Monday, June 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, June 10

Good morning Rounders! We are getting rain today and through Thursday. Life is good.

DH has an appt. with his foot doc at 9 am. This is the very busy week for appts. He has PT tomorrow morning and I have my Pain Management appt in the afternoon. I sure hope they can give me that injection and I hope it works. I've been hobbling for over a year now. We have a total of 6 appts. this week.

I'm still reading the book. We've almost finished the puzzle. It has over a thousand things hidden in the puzzle. I can already figure out a bunch of them, but we've got a few more pieces to go.

I did a walk around the yard yesterday and the rain has made the grass grow in a few spots and it will need trimming this week. I will take my string trimmer out of the box and the 100 ft extension cord and get after it. If it works out I may not have to buy the gas for the mower for a long time and it will be easier on me.

I'm going to have to move the small Hydrangea back into a pot. It is in the dripline of the roof overhang and it won't survive the rainy season. I will try again to nurse it back to health. It has not grown a bit since I moved it, but the big one has 3 big blooms on it and is doing great.

I have been hearing a cricket in the house for 2 mornings. I cannot determine where it is, but a cricket on the hearth is good luck. I'll take it.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It rained overnight apparently & is suppose to for the next 24 hrs or so.

Yesterday was good. After church & SS, I came home and made the 2 strawberry pies. One was for us last night and boy was it yummy. Now the crust was made in a glass pie pan & it got a little toasted in some areas and OF COURSE my mother chose that piece. LOL! I heard about it. We joked that I'll be hearing about it forever now. Then it was onto prepping the chicken for orange chicken. Took Blaise down to the pool for a while before getting back to cooking. Made a tossed salad and rice to go with the chicken.

Becca ended up in tears last night. She's stressing over bills. She hasn't learned how to say NO to doctors. Btw regular bills, she's got dentist bills coming out the wazoo plus she's has this trip for her Masters coming up in Aug that she has to pay for...flight, hotel, food, etc. It's going to be in Orlando, FL, but they'll have no time for fun. It's 10 hrs a day work. Mom & I both slipped her a little $$, and I let her "shop" in my pantry and freezer. I'm willing to help her because she's working OT, and trying her best. She doesn't want to become a statistic that they keep talking about concerning the Millennials. She's praying. I told her we all go thru those valleys, but if we didn't have the valleys, we would have any high mountain top experiences. People helped me (Aunt J) during out low valley times. I never paid back the gifts, but rather passed them onto someone in need when we are able.

This morning is Blaise's official first day of summer vacation. Being the MEAN Grandma, I've got worksheet pages I want him to do before any electronics. Mean, mean Grandma. He needs to do some reading and cleaning too. I'm letting him sleep in though so I have some quiet time.

I'm baking 6 carrot cakes today. I normally do 4, but they've been going too fast lately, which is a good problem. I THOUGHT I had one more for Mel's, but my neighbor saw me at Mel's yesterday and ask if she could buy a whole cake. She got my last one. I arrived at Mel's around 1pm yesterday with their 4 pies, and I heard, "There's the Dessert Lady!" Several tables were WAITING on me to arrive. Mel was out of all dessert. LOL! Love it! I could deliver the pies in the back way, but the front is more fun & profitable. People like to check out what's coming in. They LOVE their pie. Yesterday was the Bumble Berry (blkbry, bluebry, strwbry, rhubarb, & apple), Sour Cherry, PB, and Strwbry. I'm betting she'll want one of the carrot cakes once it's baked this morning.

Blaise has karate this evening, but Kathy forgot to bring his uniform back. She was right out by my SIL, but do you thing she remembered to bring the uniform with her? NOOOOOO! So I don't know if he'll be going tonight or not. I refuse to go clear down to Kathy's. Not sure what else the day will bring.

Bethina...how are you feeling. Jo was right, you may have sun poisoning if you've got the chills. I also read about using menthol shaving cream on burns. I passed that bit on info onto my girls.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning everybody! I have to hurry up and do this because my physical therapist will be here in just a few minutes. We are due to get more thunderstorms today I hate the rain. Grrrrr

Yesterday was a good day. It was Pentecost and the Mass was beautiful, as usual. My priests brother was ordained as a Deacon in February and he delivered the homily. He did a really good job.

