Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Sunday morning.

Good morning everyone.

Well I expected a heavy, wind-blowing storm last night. I got all the windows washed on the south and east yesterday. They are slides, so it was wash outside then come in and wash the insides. The north side has tilt windows. Will get the front room and the computer windows this week. Can't get the rest done until the yews are pulled out, which will be done the middle of this month.

Starting to be able to sit a little longer now as the work around here is winding down...not done but getting there. The old shed is to come down and hauled away the end of the month.

Today is Church day, and we are going back to the one we went to last Sunday. The Church has a new Minister starting today, so we want to hear him before we choose our Church.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 07-07-2019, 06:43 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning....good to see you Jostoy. You sure are a worker...all you people around here make me tired and very very lazy!!

Heading to my sister's in a few hours. Everyone of us will be there with the exception of one nephew but his kids have been there since Friday night. They are laying floor in their new house and hopefully we will see them when they pick up the kids. If not I see a house warming in our future. Finished my salads yesterday and did some laundry and ironed. The kids all came in around 8:00 sunburned but happy. Andrew and Logan never came into the house because Jon had called ahead to have them picked up and their ride was waiting. He said they were talking about what they were going to do next time. Thank goodness for season passes! And a dad who will put up with the heat for his kid. Evidently the adults had a good time too.

Not suppose to be as hot today but the humidity has been the killer. I have never been west of Kansas City so have no idea what 'dry' heat feels like. There is nothing dry in our heat for sure!!

I think Andrew is going with us today and Sierra and her bf are joining us and with Scott coming up 100% of my family will be there today. Haven't seen my little brother since Easter so looking forward to today. It is even extra special if I do not have to drive it!! One knee has been bothering me...not painful but swollen. Always something that doesn't work right just grateful it isn't painful but driving long distance is uncomfortable.

Enjoy your Sunday. Stay cool, take a swim, have a picnic. I get to spend it with family. Love it!!

Comment

Good morning.
      Yesterday was a good day, MIDDLE DD took me to next-DD’s for a BBQ. Lots of laughter, her whole family showed up and the house was pretty packed. The great-grand toddler was a hoot, she got to play with water balloons, tossing them at the men. Mostly she poked the balloons and she soaked her clothing......twice. She loves fruit, and helped herself all day long. Then came the M&Ms, helping herself from everyone ‘s share......she got to me, and I made her say “please” if she took one. She came back and offered me bites of her Cheetos.
      M-DD has a bit much wine to drink, got a headache, so we left early. Me, not sleeping much most nights, I was tired and ready for a nap. I slept almost 2 hrs when I got back. Talked to youngest DD for a while on the phone, watched some TV, then slept a bit over 7 hours last night. I needed it.

So as the weather climbs limbs back to the 100°’s, we are also having clouds. A nice break from the constant hot rays. I do not see rain in our forecasts though.

Sounds like a quiet Sunday here.
      Hope you all have a nice day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

This is the scene outside my door. Some people put family photos outside theirs, others reflect Bonnie’s. I have fairies and butterflies.
        Attached Files
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          Love it! Great idea to let others see this as they go by.

• jostoy
          jostoy commented
          Editing a comment
          I love butterflies. Very neat JoG

Good morning...karliann where are you??

I took a pan of brownies from the oven taking them to Bible Study.

I ordered a new book on my tablet. This afternoon I will read.

I have a pretty busy week ahead of me. I am getting coffee with one friend. Making lunch for more friends...teaching a wrap class one day...my parents will be here Wednesday night staying til Sat. On Friday mom my sis and I are going to Soulard market.

Comment

Good Morning! It's another dreary day here. The sun wasn't out much yesterday at all, and dumped rain several times, but ended by 6pm.

It was a busy several days, but today I can choose to do nothing. Yesterday we started out day out by going to several garage & estate sales. The first one we went to was the most exciting one. I ended up getting a "new" refrigerator for my porch. It looks brand new. She took very good car of it even though it was their spare one in the garage. Cork couldn't understand why I'd one to get another refrig when I have a working one there already. The current one's seals aren't great, and the shelves on the door aren't functional. For $75, I wasn't going to pass it up. Not sure what's going to happen with this old one. I said it's FREE if someone wants to haul it, but I may convince Cork to take it down to the garage. We'll see. The guy we bought it off of, he hauled it here for us. Think I'll make him a pie as a thank you.

Becca came just as I was getting ready to leave to go to a friend's son's wedding reception. Stayed there a half hour, then headed over to Karen's for the big annual party. Normally I help with the food, but I wasn't needed this year, so I just went around visiting. I even left w/o helping clean up. I was tired, and there was plenty of young people who could do that work. The fireworks were nice. Aunt J & Uncle D left long before those started. Uncle D was tired. Chatted with Mike & Pam who have been staying their for the past week. Pam wasn't happy with just sitting around visiting, but Mike was happy as a clam. He understands that every day is precious & living so far away, he values every minute with them. Pam not so much. When she comes, she considers it a vacation & wants to do things & go places. It really frustrates her.

