering pizza & going to her place to play cards for the evening. Picked up my Aunt P to be our 4th. There ended up being no swimming since another storm was rolling in.

We got home here about 9pm. I took Ollie out for a tinkle before they headed home. The boy was full of vim & vigger. He was grabbing his leash & running in circles. Made me dizzy. Well he finally grabbed right up by my hands and I was so afraid I was going to let loose. I hollered for Becca. She came rescued me. I think she's figuring out she can't leave him with us for an great amount of time to baby sit him. I love him, but he's too strong for me. He may be only medium sized, but he's strong.

This morning I have to mix up pie dough & make 3 pies for orders. I didn't think I'd have anything to do today, but that all changes in a moment & a phone call. There is no karate this week. The instructors are off for their yearly certification training that they have to take to continue to have a school. I need to go to town to pick up a few groceries, so I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Maybe after delivering the pies.

Oops, the sun just disappeared. I really should go out and pick the blk raspberries. Maybe I'll do that after mixing up the pie dough & let it chill.

Karlinann...where are you?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      Karlinann, we miss you and hope you are okay.
      I am expecting expecting a package today, a spice rack the kids ordered for me. Middle DD will be here to hang it. I’m seeing a lot of my DDs lately. It’s nice.
      The temps are creeping upward. Should get 100° or a bit higher today.

So this week I’m going to check out doctors and get back into my medical routine. And, I’m almost out of my important prescriptions. They need to be delivered to me, though.

Yesterday I went to the Sunday buffet. I had a piece of honey cinnamon chicken. Yuck! All I could taste was the oil that covered it. The asparagus was not soft cooked, so I skipped it. They had run out of potatoes, but brought me some while I ate....also oily. It wasn’t baked because that would be softer, but fried to give it the color and crispness in a hurry....mostly they were burned so I didn’t eat them. Ugh! I recall when chefs started putting oil on foods to make them look appealing and thought it was stupid then. Tasting all that oil confirmed that. Oh, the Sunday meal was buffet style, from 10 a.m. to About 4:45 p.m. Less choices than weekday menus. I was there at about 2:30.
      Todays menu has 3 choices of entrees, and I don’t care for any of them. I like simpler foods. So the soup and salad will be good choices. The pudding sounds good, too.

So....another day to sort and maybe toss some belongings. I must have 20 sharpie permanent markers....who needs that many! Then figure out the places I need to keep them. I don’t have enough drawers for the miscellaneous things I use.

Hope you all have a good day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Yes! Karlinann, where are you and hope and pray all is ok.

We are supposed to get some cooler weather and so far, this has not been a typical summer. It was a little breezy when I was swimming and that will keep the temps down a bit, but the fire danger up. Very dry around here.

We had the best pork roast yesterday! Crown roast of pork and the seasoning was perfect. The spice packet came with the roast nad said to add some olive oil. My brother mixed it up and no oily covering on the meat, Jo, and fork tender! I will buy it again sometime. Becky did not like it; she was thinking more like pulled pork for dinner, but I am tired of that. Doug also made a watermelon salad from a restaurant in Redding and Becky made a peach dump cake (cake mix, peaches and butter melted over it and baked) and old fashioned green beans with bacon rounded out (literally on me) the dinner.

The nagging worry about Karlinann and her dh are at the back of my head and will be checking back to see when she checks in.
        Jo, I hope the food choices start working for you better. And happy the daughters are close by and of such help.
        Donna, the rian followed Spencer and his family to FL but just one downpour and then they were back in the sun for their day in the Animal Kingdom. So many happy pictures and so many food pictures to show us the happy places they are seeing.

Take care and keep posting, please.
        We have a scheduled power outage from 11:45 pm to 4:00 am tomorrow morning and I ma freezing water bottles to put in the regrigerator today.
        It may be a warmer night than ususal...

Comment

Morning! Sun is shining and no rain...who would have thought I would miss the rain? Already! Heat warning for mid week but our temps will not reach as high as yours run regularly Jo. Your story about flying from the mid west for interesting.

Yesterday was a perfectly wonderful day. Amazing how food disappears! We all had so much catching up to do and stories to tell..lots of laughs! My son brought a fruit salad with pina colada vinegar. Who would have thought that could be so delicious? I am not sure what other ingredients went into the dressing but I will find out! He always finds different stuff. My sister is turning this house into a barn yard. They have a turkey and baby guineas..dogs and my bil is making a pen for his goats. He has owned fainting goats for years but kept them on a friends farm. Now they are coming home...she has a huge garden. OMG! My sister has turned into the farmers wife! You should hear my little brother and her go on about their gardens. However, I will take the goodies they are picking home with me. Actually I envy them the energy to do all that.

Beth are you talking about Soulard Market? We would take the boys when they were younger just because it was such an interesting place. The open air markets...the sea food was their favorite looking at big whole fish. I loved the flower stalls. Many years ago and I would love to go back just for the experience. Have you been to the World Market? Another place I want to visit but I seem to only get to go to the Pro shops with these guys...Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc. Hope you have a great adventure!!

