Sunday, May 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, May 26

Good morning Rounders! Aunt Maye, believe me if I knew a way to keep him awake at day and sleep at night I would share it with you. One thing I can share with you though is that when he gets up early one morning you get up with him, make bkfst, give him his dose of meds, and make him a cup of cocoa, sugar free. Cocoa is one thing that will help me to sleep. It may not work on Senor David. Try it! When he goes back to bed, you do to. I don't sleep in the daytime, but it's like an automatic internal clock for me to awake early and turn in early. Conditioning from years of working and getting up early so I could have ME time before having to go to the grind. I hated night shift, but I did it. I was miserable.

Yesterday morning I did all kinds of garden work. I moved all the leaf compost that I had piled up and put it around the tomato plants on the bank, the poinsettia's out front, and around all my new plants in the borders. There was some bird action out there to get the worms. They couldn't wait for me to go in so they could get started. I also moved some of my pavers around and some Mondo grass. It looks good. I am going to move the Poinsettia's again. They are dying out front. It's nothing but sand and the Elm tree zaps all the moisture from everything out there, plus the sun is relentless. I'm putting them back where I had them.

Today is my peaceful day, rest, relax, read, play computer games, work a puzzle.....wait! That's what I do every other day of the week! LOL!

I'm baking a Lemon Pound Cake, box mix from Aldi's. We will have some today and we are going to Wendy's for the Biggie Bag. Dinner will be very light or nothing. Tomorrow is ribs, grill bourbon & bacon beans, Texas Taters, and that Lemon Cake. I have already started wearing my white shorts as of yesterday. Happy pre Memorial Day Sunday to all of you. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning, everyone. ☕️
    today is my DD’s last day with me. I will miss her.

Yesterday I came down with something. I was so sleepy I slept the day and night away, sweating a lot. I woke up today with a sore throat. I don’t need this.

Verizon is raising their prices. So DD put me on her TMobil account. That’s one less thing to worry about.

Nothing special happening here this weekend.

Hope you all all have a great weekend. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Take care of yourself Jo. What was that commercial that a summer cold is a dirty old animal?
      Jon put me on his AT&T account last year and it not only saved me money but gave me more 'things' than I had...not that I use them but I could go on the internet from my phone if I wanted! Watch your health and do not overdo.

Good morning! Rain this morning then clearing up this afternoon. If it does not rain we will have to water. We planted to many new things this spring to let them die of thirst. Today I need to get the white plastic chairs scrubbed and on the porch. Since we never use it I just bought those cheap deep chairs last summer and they looked good but got all green moldy. Need to dig out the Welcome sign and clean the bench too. What have I been waiting for? I paid the credit card bill for all the plants etc yesterday...yikes it is expensive!

Thursday is Andrew's last day of school so we won;t be seeing him everyday. He will just be in and out now so maybe I can keep food...I am not starving or malnourished but sometimes I am hard pressed to find something to eat! Will seem strange with both kids gone. Already I have noticed how much time I spent doing laundry...now that I am only doing it twice a week instead of every day. I do need to iron today. Good day since Jon will be gone and I will be home alone. Hope his parties do not get rained out.

Well things are boring around here. Karlinann and Jostoy are full of energy and just keep going. Maye maybe with David getting out more he will fix his day/night sleep thing himself. He will be more stimulated during the day? So glad he is beginning to feel better. I have not been to wendy's in a log while...right now I am waiting for Arby's to get in their chicken salad wraps. Love that stuff! But am pretty sick of McD's so might have to switch to Wendy's. We have all or most of the fast food places around here!!

Have a wonderful and fun filled Sunday everyone. You are right Karlinann..time to haul out the white!

Comment

Good morning all.

Maxie, my energizer battery is about all used up. Good thing I only have 2 boxes left in the shed to unpack.

Will be going to another Church with my S-I-L today. We are searching for a Church, so we go to a different one every Sunday. Soon we'll decide which Church we liked, and stop the search.

My niece is having a cook-out this evening, so will get some time with my great-great niece and nephew. Haven't seen them since I moved here. Just too tired in the evening to go anywhere.

Everyone have a Blessed Sunday.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good Sunday morning ...
        did have sunshine for a while but getting very dark,heavy clouds . probably start to rain shortly...oops raining now.. makes no difference to me.. not going anywhere.. or doing anything ... I liked what maxie and Karlin said. fill my day with " rest, relax, read, play computer-like games ,( on my cell phone).. work sudoka puzzles. throw in a load of laundry now and then.. (we won't mention all the other million things we get done running a house.)

will have to throw in feeding us two. ummm,, Mug Meatballs, made in microwave, baked potato, made in microwave, some frozen corn ( last summers) warm in microwave...... Thank you to the guys who invented the microwave..

made a bunch of hard boiled eggs. put together with my home canned Pickled Beets.. will take to Donna's Brothers picnic tomorrow.. If David feels ok... if Not, we will eat them ...

