Tuesday, June 04

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, June 04

Good morning Rounders! My referral went through and hopefully I will be able to get a knee injection next Wednesday. Those injections are supposed to be good and last for a long time, so I'm praying they will give me one. I've suffered for a year.

Today is Physical Therapy for dh and not much else. We went out to lunch yesterday and it was good to get out there. I love it that we have a good Italian restaurant really close by and the prices/specials are very reasonable.

My garden has been sort of neglected for awhile. If it does not rain soon I don't hold out much hope of it surviving. I can't afford to stand out there and water it in between irrigation days, which is only 2 days a week. Our water bill would be outrageous. I'm praying for some rain here.

I'm thinking I may put some beans in the crockpot with that ham bone left over from Easter. I just like to have some beans and rice cooked up in case I need something quick to reheat, plus I love beans and rice.

I need to do some cleaning, but I have vertigo and it probably won't happen today. Every time I empty the dryer filter it gets me messed up. I keep forgetting I cannot breathe that dust. It happens every single time.

Well, that is my story for now. What's going on in your neck of the woods. Peace & Plenty. Oh, btw, gas is $2.44 a gallon here.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! I had to switch the furnace off this morning. It's suppose to FINALLY get warm today. At this rate our pool will never get warm enough to swim in.

Yesterday was OK. I woke up and was full of energy and rearing to go. Well that didn't last long. I did get the pies baked, but that was the extent of my productivity pretty much. I got a headache and it drained me. I don't know how my cousin that gets migraines continues on. I did go out to lunch with Linda from the farm stand. I delivered their 3 pies. We got talking with some of the surrounding diners, and oh was it a fun animated talk about pies. People love to talk pie. I came home, and ended up taking a long nap, and felt somewhat better, but not enough. I did make & bake 12 oreo crusts ready to be filled today. I wanted to do those yesterday, but it just didn't happen. Took Blaise to karate, and had a nice chat with two other grandmas while we waited.

This morning I plan to head into town as soon as Blaise gets on the bus. Then home to start mixing up and baking. I text the lady I talked to at the garage sale on Saturday, and she's coming at noon. I want to see if she was serious about working for me, and what her ideas are. Just testing the waters. She wouldn't be replacing Sue, but rather helping to grow the business.

Kathy is SUPPOSE to be coming later today to sweep the bottom of the pool. That's her job. We'll see. Shall we take bets? She's very good at it, and she offered.

Oh...Blaise won second place out of 24 in yesterday's "flight" contests. He might have gone all the way, but he eventually just threw his "astronaut" basket & it landed upside down and killed the egg astronaut. He was thrilled. That's what counted.

Best get busy. Hope a headache doesn't appear & ruin the day again. Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning! Hate to say this to Karlinann but we are going to have rain and showers for the rest of the week. Weather guys said it will affect the river crests and move them back. Karlinann is praying for rain and we are praying it will stop! Not going to warm up here either Cookie but it has not been cold enough to run the furnace just cool-ish. I will be willing to bet when the heats comes we will begging for mercy!

So as our hoarse friend Beth already wrote the Blues won last night!! It was the best game of the series if not the entire season. To win is so great but to beat that egotistical Boston is sweet. We are back in Boston for Thursday's game them back in St. Louis Sunday. This is so exciting!

Today I need to get to the DMV and renew the car registration. Since I will be across the street form the insurance agency I will go in and pay Sierra's insurance. Since her rates went up so high she is paying me twice a month but it still needs to be paid monthly so I am doing that without her knowing and her thinking she can skip a payment. I trust her but I do not trust this bf.

I never called for a haircut so need to do that this morning. Got into my book and read all afternoon. I am liking this summer schedule and no cooking. Last night there was leftover pork roast that I had shredded and Jon BBQ'd so we had sandwiches when we felt like eating. I'll be close to KFC today so maybe I will pick up a couple of meals for tonight. Cardinals play tonight and I am starting the 4th and last book of the series....at least I hope it is the last of the series...I really want to know how it all wraps up. Each book has sub plots that end but the main story is continuing through all the books. AHHH!!

Must do laundry. All my Blues shirts are dirty! It is all I have been wearing for the last week. Guess today I will have to wear a Cardinal shirt. Who needs clothes when you have your team shirts? You people have no idea what a snazzy dresser I am!

Sun is peeking out but will be short lived. Have a wonderful day everyone. Congrats to Blaise and his egg astronaut. Another win for grandma!!

Comment

Oh, today is starting pretty and nice but the temps will be up. We kept the air on last night, although I also keep my windows open. My room is at the far end of the house and the farthest from the unit...but I am cook enough and I am so happy I got a new unit a couple of years ago. I talked to a friend whose husband works for the company and she said can request my check up appointment from him for the air,etc. I just don't trust everyone to tell me I don't need anything done...ya know? Paranoia running deep.

Karlinaan, would a mask help when changing out the lint? I hate vertigo!
        Maxie, one of our trips to Boston we were eating downstairs at Durgin (?) Park and there was such noise upstairs I thought Someone would go up and quiet them down. No! It was a game on tv and those were Fans! I thought they were in a room next to us until our server said they were upstairs. I am not sure what game it was; we made two trips and one was Nov. and the other was summer. The shock of how their fans sounded is all I remember. Kind of like Raiders fans...