Well, Paula looks like those ladies did it! I did not see any of the game just the tv highlights but what an honor for them...a ticker tape parade! Wonder if they will go to the White House? lol!

Today I have to go out and pay for Sierra's hair. Need to get a tire checked while back home. It was low Friday and Jon aired it and said he did not find anything wrong so I will check its pressure today and if it is low take it to the dealer to check. Also need to go in the other direction and pay her car insurance this week. When I travel in those other directions I get a different variety of fast food. See I really am a glass half full type of person!

Sure seems strange to not see Karlinann here bright and early. Hope she is ok and just having computer problems. Getting late so I should start heading toward the shower and start my running. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

I'm here. Y'all are so sweet. Our computer, tv, and phone got knocked out by a T storm Saturday evening. I could not believe it. They don't work on the weekends so they just got it fixed about an hour ago. Rrrrhhrrhhhrrrhhh! This 55 plus community has their own cable service, but they don't work on weekends.

We were so bored yesterday and I had finished my book and didn't have another one to read. Boring! It makes you realize how dependent we have become on tv and internet. Golly gee! LOL! I knew y'all would worry about me.

I've already scrubbed the front door, done a load of laundry, Swiffered the floors, and scrubbed my garden tool holder and cleaned my tools and put them back. How's that for being bored stiff? LOL! Oh, and I cut the grass this morning, the whole yard.

DH has some scar tissue from the Sx and they did an Ultrasonic Tx on it and they are going to continue massaging it at PT. He has several more visits yet.

I'll have to get caught up later. Peace & Plenty.
            "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, my mind goes to disastrous scenarios. Glad it was only a techno problem.

Good to see you Karlinann...we missed your early morning greetings. Something we got used to seeing!

I am back from my running and spending money. Sure is exhausting writing checks! I drove through 3 counties today! Gas in now 2.89 with the new gas taxes. I have stripped my bed and will wash sheets and put them back on so I do not have to fold them. Have a load of nothing but beach towels from the weekend on top of regular towels. Someone threw a wet suit on top of my folded laundry by the dryer so will rewash those too. Aggravating!!! but obviously my fault for being so 'careless' with my laundry...ya know?

Jo, don;t know if you get used to bad cooking but maybe the weekend chef is not up to par. So happy you are seeing so much of your daughters. Hopefully life will settle in for you quickly. Cookie, you never have anything to do with your time do you? Aren't we always available for whatever our kids want and need..or so they think? No matter how old we are or that they get we are always at their disposal. Life is good!

Ok had my lunch and ready to get back to work...think I will take these street clothes off and get comfy to run around here. Can you guess which article of clothing goes first? I am truly a product of the 60s!

Comment

• cookielady
              cookielady commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh! Oh! Oh! I know, I know!!!!!!! The shoes? Now me, I'm a product of the 70's, and it's the bra for me. LOL! I found several cotton blend extra large night gowns, and I like to strip down & put those on. Nothing touching me except on the shoulders.

I got to lounge in the pool for about an hour with my SIL trying to solve our childrens' problems, or rather our problems with them. I laid it on the line with Blaise today. Told him I was too old to deal with this kind of crap again, so unless he wants to kill me, he's got to get with the program or go live with his mother. He calmed down for an hour or so, but that was short lived.

Had a therapy session chat with Aunt Janet this morning. Hope she comes here soon to visit.

Comment

Maxie, I don’t get used to bad cooking. If I don’t get choices I like, I may just get the veggies, a roll if it’s available, and a small dessert (they are all portioned out small). Then I go back to my room and fix something I find more satisfying, like an egg for its protein, maybe with a bit of cheese on it. I’ve already learned to ask the server “what’s in it?” before I order. I swear they ruined the macaroni salad with olives....and because every little macaroni tasted of olives they probably used the juice to thin down the dressing in it. I couldn’t eat any of it. Not everyone loves olives! Or horseradish. Or curry.
              These things cause me gastric problems, but my taste buds or the aroma usually give me warning signals. When they have simpler dishes, I will eat the whole meal. I may do what some man here did today, and specially order a cheeseburger or hot dog along with the veggies, apparently a staple they keep handy but don’t have on the menu.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

so happy to see the chatter!
                i go into disaster mode, too!
                Ticker tape NYC here they come! Pretty sure most negative people will now shut down and just wave our flag.
                My lunch was delicious! My brother made me a very close copy of Arby’s chicken pecan sandwich on homemade potato bread!
                the kids were asleep and I ate in silence!

Comment

• maxie
                  maxie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is what I had for lunch! Drove by the different fast food places and ended up going the long way around back for Arby's. I just love that stuff but wish they would teach Beth's class on wrapping...hate when it falls out the bottom and I have to use my fingers to get if off my chest. But they are one of the best places for a coke...some places are horrible!

Maxie if you bring it home and can re wrap it...remember side side middle side side middle. The real trip is to not over fill!!

Comment

Working...
                X