I have book club today and I have actually been reading the book. It’s by Dr. Brandt Petrie and it is called Jesus and the Jewish Roots of Mary. It really is well done.

Gotta Go put my teeth in. See you later. Have a great day!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning Punkin..we must have been typing at the same time this morning.....

What a sunny morning! This is a beautiful morning and no rain this weekend. In fact not much rain predicted for the week. Rivers are cresting but it will be a long while before the water goes down. Today I am hitting the floor running....well, as soon as I visit here and have my coffee. Priorities! Need to get out early for my pedi. I do not have an appointment but normally have no trouble walking in. I don;t mind waiting.

Well, what a disappointment! Blues lost badly last night. Thank goodness we have another chance with game 7 on Wednesday. It is just that we wanted them to win on home ice with the home crowd. The streets must have been packed with fans. You play these teams for long series and end up hating them. I mean really! One more game and it is all over...just have to wait until Wednesday.

Donna you are a good mom....not to Blaise, poor baby cannot have any electronics until you make him work for the time. That is mean and it is summer...lol! I know how you feel about Becca. It is so expensive out there for these kids starting. It just seems life is so much easier for some than others. Sorry she is stressing but she knows you are there and she is trying so hard.

I fed my sad shrub and trimmed back the dead. It is not dead on the inside so I am thinking some dog is using it as a public urinal. Mutt! Jon went out to check on a tree he transplanted on the hill and came running to hit the shower...it is covered in poison ivy. I hope he got it in time because he could be spending the first days of his vacay itching. He reacts badly to ivys of any type and will end up doctoring, but darn it, he will wait for it to take a good hold before going. Why make yourself suffer when you know?

Lots going on this week and I am looking forward to most of it. Have a wonderful day everyone. Great news on that rain karlinann. Hope you get your injection asap! Don't know how you keep going Cookie.

Comment

Good morning. I think.
        i am so tired. My bed looks like a battlefield. Yet I slept only 3 hours. Most of it dreaming about packing stuff. So I was wiped out before my feet hit the floor.
        ill be glad when this is done. Middle daughter will be here on the weekend, and assess what she can do to help hurry me on.
        Today the DD that’s here, will be taking me to get a better walker....with a seat.....which will prove more helpful to me than the one I have.
        We want to get out before the day sizzles, so I need to get dressed now. Or when I finish my tea, anyway.
        wishing you all an amazing day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Jo, Wish this was all over for you. Take care of yourself and soon you will be close to your kids.

Good morning...I am feeling better today...back and hip are bothering me now. My sun burn isn’t nearly as painful today.

Today after my helper and I straighten up the house we are going to have a day full of fun. I think we are going to hit some thrift stores...go for a walk...get ice cream or coffee...and maybe make some cookies.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Yum Beth...glad you are feeling better.

good sunny morning from WA!
        graduation this evening and going to Stuart’s school this morning for an assembly.
        this is such a great visit. My DIL keeps a clean, smoothly run home and it is just relaxing.
        i need to go to a bank for cash! Grandma needs to fill some cards
        and we may have time to shop a bit. I would love to find something that has not been seen and tried on by everyone in Red Bluff! Small town shopping issues.

so happy you all sound busy and good, and those who don’t know we are all concerned and wishing you well!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it funny when you go on vacation and see the top you have packed on some's back! In the scheme of life we all shop in the same places! But I understand your wanting something new to take back home from a different area. Enjoy your visit!

Foot doctor update: DH is out of the boot! Hurrah, hurrah, hurray! Doing the happy dance here. He is wearing the ankle brace that the insurance sent him with his regular tennis shoe on over it. It is a really good ankle brace. He can stand in the shower now if it does not hurt him. It's pretty much do as you can and don't overdo. He still needs the rolling walker for support, but he is out of that nasty boot. Yea!

His doctor told him the bone spur on the left foot is not nearly as bad as the one that she removed from the right one and he does not need surgery at this time. We can't predict the future.

I just wanted to update you so I wouldn't forget all the info.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          So good to hear this!
          I did not find anything cute enough to buy but had a good time.
          So nice to go to the assembly at Stuart’s school. Now if I can get good seating and not have to climb way up in the bleachers I will feel blessed!

Great News for both of you.

Comment

Working...
        X