Saturday, June 08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, June 08

Good morning Rounders! A thunderstorm is just ending and I know we got some good rain. Hurrah! The birds are waking up and I hear them chirping. Now they can get busy and get some worms. I will turn off the irrigation system cuz we are supposed to have a week more of rain.

DH was worn out after PT yesterday.

I am almost finished with my book, Winter of the World and we've started a new puzzle. This one is a brain teaser. It's a soda fountain with all kinds of hidden objects within the puzzle. Interesting.

I sure hope some of my seeds start sprouting so we can have a beautiful display of color this summer. I was online yesterday and saw where this guy had hybridized zinnia's and they were just magnificent variations of color and form. I never knew there were so many kinds of zinnia's, but I do love them.

What's happening in your digs? Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Or at least for us....I woke to sirens & looked out my bedroom window. They were stopping at the intersection at the edge of our property. ANOTHER accident that life flight was called to. On the field trip last week I was talking to the one mom that lives a half mile down the road from us. We were comparing accidents. Their intersection is terrible too. One day last year there was a terrible accident around 5am and then another around 530pm. People just fly on this road.

Yesterday was good for the most part. Didn't get near done what I had hoped. I baked 4 pies. The strawberry pie goop didn't set up good enough, so I scooped it all out of the crust, warmed up the filling and thickened it some more, baked another empty shell, and put it all back together again. Worked that time. Blaise got home early....last day of school. He had karate. Took him to Kathy's afterwards for the night. Matt made cabbage & noodles, and boy was that good. Kathy & I sat with our calendars and worked out a schedule for June & July.

Cork is working today, so I've got a good chunk of the day all to myself. Need to bake off the sugar cookies & get them iced for church tomorrow and get the trays arranged. Going to go check out a couple close by garage sales after breakfast. Yesterday I went to a couple. Got some clothes for Blaise, and this comfy chair for Matt...he loved it. Now if Cork was home we would have been gone by now, and heading into town to a bunch of those sales. I may pop into town later, but I don't know that I'll go to many sales if any. I need milk and I think I'll get more strawberries to make another pie for tomorrow. We'll see. Got the bed stripped and need to do some laundry. I want to hang my sheets out to dry.

Well the accident scene is almost all cleaned up. The van looked horrible. They had to cut the top off to get to the passengers. It had drove up the neighbor's hillside, so it wasn't easy for the medics to get to the people. Taking them out the back was probably the easiest way. The neighbor's hillside that he has nicely groomed is a bit messy now. Thank God nobody was killed.

Not sure when Blaise is coming home. Think I'll grill some chicken for dinner. Glad you got some rain KA. Doesn't rainy season mean hurricanes? Wasn't Winter of the World made into a movie? If so, I think I saw it.

Have a good one all! JoG...you didn't answer yesterday whether the place you chose is the one close to your daughter.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Hurricane Season has started also, but we really needed that rain. I don't know about the movie, I've never seen it.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Now you've done it! I'll have to get some strawberries when I go shopping again. You're bad for my sugar passion.

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, there is a movie. I looked online.

Good morning.
    still cleaning out stuff here. I was myself ”what moved me to cut out all those ToH recipes?”
    Im discarding most, but still keeping some I may want to play with.
    crafting stuff is next.
    Im going to be busier than a one-armed paperhanger, til I move.

karlinann, I’m so glad you got rain. Maxie, so glad you didn’t!

To everyone, have a great day! ☀️

Cookie, I thought I did. My daughter #4 says she is in walking distance
    of my apartment. She also says I’m very close to the sister hospital of the one I’m at currently. I’m actually fairly close to all my Phx daughters.
    My WA & NM daughters say it will be easier to visit me here, and I will see more of them. My son may stop over more frequently, too.

Last edited by JoGee; 06-08-2019, 08:13 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to be closer to your kids. Take care and do not overdo until you move..

Morning! Congrats on the rain...I'm glad it isn't here! But it has gotten cooler. I do hate to give up the heat...

The neighbor is having a tree cut down this morning and it is rather noisy here. Can't complain because Jon made the arrangements for her and it is Andrew's uncle doing the job. So I sacrifice a Saturday morning sleep and have to it nicely.

One of the new shrubs I planted in the landscaping is looking sickly. I want to go out today and feed it. Darn everyone one of them look so good and now suddenly this one and thank goodness it is just one. Wish I knew why a plant in the middle is suddenly looking bad. Every other plant we planted this spring has done so well. There is a planted pot that was singed when the guys were making a fire for hot dogs...You needed a fire that big and could not move a planted pot out of the way? Jon is on vacay this coming week and is suppose to clean up the back..cut the grass. Thank goodness we pay a kid to do the front!! Today I am going to run the vac and dust. Cards/Cubs play tonight and my book is getting good. May not have time for housework..

Looks like I am going to have to dress before going out to the patio this morning. Now that is an inconvenience!!!! Enjoy your rain Karlinann. Those lawns will be lush again! I have seen large zinnias but not to many colors. Wonder how hearty they are? You cannot kill a normal zinnia or an old fashioned petunia.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Zinnia's are one of the toughest flowers I've ever seen. They bloom all summer and into fall until the frost gets them. Actually, we don't usually get frost until almost winter so I think they really perform exceedingly well for the cost of a pack of seeds. Of course you can buy the plant seedlings for abracadabra, presto, magic! I love the California Giants and you will be amazed how many colors are in one pack. There are red, yellow, pink, fuschia, peach, yellow with red, red with yellow, and an orange yellow combo.

Good morning. Yesterday was good. Today I will spend the day at the ball park with my cousin and her daughter play all day. They are spending night then we head back to the ball park for more games.

Comment

good busy morning! I am almost ready to walk out the door for the flight to see Stuart and family. Rylie won a ton of awards at her Senior awards ceremony and one was School Hero: voted on by the whole school and just really great. So proud of her!

It was nice yesterday and today will be in the high 80's but next week it is all about the triple digits!! 110* for the dya I get back. but didn't I say Iwould not complain? I am going to get out in my pool and exercise!

Yay for that rain, Karlinann!
      And for the strawberry pie!

I will hook up to my son's wifi but will be on my phone, so I can read but the posting is a challenge for me.

Have a great day and take care!
      Jo, those ToH recipes and magazines are some of the hardest for me to give up. and the Southern Living ones. I have kept most of the Christmas issues. those cakes on the front keep telling me someday I will make it!

When I get back, I will be clearing out my room and this office. Looking for a Graduation card for Rylie I found where I had put the screen cleaner wipes I had bought! Like having a whole new supply.

I am off!

Comment

delayed flight means I will miss my connection but have time to find some good food!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          We always enjoyed airport layovers. Food, shopping and plain old people watching. Hope yours isn't to long...
      Working...
      X