Thursday, May 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, May 30

It's almost the end of another month. Good morning Rounders! I've been up for a couple of hours playing computer games and trying to get my back straightened out. I guess my club chair is more worn out than I thought. I'll have to get a new to me chair at the thrift shop. Maybe I'll stop today.

DH has a PT appt. at 9, and that is it for this week. Holiday week.

JoGee, what a blessing to have that kind neighbor who can assist you in getting your meds and mail. Everybody needs a wonderful neighbor like that.

I've started another Ken Follet book, Winter of the World. It's about the Hitler takeover and the second world war and it's the second book in a trilogy. Good stuff.

I'll have to cook something for dinner and it will probably be Tex-Mex. I've got to get up from here and get an Advil. I've got a wicked headache coming on as well as the back pain.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Just flying thru before heading to the school to go on a field trip to the Pgh Aviary.

Yesterday was good. I actually cleaned most of the laundry room. Still more to do, but it looks presentable now. It's been bothering me for months, so it feels good to get that job done plus a couple more small areas downstairs. I've told you many times before....I HATE CLEANING.

Met Sue for lunch at Mel's. We did a sampling lunch. I bought 2 and she bought 2. I got a meatball Stromboli and a childs pizza lunch, and Sue got potato skins and a ck strawberry salad. We tried some of each and then brought home the rest. Fun!

Like I said, I'm spending my day with Blaise's class at the Aviary. Somehow I've been blessed to be picked to chaperone every year and to do one party every year. The kids all know who I am. It helps that I feel them goodies many times through the school year.

Time to get Blaise up and get a move on. Have a good one, and I check in later.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Finally have only 1 box in the shed to unpack, if it only stop raining so I can do some things outside.

Had been studying for my new drivers license. So after my new microwave got installed a little early yesterday, I took off to the BMV to get the exam over with. And after putting time and memory in about how many feet to do what, there was not 1 question on the exam about it. I did miss 1 question though, and it was about teenagers and permits. Now I had figured that they would ask teenagers about that so I had sorta ignored that section of the book. Never know what exams will come up with.

Anyway, I am now an Indiana driver. Just hope I don't drive like them. These drivers do some of the most stupid things.

Today it's time to get new door handles for 2-3 rooms. Also have to get new blades for my sawsall so I can get a tree stump cut out. Also have to cut those 8' wood panels in half so they will fit on my trailer. Before I can do that though, I have to take all the limbs and small thorny trees to the Bio Solids. They "chew" them up for mulch. All treated stuff has to go to the city dump on the south side of F.W.

Anyway, as you can see I still have a lot to do outside if it ever stops raining. Hope all have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning..I am battling a wicked head ache...today is house cleaning and a pancake dinner.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I sure hope your headache is gone!

Good morning, everyone. ☕️
        It is 58° outside right now, but hitting 92° today. Sunny and bright, and no winds to speak of. Yay! The weather people on TV keep saying we will hit 100° Monday or just after. Then why doesn’t the weather app show it....all I see is weather in the high 90’s. So we shall see.....eventually.

Yes, Karlinann, my neighbor is a real angel about helping me. She had no hesitation about it. Am I lucky or what!

Well, yesterday the plumbing inspector didn’t show up. But should be here today. This morning. I hope so.

I’m feeling somewhat better today, so maybe I can get a few things done today. I really need laundry done. Then I also need to get a pile of stuff sorted. I won’t overdo. I know better. I’m still coughing from my allergies as yesterday, but not as bad. It has calmed down, but not without leaving me with a slightly sore throat. But lemon-honey tea might help that.

So that’s my news today. Oh, Saturday one of my DDs will show up and pick the stuff she wants from my garage. She was interested in all the holiday decorations I’m discarding, bags of fabric for her DD, and a tool cabinet with whatever tools (some or all) for her hubby. That should be 1/4 of the stash out there if not more. It feels good having that in the garage and not the rented shed.
        The man in charge of the sheds is from MI, and we apparently grew up in the very same area!

