Friday, June 07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, June 07

Good morning Rounders! Oh my goodness, JoGee, that place is swanky! Congratulations! A theatre, library, dining room, plus all the other rooms. I can see you living a very good life there, making new friends, and getting involved in groups. You did good!

DH has fasting lab this morning and then a PT appt. at 9 am. I got our house scrubbed up yesterday and one load of laundry done. I also used the box that DH's ankle brace came in to pack away some last minute Christmas items away that had already gathered a layer of dust in the garage. At least now they are in a box and covered.

My potted plants are going to be okay and they get a little morning sun and a little evening sun. They are now living on the Lanai and I trimmed all the scorched leaves away and they look green and healthy again.

Still no liquid stuff here. Help!

Aunt Maye I'm so glad you had an outing. It's important to our mental health to take a breather once in awhile. It's too bad D does not have a really good friend to come and sit with him and let him reminisce and keep him occupied.

Our neighbor that had the huge Live Oak tree removed last year had the stump and roots removed yesterday. He said he was having their driveway extended to that area to make it wide enough to accommodate their autos. Oh that stump grinder machine was so loud, but they took it all out and now it's a flat area.

I watched the new Mountain Men show last evening. It was so good, but I still don't know which one will not be coming back for sure. I think it's Tom. We'll see. Also, when Eustice found that moonshine still on his property I could not believe it. His helper blew it up. I'm anxious to see what the will happen. Do any of you watch MM?

I need to eat my cheerios. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

JoGee, it looks like you'll be living in "style". The building is ,in my notion, pretty. And all the water ponds or gardens are so inviting. Maybe you can at least enjoy them in the early morning or late evening hours. You sure know how to make a person envy.

This morning I have to take my S-I-L back to the eye surgeon for the follow up of last weeks laser surgery. Then back home to do more yard work. I guess JoGee won't have to worry about anymore yard work.

Can you tell I'm VERY envy of you, JoGee?

Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning! Yesterday turned out beautiful.

Yesterday was semi productive. I had to ice Mel's carrot cake. Went out to the covered porch to get a block of cream cheese out of that refrig, and noticed how filthy the carpet was. Shook out the rugs, vacuumed the carpet, and then decided it needed scrubbed. Definitely wasn't on my agenda for the day, but it looks so much better. Got the cake iced, then picked up Aunt J for lunch. We had a nice visit. Came home and was so tired, so took a nap.

It hit me I had to run into town to get strawberries because Mel wants a SB pie today. Kathy actually arrived to clean the pool while I was gone. We then spent the next 3 hrs cleaning the pool. She got in with the vacuum, and I was in charge of stopping the pump & cleaning out the filter basket ever minute or so. Definitely a 2 person job. The sun just sucked the energy right out of me. Kathy requested chicken squares for dinner, so I made those when we came in. By the time she left around 8pm, I FINALLY got my energy back, and eventually made Cork's pasta for his lunches for the week. He's only getting Sundays off now. He's working 6/10's. We need it. That man has been buying tools off Amazon like crazy.

This morning I'm going to be making 4 pies....strawberry, bumble berry, cherry, and baked lemon. Today is Blaise's last day of school. I remembered to change my cell phn alarm so I remember to go out and get him. He has karate tonight & then I'm taking him down to Kathy's to stay the night. I may slip down the road and check out one of the yard sales. I'm going to have to go by myself this weekend since Cork will be working.

JoG….looks nice! Now is this the one close to your daughter & hospital? It sounded like the logical one to live.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning!!!Maxie how bout those Blues?? Let’s go blues!

I didnt do a whole lot yesterday. I turn in my paper work at the assisted living that I will be volunteering at. I am excited. I will be there 2 hours 2 days a week to start with.

Today I am going to grants farm with friends.

Comment

Good morning! ☕️
          Thank you.......yes, it is a lovely place, well kept inside and out. I was lucky, because it is not as high priced as many of the Senior homes.
          The other residents are very nice, friendly, and welcoming. DD said that when she entered the building, she felt enveloped by calm and pleasantness. But lots of large windows seem to bring the beauty of the outside to the inside. I can get free rides to my doctor appointments. Plus there are daily activities, as well as shopping days, and the transportation is all free.
          Now I can dig in to getting rid of 90% of what’s left of our belongings.
          I need to shop for a walker that has a seat on it. It will help me to get around better.
          This week I see my oncologist, so I will be getting a referral to a doctor near the new place.
          But there still is work to finish up here.

DD is ready to get start the day. I need to get dressed. The guy from the school system will drop by to get all the boxes of electronics bits for robotics.

Have a great day! ☀️

Last edited by JoGee; 06-07-2019, 09:18 AM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning! How about those Blues? Woot woot!!!! One more win and we take it all...beating those Bruins and Boston fans would be so sweet.

