Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, June 15

Good morning Rounders!

Well, my pcp totally listened to me yesterday. He approved the MRI order and signed it, but he still thinks it's not any ligament or muscle problem. He asked me about the type of pain and I explained it to him and he thinks that it is to the point that I need surgery, but he said I could get the injections and put it off for awhile. He told me that the Orthopedic surgeons are keen to go ahead and give a new knee, that they don't want to do anything but surgery. I told him I'm not ready for surgery yet. He understands and he told me he could give me a referral for Occupational Therapy and they could do the injections. I didn't know this before. I told him about the way the front desk treated me at the Pain Management office he first referred me to and he said he would talk to the doctor about them. He said he needs to know. They are right next door to each other and my pcp refers all his PM patients there, so yes the doctor needs to know about it and another doctor is the right person to relate it. Anyway, he told me to go ahead and have the MRI and then call him about the OT before I see an Orthopedic surgeon. I feel better knowing there is another option. I couldn't possibly have knee sx right now.

We made a trip to the library around noon and found only one puzzle and several paperbacks. I'm reading one by Charles Todd that's pretty good.

Yesterday afternoon we called a new AC company to come and check our condenser cuz it has been making a funny noise. We really like the guy who came out. He checked everything and come to find out it was not anything too bad. He said our system was okay and tightened up a loose screw. The loose screw was what I was hearing making that funny noise. We like him so much better than the other guy and we signed up for the maintenance where they come twice a year and check the system. Our system was installed in 2009, so it has a lot of life left in it hopefully.

I put my new string trimmer together yesterday morning and in the afternoon while the AC guy was here I went out to do some trimming. Well, long story short, I trimmed the whole yard. It's heavier than I thought it was going to be and boy was my left arm sore when I finished. I could barely lift it and I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 5 pm after taking an Advil. I should have taken the Advil before going out. I was going to go get gas for the mower after the library, but it started pouring down rain so we just came on home, but I will get it today. Our gas is $2.31 gallon. I will only use the string trimmer on the edging from now on. It's too heavy for my arm to support. I feel so old.

I'm surprised that I had enough energy to make dinner, but I did. The corn on the cob was the best part. I was ravenous.

DH was the one who went out with the AC guy and answered his questions and he was exhausted also by the end of it. I did not even think about that. He is still not 100% for standing for long periods. I wish he would have said something to me about it. I feel ashamed that I did not consider him and just went on cutting grass. Bless him.

Well, that is about it for this neck of the woods. Today I will rest and make sure DH has a restful day as well. I still have a load of laundry in the dryer and I sure didn't have any notion of taking it out last evening. It knew it would keep. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...quiet day for me unless my sister wants to do a bit of shopping. It’s dollar flip flop day at old navy. I usually buy my nieces some if I don’t miss the sale.

Maxie my mom ordered me a blues shirt last night off Amazon. It’s silver grey and says Stanley meet Gloria. I told her I was wanting a shirt but but with out fighting the crowd to get it.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      What a cool name!

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I like the Stanley meet Gloria shirts. My nephew has one that says Stanley + Gloria = The Cup!

Good morning all.
    It is raining here, and is supposedly to rain all day today. Tomorrow is thunderstorms all day. So guess I'll get some of those "little" jobs done here in the house.

I have some caulking to do around the shower doors in the guess bathroom and around the new microwave. Still haven't been able to match up the paint on the walls so I can get the walls "touched" up.

Well I finally made it to the U of I Nuero Science Center Thursday. They threw me for a loop by not wanting or having any other meds for me to use for my tremors. They said I needed DBS (deep brain Stemulus) . I couldn't think of a bunch of questions to ask, but did tell the Dr., who was very through in answering what questions I did have, that I would have to think about that. She gave me a lot of literature to read. She did say that even if I chose this surgery, it probably wouldn't happen until sometime in 2020. That's how far the surgeon is backed up. The surgery takes 2 hours, but there is a lot of "prep" to do before hand.

