Tuesday, June 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, June 11

Good morning Rounders! I've got great news. The Zinnia's that I sowed around the mailbox are sprouted! I could not believe it when I went to fetch the mail. They look healthy and we are supposed to have more rain today. Hurrah!

We have 2 appts. today. First is DH's PT at 9, then we have to stop at the pharmacy and pick up a Rx. Then I've got to come home and eat lunch and get ready for my PM appt. I have to stop and pick up my knee xray from last year for the PM doc.

I'm hoping to get relief so I can get out and use the string trimmer this week. Actually, I'm praying that I will be able to walk normal again without that terrible pain. It feels like the bone is hitting bone sometimes when I take a step and my knee just gives out and I will tell the doctor today. I have to go an hour early to fill out all the paperwork.

I'm making lunch before we leave the house this morning. I finished my book finally. It was so good and now I'm starting A Place Called Freedom by the same author.

I think I'll make Tuna Salad for our lunch. Easy, breezy.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good early morning! Today I am also running around but mine is all fun stuff instead of Karlinann's doctor stuff. Today is girls shopping day so I will meet up with them for breakfast then we follow our normal route of stores. Consensus is no one has any special shopping to do so we could finish up quickly or without a goal just spend extra time looking. Never know.

I have been thinking of tuna salad...I like mine on toast, Jon likes his with crackers and Sierra likes hers as a dip with chips. Andrew will not touch the stuff! Yum..sounds good!!

Yesterday the grass boy cut the yard and Jon has been spraying for the poison ivy. Looks like he was fast enough to avoid it the other day. I have been reading and getting up to do a little something. Yesterdays wind knocked a pot over on the front porch and I was waiting for it to dry out to sweep it off. It was a small houseplant my nephew gave me for Mother's Day and I sat it in a big dump truck Andrew has had sitting out there since the first snow last winter. He made roads all over the porch in the first inch of snow and like normal left the truck. It is a big yellow truck and I thought plopping a plant in it would be cute...but the wind pushed the truck and it all feel on the floor and broke the pot. It was very windy here yesterday!

Gotta run and get a shower. Looking so forward to the shopping and good company. Heard Bath and Body has a sale and I need new wall smellies and hand soap. Have a great day and good luck with the doctor Karlinann.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Would you believe it's heading down into the 60's for the high for the next several days. That pool will never get warm enough for me to swim this summer.

Yesterday was pretty good for the first day of summer vacation. Blaise was ticked that I had "homework" for him to do before any electronics, and he told me straight up he was NEVER going to do it. I said whatever, then no electronics, and walked away. Guess who was doing the work w/o grumbling 5 minutes later? LOL! I've got today's pages already on the table & waiting for him with a sharp pencil. I'm going to ask Kathy if she wants some of these pages too.

Speaking of which, I needed her to meet me with his karate uniform before class. I text her just as we were leaving too. Guess who forgot? We were waiting at the appointed spot, and I finally called her AGAIN. We got there with 1 minute to spare. She "forgot" his belt & I grumbled. Well guess who forgot the belt at the place last week? Me. I guess she didn't forget it. LOL! I'm just going to tell her it appeared. Oops. Kathy (Mr M's wife) and I had a good laugh. Blaise informed me on the way to class that he NEEDED food from Mel's on the way home. I preordered it w/o telling him, and he thought I wasn't going to stop. I got Mel's order for tomorrow while we were there. Now I can work on it today.

Got Blaise enrolled into a couple of classes in the local community college. Next week is the only week that he was available to do it. I text both Kathy & Kody to tell them and ask if they could chip in to pay for it. We'll see if they come thru. He's excited. He was suppose to go home with Kathy tomorrow, but she doesn't have enough gas in her car to come, so I told her I'd just bring him tonight after class. They'll bring him home Sunday evening. I'm going to miss the lil booger....in a couple days.

I didn't get a ton done around here yesterday. I did bake 6 carrot cakes and cleaned up that mess. I normally bake 4 cakes, but they've been disappearing faster, so I increased it so I'm not baking them all the time. I cleaned out some of the junky leftovers in the refrig and would you believe I actually have one empty shelf? That NEVER happens.

This morning I think I'll mix up the pie dough and get the berries measured out into pots to thaw before we head into town. Need a few groceries. Sending some with Blaise. Will come home, cook the fillings, and assemble the pies. Will bake them first thing tomorrow morning. Will get the carrot cake ice today. I want to meet Becca in town tomorrow, so I'm trying to get organized today so I can do that. I want to take her to the bank and get things set up. I called and found out how I can transfer funds into her account, and how she can pay me back by transferring funds back to me. Of course we'll do lunch. I may come home and clean...maybe. I may just sit down and read.

