Monday, June 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, June 17

Good morning Rounders! Do you girls remember Bman? He started the post every day and he always gave the weather report for his area. It was sad to lose him.

Well, we got a little rain yesterday evening, so something is better than nothing. I did one load of laundry and that was it. Aunt Maye I wish I could be there to help. I do have a bunch of energy and I've never been one to sit still for long. The truth is I'm happier when I'm doing something productive and even happier when it's outside. I'm a nature girl. It does my heart good to catch a ray of early sun on my face and hear the birds singing happily because I stirred up the earth and they can hone in on the worms. I'm really excited when I see an Eastern Bluebird or a Cardinal, or a couple of Cardinals.

Today I think I will be cancelling the appt. for the MRI and the PM clinic. I found out it's a $75 copay for the MRI and since my pcp does not think my pain is other than Osteoarthritis I will just get the referral for the Occupational Therapy and get the injection. That's all I need for now and there is no way I can have surgery this year. So, that's the plan. I'll make the calls when we get back from DH's PT.

I need to Swiffer the floors and dust around here. Don't know if that's happening today.

I watched the new Endeavor on Masterpiece and it was so good. He is brilliant and he solved the murder and got reinstated. Boo ya!

Cookielady, OMG, all the pies, all the cookies, all the work. You are like a baker on steroids girl. How do you do it?

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning. Rain & more rain. Would you believe I have to pump water OUT of the pool? You have to do that so the filter system works properly.

Yesterday was good. On my way home from church & SS I stopped at DG to pick up some cards, and walked out with 4 bags...how's that happen? Got my gas tank filled up...pd $2.59/gal. It was a productive day in the kitchen, and I didn't bake one thing. Made deep dish chicken...oh my was it good. That was for Becca & me. Made Cork pasta dish for his lunches this week. Then grilled chicken & asparagus . I don't think I've ever had grilled asparagus, and oh was it good. There was just the 3 of us for dinner. Glad Becca came down. She brought Ollie. She ended up leaving sooner than expected because Oliver was being rotten. He just wouldn't settle down.

Becca is going to Orlando for an in-class training session for a week for her Masters class in Aug. Well a co-wkr has to be out of his current apt by July 31st and can't get into his new place until Aug 15th. Becca offered to let him stay at her place for those 15 days if he'd house/animal sit while she's away 8/2-8/8. Works out great for both of them. He took her up on his offer. I'm relieved because Oliver was going to be here, and that would have been 8/1-8/8...too long for me. He's too high energy for me.

Blaise didn't get home until around 930. His father brought him. Kody & Liz got new jobs down this way, and will be moving down here in the next couple of weeks. Kody wants to be closer to Blaise and Liz wants to be closer to her family which lives in this area. Kody has matured, and I like Liz. They get along great with Kathy & Matt. If the 4 of them can responsibly take over raising Blaise, that will be great. Blaise was glad to be home.

Today starts a 4 day camp at our local community college. I signed him up for the morning & afternoon session. One is about robotics & Legos, and the other is engineering & Legos. He'll have a blast. While he's gone, I'll be baking....surprise, surprise. I got wiped out of cream pies this weekend, so that's first on my agenda. Meeting my SIL for lunch. Blaise has karate tonight.

Time to get the booger up and ready to head out the door soon. The first day I want to give myself extra time since I'm not 100% sure where I'm going.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...Yesterday was super nice. I am glad my sis and I went. Saw lots of cousins I see once a year.

Today..My daddy will be here for a few days. I won’t see much of him. He is coming to help my sister with what ever she comes with for them to do. She will supervise and work along side him. I have a busy week so I am good with her being incharge if daddy. I will have food on hand for him to have if needed.

Today for me going to get groceries...make cookies...going to Saint Elizabeth Adult Daycare. The place I used to volunteer. I am going by today to visit and meet the new nurse to see if will let me or want me to volunteer a couple days week. I am excited to see the participants I still know.

Comment

Good morning.
        DD is still asleep, so I will sit quietly for a while. ☕️ Got my mocha and I’m happy.
        This sorting and packing seems endless. I am dreaming about it again. Fitbit says I had 3 hours of sleep, the rest is restless movement. But I’m finding some unemptied closets and need DD to haul the boxes and bins off the high shelves. Yesterday we pulled out 4 tightly packed drawers and a cabinet of movie DVD’s and music on CDs and sorted them for donation and family, and what we wanted to keep.

Today, more of the same. I have some clothing to put in donation containers, and will worry about replacing my wardrobe at another time. One of the kids left stuff in a mess, much of which I doubt I’m keeping. Got a packet of papers to finalize/sign with the Senior facility, and send it back. Plus, finally, a pension account to open. I’m not sure I’ll meet my goal of moving in right away, but I’m not about to break my neck or my back as long as I have an option of personally seeing this through without letting the situation drive me crazy. I can accomplish only so much at a time.
        But today promises to be a bright, sunny day.....& 100°.... and still time to catch up a bit more with things.

Oh, I had an opportunity to try one of those new burgers....looks and tastes like beef, but it is plant based. They are very good. The restaurant (The Black Bear) makes large size burgers, of which I can only eat half of one at a time. Actually, it seems to go down more easily than the real meat!....juicer, I think.

