Wednesday, May 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, May 29

Good morning Rounders. It's 76* going to 96*, with -0- % rain possibility. We did get a very small amount of rain yesterday morning, but the sun was brutal. I think I got a sunburn on the top of my head and I was not out there for very long. I did pull all the succulents out from around the mailbox post and loosened the soil and sowed Zinnia's. I must have put a 100 seeds down. Maybe we will have a bunch of them to come up. They will be beautiful, and I can thin them out and transplant some of the seedlings when the rainy season starts.

We got a scare yesterday morning when I checked dh's blood sugar. The meter read 146, but I didn't have enough blood squeezed out and it was a glitch reading and I knew that wasn't correct. Before lunch we took it again and it read 85. DH swore off sugar & sweets of any kind and said he was not eating white bread or rolls anymore and I said that was good. He is actually going to Aldi's with me today. He has also vowed to eat more salads, lean & green. That false reading was a real wake up call for him.

Today is also trash day. I will get it out to the curb after daylight. I had to move 2 of my potted plants, (Hawaiian Tai and English Ivy), back to the shade next to the Lanai. The HT is in the middle and the EI is around the HT. They are beautiful pots that I had on each side of the door. The Ivy was scorched by the sun and so was one of the Tai plants. I put all the potted plants together and I have good visibility around the pots and I can water all of them at the same time.
    That is my news. Tell me what's happening in your neck of the woods. Peace and Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! The sun was out, but that was short lived. Tons of flooding around the area last night. It didn't just raining nicely, it poured.

Yesterday was good. I was plugging along cleaning & organizing this & that, then Mel's text and ordered 4 pies for today, so I made those before taking Blaise to karate. I was in the bleaching mood. The cable wasn't working due to all the storms, but I could watch my recorded shows. Finished up The Intern.

Went to the pool place down the road to see if they had two parts Cork needed, and they didn't. The one part for the pool cleaner was going to be $60. It's a stupid piece of plastic. Anyways, after I searched & searched online myself, I just ended up ordering a new cleaner. It got good reviews, it'll arrive today, and it only cost $30 more than that stupid pc of plastic. The old cleaner is a top brand, so top brands demand top price replacement parts. Pools are expensive! Btw chemicals, parts, and new tools to put on some of those parts, I could have joined the local pool for 2 years. GRRRR! Oh but we can go out and enjoy it anytime...AFTER cleaning it. My SIL envies us. She does scoop & clean it if I haven't been down there yet.

This morning I need to make Cork's lunch food. With him working 10 hr days, he likes to pack more food, and since he's working 6 days, it'll all go fast. I should have made it yesterday, but I didn't. After that if the mood still strikes me, I want to go down in the basement and clean my laundry area. There are no ceiling tiles down there, so you see all kinds of spider webs. Need to deliver the pies. Maybe will pick up lunch there and try something new.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..I am headed to the botanical gardens this morning...then lunch...then church.

after my daddy and uncle fixed my air yesterday I took a big nap!

Comment

Good Morning. I know you are not going to believe this but it is raining out. It stormed last night but I was in bed so just rolled over and went back to sleep. Then this morning..it is thundering right now. Suppose to stop and start again this afternoon. It just goes on and on..omg! Karlinann there should be a way to share all this water!

Having a hard time to remember what day it is. Holiday weeks always throw me off and this is the last week of school. I think this is Andrews last full day...better check that out. It will be just me and Drew for supper so we will go where he wants to eat. Leaves me lots of time to get ready for hockey! Yep..I am just as excited as I was Monday night. But these games make me so nervous! We can get em if we play all three quarters..they are good but not that good!

Talked with Sierra and this place is really into health! She had to get a new TB test and had a massive medical form to fill out beforehand. She knows one other girl in the orientation that will work with her. It is a big class and they are going to be spread out into branch offices...she is in corporate but could possibly transfer down the road to be closer to home. They did tell her since she interned she should not have to do all the orientation or computer class and she is hoping that is true because it is boring to sit and listen to what you have already done. She calls me early in the morning when she leaves for work and then again sometimes in the afternoon...nice to hear from her but do not want to hear about that darn bf or his damn dog.

