Tuesday, July 02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, July 02

GGood morning Rounders! Well, it rained all over the place yesterday and even had flood watches in the downtown section, but we did not get one drop. Boo, hoo! Sigh!

Yesterday morning DH came out to tell me he was going to gym to work out and I told him he had an appt. with PT. He said he didn't and it was tomorrow. I said ok and went back to work. He comes out and says yes he does have an appt. He thanked me numerous times.

His ears are blocked and he can't hear so he turns up the tv loud and I want to leave the house. Aunt Maye I know just what you go through now. Isn't there someplace he can go to get those ears unblocked. We have been using the stuff you put in them, but it's only scratching the surface. Help! I know there is some way they can heat the inner ear and remove the wax, but I don't know who does it.

I was totally exhausted all day yesterday, but I did stay up until 8 pm, which is great if you got up before midnight. Anyway, I got 7 plus hours of sleep and I'm ok. I was hoping for rain and needed to get that bank shored up.

Today I will mow the yard, or at least parts of it. All the grass does not grow at the same rate. The backyard is the tallest. It's time to use the weedeater again too. I cannot do both jobs at the same time though. Another day.

We finished the big puzzle and it was such fun. The next one is a Christmas scene called Silent Night and it's only 750 pieces. Piece of cake.

Cookielady, I thought of a new nickname for you. The One Who Bakes.

JoGee, that was a fast move. You've got the best helpers.

Maxie, can you take the dead or dying bush back and get a refund. Lowe's let's you have a year to return plants.

Paula, I still don't know how you keep it together with all you do.

Beth, you're having a great summer sounds like.

Punkin, Jostoy, and Sassygirl, where are you.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. The tour at the brewery was great fun! The dentist in the afternoon not so much.
    Came home slept off and on all evening..

Nothing planned for today

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought the Clydesdale's were at Grants Farm when not on tour. Learn something new. I saw them once up close and they are beautiful! Seeing them would make any tour great!

Good SUNNY Morning! There is rain in the forecast for every evening....it's hit & miss. Didn't get any yesterday.

Yesterday was good. I puttered around cleaning this & that. Now if someone else came into the house, they wouldn't notice, but things get behind on me. I motivated Blaise to go out on the small enclosed porch and scrub it down on the inside. He did a pretty good job at first glance, but looking a second time...wellllll. Becca came down at noon, and the three of us went to lunch at Mel's. We had a nice time. Saw several people I knew. The one couple comes there for lunch every day, and gets pie most of the time. Told them to try the peach pie. Don't know if they did or not.

We came home, and Becca helped me go over the porch again & clean all the windows. Got Blaise out there a couple times to redo certain areas. What helped was that he did get the first layer of dirt off everything, so it didn't take long to go over certain areas. It looked soooooooo much better than before we started all of it. Wished I would have taken before & after pics. Now I'm not so embarrassed to have customers come in that way. It's right off the kitchen, and so I have them come in that way. I'd like to have it rebuilt, and I'd like to eliminate a door and some windows, but we use every single door (4) and the windows bring in so much light.

We then went swimming after that project. It was so nice working with Becca. She no longer whines about helping. The water was perfect. Came up after an hour, and she headed home, and we rested until it was time to go to karate. He was in a mood again. He barely passed to get his next belt. Mr M asked to talk to me afterwards. It feels like getting called into the principals office. He ask again what was going on with Blaise. Blaise REALLY doesn't want to go to Kathy's. He's use to being a day or two guest there, and now with being there for a week at a time, he's no longer a guest. There are expectations, and Kathy is bringing down the hammer on him. I know she needs to, but she doesn't remember when she ask me, "Can't I do anything right?". He feels the same way. My poor buddy.

Did you notice I didn't bake anything yesterday? I didn't even mix up the sugar cookie dough I needed.

This morning I will mix up the dough. I need to bake two pies for my brother Ray. It's his turn to take dessert to Bible study. After I get all that done, we'll do a little more cleaning & go down to the pool. No other big plans for the day. I love it!

KA...yesterday we were playing Monkey In The Middle in the pool. We all ended up with nicknames, and mine was Arms. I do have short arms, but yesterday they just kept reaching out and catching the ball before Blaise could get it. Lots of laughs. Becca's was Hair, and Blaise's was Monkey. He's finally able to stand in the pool with his head above water completely. With just the head bobbing around he looks like a monkey.

JoG...is there a dumpster at the apartments? If so, just start filling it with unwanted items. Do one box, then take a mini break, then another box. I'm so glad you are close by your kids now. Smile & soak in the love.

Maxie....you make me laugh.

Oh...yesterday Becca wrote me a check to start PAYING ME BACK for the loan we gave her. That's AMAZING...getting paid back. LOL! It'll be two years here in October since we loaned Kathy $$, and have yet to get a penny back from her. LOL!

Time to get busy....have a good one all!

