Thursday, June 06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, June 06

Good morning Rounders! I'm still begging for rain. Even with a 60% chance we didn't get a drop.

Today is cleaning day! Aren't you envious?

We stocked up at Aldi's yesterday. They still had some of the wax melts so I bought another one. They smell so good and you get 3 for 1.69 per package.

I am going to go outside as soon as daylight comes and trim my blackberries. The one bush had quite a few berries this year, but they are far from lush and some of the branches are dead. It says you should trim only after the 2nd year and that time has come. I do have new shoots coming off the one that didn't perform. There is hope.

Paula, I don't know how you run the daycare. You must be so young and young at heart. I would not have the patience.

Cookielady, you are building your business and I think that is great. YOU GO GIRL! When you write about the pies my mouth waters. I definitely don't need to be eating pie, but I did buy some Georgia Peaches at Aldi's yesterday! Did you know that South Carolina produces more peaches? Most folks do not.

It's time for me to get up now cuz I see daylight. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's almost a perfect morning. The temps aren't cold, but a nice summer cool. Now if the sun would shine like they promised. Yesterday we got rain. Too bad we couldn't trade KA!

Yesterday was good. Got pies delivered, mixed up 4 kinds of cookie dough, and baked off two of them. SIL stopped by to pick up her butterscotch pie and we had a nice chat. I'm so blessed! We had a real meal for dinner. Blaise didn't like it, but then what else is new. At one point I threatened to put soap in his mouth because he was being so rude. Spent most of the evening reading & texting with friends.

One of my friends from church was visiting her daughter's boyfriend who is in the hospital. He went for a normal eye check up a couple weeks ago, and the eye doctor told him to go to his PCP immediately. A week later he was having brain surgery. Well there have been so many complications. And where is his family who is local. No where to be seen. How can you do that? He's been in ICU most of the time. Our church has been praying for him, and she's kept our SS class members updated on him. She gave the link to send him an ecard. I sent him one with a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Well they fed him chicken broth last night & he threw that right up. I told her to tell him my "soup" was to be healing him. Patty & her gang are hysterical. Like a walking comedy show, but the poor kid can't laugh because it hurts too much.
    This morning I'm going to start baking off the last two kinds of dough....gingersnaps & sugar cookies. So far Aunt Janet & I are meeting for lunch. About a month late celebrating her BD. Now if Uncle Dave just behaves himself while she's out. I need to get into town at some point & get some strawberries since Mel ordered a strawberry pie for tomorrow.

KA...yea, right...I'm real ENVIOUS of you cleaning.....NOT!!!! Though I'd rather clean than go out & weed. Being a babysitter is way down on that list too, so more power to Paula. Funny how we all have our different likes & dislikes. I'd rather bake you a pie in a 90 degree kitchen than do the previously mentioned.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..I went back to the dietician yesterday. Down two more pounds. I need to add more veggies.

Today I turn in my application to volunteer. I am getting a hair cut and tonight watch the blues play!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Lgb!!!!!!!

Good morning...Boy I sure do wish we could send this rain on! Rained early last evening and what went through as a cold front yesterday is coming back up as a warm front today and bringing, ta da...rain. Temps dropped from 93 to 70 in a matter of an hour. The Cardinal game was postponed. But nothing cancels a hockey game and we have one tonight!! Anyone wonder where I will be this evening?

Sierra is coming tomorrow after work so I think I will go out an buy some ham slices and mash potatoes with corn on the cob tomorrow. That means I have to shop today! She is getting the screen on her phone fixed and AT&T is sending the repairman here...so I hear. That may possibly mean we will not have to put up with the bf. It would be wonderful to have her alone. And ham sounds so good!!

Got my hair cut yesterday and it feels so good. Ran into one of my school chums at the gas pump and we had a nice chat. Today is school chum lunch day but I begged off...actually I told them I had an appointment so basically I lied. I went last month! She and I passed more information in those few minutes than we have in months of lunches. To many people and to many conversations. If something happens of interest she always text me to let me know. Anyway, the gist of that story is that gas was 2.84 yesterday but down the road I saw it was 2.78. I paid the higher price because I am lucky that way....

Being different is what makes the world interesting. I could never babysit children...I never had any patience and do not think every child is wonderful, perfect or talented. And we all know the best pie I ever baked came from a box. Thank goodness for you other productive and loving people out there!!

While out today I think I will stop at the produce stand and see if there are any peaches...thanks for making my mouth water Karlinann. Guessing they are coming in from Mexico and better enjoy them now before we cannot afford fruit anymore. Not peach season around here yet and some years there are no peaches. Last watermelon was wonderful so maybe I will try a cantaloupe or honey dew. It is June and we have not had much summer. The advance weather outlook shows our trip to the lake will have temps in the 70s. Now that is a week out but holy cow!

Guess I'll go start the day. Have been up since 4:00 then watched some of the D Day ceremonies in France. My dad said he landed in France after D Day...he was replacement troops. Also saw a news segment on the Rosie the Riveters, even interviewed a couple. You do what you have to do and the country worked together...shame that is not the case now. Never saw such political division out there now. So much hate and I wonder if anything could bring us back together.