As of this morning, she is "backing" me off some of the primidone as she also thinks the meds are what is throwing me off balance causing me to fall. Lordy, I don't know how I'm going to eat. I have to eat with a serving spoon now. I haven't used a coffee cup in 3-4 years. I have to use an insulated glass so I can have "shake" room now. Guess I better start saving my half gallon milk containers for my coffee, or any other drink.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Hope all are doing well today.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Jostoy, get you one of those humongous cups from the gas station. You know the ones with a lid. I think they are called Big Gulp.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Good Idea Karlinann...or you can get a huge thermo cup. You can buy a handle to sit it in. They are very convenient and also have a lid. Surely they can do something to help before next year?

Good stormy morning...I can hear the thunder out there and the satellite tv is out. Been thundering most of the night but hopefully will stop in time for the parade. I will be cozy and dry inside watching but they claim they are predicting a ginormous crowd. People were gathering last night already! This has been so exciting for the entire area. I wore my shirt championship shirt yesterday Beth. Hope the storms stop for the festivities this afternoon although I do not think it will keep people from going.

Yesterday was a perfect day. My nephew joined us so we lunched first and then ended up just going back to my sister's and sitting on the porch all afternoon. It was windy and cool but we had coffee and cake and a good family gabfest. The turkey strolled up and wanted petted. This is an honest pet turkey and I did NOT touch it. Turkeys are for Thanksgiving and I am pretty sure the closest this turkey will come is as a guest. So on the way home Jon stopped at a couple of furniture places and I got an entertainment center. We walked into Weekends Only and saw the exact one I wanted! When I got up this morning I see he almost has it put together. That is quite a feat with as heavy as it is is...don;t now how he carried it in. But soon I can take the chest from in here to the new 'guest bedroom'. Still needs a mattress but that is just a matter of money. Why is everything a matter of money? I hem and haw about spending money then just go out and do it anyway. Need new curtains in there too. My sister made a coat rack for her entry way and said she had another door if I wanted one. Old grooved cabinet door...I think it would look great in there with a mirror over it. The best thing is she uses whatever paint/stains she has and it is a surprise when you get one of her projects. I cannot wait since color does not matter...the room is white.

Went to bed early with a headache and woke with it still here. Must be the weather. Suppose to rain off and on all next week and only reached a high of 71 yesterday but may reach into the 80s between storms today. Mother Nature hates us!!

Well things I could do today but thinking I will relax until parade time. Karlinann so happy you will getting some relief soon. It just shouldn't take so long!

Have a great day everyone...hope it stops raining here for a while and moves on to those of you wanting it...

Comment

Good morning.
      It’s sunny as heck here. The temps have settled to but within a degree or two of 100° for a while. Maxie, I have rain envy. The ground here would love to suck it up.

Son and his wife were here yesterday. I got a meal out. They filled their truck with most of the tools left in the garage, plus some games and craft stuff for their grandkids. They were so happy. I was glad to see the stuff go.
      Tomorrow our nephew will be here to get a chest of drawers and a chest freezer.

Today will see 2 DDs here plus a GD. We will have dinner out, but will be looking to get my packing ready to go.
      we are aiming to get me to Phoenix by July 1st. I still have paperwork coming in, and hope those pensions start coming in as well. Progress is slow but sure.

So, I’m staying busy. Quite busy, but with frequent breaks to ease or prevent back pain. I hope to squeeze in a haircut this week.

Oh, I ordered a pair of bamboo sleep pants. I was annoyed to see it was a size larger than ordered, but they must have known which brands run smaller or larger. They are a nice fit. And they look nice enough to wear as regular pants. Bamboo is a good fabric, cooling in our hot weather. Pretty much wrinkle free.

