Wednesday, July 03

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, July 03

Good morning Rounders! We had the thunder and lightening, but not a drop of rain. Maybe today.

I mowed almost the entire yard, plus I moved the pavers that were on the 2nd layer away from the 2 Fountain Grasses in the front yard and put those around the Elm tree. It looks really good, but I way overdid. I think I got heat exhaustion. I had to come in and take a cool shower and medicate myself. I will not do that again, because I don't want to go to the ER and have to lay on a gurney out in the hall all night. That's what they do here. The ER's are so overcrowded. No thanks! I was a Patient Sitter in the ER's at 3 different hospitals. It was a zoo, but I always tried to get assigned to the ER because you had doctors and nurses all around you if you needed help. That was a bonus!

We have trash pick-up today and I will take it to the curb at daylight. Today is also Aldi's shopping day.

I started the new jigsaw puzzle and it's difficult, but I'll get it done. I was wrong about the name. It's called A Night in December!

That is about it for me. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It was a sunny hot humid day & a storm rolled thru around 10pm. More the same today I think. SUMMER! Thank God for a/c too.

Yesterday was busy...for me. Blaise has always told me he can control how much computer/electronics he'd play if left to his own devices. I didn't NEED to set a time or tell him repeatedly to get off. So yesterday I did an experiment. He got on around 8am, never said a word to me, and didn't get off at all until Cork came home at 5pm and kicked him off. I was going to let him on there the entire day to prove a point, but 9 hrs was enough. He got a major grumbling from me. Didn't phase him at all that he was on so long. He was super sassy for an hour or so as he was "coming down".

Now me, I was busy most of the day. I did take little reading breaks. I was back to baking. Baked a bumble berry pie and made a lemon meringue pie. That's all I baked. I rolled out the remaining pie dough. Sorted thru the refrigerator and cleaned out old stuff & combine bottles. My husband had 3 bottles of the same salad dressing going. Straightened ours & Blaise's rooms. Found missing clothing items under his bed. I've put a laundry basket in there before & it did no good. I know from experience that he'll grow up someday and be much neater. Both of my girls were this way. Drove me nuts then & still drives me nuts.

After dinner Blaise & I went down to swim. The water was perfect. After we got out, I ran a couple errands. Kathy at karate wanted a couple pie crusts, so we bartered & I took her some rolled & ready to go. I then stopped at the local pool to pick up 4 fair tickets I won from the blood drive drawing from last week. The kids of the chairwoman were at swim team practice & only a mile down the road from me. Good meeting place. Came home and Blaise & I went out to see how many black raspberries were out there to pick. He's definitely grown up a lot since he got attacked 3 yrs ago doing the same thing. He definitely didn't round the corner into the neighbor's yard.

This morning I'll be rolling out & baking sugar cookies. I mixed up the icing yesterday, so I hope to get them iced too. It just hit be last night that my Mom had asked me to make raisin filled cookies this week, so I need to get that dough mixed up first so it can chill a while. I hope to get those baked too. We'll see. I have to get things ready for tomorrow's "party" that's going to be here. Blaise is going down to Kathy's tonight to watch the fireworks at a near by town. He'll be staying the night & they'll bring him back when they come for the 4th gathering here. At least that's the plan. I offered Kathy the fair tickets. She's to let me know if they'll use them. Xander is free to get in, so they could invite someone else to go with them too.

KA...would you slow down please? It's too hot to be toting pavers AND mowing all in the same day.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I'll be good.

Morning...up early so I can leave before 9 for a haircut. I have a morning ritual and will get up earlier to accommodate it. Received a text yesterday that today is school chums lunch day. To short of notice for me. I probably could have worked it in but I also have errands this afternoon. We need groceries too, Karlinann. I went to make a sandwich last night and the bread is hard, no cheese, no chips and no coke! I had to cut the crust off of a peanut butter sandwich and drink milk. It wasn't bad but that isn't the point....I hate being the grocery shopper and then not having food when I am hungry...ya know? Jon texted to say he took off today so I will have a grocery hauler. He is working tomorrow so I will stay in and celebrate the Fourth curled up nice and cool with a good book and my tv....and food!

Ok just lost half this post...I swear there is a gremlin in this computer. But that is ok because I was telling you what a slob my son is. The kitchen table should be a temporary drop spot on your way to putting things away. I want the table clear. Right now there are wrenches on it. Why? to hold his mail down I guess. Put things away and do not leave them for someone else to put away. I am the someone else and do not appreciate it!

Hot yesterday and again today. We have missed the pop up showers every afternoon so water every evening. A shower would be nice to cool things off late afternoon. Karlinann do take it easy out there. Thought you were going to do a every other day outside work thing? I may run through Aldi's and look at their produce. Want to go to Big Lots and it is across the street so not out of the way. Will do my primary shopping at Ruler and avoid walmart at all costs! Probably be a zoo out there today no matter where you go.