Comment

A sunny morning and a hot day...a little of those afternoon showers would be nice but they are missing us. Having to water every night. I never thought about returning the poor shrub. I could take a picture of it in with the others to show them I guess. However...can I return a shrub that a dog may have destroyed? And if it is a dog how do you detract it? Hate to replace it only to have the same thing happen. I really do hate other peoples pets! If I liked animals I would have them.

Well meatloaf was a success and the left overs went home with Sierra. Jon was a little upset to see the leftover mashed potatoes go out the door but she did leave him a piece of meatloaf. 'HE is eating my leftovers!' Now he knows how I feel having to feed the guy! We went to the mall but she only bought Bath and Body and the sale stuff to boot! We did window shop but she was not interested. Went into the shoe store and I bought a new pair of Nike slides. That is my house shoe and pool show and bed slipper shoe. I just love that shoe! Anyway I took my shoes which were on sale for 19.99 to the counter and was charged 24.99. Told her it was on sale and she was very nice and went to look. Told me the color I chose was not on sale. What? This is a black slide and the 'color' is on the nike swish. When we left Sierra said she noticed the shoes were the same...same style but different prices on the colors. Just another way to control our shopping? Geeze! She left for home from the mall and when I came home the boys were in the pool. Andrew is snorkeling and his dad keeps putting water in the snorkel then they have a water fight. But as soon as I sit down to watch they have me running in for this and that and so I just stayed in.

Nothing planned for today. Guess our weather is like Cookies...hot with rain chances. Cookie did not bake one day! Is the sky falling? LOL! How did it feel to stay out of the kitchen? But then she scrubbed a room. Relax for once!! I feel sorry for Blaise. I know this has to be hard for him to understand. Maybe he needs to talk it over with someone. Beth the tour of the brewery is interesting...did you sample? Gotta go to the beer garden and sample!

If I go in and eat that last piece of pie then I will have eaten half of it but one piece is so sad looking...I will be doing it a favor! That calls for another cup of coffee too. Jo, moving in is the fun part! You had new furniture delivered didn;t you? Take advantage of the help and relax. It is almost all over!!

Have a great day people.

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie I sampled halfway through. By the end I was so hot I was afraid it would make me sick. The Clysdales barn was definately my favorite. Beautiful animals!!

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        At Lowe's you need a receipt, it does not matter what condition the plant is in, but if a dog has been urinating on it it will smell strong. I would wash it off with the hose. Maxie you wrote Pool Show, but I think you meant Pool Shoe, unless you are doing a pool show, then by golly you need those shoes. LOL! I have a pair of Reebok slides that I've had for years and they are my fav, but they are wearing out and I cannot find anything that compares. Sigh! What is a girl to do.

Good morning. I finally found the bin with my pants and summery tops. But not my shoes.
      Maxie, I got a new bedroom set, and am getting a new TV and appliances today. DD & SIL are generous. But I insisted on paying them back. They’ve already made some round trips these past 3 months.

karlinann, go to your pharmacy and get the eardrop kit they have. The drops liquify the wax and then you suction it out. E used to do that periodically. They pharmacist will explain in detail about it.

Cookie, I think it’s a good idea to get someone to talk to Blaise, and give him the explanation he needs. A professional counselor is probably best.

Well, I’ve bins of clothes to hang up or store away.
      Then find room in the kitchen for all the stuff I plan to use here.... I have downsized my amount of stuff til it hurts. But I can live with it if I find a place for it.

i have 6 bins of yarn to crochet with. One bin has a bunch of stuff I’ve already finished. But that’s for the near future.
      some are donation sets for newborn premies.

i guess I’ll get a cups mocha and get busy again. Have a great day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, cookie, yes we dump the empty boxes in the bins. But some are filled with stuff for charity, and some go to DDs who can use the stuff.
        what slows us down is that 2 of the kids just dumped stuff in boxes and bins. Thus the extra sorting on this end.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Today I had lunch with 3 other women, one is my “next-door neighbor”. We had a good time getting to know each other.
          The people here are really friendly!
          Well, it turns out my neighbor is a real pessimist. About everything. My hospice nurses aide DD told me “early dementia....you are describing how people try to hide early dementia with constant complaints.

We are not yet done finding a place for stuff.
          But we have made lots of progress. 2 DDs dropped by this afternoon, both went home with cartons of stuff.
          It will all be put to good use. Empty cartons too 2 trips to the dumpster. I couldn’t make the second trip down, but she used the dolly I used on the first trip.

Tomorrow a guy it is coming to see why DD couldn’t set up the WiFi. She went through 2 maintenance people from the company, ran through several tests via phone with each one.
          I suppose the guy will have to bring a new unit.
          Also, the maintenance guy is supposed to come hang the new TV, a few pictures, and some other chore.
          So I’ll be stuck in my room til he does. But I have plenty to keep me busy.
          I manage to go to bed quite worn out, in spite of the fact I need several little breaks during the day when my back starts hurting.

I will say nighty-night now. I’m sure most of you are snoozing right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X