Well, I need to take my meds and begin my day. ☕️
      ☀️ Wishing all of you an amazing day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Never heard of bamboo pants but then again we seem to be swinging into more Canadian type summers and not having much need for cool. I have a sweatshirt on today! Of course my son has the fan running so the temps may be subject to interpretation. July is just a few weeks away so hang in there a bit longer and all the work will be over..

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Good for you Jo. I love bamboo everything, but I don't have any. They make all kinds of items. Back when I was wearing scrubs to work I thought about buying some bamboo scrubs. I've seen bamboo sheets too.

good Saturday to you all! Yesterday I was so tired by the time I went to bed I would not have been surprised towake up tired, but I woke up ready to go!
      A friend I used to drive around when her car was totaled is fostering kittens...and she is going to the coast for the weekend and so I am now fostering kittens for the weekend! Four cute little kittens and their huge fenced area and toys and all the stuff that goes with them. It made me tired to see what all goes with taking that on. She brought the stuff last night and set it up and this mornig when Becky went out to the daycare room and didn't see kittens came in and said, We already lost them! She had not known I guess, that Tina wasn't bringing them until she had to leave town this morning. Kind of funny, but I would hate for anything close to it to happen...

Oh, Karlinann, talk about hefting heavy things! One of my daycare moms was at the salon when I got there for my nails. She had her baby that I am supposed to start in August: Oh My! A big baby and I am only hoping she will be happily crawling and close to walking by then! Then when they walked out Jackie was carrying her in her carseat! those things are also heavy! God Bless these young moms!

The other morning I looked out and a cat was stalking a turkey vulture on the street! The vulture would just hop a bit out of the cat's way and they were moving along, but I decided I couldn't watch any more incase it ended badly for either one.

I made chocolate chocolate chip cookie dough last night and will bake the cookies as soon as Becky is finished withers. $ of us are making cookies for the fathers at church tomorrow and giving them cookies and milk. Usually it has been candy bars or root beer floats but at the time this sounded really good.
      This afternoon is an ice cream and hot dog social at church...a strange combination but that is what the kids wanted (teens and younger kids voted) and it will be fun. End of school and some starting vacations already so who knows how many will actually be there? I tried to get a head count and as long as we have enough to more than enough I will be happy!

My stylist/friend's family are big sports fans. No1 being SF teams 49'ers and Giants. Her mom is out of the country on a tour and when I asked how she was doing Lynn said the first thing she heard form her was just a few days ago and it was "Be sure and tell me who won the Stanley cup and the NBA! This lady is in her upper 80's and still goes to games (a three hour drive away, at least) and wears all the team shirts. Those shirts kind of make me want to be a fan! And the music! Lynn's mm asked if she got any photos of the Blues win and when Lynn said, How could I have done that?! I told her to YOuTube Blues Gloria and there is an awesome montage of game plays with the music in the background! Thank you Internet!

And speaking of that, Beth, ask yourself if you mostly are happy doing your computer work in the same place or do you want to take it out into another room or with you when you go someplace? I have a desktop and use my jphone all the rest of the time. My daughter got a laptop (a MacBook) and loves it! They get less virus and malware attacks than pc's...she needed it for school work whenshe was at my mom's helping her and school work needing to be done. She seldom to never took it to school or anywhere it would be a temtation for someone to steal (sorry we just live inthose places). fun thing to shop for!

I have to go to the post office and pickup chicken enchiladas from the Girl Scout fundraiser. Mailing graduation photos to family and hopefully, not too many errands until I buy two tubs of ice cream to take to the social at 4:00 (heat of the day!)
      Tomorrow is going to be church and Relax in the pool day! the daycare kids said it is warm. Probably too warm, but I feel like I want to get some of the benefit of my own pool!

Oh, I hope you all have a great day!
      JO and Jostoy, your strength and attitudes are an example for all of us.
      Karlinann, I hope you and your DH get rested up. I am going to call and make a service check up appt. for my air system.
      Sunny and hot but who cares when you have a day off?!

Comment

Working...
      X