So, I’m looking forward to the change in my little world. I’d like sanity to settle down, and enjoy my kids’ families now. Oh, my middle DD gave me a birthday gift Saturday of a photo book she made, pictures of family events including the progress of E’s and my marriage. It’s really beautiful.

Wishing you all all a wonderful Monday. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...gloomy with a chance of rain....a chance of rain every day this week in fact! When did we turn into a rain forest? What happened to midwest droughts? We can't even string three days together with out filling the rain gauge!

Yesterday was nice with both kids home. Andrew has been out of school 2 weeks but was sick the first week and last week he took a class at the local tech school. He and his cousin used tools and computers and even fabricated their own parts for their project. He loved it and thank goodness for grandpa who hauled them back and forth. When he walked in I was so surprised...in two weeks he has grown and slimmed down more. Even his face has lost the baby fat and he is such a young man. Sierra came in hauling her wart along. She texted to say they would be here for lunch. Told her she had better be bringing a jar of peanut butter and jelly. You cannot tell me the hour before and expect a meal to be on the table....not in this house anyway! Andrew had been out with his family earlier so we just ordered carryout. I admit I did not go out of my way but she needs to learn a little consideration. You can't snap your fingers and expect us to stop hating your bf or to produce a meal. Both those things are hard work...

Watched the ballgame yesterday. Boy are those long! And it is hard to settle into baseball after a fast game of hockey. But they won and that did add a bit of excitement. Noticed our pitching still stinks so some things never change. Today is Jon's last day of vacation. With rain predicted all week and him having no plans he cancelled the second week and will save it. He went early for blood work this morning then will probably take a nap! I did change my bed last ngith and will finish up the laundry today. Need to clean my room. I have clothes piled on the ironing board and cannot even find the iron. After wearing nothing but Blues shirts for weeks I need to dig out other tees.

Well I have nothing happening or nothing of interest to say. Life is boring and wet around here. Andrew rehung the birdhouse so maybe someone will move in. Everything is so overgrown and needs attention outside but between the rain and bugs and mosquitoes and gnats who wants to be out? So far been an icky summer.. Have a great one people...

Comment

Maxie........and they say rain forests are shrinking. I’m hoping our monsoon season wakes up soon. I can’t lasso your rain clouds (the rope isn’t long enough.). Darn!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good morning. It is in the 70's and feels great right now. I love the cool, quiet of the early morning (well, not as early as Karlinann's morning), but a good time to wake up and take my time getting myself reaedy.

Yesterday was busy and that is why I guess I never got here. Saturday was busier than I thought it was going to be but a good kind of busy: the kind where youget a lot done but not wear yourself out trying to do it.

cousins from out of town were here but only stopped in at my mom's to vosit and borrow some yard tools and her mower to take to the cemetery for clean up around their family graves! But because she loaned them they also did a lot f clean up around our area (a way down from their mom and grandparents) so for Father's Day my dad's and Gary's graves and grandparents' all looked nice and fresh. The cemetery is putting in a sprinkler system and some things are left right now, I guess.

I bake d cookies on Saturday for Father's day at church. We had milk and cookies for the dad's and then the leftovers were also given out. I brought home some of the ones I made because I made a huge batch and when it got to the end and some older teens were going to take the whole bag I still had (1 1/2 doz!) I just said, No, you already have an extra plate; I am taking those back for my daycare. I mean, it was probably not charitable, but there seems to always be those who just think they should be able to walk up and take whatever is there. Sometimes that is ok, but I try to share it out...the night before we were putting out the extra hot dogs and buns for famiies to take from the social we had and the same family was grabbing double! And they only have 4 in the family...Ok, I know by knw it won't change and I need to change my attitude.

I fostered kittens all weekend, too! I was a little worried the real foster would not be back intime to get them and me to clean up the daycare room and air it out, but she did. Becky and I had moved them up into the living room and collapsed their big gated area and I was ready if they had to stay the night to have their kennel in the living room, but I was really happy to have them leave on time. With no daycare parent the wiser...the kittens were fun and the daycare room was gated off like it is during the week so my dog didn't know too much about them.

Two kids will not be here today and I am tryingto rearrange stuff and just plain dump other stuff!
              JoG, how many square feet is the house you are in now? As you mention closets and dressers I envision my own house and the closets and thngs I have stacked up in them. Some are items I know I amnot going to use but not yet sure of how I want to donate them. I am still too attached to them emotionally to just give to Goodwill etc...

Karlinann, my yard is still in a questionablestate. I took a picture of where the water is hitting way out into the street to text to the lawn guy. I don'twant anymorehoses or sprinklers charged to me; I am erady to say take the timed sprinklers off and I will do it all on my own. I have brown spots and it is somethingthat can drive me nuts! So I will be taking a deep breath and texting so I don't risk sounding as frustrated as I am.

Ugh...my typing is awful but the dogs are barking and I gotta go!
              take care all!

Comment

Paula, my house is between 1200-1300 sq ft. Looks like the kids worked at eye level, and some closets were not opened or emptied, and all the top shelves have stuff on them. I’ve noticed 3 boxes of family photos in one. DD has to get them all down for me.....right now she is working from here while attending meetings online. But later today we will make a significant drop off of stuff. E was very good at packing things tightly, and you wouldn’t believe how much stuff he could fit in every extra space. The kids said we had 2 storage units here. I only know of one, which filled our 2car garage when we emptied it. We even found the food stamps from WW2 that his parents had. We were laughing and crying over the excess.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X