Wednesday, June 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, June 12

Good morning Rounders! Well, let me start off by saying that the PM clinic I went to yesterday was 100% better than the other one. The receptionist was knowledgeable, efficient, and the check-in was a breeze. I saw the doctor and my time with him was under 10 minutes. He said I need an MRI so they can see what's what and he wrote the order and I have to get my pcp to approve. Yeah, I know it's crazy, but it's managed healthcare remember and I have to go through the process. I have an appt. with my pcp on Friday, so I will get that approved and then I will go for the MRI on Friday afternoon. He said I may need to see an orthopedic surgeon after he looks at the MRI, but we'll see. He did not give me anything and I'm still hobbling, but the thing that I feel so blessed about is the fact that I can drive without that Sciatic pain now. Thank you dear Lord. Y'all have no idea how painful that was.

Yesterday was a very long day for DH and me and I was exhausted by 4 pm, nodding off in my chair. That book I started by Ken Follet is good, A Place Called Freedom. If we have time this afternoon we'll make a library stop.

Today is grocery shopping at Aldi's. Last week I thought we had appts. for today, but it's free. Well, it's not really free because I have some laundry to do, but it will be a day without appts.

We got more rain and are supposed to get more. I turned off the irrigation system last Saturday to save on our water bill. I will need to cut the grass soon, but I'm going to wait a couple more days so my knee can feel better. I don't trust it to support me on that uneven ground and I cannot afford to have an accident.

Paula, I'm glad you're back home and safe. JoGee, you're a trooper. Hang in there everyone. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! It is sunny and I have not heard any weather reports. All I know is it is sunny right now and tonight is hockey night! This is it...the last game of the season and for all the bananas! The Cardinals are out of town so they are opening the stadium up for a watch party. OMG...Downtown St. Louis is going to be hopping tonight. I will watch from the comfort of my chair and jammies. LGB!!!

Yesterday was a wonderful day of shopping. We follow our same route of stores and were shocked at how the time went by! WE decided it must be taking us longer to get in and out of the car and into the stores because our shopping seemed to be pretty quick. I think we spent more time in Bath and Body smelling all the sale stuff...might look and see if I can get some Christmas soaps on line. It is a good sale! Picked up wind chimes for the kids to give their father for Father's Day. We were At Home and they have Halloween stuff out. Check out girl said they also have a back room full of Christmas that they are getting in early because of this tariff/bordercrap. I am still putting out my summer decorations! We had lunch at Olive Garden and I gotta say the last two times I have not been happy with the food. It was buy one and take on so I brought home a meal for Jon and even he commented on it not being very good. But on a happy note at the table behind us was an older gentleman with a full white beard. The little guy at the table next to him thought he was Santa! So cute...that man actually went over to talk to the kid and let his mom take a picture of them together. That little cutie was so happy! Made our day too...

Today Kate and her SO are coming to visit and we are going to Olga's for lunch. Her SO is a vegan so eating out with them is difficult but he is a real life vegan and has been for years AND Olga now has a vegan menu! We are limited to nice places to eat around here so finding a place with a vegan menu is
    special. My sister cooks a lot of vegan dishes for him and I am not impressed but admire his loyalty.

The flood gates are coming down! Andrew's mom says the water is down a foot at her work place so she might be back in a month. She is thankful she could transfer to another site but most of the workers were laid off. Lots of heartbreak... I would like to go downtown and see if the river is down visibly. The bridge Kate would normally take to get here is open but the road to get to it closed on the Missouri side so they will have to take another route. Crops are not planted yet...

Well, need to pick up and straighten up with guests coming. Our day at the lake has been cancelled for Friday because of the cooler weather. Can you imagine it is June 12 and no one has been in the pool yet? Weather is so screwed up!

I am off to start the day. Sorry you have this back and forth to go through for relief Karlinann. Does not seem right! Have a great day...

Comment

good morning,, up early ,but had the first great night sleep , 6 1/2 hrs uninterruped sleep ,finally... even my knees feel better .

not sure what the plans for the day off. maybe trip to Aldis. few groc items on the list.. get David out of the house for a bit..
      I have read, read ,read, and crocheted till my eyes are tired..
      thinking ahead to son/wife visit coming up first week of July and what I need to do in house,, talked to DAug. Karen, need her help one day later this month to clean the "high" spots. ( and the low ,bending ones).. I''m hoping we can eat or order in food. , David and I are not used to big meal every day.. so cooking has been very limited for me..
      What I really need to do is make a list of all the things that need done and hand to Mike/Pam.. the three adult kids living near have really carried the load since David's heart attack.. ( and dear Donna, with yummy goodies).. But that probably won't happen... I would just wish we could set and chat, drink coffee and just enjoy quiet time together..

so I will get off here, and decide to do "something".. see you all later,, be good, be careful...Falls not allowed!

Comment

Morning...I had my first day of volunteering at the new place yesterday. It was not at all what I expected it to be. I may not keep volunteering there. I found out the place I used to volunteer has a new nurse. So I may call them.

Today is a quiet morning. Groceries this afternoon. Church and watching hockey tonight.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Another chilly one, but by afternoon we won't need the sweater.

Yesterday was good. Didn't accomplish anything major. Headed into town & Sharp Shopper was our first stop...guess what I forgot to put back in my purse after an internet purchase?...my credit card. Had enough cash to pay for the purchase at SS, but not enough to pay for the rest of my stops. We headed back home, got the card, and back into town to finish the job. The SC peaches at Aldi's are very good!