Beth, hope your headache subsides.
        Cookie, have fun with the kids today.

I need to make my tea tea concoction now.
        Have a great day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

And it is a sunny, cool and very happy morning here today. Blues played their hearts out and we won in overtime!! So much stress on the fans in an overtime game. Now they are back home for two games and I am glad. Do not care much for Boston fans...can you believe they do not cheer for the opposing team? I always cheer for the Blues no matter where they play...lol!

More rain yesterday evening. 30 minutes before game time a storm comes through and knocks out the cable and internet. I hurried and texted Scott to be watching and he texts back this is their second tornado siren and he was heading to the porch. Yes, the porch...when the sirens would go off when he was a kid their dad would run to the porch with two boys on his tail. Only people who went to the basement were me and the dog! What you going to do..they are their fathers sons.

Picked up Andrew from the bus stop and he chose Arby's. Ok with me and then found they have their chicken salad wraps back for the summer. Oh, they are so good and I will be eating them several times a week now. Today is his last day of school and he has early dismissal but his dad is off today. Today is the school fun day so he brought home his papers yesterday. He made the honor roll! He is pleased with himself and I am very proud of him. I ask if he told his dad and he said no, you can...so I did! His mom is packing her office again and moving to higher ground. They are again worried about the levy breaching by her plant. She is on the Illinois River but the confluence with the Mississippi is right here and the flooding is bad again. You cannot imagine how inconvenienced people are when roads close and you have to go around...it could add several hours to your commute. And yet it still rains....thank you Mother Nature.

Yesterday I finally ironed and changed my bed. Talked a long time with my sister and their house is under contract. She is so happy! Grass boy cut the front but his mower clonked out when he had half the side finished. That is the portion of yard we share with the neighbor so whoever had a mower out cut it. When the boy cuts our grass he cuts Pam's so that portion is always cut...except yesterday! Hope he comes back but I doubt he will be back until next week.

Andrew says he needs new summer clothes. YES! He told his mom he was going to tell me he needed to go shopping. I talked with her last night and he is going to go into a man's small shirt I guess. His shirts are getting short and his shorts tight. He had really grown. I do not especially like shopping with him because he is a pain but I do like getting him clothes. He is such a cutie! Another thing I cannot say to him anymore.

Well, guess I will start my day. I am so happy with the big win. Not suppose to reach 80 today so a much cooler day for us. Have no idea if it will rain more but I am sure it will. Jo so happy you have a good neighbor to help with picking up your meds. Jostoy, seems like you have slowed down a bit? Congrats on you drivers license! That is scary to think about getting. Beth take care of your headache. Karlinann take your advil and maybe a nap? Sounds good to me! EEEW, Cookie and school field trip? I remember those and do remember liking them...other people's children do not always behave very well...maybe why their mom was not a chaperone and I got stuck? Oh, was my not being a fan of others peoples children showing? hehe..

Have a wonderful day everyone..
          Last edited by maxie; 05-30-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

good morning! Huge thunder and lightening storm last night. Just as I was going to bed and then it woke me and the little dogs later.
            Sunny now but Chico is due for more rain. Big puddles are back outside...hope to sweep the water off but the ground is so wet I am not sure where the water will go.

I am making a dinner for a family whose mom is starting her second round of chemo. She said the kids like enchiladas so I have the stuff for a pan of that for the kids and then making salmon and asparagus for the parents. We are asking fo rdinners for the three days a week of her chemo. And willsee if she needs more.

I am sorry to be rushed here. I will read a bit later for what you all have said.

Have a good day and send some of that energy this way, please. Take care and JoG, take it easy and don't push yourself.

Comment

a beautiful day out at 76 right now. My two wild guys ( calling them the Hard Boys, it hardy) are not here. I have made the enchiladas and will be able to make the salmon and bacon wrapped asparagus during nap time. Usually I have to sit next to the toddler and rock the baby and keep holding him to make it through nap. From now on I will have something frozen to be ready to take when needed.

i need new doors inside and really want one for the fro t door.

Comment

Working...
              X