Have a great day everyone. Stay cool. Saw a Japanese Beetle yesterday so they are back!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll start the EOD thing again. I just want things to get done.

Good morning and hope your day is going well.
    JoGee, last night when you posted I was asleep, but awake at 2:00 for an hour or so...Of course, I was well asleep when I heard Beckyin the shower and knew my swimming time was gone. Good thing I was in the pool twice yesterday!

I put out the trash last night because our trucks come by at the crack of dawn and no way could I get up and dressed to get themout in the morning. Then I found out (looked at the schedule After taking themout) that this is not yard waste week pick up, but recycle. So I will bring the very full yard waste bin back in and wait for next Tuesday to put it out....

Wow! About those constant complaints! Something to take note of. I always think of my glass as half Full and my basket full and enough to share. Gets me through so not too many complaints and you can all tell me check my attitude if you see it getting negative.
    Which I know I can.

Oh, my gosh! Buying pie crusts form you, Donna?! that is one of the things I want to learn (even at this late time in life) is to make a good pie crust. that is what keeps me from making pies...I make cobblers and no bake pies but my favorite pies are fruit pies and double crusts.
    Donna's crusts are equally good to the filling!

Oh, and Love her raisin cookies!

Ok, enough food talk. Actually that is a statement I can't even begin to comprehend. I am always asking What did you eat? when someone goes somewhere new and exciting.

ONe 2 year old will be gone the rest of the week. And I will be closed for the 4th, but back open on the 5th. I am taking off the next Friday for a 3 day weekend for my birthday (birthday is actually on a week day and I would rather have a 3 day weekend). I have a medical appointment scheduled and then I am taking things I have beenbagging up to GoodWill in Redding. OUr Salvation Army is not accepting clothes now and I don't want to wait for the big truck (Neuropathy of America.org) to get thngs out of my closet and drawers and find more space. ON Saturday Becky said she will help me rearrange my room and I am looking forward to having a day to do what I want with no other distractions. Not even a pedicure! Or shopping...just the time I need without interruptions to get somethings done in my room.

Ok, I hope you all are taking it easy inyour busy schedules. Karlinann and Jo and Donna and probably Jostoy, and all who tend to get lost in our duties: just take a moment to breathe in our Freedom and hum some patriotic tunes. Surprising how music can calm and restore us.
    aunt Maye, I know you know this! I found a song I liked a long time ago on YOuTube with young school kids singing it: What's More American? So cute. The answer to all their questions of What's moe American? Is Iam! I am! Iam!

Take care and stay well!

Comment

So glad DH was with me at Aldi's today. I had no energy and had trouble walking with these bad knees. It must be the barometric pressure cuz they both hurt.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I was sure I posted earlier before I fell back to sleep. Today I am going to church tonight we are celebrating 4th of July tonight. I just got a text there will 6000 explosions!!!! I am excited!

I am going to my sisters tomorrow to swim and hang out. They have a brand new pool.

Mom ordered my new no slip shoes for the coming work year. It’s hard to think work will be here soon! Summer has gone fast but I am glad to be going to work soon. We gotcshoes now so I can break them in.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          What kind? I am always looking for a better shoe for daycare.

Well, I’ve got my new Wi-Fi up and running today. They had to give me a new gizmo for it. DD called to tell them they sold us a faulty one. It took him an hour to figure that out, plus another half hour to download the information into the new gizmo.

Other than that, it was a busy day. Middle DD came over after work to help some more. I talked her into dinner instead. 3 entrees and nothing sounded good. So we just ordered veggie sides. There we met my next door neighbor who joined us. Complaining as usual. It was a downer for DD, until I explained what her sister told me yesterday.....early onset Alzheimer’s, and the purpose of that symptom. That took the edge off the situation —- my girls are pretty good hearted, and this one said some pretty funny things that even my neighbor laughed at.
        I managed to send DD home with 3 boxes of stuff, and there’s another bin she will drop off at her sister’s tomorrow.

People here dress up a lot. I do a little, but it doesn’t bother me to wear tee shirts that have funny sayings. Other than that, I’m told I dress in clothes that “go anywhere”. I just like being comfortable.

Tomorrow’s last meal is 3 p.m. Even chefs get time off for holidays. At least they give advanced warning.

So that’s my day today. People are still approaching me to introduce themselves, and talk with me a bit. Very friendly. I need to see them a few times before their names stick. I just make a point of smiling and saying Hi to everyone, in the meantime.

Time for my pills, and bedtime. Tomorrow someone should be coming to set the hot water on the water tank. I don’t like washing in cold or cool water. Barely tepid.

g’night....
        Last edited by JoGee; 07-03-2019, 10:46 PM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X