Wednesday, June 05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, June 05

Good morning Rounders! I've been up for hours working on a new puzzle. Fun!

Today is trash pick up and Aldi's shopping day. I have to shop double today, cuz next week we have 5 appts. between us. Gas prices went up to 2.60 yesterday and we didn't get any on Monday, but I wish we'd waited in that line now. It was only 2.44. Ridiculous! I thought they would wait until the weekend to jack it up.

I found 2 bedside tables and a small, but tall decorative table in the trash on the curb yesterday morning. I brought them home and washed them up and put the bedside tables in the family room beside the computer. They have 2 drawers each and I stored all kinds of office junk in them. I used the small but tall oak table beside my recliner in the family room and I will find a small lamp for it or get a pillar candle that smells delicious. I love free stuff. The drawers are deep in those tables and they have been taken care of.

We only got a few drops of rain. Oh dear, we desperately need some liquid stuff here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...yesterday was good but long! Worked out in the morning...swam and got sunburn in the afternoon. No plan today except dr apt. And church

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Swimming sounds fun!

Morning...going to be sunny and hot until evening then storms. We totally missed yesterday's rain..it went just south of us and rain delayed the ballgame in St. Louis for an hour and a half. Today's weather is coming from the north so we will not miss it. Had to water the potted plants last night!

Today is haircut day!!!! Always a favorite day for me. I will get gas while out so will compare our prices with yours Karlinann. Jon was talking with ANdrew's mom last night and she is going to start sending him back here for meals! School has been out for a couple of days and she said she cannot afford to feed him...Plus she is having to cook. Boy am I enjoying NOT having to cook!!

I went out yesterday and scrubbed the chairs for the front porch. I am hoping the bench just needs power washed. Since we cannot string enough days together to stain the porch deck I am just going to put it together...it is June already! Easy enough to move it off if a drought hits. Maybe I can stop and pick up some petunia 's to put in the new pot I bought back in April. Hope I can still find some. It got hot yesterday afternoon and the heat and gnats drove me in. These buffalo gnats are suppose to leave in another couple of weeks but with all the flooding I dunno. People all over the area are complaining they cannot sit out...they bite and the bites welt and itch plus we have the normal gnats that have gone out and multiplied! Places are advertising spraying your yards for mosquitos...omg, give me a break. It rains everyday and the floods have claimed all the farm fields and they can spray for mosquitos? I don't think so!

Sun has disappeared so something is going on out there. Must be that passing morning shower. Need to get a pedi this week since Jon and Kate are both on vacation next week and planning trips. We were suppose to do Disney this summer but Sierra's accident broke our bank around here. If we wait to many summers I will need a wheelchair to do all that walking. I am thinking maybe the next doctor trip I will ask about some strength exercises. Did those balancing exercises help you Jostoy? I stumble around here because my knees don;t work and because I have no balance! Hey, I have a niece with a master's degree in physical therapy...I can ask her for free! Tell her if she can't help me now she can help push the wheelchair next summer on vacay!

I'd take my second cup of coffee to the patio but it is currently being patrolled by the gnats. They are possessive things!!

Have a great day.

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yesterday was first day, but I do know my back hurts from them. I have 5 different exercises to do here, and that will probably take an hour out of my day. Guess he expects me to be better tomorrow when I go back. I will hold to my theory of the "unbalance" being caused by my meds.

Maxie, you probably need to see an ortho Doc about those knees.

Good Morning! The sun WAS out, but the clouds have rolled in AGAIN. Yesterday was pretty all day.

Yesterday was good. No nasty headache. Actually got things done, just not on my schedule.

Went grocery shopping first thing, then came home and got the kitchen cleaned up. Met a lady at her garage sale Saturday, and ask her to come by to chat. She has worked at several bakeries & restaurants. Her moto...if you have time to lean, you have time to clean. She sounds motivated & not a slacker. Anyways, She got here around 1145 and didn't leave until 345. That shot my day. She's chatty, but very friendly. I offered her a chance to work with Sue & me. She'd like to do craft shows, and I told her that if she got the shows & did all the leg work, that btw the 3 of us we would get the goodies made. She's also a big believer in giving samples. Told her we'd give it a try.

She left & it was almost time to get Blaise off the bus. I did get the 12 crm pies eventually made & in the freezers. Monday I made enough cherry & bumble berry pie fillings to do another pie of each, which was a good thing because those are the two kinds that Mel ordered for today, so I got those two pies made & baked late last night along with a cherry pie with the remaining filling to give to the morning bus drive. He LOVES pie & I've been starting the school year out by giving him a pie & ending it with a pie as a thank you. He now smiles & waves. Got to sweeten him up. LOL!

This morning I'm going to get busy and mix up cookie doughs and fill two small pie crusts with the new butterscotch pie filling I'm trying. My SIL & neighbor lady will be my judges. I want to give cookies to Blaise's two teachers, and I'm in charge of the cookie table on Sunday. Need at least 10 doz cookies for that. I'm making sugar cookies, gingersnaps, choc chip, and mini gobbs.

I cooked a real meal last night, so I don't know if I'll be that kind again tonight. LOL!

Have a good one all! KA...I love free stuff too! Our gas has come down to $2.82. Maxie...I'm losing my cell phn all the time, and that's why I keep a landline..so I can call my cell & find it! LOL!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      My family knows that if they call and I do not answer to call right back. It takes me the first call to find the phone!

Good morning. ☀️
    Just checking in today.
    Today my DD from NM will arrive. Tomorrow, early, we will head to Phx to check out the last 2 senior homes. I will make a choice of one of them. Both seem nice. But one is in “walking distance” to one of my DDs house, plus is a “stones throw” to the sister hospital to the one I visit here.
    Time to get my day started. I’m definitely going to need a nap before DD arrives, as I got just 4 hours last night.
    Have a great day! ☕️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I missed yesterday because of a doctors appointment that didn’t go too well. I love my doctor, but he didn’t give me the news I wanted to hear. He agrees with my neurologist. UGH!

Today, we are having thunderstorms and it is hot and muggy! Another UGH!

Cookielady - that is exactly why I have both a cell phone and a landline!

JoG - I hate that you are having to move. I hope you find a place that you love and where you are loved! I really lucked out when I found this apartment complex that I am in. The people are the best! They even come down to pick up my trash because I can’t get to the dumpster. I am so pampered. I hope you find this kind of place for you.

I got my hair cut this morning and he did a really good job. What’s even better is that he comes to the house. I also had a visit from the home healthcare nurse. So today has already been very busy. I did actually manage to get in 3 cups of coffee (which I will regret! LOL)

I am doing laundry and I am trying to make myself get up and take the clothes out of the washer and put in the dryer. (It is like unloading the dishwasher! )

I guess I better go and do that So they will dry before I have to get ready to go to church. I have Mass and prayer meeting tonight!

WOW, speaking of the good people here, they just came to pick up my trash!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

posting from my phone
        My day is pretty much a repeat of all daycare days just counting the days till I see my son Stuart and his family.
        it is hot here and I still can’t go swimming due to a week of appointments and meetings!

have a good healthy day

Comment

Working...
        X