Oh, please eat some KFC for me! Someone told me the fried chicken at Walmart was as good as KFC. Not at all. I do'tthink that person grew up with eating t like I did.

My granddaughter Rylie is 18 today and graduating next Monday. So excited to see them this weekend for a few days. Even though I am ot excited about flying a commuter et from Redding to San Francisco and then on to Portland. I made my reservations when Becky ws still saying she would buy a car in JUly...and I wanted to make it easier on getting to the airport. I have a friend who always flies the United flight from

there so I figured I would just do it. Now I am stressing a bit about the connection at SFO and have vowed I will not do this again.

I need to go get this day going. Yesterday was so bad with the baby because of whatever his mom ate over the weekend. I just gave up ondoing much other than what I could do while holding him.
        The kids loved the new splash pad water thing I ordered. that wore most out and they all had good naps! See? Always a bright side if I look for one.
        I hope you have a bright side no matter what else.
        Rain, rain go away...go to Karlinann right away!

Take care and I will read later to see who else has stuff going on!

Comment

Good morning all.

Not doing much today. Will go to Lowes with my S-I-L as she is getting new appliances, and the sale ends tomorrow. I bought mine Memorial day weekend. She has been "thinking" all this time. She has needed a new dishwasher for the past 3 years. She is the type that doesn't get in a hurry. Me...I know what I want and will get it right away. Well that is if I have the cash to do it.

This afternoon I have Physical Therapy. Just the time to mess up a day. This month is filled will new Dr. appts. Never thought about Dr',s when I was thinking about moving.

The only one that I am looking forward to is the Movement Disorder Clinic in Indy. That appt. was made late last summer. My tremors have gotten so much worse, and the Nuero guiy in Vincennes didn't want to increase my meds due to side effects. Just hope they have something new for me.

Maxie, I watched a little of the game last night. Saw that 45 seconds into the period goal by the Blues. I figured you probably jumped out of your chair on that goal.

Well time to get a bite to eat. Everyone have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Morning

I feel like I live in a world of my own...love reading about yours!.... since David's walking is limited ,( and he tires early).. I don't get out to much... quick trip here and there .. don't like to leave him home alone either... (because of the falling possiblilites).

so .... reading, computer, cell phone games. and crocheting .. are my daily friends... so many of my dear close friends,,, the kind you confide in. have already passed away.. good neighbors but not the quick visit type.. ( altho' Stephanie feeds us with goodies a Lot).
            ...I will get back to making Grease Balls at Donna's,,, Miss our conversation!. her Mom , my sister, doesn't drive much any more. and is a house hugger. Big Sigh... good thing I do like to read. ( don't care much for Tv)... and crochet...... BUT , it is a good life, in my own house.,with my family around me.. and I pray daily that The Lord leaves my Brain intact ... I don't mind sore knees,, but do hate forgetting where I left the keys.. ..

better get DAvid moving, want to go to Aldi's .. load up on the essentials. first of the month I buy the paper products. soaps. non-edibles,
            staples.. etc etc... couple extra bags of chips, and such.. so better hit the road... take care, be back to read later..

Comment

I was out and about this morning in a pretty good mood after last nights win. Went to the DMV and then paid her car insurance...I dropped a lot of money in those two places but know I have to do it so did it pleasantly enough. Even chatted with the insurance girl...she is nice it is her company I am not fond of but what you gonna do? Get back on the interstate and look down to set the cruise and my buddy is gone. Check engine light is off! He has been my pal since Mother's Day so I noticed he was gone. Went into KFC to order our supper...we always special order and I do not like to hold up the drive thru which I wish others would be so considerate...turn the car back on and he is still off. Maybe he burned himself out? I dunno but I am going to say it is still the after game glow and the universe is giving me a break after parting with all that money this morning.

My son started a load of his own shirts and left them in the washer so I had to rewash them and that has put my laundry behind. I cannot tell you how picked up the house is without the kids but I do miss them. Sierra had grease pop on her at work last night and she showed me her nose. Wish she would put a bandaid on that but she said she would look like me after the derma has finished. I am taking it that that is not an attractive look? I try to use flesh colored bandaids, ya know. Boy does she have her Uncle Scott's nose..in fact she looks more like him than her dad but has her mom's coloring.

Maye you are lucky to have your own interests and David so very lucky to have you near. Take care of each other! I always put my keys and sunglasses in the same exact place so I do not lose them. Now my phone is another story. In fact I do not know where it is now..hopefully in my purse and not in the car where I have to traipse out to grab it. Getting old in an inconvenience.

Comment

Well, I had to break down and move all the containers with plants into the Lanai. It is so brutal hot down here and we have not had a drop of rain in 3 wks. They will hopefully survive and this fall I can put them outside again. If they don't make it I've decided not to try to have pots again. It's too much work. Everybody's grass is dried up. There is no mowing going on, but just the leaf blowers tidying things up. You cannot cut your grass less than 4 inches down here, cuz if you do it will just turn brown. I've seen where people have put down new sod and lost every bit of it. Sad. There is only one beautiful green lawn down the way. I bet they water that thing every single day. How else can it stay that green? Anyway, I'm still manifesting rain. Maxie, send that liquid stuff on down here. What are you waiting for?
                "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
                X