Sunday, June 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, June 16

Good morning Rounders! We will have more rain today and I'll take it.

I got the gas yesterday and filled the mower and finished mowing the yard. It was easy breezy. The lawn looks decent now and I have one more side of the driveway to edge. My string trimmer has an edger. I had to trim off the new branches that grew on the Live Oak out back. Boy, that thing grows like crazy. I also did some work in the garden. I needed to set the round stepping stones down into the soil. Last fall I just placed them around the berry patch, but they needed to be down in the dirt so I won't fall.

My arm is still sore and I had nightmares so I've been up since 11 pm. Some of you probably hadn't gotten to bed. I've never been a night person. Even when I worked night shift I wasn't and I hated it. Thank goodness the coffee kept me awake, because now I can drink a cup and go right to bed. It's weird!

Tonight starts a new Masterpiece "Endeavor" series. You can bet I'm getting up to watch that. DH will wake me up. I forgot to watch Mountain Men last Thursday. Drats!

For dinner I'm making Baby Back Ribs, Baked Beans w/Onion, French Fries, Corn on the Cob, and Chocolate Pudding.

Our gas price went up to $2.34 in just one day. I wish they would leave it be.

I noticed my neighbor has an Angel Trumpet in a pot on her front porch. She also owns a dog that loves to eat grass and weeds. I will call her today and let her know it's poisonous to all critters, both 2 legged and 4 legged.

That is it for me. I'm off to AARP.org to play games. I'll be back later to read what you wrote. Hi Aunt Maye.
    Last edited by karlinann; 06-16-2019, 01:08 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! Not raining at this moment but suppose to rain every day this week so it will be raining sometime today. Yippee...and that is sarcasm!

I think I heard both kids will be dropping by today in honor of Father's Day. Since no one told me we are not celebrating with me cooking a meal. Besides we never know if Serra will show up or when or with bf or not. Andrew is taking his grandpa out to lunch first. His grandpa is a good ole guy and deserves lunch out today.

So many things I should do and when I am lying in bed not sleeping I think about them. I should sort through the sheet and blanket closet. I should change my bed. I should do laundry. I should clean this house. I should do a lot but doing it is another story. Not sure what the Cardinals did yesterday since I fell asleep. I did watch several hours of the parade yesterday. Took forever cuz there was a lot of celebrating going on! I am really having a hard time moving on....we have been playing hockey since October and that is all you concentrate on during playoffs. Now I am sleeping through baseball. Maybe we just need some hot to go with baseball season!

The state is raising taxes on our gas then with the stuff going on in the middle east we are going to be gouged again on gas. Always some place or somebody to take your money...doesn't leave me much left over to fritter away on frivolous stuff...ya know?

Well I hope you all have Father's Day BBQs to go to and the sun is shining and the temps hot. The means you will not be coming here if looking for those things! Have a great one.......

Comment

Good morning.
      It is a beautiful day for Fathers Day here. I’m sure we will be smelling what’s on the grills around the neighborhood later today. Temps will stay at 100° this week.

our youngest DD is here this week. Nephew will be by around noonish to get the freezer and chest of drawers. I left a bunch of meats and frozen foods in the freezer for his family. Then DD & I will gather some boxes and start packing up stuff....or maybe run to some store for a bed and dresser to be delivered to the Senior home.

Not much else happening here. But plenty to keep me busy.
      Hope your day is a great one. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        JoGee, remember that if the freezer is tilted you are not supposed to turn it on for 24 hrs. It's what I was told when we bought ours and we did have to tilt it to get it loaded.

Good morning..my sister will be here around 11:00 to pick me up. We are headed to Illinois for a family reunion on my daddy’s side of the family. My grandpa daddy’s dad had 11 brothers so the family reunion has always been on Sunday. I probably won’t remember half the people there. I willl be glad to see my daddy. He should be quite happy with his gift. My sis and split the cost to get the coins he had on lay away at the coin shop with out him knowing. Mom went and picked it. Kym and I gave her the money.

Mom and daddy have a trouble this week with their dog chewing stuff up. I guess she got hold of mom’s mouth guard early in the week and last night it was my daddy’s glasses.

Comment

Good morning all.

Well I got all the caulking done yesterday. Also cut the bottom excess off my blinds. They are fau(?) wood ,and they were so heavy to raise the blind.

It may stop raining 1 day, and I need to wash windows very badly. Don't think the previous owner washed them at all. I can't stand to look through dirty windows.

Today I have no idea what might strike my attention to do. Know I want to make, cook, a couple of things, so that may be all I do today.

Tomorrow the tree man comes to give me an estimate on pulling out those 14 ewes. I'm not going to be bothered with cutting them 2-3 times a year. They actually new trimming now to make them look nice.

Then more therapy tomorrow afternoon. Tuesday the A/C man comes to check that out.

Everyone have a good day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Karlinann, I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Sunday morning. wet one so far............ Have not been to church since Feb.. miss it, miss the people. talked to our pastor earlier in the week... she will stop in one of these day to visit.. But David can't go.. so afraid he will fall.. Plus he is just not going to use the Walker in public,, ( not manly ,you know,,, aggg)... so I stay home too... I made a 20 min trip to the Dollar store yesterday. and worried while I was gone.. ...

HI Karlinann,, any excess energy you have, ship it to me..... sons are doing all the yard work now.. I never give a worry when they do it.. if it gets a bit long,, who cares?, I don't... Our dear neighbor who was mowing our yard when he mowed,, is now seriously ill with Lymes disease. got bit with a tick. while out in Colorado.. so he has to have someone do his yard. ..... probably frustrates him to see it not so neat but he's so miserable he probably don't care either.

Hi JoGee, ,Bethina, Jostoy and Maxie, ...
            will be back to see the rest of crew..

Comment

Good Afternoon! It's a rainy one here today......again.

Yesterday was good & busy. Friday evening my SIL & I plus 3 of our girls went for Chinese for dinner and then to the movies to see Aladin. It was good, but certain parts you missed Robin Williams. Came home and immediately put 3 pies in the oven for a Saturday morning order.

Yesterday was were out the door by 8am. Hit up one garage sale before delivering the pies. Had a nice chat with the lady. Come to find out she graduated with my middle brother. Then we went to several more sales. The ONLY thing we got was 6 more jigsaw puzzles for my Mom. They were selling them 3/$1 and they were nice 1000 pc ones that totally interlock. I picked up 6 for her at a sale on Friday. I think btw this weekend's finds and last week's, she should be set for the rest of the year. We made a couple stops before heading home at regular stores. Mel called asking if I could make her a couple pies. I came home & got busy on that. I also had to make a couple ho ho cakes. I made the whip cream filling the night before. Got those made & delivered. When I came home, I checked out my fillings, and let her know what fillings I had already made, so she ordered 3 more pies. I got those made, and we delivered them on our way to dinner. I took Cork for Chinese for his BD which was on the 13th. Had a quiet evening.

This morning we went to church & SS. I stopped at DG on my way home to get a few cards, and they were having a 50% off sale. Got 20 of those clear crystal looking trays. They are perfect for 4 doz cookies. I've been puttering around. Now to start cooking. Need to make Cork's food for his work lunches. Going to make deep dish chicken for supper. I've been hungry for it, and the two men folk won't eat it, so since Becca is coming down, I'm making it for her & me. I'm going to grill chicken and asparagus for Cork's dinner.

Not sure when Kathy's bringing Blaise home. He's been there since Wed evening. Becca's bringing Ollie with her since she worked a double yesterday and then had to turn about and work 7-3 today for OT.

Back to work.....hope you are all having a good one all!

Comment

Working...
              X