Friday, July 05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, July 05

I guess I pulled a muscle in my back cuz it hurts something fierce. I have a patch on it.

Good morning Rounders. I think I did this while bending over. Getting old.

I'm in pain so this is short and sweet. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...rest today Karlinann. Going to be a good day to stay in and do nothing..just sorry you have to be in pain.

I need to run out for ingredients to make slaw tomorrow. My sister is gathering the family on Sunday and I am looking forward to it, especially if I don't have to drive! Yesterday was a quiet day...no one had picnics around us and they all stayed home and slept in....which is what made them wide awake and making incredible noise after dark. They all shot their fireworks at the same time and it was over quickly. No howling dogs so everyone protect their pets...I was still able to go to sleep early. We did get a small afternoon shower which was more noise than rain. Some people are getting downpours and we have not been that lucky although the storms around us do cool the air.

Been a quiet and hot Fourth but that is what summer should be like.

Hope you al have the day off and are enjoying your long weekend...

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! We had showers off & on starting around 6pm, which cut the swimming short since there was thunder with it.

Yesterday was good. Went into town first thing. Came home and spent the rest of the time in the kitchen. Tried 2 new dishes for me...homemade mac & cheese (I've ALWAYS used the boxed stuff) and Pineapple Fluff Dream (I remember eating it long ago & the pic looked so good). We had lots of good food. I had Matt make his fried cabbage & noodles...very yummy The bacon in it was great!)

There were 14 of us. Most of the gang really enjoyed the pool. I never did get down to swim. I was still busy in the kitchen getting the food ready to serve and grilling what needed grilled. Eventually my brother Ray took over the grilling. Everyone left by 730pm. They were slipping into food comas and it being dark & dreary didn't help. Of course at 8pm the sun came back out for a bit. I was tired too, and took a nap before heading back out into the kitchen to bake pies for this morning's pick up.

This morning I got up and got all the goodies packaged up and ready for pick up by Josh. After he comes, we are going to hit up a few garage sales. It's nice having Cork home today. Not sure what else will happen today. I'm definitely going to go swimming. Don't think I have to bake anything, but that could change in a minute. If anyone orders any pies, I'll have to make up more pie dough since I've used it all up.

Have a good one all & rest.

Maxie...my cousin Karen is having a big ole party tomorrow with fireworks & all. It'll be a combo grad & 4th party. I need to make a bunch of deviled eggs.

Comment

Good morning!

Things are falling in place here. I decided to not say it’s a small place......cozy is a better word.
        Yesterday a large group of residents gathered in the main room and sang patriotic songs. Had a nice leisurely lunch, as the dining room closed at 3p.m. A holiday ritual. So I had toast for dinner, mostly for taking my pills with than hunger. I seem to require just 2 meals a day. In the evening there were fireworks outside. Most weren’t high enough to go over the trees.
        What did weren’t that spectacular. So I watched TV a bit. Read a bit.

The kids will be finishing up here today. I can’t imagine what they plan to do. I still have things to unpack and decide what to do with. I have files to fill with stuff ———how long do we keep papers for taxes now? Someone said 3 yrs, someone said 5 yrs. I’d like to shred a couple years worth. That would save room.

I guess ill I’ll take my shower now. Then have some breakfast.
        Have a good day, everyone! ☀️

Karlinann, it’s probably a good day to cozy up with a good book. You won’t be so tempted to get up and do things that aggravate the pain.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

We had a good 4th, too. The neighborhood fireworks were loud and one little dog was trying to find a place to hide which kept me up a lot with her, but we all finally got to sleep. I did not get up to swim this morning, but I was swimming so much yesterday that it doesn't really matter. Our barbecue was pretty good and we never even cut the watermelon and we still have corn on the cob left for today. dinner will be air fryer fish fillets and the corn and watermelon. My brother had bought three kinds of chips and mixed up a great dip with salsa, avocado and grated cheese yesterday so we were not as hungry by the time the food was grilled as we thought we would be. the apple pie was so good (for a Schwan's bought pie, not like Donna's but, you know...)and I had the best vanilla ice cream. WEst coast Tillamook Old fashioned Vanilla is just so creamy.

Gary's aunt passed away this last week and the family asked me to say a prayer at the celebration of life on the 12th. I had said to Becky Of course, I am going...then realized I have never driven to Rocklin where the service will be. I looked at Google maps and a real map (old paper type) and thank Heaven saw I can drive a different way from the main Interstate that has the Worst 3 lane merge through Sacramento...I have tried and have realized it is not in my DNA to drive in that area. so I will make this other way work and keep in mind I do not have to drive Hwy 50 and the downtown Sacramento traffic. Becky just has a lot going on that week at work and needs the weekend for some other things.

We have a birthday to celebrate in daycare today. I bought little cupcakes yesterday that have the red, white and blue sprinkles on them since Trace was born on the 4th. some moms send cupcakes, but this one has the two boys (2 and 6mos) and I just told her I would do the treats. She also lives and works about 20 minutes away from me, but wanted me to do her daycare so I just try and make what I can easyier for her. They live and she works about 16 miles away.

I am not too sure what I am really doing today...winding down from all the kids did yesterday and seeing who is tired out from the fireworks, etc. My pool is refreshingly cool and the two who swim will be in it and I have other water play for the two year olds, but nothing major. It is called Getting through the end of the week! Next week I have Friday off and my plan is to use it to clear up and out! I also am going to the DMV to get my Real ID and passport application. The things that can not be done on the time schedule I now have.

I hope you all are able to have a good day.
          Karlinann, just rest your back. We all know how painful that can be.
          Donna, Oh, I have done that same thing!
          Sassygirl, so good to hear form you. HOpe our kitties were ok during the fireworks.
          Maxie, the get togethers with your family always sound fun!
          Take care and keep posting!

Comment

Good morning! Yesterday was great! I spent about hours floating in my sisters pool. No sun burn!! We watched a movie while it rained and ate a lot of food! My stomach still hurts this morning! I don’t have a ton planned for today.

Comment

Hey, I'm back. I didn't let the back pain stop me. I went out and put the yard waste at the curb, but they didn't come today. I pulled weeds, weeds, weeds, everywhere.

I guess it rained more last night thank goodness. We sure needed some. I moved a Sago Palm to a different spot and moved some Purple Hearts and Ferns to the front yard around the base of the Elm Tree. It's the one I put the pavers around. It looks great.

Yes, my back hurts, but I can't just sit inside all day. I'd rather be outside gardening than to be stuck up in this house. I have plenty of Icy Hot patches and I'll use them until it heals.

We went to our library today to return the 2 hardback books I got 2 wks ago. Never read a word of them. They don't have any puzzles that I like and I've read most of the books so I don't think I'll be borrowing anymore books or even going there. What's the point.

Peace & Plenty.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
              X