Friday, May 31 ~ Last day of the month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, May 31 ~ Last day of the month

Good morning Rounders! I think it reached 100* yesterday afternoon, but I am not 100% sure of that. I'm only going by computer stats and the tv said something else. Who knows.

I made an appt. with another PM doctor yesterday for June. Hope it works out.

Not much going on around here. Our neighbor's AC went out and they had to buy a new one. Ouch! I dread the day ours goes.

I'm taking dh to our workout facility this morning and I'll make a trip to the library right next door. He needs to use the 3 lb weights on his ankles for some of the exercises. I need some puzzles to do cuz you can't get out too much in this heat and when I read too much I end up with a headache and eye strain.

Tonight I'm making TexMex Salad: Tortilla chips, Hamburger with taco seasoning, rice, tomatoes, lettuce, topped with sour cream and Taco Sauce. Yum!

So...I'm running out of things to type. It's just another day in my life. I'll check back. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Dreary here. Wet yesterday.

Yesterday was one of the better field trips. We went to aviary. It truly held the kids interest the whole time. I also enjoyed chatting with the other moms & the teacher. The kids were very good. Maybe it's age, but it wasn't like trying to round up a bunch of kittens. I did nothing productive after I got home. Blaise has two science projects he needs done for Monday, and I dug out a couple books about those sort of things for Blaise to take to Kathy's. I'm giving them that duty. If they don't come through, I've got ideas already in my head that we can do on Sunday.

This morning I'm going to head into town to pick up a few groceries and a dry vent pipe since I broke the other one this week. If I can't get Blaise's uniform dried in time, he won't be going to karate, which won't bother him any. Either way, he's going down to Kathy's this evening for the weekend. Cork is working 10 hr days, including tomorrow, so I'll be on my own most of the time. I really want to start inputting recipes into my computer file, and get them printed off. That was to be my winter project, but it never happened. I'd really like to make a recipe file for all the kids (mine & my brother's) for Christmas. That's why I wanted the laminator.

Time to get busy.....have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning...I am headed out to Walmart on the bus to pick up a few things and some
      meds. While at Walmart I will pick up lunch for daddy and I from subway. Daddy gets a 6 inch tuna. I get a tuna wrap. I think mom will already be with my sister. The reason my parents are coming is so mom can help my sis make a big wedding cake.

Its up in Thais when they get started on the cakes because one of my sisters goat is really sick and may need a trip back to the vet.

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
        Today should get to the mid-90’s. Whatever is happening in the weather, the forecasted 100° is not so likely to happen next week. So now it’s anybody’s guess when it will happen.
        The bets are on among to the forecasters.

There is nothing new happening. This weekend two DDs will be here to take away stuff. I’m trying to make it for separate days. One of them is the greedier one, and I want to avoid the discomfort she is likely to cause.

So now I guess I’ll get dressed and have some breakfast.
        Hope you all have a super-duper day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! The sun is shining in so bright through the window and that is a good thing because I have already lost one post and that sun is all that is saving me from having a hissy fit this morning. Hope that is not an omen...I have to entertain the bf and feed them today. I really need a good dose of happy pills to handle that! Put together a lasagna and will plop that in with garlic bread. Sierra loves garlic bread and can literally do a garlic dance when she smells it. Just think if I did something creative and not just open a bag...anyway, I need all the luck and sun I can get to sit with him.

Blaise is still doing science projects? How long does school last in PA? We were one of the last schools in the area to dismiss for the summer. Does he do year round school. I am so over all that stuff and Drew's mom handles projects. The guys have the pool up and filling. Now it just needs to warm up. Karlinann is sucking up all the hot weather! Never got out of the 70s yesterday and not much higher today. Jon ran out for food last night and when he came back Andrew had cut the back yard and picked up all the junk laying around from the pool set up. What a surprise!! Maybe that bf will weed eat tonight, ya think? Nah...me either!

We went down to look at the river yesterday. You park your car and then walk the sidewalk right down to where the river now is. So many people out looking...it is truly amazing. The roads end and boats start are going down where your car used to go. Some areas around here depend on tourism and they are hoping to be back in business by July 4. They have already missed Memorial Day. Any rain affects the crest levels. Jon brought in a video off face book showing an earthen levy topping right across the river in Missouri...so much water rushes in destroying fields and crops and towns. I would never live in a flood plain....EVER! All the northern snows melted and all the rain we had and other areas are crying for moisture. Lots of unfairness in the universe.

Well, guess I had better get going. Need to sweep the kitchen since no one cleans their feet. I took up the rugs because it is easier to keep the floor clean than wash rugs. But what would I do with my day if I didn;t have these guys to clean up after? What would I do with all my spare time? Whatever I wanted to do is what I would do!!!!!