But back to earth. Jo the senior living is beautiful. I am so happy for you...this is the one within walking distance of your daughter? Gather your kids again and lets get this move started! Beth did you find a watch party? They will be wild Sunday. Cardinals won yesterday and now start a series with the Cubs. Now Beth and I cheer against each other.....

Today I am aggravated at my son. I went out last night at 10:30 and shut the shed he was suppose to shut, His testing kit is sitting on the coffee table for 2 days, he did not carry the table to the front porch after I am the one who carried the chairs. Then I barely had my eyes open and Sierra is texting about how much she still owes on car insurance. And she has a copay on her phone repair tonight and needs groceries. I feel so sorry for her and it is all I have to not pick up some expenses but if I do that she will never learn. Money is tight when you start out and having a contributing partner would be a real nice plus. I will never let her starve or sink into debt but she has to learn and then she has to see what a loser bf is. Growing up is hard but she has to do it. Doing without is going to be hard for her. And I hate it! I'll call my sistr latr and she will give me a pep talk.

My Niece called yesterday and is on vacay next week. She and her SO and my sister are coming Wednesday for lunch out. Then my sister called and arranged a shopping trip for Tuesday. Lots of girl time next week! SO I have to spend the weekend cleaning but I am pretty sure I won;t get any help. The more I do the more it is my job and I thought only your husband treated you that way and not your son! Since the kids are gone he is a pig!

Andrew's mom called last night and he is sick. She is taking him to the doctor this morning. What a way to start the summer.. Everything is finally done pollinating around here so it is not allergies. Some ole summer bug I hope.

Yesterday I bought a small peice of ham but is there ever a small piece? I will heat it in the crock pot and mash potatoes. Bought corn on the cob but it did not get cleaned...another job undone...I will try but my thumbs and wrist are bothering me. Carrying in groceries yesterday hurt my shoulder. I am a mess and I am so angry with my son! He is on vacay next week and if he thinks I will spend it picking up after him while he lays around he is sorely mistaken...Jo got a second bedroom in that palatial place? Anyone need a boarder, must be a warm climate!

Did not rain yesterday and not today. It is staying south. No rain until Saturday evening. Rivers are finally cresting but will be a while until the water goes down. National Guard has been filling sand bags and the police department ask for meals to be provided. I think that was a nice gesture to make them feel welcome and to thank them but you should have heard people of fb. I just do not understand why people are so nasty. If you hate that much just turn into a hermit and shut up. They are probably first in line when it comes to getting something from someone else. If some kid had been ordered to stand in the heat and fill sand bags to save my home or business I would certainly be grateful. Is there any love left in the world? I know it is just a few but geeze, just shut the heck up ya know?

Ok, I have a lot more gripes and complaints so will close for now. Going out to dead head some plants and pull a few weeds in the front. His garden will be overtaken by weeds but that is another of his chores not getting done. Cards and Cubs this afternoon and I have my book. Have a great one everyone. Maye glad you got out for a while. Do not overdo Jostoy...relax. Donna you too!!

Comment

Maxie, I am with you! for one day would they all just shut the heck up???

I think we are all ready to say Sleepover at Jo's! Like I said yesterday (I hope I said it) it looks like a resort. I hope the move goes smoothly and you can get in as sooon as possible. Grateful they were ok with the requests, Jo.

today is th first day of summer break for the kids and of course, the weather has turned cool. Like windy last night and I had to shut the window kind of cool. And definitely too cool for the pool, but kids usually have to make that choice themselves after a few jumps in and out.
              All my swim towels are ready and we have two pizzas today and cookies (the kind I do not like) and it will be a fun day.
              The weather and wind started in yesterday late afternoon and I bet it was not fun for the girls with their hair whipping around for graduation but much better for the family in the stands than our usual heat...

I need to make a list of the packing and jobs I need to do before I leave in the morning. My flight leaves at 10:30 am and since it is a small airport I can get there an hour earlier and not worry too much: being one of the last to board (ugh) I am trying to stay calm and not think of all the stepping over and around people I may have to do. Fortunately there are only two seats on each side so I will either have a window or aisle. I prefer the aisle so you want to bet what seat will be left? Whatever...and the SFO flight will be a three sets each side and I don't even want to think aobut that...It is all my fault for just grabbing the price and not reading that United is very different from Delta and Southwest.

Enough complaining form me. I amso happy to read aobut all the positive things you all post.
              Hope the summer bug is over and Andrew can enjoy the break. And Your TEam Wins!
              Pies sound delish, Donna and all those customers are lucky to live where they can get your goodies as often as they want.
              Jostoy, I admire you for all your abilities and determination! Take care of yourself.
              Beth, can't wait to hear about your volunteering.
              Everyone, please have a good day and take care of yourself!

Comment

This hadn’t happen

Comment

Who knows what that mess above means?
                  the three girls jumped in the pool and never fussed at all!
                  not one gasp, scream or shriek ! I guess I will be swimming as soon as I get back from WA.

Comment

Working...
                  X