Well, I am embarrassed to say I have never ironed. However, that is not totally my fault...my iron stopped working and I had to buy a new one. Ya know, I remember my mom using that same old black iron for years and years and I have had this one for a year. So much for an expensive iron...this time I bought a $25 one. If I get just one year out of it is has been worth its price. Today I will try it out. And maybe change my bed. The boys took down the old pool and set up the new one. The frame is up but there is not enough time evenings. Oh well, way to cold to swim anyway and I will never use it to no matter to me when they set it up.

Hope all the storms for later today have passed before the game starts. Satellite tv is not dependable in the rain. Have a great day everyone...wish we could send this rain south to you Karlinann. Oh, cookie I would love to have a lemon pie! Good thing you are way cross country from me...

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I had her mail me one and it was just fine! I totally recommend ordering from Donna! She has mailed out cookies to my boys and to me. Her crust is as good as her fillings!!!

Good morning. ☕️
        we’ve got 57° this morning, going to 86° today.
        I have been coughing yesterday afternoon and most of the night, so am not very rested today. We have been having winds most days, and I’m sure it has stirred up all the allergens.
        I need to find a neighbor who can take me to get my prescription.
        Today the plumbing inspector will be here. So I need to be here for that.
        Then I need to change a lab appointment at the hospital, because I have no ride there that day......will try to get it the same morning I have another appointment with my oncologist in 2 weeks.
        When my N.M. daughter comes here, I need to make an appointment with a lawyer to update my will......we both were going to do that after his surgery.
        So......the only other thing today is to not do too much. I can feel my heart rate, and it reads on my Fitbit 86, which doc says Fitbit can’t really keep up with the true measure. This is totally new to me. Stress will cause this?
        I will get a few things done today. They will be mostly sit-down jobs.
        Hope you all have a great day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maxie, I would love a nice stormy night! That’s the time I sleep best. Wish I could say we have a storm coming in the near future, but NO! Instead we are facing the onset of a sizzling weekend, plus they expect 100° on Monday.

(Karlinann, will you get to 100° first? The race is on!)

Also, Maxie, I have given up ironing ages ago. I found that knit fabrics, which are put on hangers strait from the dryer do not wrinkle. Same thing with jeans or pants. Fold them for a hanger direct from the dryer, and they’re fine. (E did take his “best” pants to the cleaners to be cleaned and pressed. But really, nobody here really notices - or cares - whether pants are pressed or not.). Then there are the places that sell pants with a “sewn in” crease, and I really hate those because guess where the worn threads show up first! Now that’s more horrible!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            Gary always took his good shirts to the cleaners and said light starch and all was good!
            It is a little shocking to me to see boys wearing totally un-ironed shirts to church with a tie but with so many wrinkles. Not sure if they even have hangers at some of these homes!

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I iron a lot...the sleeves and collars on Jon's shirts and most of my new shirts are cotton. I have seen people walk in here an I want to rip the shirt off them and iron it! Can your pharmacy deliver your meds? Even when I lived in my bitsy home town the pharm would deliver. Call them and check. And yes, stress can cause all types of things! Just do what you can do and remember it will all get done or it won't and someone else will have to help do it. Take care of your health and the quicker you move the faster you can settle back into normalcy.

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            I iron a lot...the sleeves and collars on Jon's shirts and most of my new shirts are cotton. I have seen people walk in here an I want to rip the shirt off them and iron it! Can your pharmacy deliver your meds? Even when I lived in my bitsy home town the pharm would deliver. Call them and check. And yes, stress can cause all types of things! Just do what you can do and remember it will all get done or it won't and someone else will have to help do it. Take care of your health and the quicker you move the faster you can settle back into normalcy.

I did call the pharmacy yesterday. They do not deliver.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Bummer!!!!

My neighbor was very pleasant in accepting my request to take me to my pharmacy in Fry’s. In fact, she even suggested the pharmacy could give her permission to pick up my meds there. So I put my info on a card and gave it to her.
          she also suggested she get my mail for me as well.
          She is taking care of her mom who is 90 years old, and has similar problems.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
          X