Monday, June 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, June 03

Good morning Rounders! Yesterday was a long day for me. I didn't go to bed until after 11 pm, which is rare for me. We watched Naked & Afraid the new 60 day challenge and it was good. Then a good movie came on, that I had never seen, Hidden Figures, and I couldn't watch the whole movie, but it was good. Maybe they will show it again.

I've been having a cup of coffee after dinner and it's helping me to stay up a little longer.

I've already got a load of laundry on and it is hot, hot, hot in the garage. Whew!

The only other biggie I have to do today is call my pcp and find out what the holdup is on that referral.

Peace & Plenty. Hi Aunt Maye!
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! It is in the 40's....can you believe it?!?! BRRRR!

Yesterday was good. Did some baking & made a pan of lasagna. We played cards last night & started earlier than usual so that I could get home and make sure Blaise's two projects for today were done. They weren't. They did the "glider" one (paper airplane) but not the egg "astronaut". We did that together last night once I got home. He was excited to do it together. We used a little plastic basket filled with cotton balls, placed the egg in among the cotton, then taped it down. Then we made a parachute for the basket. We tested it & the egg didn't break. I sat down to read & fell asleep in the recliner. I didn't get up until 430am to wonder into my own bed.

This morning my feet hit the floor running. Got some laundry started & cherry pie filling cooking. Blaise is out the door, and I need to get the pies in the oven & a carrot cake iced. I've got a customer coming to pick up his butterscotch pie I made him yesterday. He ask me a church if I made BS pie, and I told him I didn't have a good recipe for it. Well I found one, and I think it tastes good. Very mild. We'll see if he likes it. Told him he didn't have to pay for it unless it was good. He's my guinea pig. He drives school bus, and he's stopping afterwards. The bus garage is just across the road from us.

Linda & I are going out to lunch at Mel's. I'll deliver Mel's pie & cake that she ordered for today. I talked her into trying a bumble berry pie. Linda & I are going to discuss the farm stand & just general catching up. Hard to believe that pie season is only about 5-6 weeks away. Karate this evening. I want to get a couple pies made up to give to the bus drivers this week. Not sure what kind of goodie I'm going to give the two teachers.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Cookie...I had a laid back day but you were on the go as usual. Good luck to you and Blaise with the egg basket!

Morning! I also had a laid back day yesterday. Jon worked overtime so today we will grocery shop. The Cardinals played in the afternoon so I started a new book and watched baseball. Hey Beth, we swept the Cubs! Tonight the Blues are back and I really hope they come back with a vengeance.

I am reading a series by T.R.. Ragan. It is a thriller series of 4 books about a woman PI. I am on book 3...book one my sister is reading now and they are different. She has wrote a lot of books and I may have to go find others when I am finished with these. Amazon is my library!

Today I must go for groceries. We are out of milk and cereal is my stand by food. I always have an assortment and yesterday I had a bowl of stale cheerios. Hate when others do not close the boxes!! Ya know?

Need to call for a haircut and the car registration is due in June but I think the DMV is closed on Monday. The check engine light is still on so need to get that looked at. The end of the month bills are paid and now it is time for the next months bill to start. Always something to look forward too....

Have a wonderful day...not sure what the weather will be here but the sun is shining.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, did you put your emergency brake on recently? My check engine light was on and that was what was causing it. I didn't take the brake off all the way. It is so not and humid here already today. I'm melting.....

Good morning.
    I thought it would be overcast this morning, but the sun is coming over the mountain now.

My NM DD will be here Wednesday. Thursday we are going to Phoenix to look at the affordable Senior homes. We will decide just how much stuff I can take with me.
    she will help me with other sorting when we get back.

Karlinann, that movie Hidden Figures is a tremendously good one! A bit of very some impressive history in our wartime. You might also like The Betchey (sp?) Girls. It’s about code breaking during the war.

Cookie, like everyone else, I’m really impressed with all your baking and cooking. I bet your teachers would enjoy cookies, like Kolache, or thumbprint cookies with jam ..... kind of a cookie with a “pie” taste.

Sleep didn’t come easy last night; I can recall lots of tossing and turning. Couldn’t get comfortable. I hate that. Fitbit says I had 5 hours of sleep, but didn’t record sleep stages. Stubborn thing.

I need to haul trash out tonight for tomorrow’s pickup.

Hope you all have a great day. ☀️
    Last edited by JoGee; 06-03-2019, 08:46 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

It is 70* at 6:30 here and going into the low 90's....I have water play ready and hope the moms remember to send swimsuits or something to change into. It is so much extra work but so fun for them.

I had a good weekend and accomplished most of what I needed to do Had a wonderful visit yesterday with a friend who had moved and was on a quick visit to the area.

I did not get into our pool, yet, because time just got away from me. Maybe after daycare today.

I will look up that author, maxie. thanks for the referral.
      I have to go start some laundry. I am giving away some blankets and need to get them cleaned up.

I hope you all have a great day!
      Sweet pictures, Punkin!!

Comment

Good morning...we will get those cardinals next time Maxie!! Today I am going to work out with my sister. Then this afternoon picking up a few groceries. Tonight I am going to a Blues watch party just down the street. I am going with a friend.

Comment

Karlinann I am notorious for not getting the gas lid tight and it working loose. Sometimes I get a messages telling me to tighten the lid and other times the check engine light goes on and I just check the gas lid...if the engine light goes on it will not shut itself off when I tighten it. I take it to the dealer and he scopes for a problem then turns the light off. My dealer is my small town guy and knows my quirks..thank goodness. But I need to get it checked in case it is more than the gas tank lid. Besides my son is beginning to nag about it.

Comment

Good Noon day to you all. moving slow motion today... ( as usual).. the furnace, a/c guy was here this morning early... to check out the Air conditioner and make sure we are ready for summer weather.. its pays to have it checked , runs more effieciently with clean filters etc.

havent got in the mood to do much else.. D is talking going for lunch. so might go have hot meal at our new local Place,, where Donna delivers pie to.... prices are reasonable. and food good, so far.. sure not in the mood to cook..

DAvid kind of wobbly this morning .but will make the effort and go out for lunch ...

I got to BEthany graduation ,, but skip her last big BAton recital.. She stopped in yesterday and show us video pictures on cell phones of highlights.. was glad I had not went tho.. it dragged on an on for 5 hours!!!!.. can't leave DAvid alone That long ..

I too will be looking up that author .. to you all,, if you are a mystery reader . please give me authors you like... I'm having a hard time finding the "new" generation of writers.. that I like... For a good story, well written.. read Louise Penny.... but if you have not read any of her books... start at No.One ! !!!!.. think she is on number 11. but her cast of main characters need introduced and lived with.. sometimes a reference is made to the past and nice to know what they mean.. ( she don't do it very often tho".)

well,, better get moving.. getting close to lunch time.. see you later.

Comment

Working...
            X