Saturday, July 06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, July 06

Good morning Rounders! I've been up since before midnight. Of course I went to bed at 4:30. Yesterday we had cloudy all day and then T storms in the evening, but we only got a sprinkle. I was sure hoping for some rain. Maybe it rained during the night.

My back is apparently healing cuz I didn't wear an Icy Hot to bed and I'm walking better today. My dh and I laugh about who is more decrepit. LOL!

I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. Tonight I will make Salmon and the side dishes from Aldi's. Easy, breezy.

We bought some of those Georgia Peaches from Aldi's last Wednesday and they are so good and juicy.

I'm very pleased with the way the bank is looking. It has good bones and if I can get some Zinnia's to grow on it it will be spectacular! I don't know why, but I'm having trouble getting my seeds to sprout this year. The ones I have coming up at the mailbox are growing so slow. I don't know what to think. My California Poppies didn't come up out there at all. If these Zinnia's don't do something soon I'm removing everything from around that mailbox and starting over.

I finished that book by Louise Penny yesterday and it was so good. It was a slow start, but wow, was it a good book. Worth the read.

Hey Aunt Maye. Guess you're busy with your company.

Have a good day Rounders! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. It’s going to be a nice sunny day for DD’s BBQ, getting only to 97° today. Though I may have to stay inside most of the time. She is still in the process of moving back, and says her new house is just a 15 minute walk from here where I am.

Youngest DD and her hubby will be on the plane home early this morning. They have been such a big help to me in all ways. I still have some boxes to go through. I can do that at my leisure. I need to start contacting doctors.

Not much more to add to add to this post.
    Hope you have a wonderful Saturday! ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning...it is a cloudy morning with summer haze but the rain is missing us and that is not good. The thunderstorms seem to have a path and we are not in it! And I am thinking someone did not water last night since the hose is in the same position...running across the patio.

Today Jon is taking the kids to Six Flags and meeting up with other cousins. Depends on the heat if they stay through to the fireworks tonight. I will be home in the cool house. Andrew is taking his cousin Logan so will have a riding mate for all the rides adults are smart enough to stay off of! It will be hot and crowded in that park today! But they have done it before and will do it again this summer.

Things are really into the summer lull around here. I haven't even opened my book this week. Seems all I get done are laundry and dishes. Seems all we do is make laundry and dirty dishes. I will make up my slaw for tomorrow and I should bake something to bring. Doesn't a pineapple upside down cake sound great! To bad I do not have any of the ingredients and by the time I shower, run to the store then home to bake it will be to hot...and I will be to tired!

I saw the produce stand had Calhoun County peaches. Our peaches mostly come for the area just north if us and when Calhoun peaches are in we drive up there. You can pick your own or buy peach wine and anything peach for a couple of weeks....then we all sit around and wait for apple season! Georgia peaches have been here for a while but we locals flock to Calhoun County! Especially with the Springs we have had around here where blooming fruit is really in the hands of Mother Nature and the weather guy says 'this will affect the peach crop'. LOL! There is something about picking your own fruit.

Glad your back is feeling better Karlinanne. Have wonderful Saturday and do everything you want too.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Maxie. We did get rain last night after all. I went out and pulled some more weeds this morning. Yeah, that Pineapple Upside Down Cake is making me drool. Gosh! I used to make it.

Good morning.

karliann I have been meaning to tell you that if you have not tried the regular chicken salad from Aldi you really need to!! It has been a staple at my house the last few weeks!

Yesterday was a quiet day. Same plan for today.

I might try to find a book to read.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Beth. I was checking it out and a lady told me it was so very good, but I still did not get it. I will now. It will be a welcome change.

I was missing due to a little trip to Sacramento for family. Becky and I shared driving down there and my brother drove us home. Super nice day!

spencer and his family have landed in Orlando and will be having their first trip to Disney Workd. Hal’s Birthday is Tuesday and it will be great being there for it.

I just got got home from grocery shopping.

Driving down to Sac this morning I decided I will leave earlier than I need to for the funeral next Saturday. Really easy traffic!

Those earthquakes in So Cal! I bet everyone is getting their emergency bags out! I sure am thinking of getting my bags better shape. Last year’s fires showed me how unprepared I am for having all the important papers ready as well as dog crates.

I just finished the last book in a series by Wendy Wax about a group of women. Just light with enough drama to make a great Hallmark/ soap! It is too hot for anything that raises my blood pressure!

so great to read your posts!

Comment

Working...
      X