Well enough gibberish and what I watched on tv. Hope to see you all at the hockey game tonight...Beth another watch party?

Comment

Good morning.
        We get 98° here in Tucson today, but we are heading to Phx where it is going to hit 102° today.
        Ive made a decision already, so only one place to visit, I’m aiming for a July move, hopefully. I hope they can meet my requirements, but I need to be in the main building. I really don’t ask for much, but I’m not getting around well.
        DD/NM & I will be home by evening.
        She wants me to trade my walker for one with a seat in it.....or maybe get a lightweight scooter, the one that folds itself up.

Donna, she remembers those pumpkin pies she ordered from you one year. Best ever, and they arrived in very good shape.

So, busy hot day ahead.
        We will be leaving within the hour.
        We were invited to lunch at the senior home (free food!)

have a a great day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh, you all make my day! the friendly chats going back and forth...talk of food and family!
          I have to say right now, I totally do not think all kids are adorable, etc. I remember when I first worked in Kindrgarten the teacher I worked with said to me, There is a child that his parents must listen to every word he says! I didn't et it until I had been there a bit: he had to talk to you about every little detail of his day and moment and receive your validation...so tiring. There are those in daycare that are the same way.
          To be honest, I recognized which ones of my own children were not the cutest or the best at everything, so I think it is ok to recognize that in others.

Karlinann, young at heart makes up a world of difference!

Speaking of peaches a friend from CO dropped in yesterday and told me her son works for an organic peach orchard! In CO! It is in a small valley and has peaches and cherries. She showed me pictures that were of the same beautiful types of peaches as we grow out here (ours are bought up by Del Monte, mostly). I was not thinking of CO as a peach growing area, at all.
          Our early peaches have just come on and are at the fruit stands in the orchards now.

It was a wonderful 68* at 6:30 when I went out to feed the cat. It will be in the 90's today (lower than the high 90's yesterday) and only to the upper 80's tomorrow.

I am finally getting excited to leave for a 4 day weekend. I have decided to stop stressing over the flight and just remember my friend and her very old mother who do it all the time.

Ok, do you know how wonderful your gas prices sound to me? We were happy when we saw last weekend the prices came down to 3.79.
          That gas price is the reason Becky gave up her idea of a larger car and bought a Honda Civic. She sees the need for practicality over dreams.

YIkes! the time has totally got away from me and I need to say have a wondrufl day.
          D-Day remembrance of the truth that Freedom isn't free and we all need to live and speak up for the Freedoms fought for.

Be back to see how you all are doing.
          Jo, good luck with the home search. I hope they see the benefit of providing for you and having such a great tenant!
          Is today a game or something??? lol!
          go Blues!

Comment

I’ll make this short and sweet because I’m getting ready to go to lunch with the ladies.

Alexa what’s the temperature right now. It is 73°F. Expect a temperature of 84° today. Rain is expected in about 25 minutes. (YUCK!)

6A0809AA-49F8-4176-9E7C-68A6D1B1E453.jpeg

Have a great day everybody! I will try to get back later today.

Attached Files
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

if I only knew how to post a picture!
              i needed Pat to post my profile picture and it is 4 years old!
              you look great, Val!

Comment

Hello everyone..
                Oh Boy.!!!..I had the rain yesterday..It is so dry here..And more rain it is coming..
                Let everyone that i am here..Working hard..I have little helpers too..

Comment

good evening

yes Donna and I did get out to lunch today... and her and I got to chat!!!...David was all in one piece when I got home... don't know if He Behaved... later told me about being out to the garage.. ???? oh Well,,, He is an adult.. if he falls and ends up bed-fast with broken??? ..he will only have himself to blame....and I will make a terrible ,bossy ,grumpy nurse . ...

But it was so good to get out in the public, and chatter away with Donna... I miss my "Lady" time.. and I am so tired of hearing the old War stories..( david was in Korea a year)... thats one one the reason I come here and read all the above with a smile on my face.

I'm crocheting .. I wish I knew how to post pictures so I could show you my winters,spring work.I'll tried to get a granddaughter here to help me one day..soon and show me how OR just do it for me.

Hi Punkin,,, looking sassy .dear friend// nice afghan in the background..

ok, I'm being paged by hubby.. see you all tomorrow

Comment

I did it! I signed papers and will own a new address by July 1st!
                    Now to finish up here ASAP.

https://www.seniorlifestyle.com/property/thunderbird/
                    ​​​​​​​
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Wow! I am impressed! That looks like a resort!

Comment

It’s very reasonably priced, plus I got a $300 discount. The tour guide remembered both me and Ellis from last October.
                        She brought up our interests, and described Ellis’ personality, and recalled some of my skills that we had talked about.
                        The food there is excellent. There are 2 ponds or “water gardens” , complete with live ducks (beautiful mallards).

My apartment is in a quiet section, in the main building, and has a very nice view of the mountains.
                        Last edited by JoGee; 06-06-2019, 09:24 PM.
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                        X