Tuesday, May 28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, May 28

Good morning Rounders! I've been up for a couple of hours now, reading and playing games. We had such a hot day yesterday and I noticed that our grass is getting dried up. It was 78* when I logged on to the computer, so it didn't cool down too much last night and the AC is still kicking on. I heard thunder and saw lightning, but I don't think it rained at all. We are very dry here and in need of some rain. I'm praying for it to rain.

I don't really have anything to do outside until this dry spell is over. I've mulched all that I can and will just need to keep the pots and birdbath watered.

Hope all of you had a great time yesterday. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...camping was wonderful!!! So much food! It was so nice to see everyone..a total of 40 people some didn’t stay 30 of us camped. When I got home I found my air conditioner not working. It was 88 in the house. I spent the night in front of the fan. My dad and uncle are coming this morning to look at it. They are on their way now. I am about to get dressed and go for donuts. I hope they are able to fix it because I feel like crap!!

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is out one moment & covered the next. Storms are on the menu for the next few days...hit & miss.

Yesterday was mostly good. I had a nagging headache most of the day & when I get one of those, my stomach rolls. Not a good combo. BUT that didn't stop my cooking. Oh my the strawberry pie was so good. I haven't had strawberry pie in years. The Mexican coleslaw was OK. Wished I hadn't made so much. Grilled lots of chicken drumsticks and came home with lots.

Part of the issue was 3 of my SIL nieces and their families who were SUPPOSE to be coming, didn't. That's 9 people we cooked for & didn't show. She thought that might happen. It also made for a very disappointed Blaise because the kids he thought he'd have to play with weren't there. He ended up in tears & went home early with Cork. Tears...yup...couldn't figure out what the problem was. He came in sobbing and wouldn't tell us what was wrong. Went out and ask Kathy what the problem was, and she had no idea. Her & Matt then talked with him and it FINALLY came out that he was jealous of Buddy's newborn who was getting attention. Now, whether that's really true or not, I'll never know. Shoot, none of us were even close to the baby at that point. Who knows. The baby is adorable though. It has this soft sticking straight out strawberry blonde hair. We were a bunch of party poopers and everyone was leaving by 7pm. Short party. I would have stayed & played cards, but my Mom & Becca were tired. I came home and ate another piece of pie and watched TV.

Not sure what today will bring. I have nothing planned except for karate this evening & it's the early night, which I like. Just get it done & over with. Only 8 more days of school. I do need to go to the pool place and see about 2 parts. The water is looking great, but we can't clean the bottom yet because of broken stuff. Oh the joys!!!! Glad Cork is dealing with it. He worked his butt off this weekend. Today they are supposedly starting to work 6/10's, which won't leave him with much time or very little energy to do anything once he gets home. He needs LOTS of sleep. If sleeping could be considered a hobby, it would be his favorite one.

Hope it's an easy fix Bethina. KA....keep cool!

Tootles!

Comment

Good morning! Sunny and warm today. Saw on the news this morning you are having a lot of heat Karlinann. It isn't fair how some of us get so much rain and others don't. We have more predicted for the next couple of days and are flooding.

Well my Blues did not do so well last night. We were kinda out skated there for a while. Tomorrow is another day but this is nerve racking. Even if we do not win I want to win at least one game. The officiating was fair but I do not like playng on the road

Started my ironing yesterday and the iron wouldn't turn on...Sooooo, I bought another but then it was to late to start anything. I remember my mom having the same iron for years and years and I get 2 years out of mine no matter how much I pay. Bought a cheapie yesterday so maybe it will work longer. Or I won't get upset when it clonks out.

Only three more meals to plan. I could make a celebratory lasagna for Thursday...Andrew likes lasagna. But then I have to go to the store. Need to go to the store anyway...hate hauling groceries.

Beth glad you had a good camping trip. Guess you missed any rain?

Nothing going on around here and that is fine...dull is good and very inexpensive! Have a wonderful day..

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          Maxie we had one 20 or 30 minute shower on Sunday. The weather wasn't bad at all.

Good Tuesday to you all! I have tokeep reminding myself it is not Monday, but is a work day. The daycare is open because one mom said she might have to come early, but no text and no one, yet, so I will let the dogs alert me if they do show up earlier than usual.

We grilled yesterday and had a great green salad to go with it. Nothing really like a Memorial Day meal, but we are both trying to take off a few pounds (me more than a few). We visited with very good friends who are dealing with the husband's cancer. took over ice cream and topping that I know he likes but did not eat any with them...told them to save it for later. His wife is one who will not eat anything someone else makes at pot lucks and such, so I know not to take a meal into them. I have one other friend who is like that and she told me Nancy (this friend) is the same. Definitely a different way of doing life, but as Donna says: to each their own. I know I will probably take her the ingredients for one of our favorite crockpot meals for some help.
        There are people who we would assign to bring butter or dressing to church dinners and not rely on them for anything cooked. But, I don't know anyone right now that I would not feel ok about eating food they bring.

Saturday, speaking of food, will be a funeral that the family is providing the food but asking for people to cook it???Not sure if it is ham or what; enough already volunteered to do that. I may see what kind of serving help is needed, but I am waiting until Friday. I have o problem helping, but sometimes I feel like waiting a bit to let others get the nudge to do something...
        At times I have nicely (I hope) suggested when they are calling around for food for a dinner they can start at the end of the alphabet and ask for casseroles and main dishes from the Zuccatos, Yates and Wilhites and let the Anderson's bring a salad or dessert. People just don't think about it; they just want to get all the dinners signed up.
        Right now we are starting to get volunteers for dinners for a family that the mom (44) si on her second round of chemo starting Wed.

gotta go: someone just got here.

Comment

Hi, everyone.

I just returned from my doctor’s appointment. Unfortunately after several steps I get dizzy, So nephew made me ride in a wheelchair.
          Another visit without a need for an infusion. Yay. However, I now have a fast and irregular heart rate. It’s probably the cause of the dizziness I’ve been having. My pharmacy will be calling with a mild prescription for that.
          Also, I am not getting enough sleep. I usually wake after 4 hours. I might get 5 or almost 6 hours on a good night, which might be once a week. I return in two weeks for a follow up.

On the way out, I saw the guy who used to run the desk in my oncology section, I told him about Ellis. They used to joke back and forth. Nice young man. He was shocked to hear the news, but I’m so pale right now he knew it wasn’t a joke. He was as sorry as he was surprised at the news, and gave me a very nice gentle hug.

I have a call or two to make today. Then I might try to take a short nap. Maybe I can ease my way into a better sleep pattern. So many things to handle.

Yesterday didn’t get over 79°, and was surprisingly beautiful weather. Today is supposed to be 81°, halfway up the 80’s tomorrow, then 90’s through the weekend, and very likely to hit 100° on Monday. Summer is here.

Sounds like you all have had a great weekend. Yay! That’s what holidays are for. I spent yesterday just sitting around all day. That alone was a treat. Today the real world must be dealt with. *sigh*

Have a good Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X