Have a great day people.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            OUr schools get out June 5th or so. My son's kids inMD go through the next week in June and my granddaughter in WA graduates on June 10th (due to teacher strikes)

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            It's not science fair caliber, but rather they are having a contest to see who's "glider" will fly the furthest, but it can't be made from a kit. I have a whole book of different styles & decorated paper airplanes, which counts as a glider. They are then having a contest to see who's "astronaut" lands the safest, which is an egg. I'm donating 2 doz eggs. It's just fun stuff. Blaise doesn't get out until next Friday. Fine by me. I'm a terrible grandma. I like my peace & quiet. I'm looking forward to late risings though, and no nagging about homework. I'll only be nagging about electronics & chores.

good morning. It is 58 now and going to the low 90's. This morning is a beautiful blue sky but las tnight taking the food out it was a dark and stormy looking sky. Some rain drops but we dodged a big hit. Everyone was talking about the thunder of the night before. No one reported a fire from the lightening but the way it was lighting up the sky and immediately the thunder was coming I thought for sure we would hear sirens or reports of some hits.

The sour cream I added to the enchilada sauce made it taste just like the ones I buy from a friend here in town. She is a Girl Scout rep and does fundraisers frequently. the family texted me last night that they loved the enchiladas and the parents really liked the salmon. Everyone, even the kids liked the bacon wrapped asparagus.
          Just typing about the food is making my stomach growl!

Donna, I used to hate thoe science fair projects and was so happy when the older kids could help the younger. Same with the 4th grade California Mission projects thekids did: make a model of one of the missions of Early CA. Not just a pain to figure out how and what materials to use, but then they were on display and it was very apparent that most were parent projects. I gave in and helped a lot on the first three. then Becky comes along and Insists on doing her own! Which actually was a relief. But guess what? Hers was displayed right next to Rebecca F's whose dad was an architect and her mission looked like one of those models you see before a building project! Thank heaven no one received a grade on anything other than getting it done with the agreed characteristics of the mission...

Now there are models of missions in kts for kids to buy and put together...

Jo, whenI compare the two different weather reports here, I go with the one I most want! Either way it is a guess...I always add a degree or two and I am always right on that. Kids and attitude are a huge factor in the heat around here

I found out my part time girl is going to go to preschool/daycare full time. that is fine with me, actually. She is the one that was directing her parents and I was not happy trying to jump through her hoops.
          So, the timing is right if I want to add a child from the available pool left by the other daycare closing. We will see...

It is after 7:00 and I have to go open up the door and the day!
          Take care Karlinann in all you do! I need to find out everything available at my library besides books.
          Donna, everyone I show the cookie tables to is just amazed! Thanks for sending them.
          jBeth, are the wraps low carb? I have heard but not tried that you can have any sandwich made into a salad.

Take care and make yourself happy as you do so much for others!

Comment

• cookielady
            cookielady commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, maybe a new trend will start out there! Of course if it does, they can always order cookies from me!

Hey, Andrew did that glider then egg thing a couple of weeks ago! He had a great time. He kept making gliders and throwing them u p the steps. The first one that he threw up stopped near my chair and I told him he better be throwing money at me or to stop it! Then he told me about the contest. Glad they save those fun things for the end of the year. My boys went to Lutheran school and the art teacher was a cake decorator. She incorporated that into an entire semester of art. We even had to buy a decorating kit and at the end of the year we baked a cake and they decorated it for a contest and then auction. It was fun. First time we found out Jon had some artistic abilities...Scott did not! But it was really fun and the entire school got to vote...naturally you buy your own kids cake then dare their father to eat it!! More fun!

I have made my bed and started laundry but my get up go got up and went already...it took an early weekend! We were one the last districts to get out so guess we start earlier? Out kids will be back in school by mid August but this year they took a longer Christmas and Spring break. I prefer the early summer out. Also hated homework and getting up but with Andrew we only have to feed him and met the bus. I should save money by not feeding him!

Did you hear the nation spelling bee ended in a tie because they ran out of hard words? Boy they make kids smart now a days! I use spell check...a lot! Have you found you can type a hard word right and when ask to spell it out loud have a problem? My fingers are smarter than me...

Ok now I am off to find some gumption. My lasagnas are notorious for being either wonderfully delish or people asking what is this? Hate to heat the house for the latter, ya know? They can fill up with garlic bread and salad. Lasagna is a surprise meal around here...

What a nice problem to have Paula, will I or will I not take another kid...

enjoy the day ladies!

Comment

Working...
          X