Becca & Oliver stayed the night. Oliver just did not want to settle down for the night. I finally closed our bedroom door. He'd jump up on our bed & want to play and have attention. We were tired. Becca went to church with us. Her friend Krista invited her to her parent's place for brunch and to watch the women's world cup. The whole family are big soccer fans. I'm hoping it warms up enough for us to go swimming this afternoon and I plan to have Pizza Hut pizza for dinner. My Mom hasn't decided whether she wants to play cards tonight or not. Last night she wasn't in the mood, but may change her mind today. Since Becca has Oliver here, she can stay overnight again if she so chooses. Otherwise, she may have pizza & decide to head home afterwards. We'll see.

Kathy was to have Blaise Monday thru Thursday, but I guess that's not going to work. She's the one that picked that time. So who knows what's going to happen this week. She never ask me if I already had plans. I guess Wednesday she's going to a concert with a friend. I don't know why Matt can't watch him. She has Xander all the time. She didn't want to take him last night because today they were Xander free and didn't want Blaise either. One child free day. No big plans for me this coming week until Saturday morning....I think.

Karlinann….where are you?

Have a good one all! Good to see you Jostoy!!!!

Comment

World cup is a hot topic around here because Megan Rapinoe is from Redding and a lot of people are not at all happy with her comments and general lack of respect for the National Anthem...I guess it really is a "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right tosay it" issue. Anyway, I hope we win that cup!!!

We are eating at my mom's this afternoon. I have a pork roast that I sent over with my brother the other day and they are cooking it there. I am tired of hosting dinner. there. I said it. This is the last dinner we can all eat together because I have a hair appointment right after daycare tomorrow (the one last week got cancelled because my stylist/friend's daughter was in a Bad diving accident) and then on Tuesday Becky has an appoiuntment and that is when we are going out for my birthday and Wednesday Doug goes home...the two weeks ahs gone by lpretty fast with him doing a lot of work for bothof us. He is hoping to go up to Lassen Park tomorrow and hiking, but not totally sure. He is a runner and marathoner and has done Iron Man triatholon's!

Your family get togethers sound so great! I would love to have a big family group and get together with them. I seem to get with small groups at a time. Next Saturday will be a group from Gary's family for his aunt's funeral. Which I need to send flowers for (which I really regret Not sending them before she died.One of those thoughts I have and then put off just a bit and find it is then too late!)

I hope all is ok with Karlinann.
            Beth, I also hope you can post pics on Facebook or tell us here about your wrap class.
            Donna, I hope Matt and Kathy did not say any of the "day with no kids" stuff where Blaise could hear...
            Maxie, enjoy that big family and the food! I am all about that menu! No matter what is on it.
            Jostoy, I hopeyou have an enjoyable Sunday and the new minister speaks to your heart.
            JoGee, I love the idea of setting things outside the doors to give others a sense of who you are. Reminds me of the Disney cruise ship doors you decorate.

Have a good Sunday and take a moment for yourself.
            Maye, I hope you and david are enjoying the family visits. Precious time, as Donna said!

Comment

It has been very chaotic here. The heat is really getting to me and I’ve been under the weather. Today, I think, is the first day that it hasn’t rained in a while. Even getting a haircut today didn’t help the doldrums that much. I hope taking a shower will do a world of good!

Happy belated anniversary Janet and David! Friday was my brother and his wife’s 44th wedding anniversary. Boy, how time flies.

I hope everybody had a safe and a happy Fourth of July. It was very quiet here. There was maybe five minutes of fireworks about 9 PM.

I have been glued to the Hallmark movies and mysteries channel watching Christmas movies. I am addicted. (I guess there are worse addictions!) LOL

my vision has gotten really bad. So I’m not doing as much TV or social media. Maybe that’s a good thing.

I need to run and make myself some lunch, take my shower and get ready to go to Mass. I hope everybody has a wonderful Sunday.

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Maxie, we were traveling from the Midwest to AZ. We boarded a plane in Ohio where the temps were in the upper 80°’s, with high humidity. So many passengers complained it felt like 100° out there. When we landed in AZ where it was 100° but little to no humidity, those same passengers remarked on the relief they felt at the coolness of the fresh air (compared to what they just left.). That’s “dry heat”.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

About the fairy and butterfly display..... Thank you. When I was a little girl, I caught fireflies hoping one would be the real Tinkerbell. Then my mom read me a book about a tiny fairy named Poppy. I kept looking in flower beds hoping to find another “Poppy”. I saw pictures of butterflies with little fairy body. I got hooked.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                  X