Came home to several orders. GREAT! The one guy that called last year for elderberry & I kept a note of that. He was so excited when I called & left a msg that I had elderberries. Personally I hate elderberry anything. Bitter to me. I cooked up a couple different pie fillings and assembled a couple to be baked fresh this morning for Mel's. Her dutch apple pie is currently baking. The house smells so good.

Last night at karate Blaise was having a rough night. Mr M called me into the office to talk. He ask me what was going on at home that might be causing this attitude. I said he had a fine day before that, but the only thing I could think of was he was suppose to be going to Kathy's right after class to stay the rest of the week, and she changed her mind. I offered to do that since she didn't have gas to come clear out to our house today. Well yesterday morning she claimed she didn't say OK to that, and she'll figure out someway to get him sometime today. Sure enough when we talked on the way home from karate, he burst into tears and said his Mom didn't even want him...she didn't love him. I NEVER said she didn't want him or didn't love him. I just told him there was a change of plans and she didn't want him for last night. I gave him all kinds of scenarios of maybe why she couldn't have him. You just never know what's going on in their lil brains. We came home and had popcorn & watched a movie together.

Pies are baked & just need to ice the carrot cake. Will get those delivered. Still debating on what to do today. I wanted to meet Becca for lunch and take her to the bank, but that was going to be done w/o Blaise. Kathy never gave me a time of when she'd be coming, so now I'm not sure what I'm going to do. We may still do that. I have lots of pie dough to roll out. That's this evenings plans. I really need to cook a real meal for Cork.

KA...did the doctor give you something for your sciatic pain? You must read fast.
          Maxie...how was shopping? Get anything exciting?
          Jostoy....take it easy. I've had poison ivy during the winter. I swear the cats brought it in on their fur & when I snuggled with them, I got it. Twice around my eyes. Looked like a monster.
          (((JoG))) You ask about carrot cake cookies last week I think...never made them.
          Bethina...enjoying your summer vacation....nice!
          Aunt J...will get those filters to you.

Sorry if I missed you....hugs to all!

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope you are right about the day warming up this afternoon! The sun went down and I am in a sweatshirt shivering. Holy Cow where is summer? Haven;t we sang that song before?

good morning. I am back home and tired out from the long day of travel, spent mostly waiting in airports due to delayed flights. For the most part all the agents and crew were wonderful, but at the last flight, I missed it and the gate agent was Not pleasant or helpful and actually gave me attitude about missing the flight. 6 hours later...spent in the Hot SFO airport (I guess they just don't think of turning on the air) I finally got the last plane to REdding (just missed one flight going to LA and then changing to Redding, which didn't make me too sad..) and made it home by 12:30 am.
          Kind of tired this morning, but still good to be home and it will be a great daycare day with one child I haven't yet had this summer.

cookies are on my agenda as soon as I get to the store after daycare and buy eggs. Becky went shopping for me over the weekend, but did not check on eggs.

I had a great time and so happy I was able to go to Rylie's graduation.
          My DIL keeps her home so clean and organized. Her pantry, cupboards, etc. My room was a hotel type guest set up: soaps, towels, lotioins all set in a basket for me and the most comfortable bed this side of mine!

I have to go get the baby bottles ready and let the dogs in.
          I hope the game goes your way, maxie.
          So happy to hear about the dr appointments, Karlinann. Yes! How did the sciatic pain get taken care of?
          I may need a diet Coke to stay alert this morning, and who knows what will happen when it is quiet time?

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
            I got nearly 6 hours of sleep last night. That felt good.
            Not sure if DD/WA will be here Thursday or Friday. Til then, I have the house to myself.

Today and tomorrow we should have 106°... the weather people keep talking of a slight chance of rain ahead, but I doubt it will fall here anytime soon. It’s already 80° here right now.

I bought a new walker yesterday. 4 wheels instead of 2 makes such a difference! I can maneuver it so much more easily, and walking with it is really easier. And when I feel I need to sit, it includes a nice seat.

So thats about all the news here.

Cookie, you really can write a book with all that’s happening in your life. I considered sending the cookies to my son-in-law. He’s diabetic now, and a cookie is a smaller serving than a slice of cake. He loves carrot cake.

Beth, I hope you find the job you’ll enjoy soon.

Maye...it’s not easy to cook for one person, either. But I understand the smaller meals, too.

maxie, it’s hard to find vegan offerings in restaurants. More of my kids are leaning in that direction.

Karlinann, so many doctor appointments. I understand that, too. Prior to moving, I’m seeing my doctors every 2 weeks.
            then I have to meet my new doctors, soon. I see two doctors in the last week of the month. See yesterday’s late post.). Oncologist and Cancer. but so far so good.

Wishing you all a fantastic day! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I thought I'd already posted about my sciatica getting better. I did the exercises and it just seemed to get better, but it has only been improved for 2 or 3 wks now. I have no trouble driving and no horrible pain from the SI or Sciatic, but my hip does have an ache from time to time. I think the exercise was my saving grace on that, but also I think working on the bank and pulling weeds and bending and stretching did the most part.

The knee is not as bad this morning so maybe it was the barometric pressure that was aggravating it. We just had a big thunder storm. The humidity is 100% here in the mornings. I'm melting.

I heard a small pop in my knee this morning and that may have alleviated some of that pain. I'm still limping though. Thanks for the concern. Let me just say that I hope my doctor gets sciatic pain one of these days so he will know what I went through. It will serve him right cuz he kind of turned a blind eye toward it and had no sympathy for me. There. I feel justified in saying that.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
              X