Sunday snuck-up on me,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday snuck-up on me,

I had no idea it was Sunday already. My systolic blood pressure was out of whack because of the edema and my doctor told me that I had to use my Lasix. So I chose to do that dirty deed today. Since 8:30 this morning I have lost approximately 10 pounds. All water weight.

We have been having some severe thunderstorms and a couple of times my lights flashed off, but I did not lose power for any extended amount of time. Thank you, Lord!

The photo I am posting is Jessica. It was taken 6 months and 1 week before she passed away. I don’t know if she knew she was pregnant yet.

Today, all I will do is watch TV, go to Mass this evening and then watch Good Witch at 9pm. Sam and Cassie are going to get married - finally!. It will be a two-parter. Monday night at 9 PM is the second part. We are in for more thunderstorms and I am praying they won’t come while I am at church!

Have a a wonderful Sunday, y’all!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning Punkin and good morning the rest of you Rounders! I've been awake since midnight. Nothing wrong, I had enough sleep. I may take a nap today. I had to go to bed early because I worked outside redoing the pavers for my walkway.

Yes I overdid it, of course I did, but it had to be done. The pavers were not level and when you walked on them you felt as if you'd topple over and believe me I don't need that. I got it level now and I have to admit it looks good. We got some rain, but when you dig down in the soil it's dry, so...

Today is Spaghetti/Meatballs, small salad and fresh fruit for dinner.

Have a good day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Morning...Sunny and bright here. But most importantly it is hockey day! We could win it all tonight and not have to see Boston again until next season. They are not other team fan friendly! Lets Go Blues!!

Yesterday I piddled around here...dusted, mopped the baths, Maybe today I will get more done. Hardly slept last night and was up every hour. I have been going to be early and getting up earlier but sleeping sound in between. Finished my book. I have plenty to read but that does not mean it will be good. Sierra handed me some Nicolas Sparks when she left and they are easy reading...not much punch to them but totally readable.

Busy week coming up..need to get a pedi tomorrow, Tuesday is shopping day with the girls, Wednesday is lunch and visit with my sister and niece. My aunt texted that Thursday is lunch with the aunts...I sure do a lot of eating!! Yesterday our neighbor ended up taking two trees down and now we have to take one down! Darn tree she took down had overshadowed our tree and it is bent. Not only looks bad but is worrisome being bent and all exposed now. Those two trees were side by side but the one is on Jon's property. They share that lot and soon it will not have a tree on it. Fine with me..there are plenty of trees around here. Just ask my allergies!!

Andrew has strep. It is going around...can you believe there is still a disease going around after the winter of one bug after another we had? No rain yesterday!! Need to water. I fed the sickly shrub and need to check it this morning but I think it is a goner. I do not know if I can match it!! It just up and died overnight. And here I gave it a home where it could grow and be admired. Wonder if some dog is using it as a fire plug? That would really make me use bad words if I ever saw that...

Well I have nothing to say. Evidently Sierra is coming by to make her insurance installment. Jon ask if he should cook and I told him I was not cooking...I cooked on Friday when she cancelled. Cannot let this cooking stuff get out of control ya know? I baked that ham it was delish...he and I have eaten it all weekend and there is nothing but a butt piece left. Made the best sandwiches. Think we were both in the mood for ham. He clean exactly two ears of corn....big deal...they were so sweet I could have had another. They will need to be cleaned and cooked so maybe tomorrow. Unless he wants to cook today that is on him.

Did I mention hockey tonight? When you dig down here you see moist even if the top soil is drying. Hope you get a lot more rain Karlinann...and yes wobbly pavers are dangerous. Enjoy your Sunday relaxing..love meatballs!! Morning Punkin!

