Thursday, June 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, June 13

Good morning Rounders! Boy did we get good rain yesterday! After 2 pm I went out to take the yard waste can to the curb and decided to pull some more weeds and grass on the bank. I got all but a tiny portion and a bushel basket of debris to add to the yard waste can. I haven't had any yard waste for awhile, but it's overflowing today. I had several big dead palm fronds to come down with all the rain.

Well, of course my knee hurts this morning, but it was splendid to be out there working. It was so much like an early spring day and the wind was blowing. I am now ready to plant zinnia's when they get big enough and I'll do it on a rainy day.

I bought strawberries at Aldi's and they are delicious. Sweet and juicy! We are going to put them on our cereal, but I've already been gobbling them down. Yum!

DH has his pcp appt. today and a PT appt. this afternoon. Another rough day for both of us.

What to make for dinner tonight? I think it will be TexMex.

My Hydrangea that I transplanted this week is doing great.

Peace & Plenty. Oh, btw, the Vinca that I planted on the bank last fall dropped all kinds of seeds and they have sprouted. Whoo hoo! Lot's of Vinca and they will be good fillers. But the star of the bank will be the Zinnia's. Those tall California Giants will dazzle with all their blooms.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good RAINY Morning! No sun and no heat...it's down right chilly. Yesterday was beautiful though.

Yesterday was good. Delivered Mel's goodies then headed into town to meet Becca for lunch at Arby's. Blaise was in a weird mood and was just begging for a good spanking. Too bad I didn't have a wooden spoon. One of our stops was Aldi's, and I picked up some of their strawberries too. I text Mel later in the evening asking if she'd like a strwbry pie today, and she jumped at it. I got some of their green grapes too they have on sale.

Kathy called around 430 requesting I bring Blaise down to her, so that's what I did. I packed him with foods that I know he likes and lots of books. I also slipped in some worksheets. I told Matt they need to work on multiplication with him. We've GOT to get him up to speed and ready for 4th grade. Matt agreed. We'll see. I came home and made a real meal for us. I had the drumsticks already baking. I had PLANNED to roll pie dough during the evening, but only got the two pies made that Mel requested. Becca called fretting about booking her flight for Orlando in August for her class. For being so confident, she was completely freaked out about doing a layover by herself. She eventually picked direct flights and is paying more. Whatever. I told her it would be an adventure. I've done it several times. It was no big deal as long as you have plenty of time, which she would have had. Doing that with her shot most of my evening. I didn't get the apple pie out of the oven until 1140.

I actually slept in this morning. I need to get a shower & get ready to go. Going to the church and help get the food ready for the halfway house's graduation party. I've never helped with prepping, just donating food. Will deliver the pies before going there. Not sure what my afternoon will bring. Probably finally rolling the pie dough. Need to figure out something for dinner. Today is Cork's birthday. He just sees it as another day. Not me...I like to celebrate for weeks!

Best get busy. Need to take a shower & get this hair looking not so scary. It's sticking out all over the place this morning.

Have a good one all! OH...I'm assuming by the other thread that Maxie's team won the Stanley Cup. Congrats!

Comment

Good Morning! Another ho hum day around here...unless you won the Stanley Cup last night!!! It was so great! Loved seeing the celebrations on the ice and loved seeing the faces of the fans. St. Louis is one happy city. Hey Beth, we are going to have a parade!!

It is even hockey weather around here. 53* this morning and a high in the 70s. Our lake trip tomorrow is off and I think instead we are going to meet up with my sister and niece and do some antiquing. Most of the little towns with the best shops are under water but we will head inland and probably concentrate more of lunch. Rained most of yesterday afternoon and it rained on the fans sitting in the stadium watching the game last night. Busch Stadium opened up last night for a watch party since the Cardinals are in Miami. Sun is shining right now.

The fairy tail is over and I have a ton of laundry at the foot of the steps. Back to reality! Sierra and her bf are coming after work and her father is insisting I cook. He is afraid she is not eating right....well of course she is not eating right. I gotta tell you I hate feeding that guy. Yes I am petty and small and would take the food from his mouth! But I will feed my granddaughter so will make a pot of spaghetti sauce. Jon brought up ingredients but not the larger crock pot. I have not made meatballs so will just have meat sauce. We grocery shopped after our company left yesterday so even have salad.

Guess I will head out today and look for championship shirts. I am sure they were selling last night before the puck stopped. Now I have to wait around until October to start all over again. This has been fantastic! Have a great day everyone..

Comment

Good morning!! I was at a watch party at my church last night for blues game...it was amazing to watch! I have sore throat this morning from yelling!!

Going to give volunteering another chance today.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Went out early this morning and bought my championship shirts. Even heard Gloria this morning on the radio.

Good morning.
        After today the sizzling temps will stay around 100°. For a while, anyway. Today is 106°, so I will be staying inside again.
        still dealing with getting rid of things. Will be getting things packed up soon. I’m so tired of this. Or maybe I’m just tired.
        Friday and Saturday the kids will be taking me out for my birthday. Sunday hopefully the kids will relieve me of some of the stuff.

Nothing much new going on, so I won’t bore you.
        Have a wonderful day!☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Congratulations, maxie and Beth!!!! Nothing like a great Win to get you in the right mood!!! Especially against a team like you were up against.

Hot and busy here. I put off going to the store after daycare. the girls at church were having a pulled pork dinner fundraiser and I had forgotten, so I went and picked up the dinners I had ordered and had it ready for when Becky got home. The meat was wonderful; it had been smoked on a Traeger and was done perfectly. Way better than my Hawaiian pulled pork in the crockpot. Coleslaw, chips (no beans, and big French rolls and chocolate chip cookies were all included. 20.00 for a dinner for 4 and very generous!
          We will have enough for tonight, obviously.

I know I mentioned it, but I still am in awe of the hydrangeas growing outside the shopping center and throughout the parking lot in WA. Stuart's home backs up to a protected area and everything is so green around there. WEtlands...you can't see anyone even though they are among other homes in the neighborhood.

I need to get moving; my food agent called and made an appointment for this morning. I had thought they were all unannounced visits. I don't remember getting a call at all last. She will be here for breakfast and I am all ready...pancakes, berries and milk. Just have to be eady with the 1% milk No One likes. Ready...

Warm is the forecast for no on and I promised I would not complain when it was so cold and rainy, so I am just saying thankful for a/c and ceiling fans!

Have a wonderful day and stay cool and just bask in your win!!! and in our friends' wins!

Comment

Working...
          X