Jo Gee. take care of yourself.. you have been going 75 miles an hr .getting stuff done.. slow down dear lady.slow down.

time for another cup of coffee. Clothes dry in dryer,, will get them out before lunch ,maybe.

Comment

Good Sunday rainy morning! I have my umbrella sitting by the door so I don't have to go back and forth for it. I don't care about coming home from church if it's raining, but I would like to get there looking dry and presentable.

The tornado did not touch down, but I am asking a friend to share her picture: huge funnel cloud with a bright bolt of lightening in it. Other photos posted were very similar. We aren't used to tornados at all, maxie, so that explains why people take the time to get their phone out and take a picture! You all would be shaking your heads...

I am already to grill and hope the weather clears up. We are having temps in the 70's; someone said we are finally having a normal Spring, but certainly not our normal! I am not complaining about it. No running the air and no worrying about the corners of the lawn. My lawn guy set up sprinklers on timers on the back and the front but now I am wondering how I water my lawn between the two driveways.

My favorite fast food is Carl's Jr, their Western bacon burger. It has barbecue sauce and onion rings on it. At Arby's right now I like the gyros...but, I am trying to lose the 10 pounds I have gained since my trip to Spencer's last Oct. Tricky little things sneak right up on ya if you don't watch out. Or don't care which is how I was feeling. I have lost half of it and working on the next 5. I can focus on 5 at a time.

Ok, Karlinann, is Clematis the same as Passion flower? I thought it was, but was corrected on Facebook...The flower posted looked exactly like what my parents had climbing on their gate and my mom called it clematis...

Off to put on a bit of makeup and spray this hair. At least the wind does not look like it is blowing, yet.
          have a wonderful day! Later today I will go out to the cemetery and freshen up the flowers.

Jostoy, I hope you find a church that will serve you and also one that needs your service. You have so much to offer, and I don't just mean a truck to haul stuff! Seeing such an example of self reliance is a strength to many of us.

Jo, I sure hope you feel better and don't come down with anything. Sit and sip and build up the strength you have been using up.

Cookielady, I wish I were more brave at yard sales. I am wanting to have one and to go to some. Going will win out; I just hate the haggle!
          Good for you to find what you need and use it, too!

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Clematis and Passion Flower are definitely different. Clematis is a vining plant that lives like a Perennial. It has big beautiful blooms all over it and will last until fall. It comes back out in the spring. Passion Flower is a wild sort of vine that grows along the ground and bears fruit, yes, Passion Fruit. It is sweet and delicious. The flower is not very big, but it has a history, something biblical, but I forget what it is. You should be able to look it up online. I used to have a white clematis and it was so lovely. I can tell you that they like the morning sun, but don't put it in the blue blazing sun. It won't last. Give it something to climb on and up.

Afternoon!!! It pours, then the sun comes out...crazy!

Yesterday I can't say that I accomplished much. After going to garage sales, Blaise & I made a dbl batch of cottage cheese bread...turned out great! Set it out on the porch to rise, and with it being so warm & humid, it raised beautifully. Ended up making 3 small pans of lasagna. One for Blaise & me, one to cut & give away at church today, and one for Kathy & her out-of-state company. She'll be picking it up later this afternoon. Had a relaxing evening.

This morning after church & SS, I dropped off Blaise at home, and then headed into town. Need to pick up some picnic supplies for tomorrow's party. Got 4lbs of strawberries for pies plus a little of this & that. Got blessed. The lady in front of me at Giant Eagle paid for my package of hamburger. How nice was that?!?! Next on the agenda is mixing up & rolling out pie dough. Mid-afternoon Blaise & I are going to a local nursing home to do the Sunday service. It's my SS's turn. I take Blaise because the people just love having children, and he's not afraid of them. He'll be doing a reading of some sort.

Not sure if I'll be making dinner or not. Becca might come down & visit with Kathy & her company when they come get the lasagna. She knew these friends when we lived out in Shelby, though they mostly hung out with Kathy.

No cards tonight, so I'll just relax and start one of my new books I got at the church library today. The last few evenings I've been catching up on some of my recorded shows.

We are Arby's people. I like BK. If I got to McD's, I like their fish sandwich best, but it's so small, that it's just starting to fill you, but just not quite.

Have a good one all!

Paula...sometimes you don't even have to say anything. Just hesitating, tilting your head, or putting something back after carrying for a while will prompt them to lower the price.

Comment

Working...
          X