Sunday shocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday shocker

Punkin is back! It has been a very long time and I have so missed everyone. I haven't read all of the thtreads; so, I will just 'wing it' as best I can!

Please excuse any errors in spelling, stupid comments or weird ramblings! LOL

I see where a few of you are sleeping better and I am really happy for you. I still have my sleep problems and get approximately 4 1/2 hours on a good night. I must be adjusting to it because I haven't had too many problems - at least not because of my not sleeping.

My lupus is acting up and I am deaaling with several things that are slowing me down (kidney failure, lung and heart problems, thyroid issues, etc. - - - but, I am doing as well as can be expected. My vision is worse and the laser surgery I had on my left eye last week, didn't work. I do all my reading on my Kindle app and I have to take a lot of time trying to see the keyboard and monitor when I use my laptop. I am still getting injections in my right eye (and I HATE it!!!!), but if it lets me see, I will do anything!

I had shoulder surgery in December and am doing well. It still hurts, but they saay 6 months to a year is normal for pain. I had a great surgeon!

I had a blood clot in my left calf and a pulmonary embolism and was on Eliquis for 6 months. It worked great! I had a really funny experience when I went to get my mammogram done. They never had anyone ask if you can have a mammogram if you hve a blood clot in your lung!!! (You can! And it was hilarious. We had so much fun! The tech was super and made everything work like it should.)

I think you all know that my granddaughter, Jessica, passed away 0n 28 November 2017. It was a complication of childbirth. Her son was 5 days old when she died and it still is hard on everyone. On 10 April 2019, her sister, Kelsey, hada baby boy. His name is Jameson and he is precious.

Janet, I saw your photo on Facebook and you look fantastic!! And I read here, that David is doing better. I am soooo happy to hear that!

JoG, I have a friend with Afib and she is struggling with it. They put in a pacemaker and some other device that I can't remember wht it is. I hate that you are dealing with that also. How is Ellis doing???

I see Donna on Facebook and drool over most of the recipes she posts. (I don't cook much at all and never bake anymore.) I hipe you and your family are doing well. It sounds like you are!

I have to call my senator on Monday. My son, Donald, was approved for a colonoscopy in Novenber 2018 ans STILL has not had it done. He has had bleeding since November and I am furious that the prison hasn't gotten the test done yet! (My brother had colon cancer at 49 and there is a long history of cancer in ny family!

Boy, I really hate not being able to drive! It's been 1 1/2 years and I still cannot get used to it. I sold my car last year and that was tough. It really made it official - I am sooooo dependent on other people!!!

Well, I guess I have rambled on long enough. I hope y'all aren't too shocked and I hope I can come back often. I was diagnosed with a neurological disorder and I never know when I will be having problems.

Thanks for keeping the Living Room nice and warm and cozy!!!!

Last edited by Punkin; 06-02-2019, 12:12 AM. Reason: One paragraph was all messed up.
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning Rounders! Welcome back Punkin! I wondered what happened to you. Sounds as if you've had a bunch of health issues.

Today is my day of rest, but I still have things to do early. We are going to have to go buy an ankle brace, a more supportive one at least. The insurance covered one will not arrive in time cuz they are mailing it. DH needs something on Tuesday so he can support that ankle and wear it for the exercises.

It's hot and we didn't get rain. I'm praying for rain. Have a great day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this years gnats are biters and leave itchy welts! Just what the world needs is another itch maker!!

Good morning. ☕️
    Hello, Punkin, long time no see. Welcome back.
    My a-fib seems to be caused by stress. My basic problem is Myelo Fibrosis, is beginning to worsen.
    I have an ocean of paperwork to deal with, which I wasn’t prepared for.
    Ellis passed away at the end of April this year, which was totally unexpected. Even by his doctors.
    I cannot deal with the house and yard work any more, and will be - am - looking for a Senior apartment. So, overall, that is pretty much where I am today.
    Most nights I wake at 2 a.m., which is the time the hospital called to tell me it was time to come say goodbye.

Today is a toss-up whether one DD will come get what she wanted from the garage.
    Yesterday another DD filled her truck with what I had for her and her girls’ families.....she will return in two weeks for the other half of her stuff.

I am only on my feet for a short time before needing to sit. Getting things done on my own is a slow feat, but I think the heart Med might be helping me a bit in that area. Beginning to. No major big miraculous difference yet, but I can feel it will be a slower step by step progress. Aches, pains, and pressure are subsiding a bit already.

well, back to bed to try to sleep a bit more....

hoping it will be a beautiful early summer day for all. ☀️
    I would love more rain and less winds here, Karlinann
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Welcome back punkin!!! I am dealing with water in one section of wall. Mom and figure out the problem is with my window well drain. I don’t know if dad can do it or we will need to have it done.

for now I will remember to put a towel down.

Comment

Welcome back Punkin! So happy to read your name but so sorry for the loss of Jessica and for your health problems. It is such a shock to lose anyone to complications of childbirth and such a heartbreak for all of you.

Jo, that just grabbed at my heart when I read about your waking up at two...still sending you love and prayers.

I am out the door in 5 minutes. Becky has things she has to print off at church and I will check back in later.
        Hugs to you all!!!

Comment

Good morning! Welcome back Punkin...sounds like you are dealing with a bunch of health problems but doing it well.