Comment

Good morning.
        i slept only 4 hours last night. I’d gone to bed with a backache.
        Yesterday was 102° when we went to dinner; today should reach 101°. The older I am, the more difficult it is to tolerate.
        We are making good progress sorting stuff and putting everything in bind. Tomorrow we will shop for a new walker with a seat on it. Maybe a couple bits of clothing.
        I think my car is almost sold. My brother would like it. I will talk to my dealer about a fair price. My car is not in the Blue Book listing. But will give my brother a lower price on it. It never gave us a speck of trouble.
        More of the same tedious work today. But it’s feeling good to discard the excess.

So .... that spaghetti sounds good, Karlinann. What time should be be there?
        Punkin, such a pretty young gal. Too young to be taken away so early in life.

i wish for rain - a long, soaking rain. Though the monsoon begins next weekend, I’d dare to bet that as usual we won’t see any rain until July 4th or later.

time for my breakfast, so I’ll be back later to read posts.

have a great day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          We are doing dinner for lunch today, that way I can take a nap sometime after lunch and eat a lite dinner. IT'S RAINING!!!!!

Morning...yesterday at the ballpark was a lot of fun!! I forgot Sunscreen until it was late in the day! I am burned to a crisp and having cold chills. I am cheering the girls on from my bed under covers. I may read in between sleeps

cubs have beat the cardinals in last two games. Tonight is hockey! Let’s go blues

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I read someplace that smearing menthol shave cream on a sunburn takes the burn out. I sent it on to Sierra since she burns also. Don;t know if it works but worth trying anything right? Cards forgot to send their pitchers on this trip or the ones they sent are doing a crappy job! Today is another day. They interviewed the pitcher for tonight and he said his wife made the trip but was leaving to go to the Blues game and not staying to watch him pitch. Everyone is waiting for the game tonight!!

Good Morning! Sunny & pleasant. Not hot....yet.

Yesterday was good. Went to several garage sales in the morning. Got Cork 3 pr of brand new looking jeans for work. Hopefully he keeps one pair for non-working hours. At the next to last GS I was talking with the ladies and the one ordered a choc meringue pie. I delivered it because we planned to go into town, and didn't want to worry about getting home in time. Cork got off work at noon. We hit up a few more garage sales before going to WM.

Cork mowed, and I went down to the pool with Kathy & Matt when they brought Blaise home. It's starting to look decent. Still needs a bit more work. Blaise went swimming before we put the cover back on. I spent the rest of the evening making & baking pies and icing the cookies. I got it all done by 1145. Mel didn't msg me until 10pm when they were closing. Aunt J wanted a pie too, and I needed two empty crusts for strawberry pies.

This morning we went to church & SS. I'm working on the strwbry pies right now. Waiting for the goop to cool a bit. Will deliver the pies to Mel's afterwards. Going to make Orange Chicken for cards tonight plus one of the stwbry pies. Becca is coming down and going to be our 4th person.

Did I tell you that Kathy & I sat down and worked out a schedule for June & July for times she's going to have him? A couple times it's going to be for a whole week!!! I'll miss the booger, but I might actually get the house cleaned & it stay that way.

Back to work. Good to see you all....have a good one!

Comment

good afternoon

and you ladies do not KNOW how much you miss Not getting to eat Donna's pie... the new flavor is Bumbleberry.. a mixed of tart fruit..
          That is what she made me, to serve my guests today.... picked it up and sample it immediately... I'm not usually a berry pie eater.. but this is delicious!....
          the guests today are Davids 95 yr old uncle... ..Davids father had a much younger sister, then his father and mother had D. when they were only 17. so his Aunt would been only about 6 yrs older than him....Thus ,,,,,, an Uncle (in-law)..who is 95 to DAvid's 87..
          ......He is a widower, lives alone. almost blind.. His son is bringing him. to visit ,, at my request... one of my favorite people...

Karlin, that is one of our favorite meals .serve at least once a week.

oops gotta go.. I hear voices ,,, see you later.

Comment

Beth - please be careful. With chills, and a really bad sunburn, you could have sun poisoning.
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

We have had a great day. And food to go with it!
              when I finally got here we all went to Red Robin and then home.
              Hydrangeas growing outside at the mall!

Comment

Working...
              X