Saturday, June 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, June 01

Good morning Rounders! I got 7 hours of good sleep.

Yesterday was sad for me. I watered the garden and pulled weeds and was about to quit and go in and I looked at my biggest tomato plant and it was diseased with something. I pulled it up and threw it away. It was not worth treating because the disease had taken it over. I probably won't have any tomatoes this year, cuz the heat/drought has pretty much killed my seedlings.

The Mexico tariffs are going to be a problem for us getting fresh produce. Also, if any of you shop at The Dollar Tree you probably better go shopping today and stock up. They are going to jack up some of their items to $5 because of the China tariffs.

Tonight will be French Onion Soup and a salad. Lunch will be a deli sandwich.

I found 4 good puzzles at the library that were new to us. DH worked out for an hour and he was wiped out the rest of the day. I need to give him a haircut this morning. We have to do it early before it gets too hot out on the Lanai. Clean-up is easier out there.

I had trouble walking around yesterday cuz my knee has been hurting more lately. It's like bone touching bone and my doc says it's Osteoarthritis, but I can't wait to get an injection. I have the appt. set up, but they have not received the referral yet from my pcp. I will have to call Monday and see what the hold-up is. The nurse told me she sent it, but they don't have it. What???? Ei yi yi??? I wrote down the fax #, and all the other pertinent info that the nurse will need.

Today starts hurricane season. I sure hope we don't have one.

I'll be back later today to read what you wrote. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 06-01-2019, 06:02 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. ☕️
    Normally, I would say I had 6 hrs of sleep last night. But I did wake at 2 a.m. and didn’t get right back to sleep. I woke at 5:30, with a slight headache, but it will pass before long. My Fitbit has me down for 4+ hrs of sleep. It is nuts! I may switch to an Apple Watch. Besides, GD told me I could make an emergency call from it if necessary, like if I had a serious fall.

A DD will be here this morning. I hope she fills up her truck real good! I hope her hubby takes the whole tool cabinet, too. I should put bottles of water in the fridge.

It should stay in the mid 90’s today and probably for another week. It doesn’t look like the meteorologists will see that 100° til after the monsoon season begins at mid-month. I usually bet it’ll be closer to July 4th. We shall see.

My new A-fib Med must be starting to kick in. I woke without the backache this morning. A hint of stiff thighs though. And a bit of near-nausea. My heartbeat, I barely feel it today. So I can move about a bit more maybe. Amazing what half a little pill can do.
    I might just have an Eggo, buttered and topped with cinnamon sugar, to ease that nausea.

no winds today yet. That is promising. The winds we had for the last week or two kicked up all sorts of allergens, and I had sneezed my way through all that. More like I caught a summer cold again.

Karlinann, I hope they locate your prescription and get it to you. I have a special cream (that I forget to use) that works really quickly on my back pain....the cream is special for arthritis, of all things. It takes a bit to set in, then I find I’m not even thinking about my back —- pain gone. I’ll have to look it up.

well, a few things to get done before DD arrives.
    Hope everyone has a really good day today. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      It is not a prescription, but an injection I need for my knee at the Pain Management doctor's office.

Morning...I was up and spent some time with my parents...Daddy is doing his thing...My mom just left with my sister to finish the wedding cake. I am back in bed for awhile.

I will be calling the bar near me to see if they are having a”blues” room for the game tonight. If they are I will try to reach my friend to see if she wants to meet me and watch the game. Otherwise I will watch it at home.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      There should be a watching party near you Beth....They are everywhere. Let's Go Blues!!

Sunny and going to warm to close 90 today then storms again this evening. They have changed the dates for the rivers cresting until Thursday and Friday of next week. Long time for flooding then it takes time for the water to go down and clean up!!

Last night my lasagna was ok but Sierra ate like she hadn't eaten in a while. She took leftovers home. I went to bed early because I am telling you being nice to that bf is the hardest thing in the world to do! He wears me out but she seems happy. Guess that is all that matters.

Nothing going on today...Blues and Cardinals both play tonight in St. Louis. I will NOT be dividing my watching time!!

I also read we are going to be hit hard in the pocket book with the tariffs and political crap. But what does a politician care? they will always eat as well as we the taxpayer allow them to. People do not understand how much we rely on other countries. You just cannot stand alone in this world anymore. I worry...really worry about the future of my grands.

I hope hurricane season is mild this year. We in the mid west have not had a mild tornado season that is for sure. Hopefully you can get your shot soon Karlinann...I love french onion soup. Panteras has the best around here. Jo glad your meds are helping. More stuff gone is great news.

Think I will make another cup of coffee then shower. I am thinking Arby's chicken salad for lunch.

Comment

It is a good sunny morning here and no wind or rainclouds insight...for now. We are to have some hot days but the end of the week is supposed to be a high of 81* That is the day I want to have a good-bye party for two and a welcome back for one (for the summer). Who knows/ I ordered a new splash pad water play (hose attaches and water sprays up on a mat the kids can run through) and if the older ones want to swim in the pool, they can.

I have bills to pay today and get mailed off. One I mail about a week ahead of the due date because it takes forever to go through. Not even sure why. the rest go through pretty quickly so today will be good for that. The funeral helping is scheduled for 12:00 but that is when the family is supposed to be fed so I will go a little earlier to get instructions. I am more of a last minute Just tell me what you want kind of person. The type A's just stress themselves and others out...of course, if I am in charge, I tend to be the type A.

I got a quick text from an out of state friend who said Guess who might be there sunday? So guess who is cleaning and preparing food in case it happens? but right now I am thinking the chicken salad you mentioned, maxie, is what I can make and have ready with the croissants and a fruit salad.

Go, Blues! And yes, I hope hurricane season passes you all by. Heaven knows the last one was awful. Pat shows pictures and articles of how they are still suffering. Because of the fires here last year, a lot of people have moved out of state. Lots to Idaho. I don't know why, but that seems like an extreme change to me. I saw a graphic that showed where families from Paradise have relocated to (not sure it could have included other fire victims, too) and it was pretty much all over the US. Could tornado season be over soon?

My day is calling and I hope you all have a good agenda for the day. ONe that includes work as well as rest and recreation!

Comment

good evening,

a quick note to let you know I am alive and kicking... when I get to set down, I either drop off to sleep for quick snooze, or try to read the book I downloaded.. good books,,are hard to find.. Ok,I know I'm picky about authors and the way they write... cannot stand an authors who spend 2 pages describing the scenery.. and what the characters are wearing etc etc.. I' m willing to try new authors , but so far, have not found any one to brag on.

David is doing better,,, not getting better,,in one way,, he will never mow grass or walk without cane. he will have to be very careful about falling... but he is moving around better in the house... little more energy... I make him get up and get his own coffee, he helps carry dishes to sink after a meal.. puts his clothes away, dresses himself. except for buttons and tying shoes.. his right hand is pretty dead.

so been a good day,,so glad JUNE is here.. I do love green trees,grass.. warm winds.. flowers blooming.. happy to read all your news... I feel like I should have a cup of coffee setting here,, like I am in your kitchen with you..... keep typing folks .. love you all.

Comment

Working...
        X