Oh, my, what a disappointment my game was last night but you gotta get that one out of the way and now it is done! Just hate falling apart with that ego driven horrible other team..ya know? Told you I do not do well with long series and other teams! Cubs Cards were in rain delay and I do not even know if they continued the game last night, if we lost that one too or whatever happened that is how great my depression was last night. But I am better today and tomorrow is another game!

Storms again last night. We sure do not need any more rain. Beth you are probably having problems that are not normal because this rain and wet and flooding is not normal. There is no place for the water to go anymore.

I slept 12 hours last night! Woke once because I was warm but I do not think I have slept that much in many years. Not sure I feel much better with all that sleep and sure hope it doesn't mean I will get no sleep for the next week! With no kids in or out the house is so much cleaner and food is lasting longer. I do need to grocery shop but may wait for Jon...think I will text to see if he coming home after work. I would rather wait to go and have a grocery hauler than go myself when I want. Believe it or not I am kinda sore from laying in bed all the time.

Jo take it easy and relax between visits from your kids. Karlinann, hope you get that brace quickly. Still so very hot down there? How are the bugs? We are having a horrible time with big gnats and mosquitoes. Guess it will be one of those summers with the flood waters all around us. Can anyone tell me of one reason huge gnats were made? They also say snakes are turning up in unnatural places because they are being flooded out of their habitats. All the creepy crawlies plus flood water ..thank goodness for Arby's chicken salad! Beth did you find a watching party? Bet it broke up early...ha ha! That was one terrible loss.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone...

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            The bugs are not too bad. I have noticed more gnats this year than ever before and they bit me. Ouch! The bad bugs are prolific in the garden and I've lost 2 plants already to them.

Ah Ha. I figured out how I could get back in and post again! It is good to be back with y’all!
          "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Good Afternoon! It's been a wet weekend. Good to see you Val!

Yesterday was different. Just wasn't in a real good mood. Wasn't feeling very patient with anything or anybody. Got up early and got the two pies I needed for the afternoon baked & ready for delivery. Then off we went to some garage sales. I plugged in all the addresses and it then puts them in the most efficient order if you choose that mode. Good. What can screw that up? A husband that thinks we should get to Home Depot to get parts. That just screwed up everything. Like HD wasn't going to be open at noon. The first GS we stopped at had a ton of boys clothes for $.50 each, and I could tell Cork was chomping at the bit, so I told her I'd be back later WITHOUT him. We then were headed for HD, only to get caught in a line of traffic on a main hwy due to an accident. We were in btw exits. We sat for an hour. IF we would have gone to the garage sales FIRST, we wouldn't have run into the accident. I just was thankful we didn't have Blaise, because he would have been asking how much longer over & over & over again.

Got a few things. Got Blaise a bunch of books to read for the summer and I did go back to that other sale & got him a bunch of bigger clothes for the future. Got a pair of sandals for him too. Had a really nice conversation with the owners of the house. When I went back the second time, I took them a plate of cookies & my lists. Come to find out the lady had worked at two bakeries thru the years, and she seems like she'd like to work for me if I need an extra pair of hands. Good to know. God puts people in our path for a reason sometimes. We exchanged phn #'s. I then came home and took a nap.

This morning I went to church & SS. Got a couple pie orders during fellowship time. One guy ask for a butterscotch pie. I've never found a good recipe, but I searched again & I'm currently making it. I tasted some on the spoon, and it's a keeper as far as I'm concerned, but we'll see what Bob thinks. If it's a keeper to him, I'll be making it for Mel's. Someone requested it a couple weeks ago. I'm also baking a pan of lasagna for cards tonight.

Kathy was having me pick up Blaise after church, but Kody called & wanted to come down and see him. So now it's 430 pick up, and Cork is going to have to do it because I'll be gone by then. I mentioned that Cork could meet up with Kody when they were heading back, but Kathy is afraid what Cork would say to him. Cork feels kind of weird about all this. Oh for heaven's sake....get over it!!!! You just smile, say hi & thank you. How hard is that? Who's the older adult here? Anyways, Blaise has those two projects due for tomorrow at school, so I'm coming home early to make sure they are done.

Today has been a series of OH NO's. The dryer wouldn't work after Cork put on the new vent yesterday. I found some sort of clip/fuse thingy that needed replaced...got it fixed. I hated to tell him that this keyboard wasn't working. He had unplugged something & that was the cause. This is a wireless computer and everything is controlled on the back of the monitor. That's fine, but do you know what a pain it is to get something plugged into one of those do hickies? He had his ipod plugged in & had taken out the KB's thingy. He ordered an extender from Amazon, and we won't have to basically stand on our head to get something plugs into the back. Then I went down to put another load of clothes in the washing machine, turned it on, & nothing. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Here he unplugged it when he was working on the dryer apparently, but fortunately I figured that one out before telling him it wasn't working. He got the plumbing on the pool fixed, and now to get it all cleaned up. Kathy said she'd come and do that for me tomorrow...maybe.

OH....did I tell you all she quit her job at Aldi's warehouse, and is going for orientation tomorrow at a different place which is only about 2 miles from their house. NICE! It's actually daylight shift. Her & a friend are swapping babysitting. Her friend got a 3-11 job. Now we'll see how long this job lasts. It's always someone else's fault that she either quits or gets let go.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X