KA...I'm amazed how much you do with all your pain. You are like Jostoy...Energizer bunnies.

(((JoG)))

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Weather guy is calling this week our back to Fall weather. You are right about the pools never warming up! Andrew's mom has enrolled him and his cousin into a class at the Jr. College this week. It is a hands on workman's class where they will build and design. Right up their alley!

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Not much of a bunny this week, cookielady. Somehow somewhere in the yard, I got poison ivy, so have been doctoring that. Guess what is on my Walmart list. Yep....Roundup. I have so much creeping murtle that I think that poison ivy is mixed in with it. Well it's all going to "heaven" if Roundup will kill it all. All it does is make me trip with all the vines coming out in the yard.

Good morning. ☀️ A sizzling day ahead.
      It is doctor day for me, too. Again, only 4 hours sleep, and wide awake the rest of the night.
      after washing my hair, I was out of breath again.

Got lots of craft books sorted yesterday. Half my discards went into the neighbor’s bin. Ours was already full. There’s more to come.

Need to let the kids know they can come take whatever they want from the garage. I’ll be calling Goodwill to haul off the rest.

On my mind....finish the sorting so I can pack it up. Call a realtor. Get my new ID card, and see when I start getting the military pension. Moving out! All in 2 weeks’ time.
      I need eclairs! ☕️

Almost time to leave.
      Thank you, Cookie.

Wishing you all an amazing day, be it doctor-time or fun-time or what fits you today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hi again. ☀️ It’s noon and 100° out there.
        I definitely can’t take the heat while I have A-fib. I nearly fainted in less than 5 minutes out of the car, and stayed shaky while DD got my prescriptions for me and got the car cooled way down. My doctor upped my prescription today. She also said I could try melatonin for my sleepless nights.
        But my lab levels were way up (good....very good). I talked with her about the dizziness.....I guess A-fib is not for hot showers either, so that will be cooled down. It’s really amazing that I cannot feel the erratic heartbeat.

In 2 weeks I return for a followup for all of this. Also an appointment with my cancer doctor for my “early September” checkup, since I’m leaving Tucson....DD thinks I’ll make the change on schedule.
        I was surprised when I saw that I lost 10 lbs. I will have referrals from these two doctors (oncologist and cancer) for my hospital cancer center doctors in Phoenix before I leave here.

DD went home after she made sure I was okay at home. It’s her 26th anniversary with her hubby.

I have a few days alone. DD from WA may come a day earlier, but as of this weekend when she arrives she will be here for a week. Interesting, how my out-of-state girls can spend these long periods of time with me, the others can manage a day or weekend only. I know which pair I’m selecting for my executrix’ in my will.

So it was a busy time getting everything done at the hospital today, in spite of the fact that I didn’t need an infusion.

I will spend the rest of the day relaxing, I think. Unless I get terribly bored, then I’ll sort a crate or two. Or nap. Who knows.

Toodle-ooooo for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am waiting at the San Francisco airport. 97* and lots of people. My first flight was delayed out of Portland and I missed my connecting flight by 5 minutes! I went as fast as I could hoping that it might be delayed enough to make it, but I got an extra 6 hours of vacation, I guess.
          i will now arrive at the airport in Redding about 11:40. Becky is picking me up and we will both be tired but happy to be home.
          i love seeing the other kids but quick trips are just kind of hard.
          Graduation was great! Stuart went over at 2:45 and got us a bench 4 rows up from the floor. I was able to
          sit with only a minimum of squirming

running around airports has got to have counted for some calorie burning!

So good to see you are all busy busy and doing ok. Jo, when all the moving is done I hope you can relax and enjoy that beautiful place.
          jostoy, poison ivy and oak will find me every time. Hope you get yours gone!
          I had a wrap sandwich and thought of you, Bethina. I asked the server if I could just pick what I wanted in it and he said yes! Corned beef and white cheese and everything else that looked good! I had t eaten for quite awhile and it was just what I needed. My brother in MN called when he saw i
          was stuck here at SFO and that was a great 45 min. Then I looked up
          and saw I was eating right next to a long table that said Reserved for SFPD! Safety was not an issue!
          I feel good now and my bed will feel even better. My bed at Stuart’s is so comfortable!

ok! I will tell you back EDT and CDT good night and see you in the morning!

Comment

Working...
          X