Friday, May 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, May 24

Good morning Rounders! It's going to be 96* today with nary a drop of rain in sight.

DH was very impressed with his therapist and he has another appt this morning so that he can get 2 appts. in this week because of the upcoming holiday. His therapist started him out with stretches. Next week he will need the ankle brace and the one we bought is not supportive enough he said. DH is going to try and get one through his insurance & I'll return the one I bought at CVS.

My new laundry policy is to have the dirty laundry setting in front of the washer in the garage the night before I do it. That way when I get up early I can put it on and be done with the laundry before daylight. It's too hot in that garage otherwise.

I carried compost to my tomato plants on the bank yesterday morning and one of them has blooms. Now remember these plants were 2 or 3 inches high when I transplanted them to the bank. I will need to put my compost around them for awhile cuz the soil is nothing but sand. Next month starts the rainy season and they will get good rain, but right now they need nourishment. Some of those Zinnia seeds I sowed directly into the ground are up. Hurrah! I think when the rainy season starts a bunch of things will pop.

I got 2 packs of Cilantro at Aldi's for 29 cents ea last Wednesday. I made Cilantro Rice for dinner last evening and dh had Ribeye steak and I had Soup Beans cooked with Ham with mine. Delicious! I put the other bag in the freezer and I'm going to stop at Aldi's to see if they still have some. Love that stuff.

I will go out early this morning before the sun comes up and fill the birdbath if it needs it and access the garden/flowerpots to see if they need water, but I watered yesterday so I think they are ok.

That's the news for my neck of the woods. Jostoy are you whipping your new digs into place? Let us hear from you sometimes. All you Rounders have a great Memorial Day Weekend. Eat some good food for me, especially a slice of watermelon and some rich decadent dessert. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good SUNNY Morning! Yesterday we got some rain, but not a ton.

Well my day turned out different than planned. Initially I was to have lunch with Linda from the farm stand I bake pies for. She text & she was sick. I then called my Mom around 10:00 and she was up for lunch. I called her around 11:00 to tell her we could go earlier because the lady picking up cookies wasn't coming until 130pm. Well she had all kinds of excuses, so she didn't come. It was just me. So I got the pies ready for Mel's, delivered then, and had lunch all by myself. Shouldn't have, but I did.

Came home and got started on rolling out & baking sugar cookies. I baked what I needed, and because it was so warm, the dough was getting sticky. So back into the refrig it went . Cooked a real dinner. They better have enjoyed it, cause I'm not cooking tonight.

Not sure what today will bring. I do have to ice a carrot cake, and I'd like to ice the sugar cookies for next week's order so I can just forget about them then. Taking Blaise to karate, and then to his BF BD party at the local roller rink. I think I'll pick up the few groceries I need for Monday's picnic. I saw a recipe on FB for a Mexican Cole Slaw & I want to try that.

KA....I picked up a pot of basil at Aldi's the other day that looked like it was on it's way to the plant graveyard & got it for $.49. Watered it & it got some good rain too, and it's lookin good. Now to get it planted. Did I mention I've got a black thumb?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing wrong about going out to lunch by yourself, Cookie. I do it the most of the time, and enjoy it as well.

Ok, lost this post again....3rd time. That has to be an omen from the universe to tell me to stop wasting my time.

Maybe I'll try again later but for now it is aggravating to be hitting a button that I don;t know I am hitting or where in the heck it even is.

Have a wonderful weekend. Going to warm up to 90 today...a summer day finally!

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      Boy Maxie, we are cool yet up here in northern Indiana. We've only had 1 or 2 days in the mid seventies. Enjoy that "natural" heat. I still have to pay for my heat. (in the house)

Good morning everyone.

Got my shed late afternoon last Saturday, so carried a bunch of stuff out of the garage and the "junky" shed that was already here. Got all the "utensils" hung up and the 2 spreaders. That took all day to get the shed arranged.

Yesterday I worked on a cabinet for 4 hours. I bought it from Lowes on the 9th. When checking off the parts list, I found a whole door missing and a broken side panel as well as a few small parts missing. The paper inside said to call the company instead of returning to Lowes. The first guy I talked to said all would be sent in 5-7 days. After the 9th day I recalled the company. The lady couldn't find where the order had been placed so she reordered and said Monday or Tuesday. Well it arrived Wed. So I started putting it together. The bottom went together real easy but the sides and back panel wouldn't fit together. So after 4 hours, I gathered everything together and back to lowes it went. They never gave me a bit of a problem in taking it back. So all I can say is don't buy a Ketter cabinet.

From Lowes I went to Walmart and bought shelving for 1/4 of the price. I didn't want shelving, but it was put together in probably 10 minutes. Took about 15 minutes to get everything off the floor and the top of my dryer. Now I'm happy with my laundry room. I can always put something on the back of the shelving to keep things from being shoved off the shelves.

Today is sawing shelf boards for shelving in the cabinets in the garage. Then I can complete emptying totes and boxes out there.

So as you can see, I've been a bit busy around here. What days I didn't work was going to Drs. When you move you have to get all new Drs. and that really jams up the calendar. Plus I have to go to therapy to see if they can get my Balance back. This falling is not fun, especially when you take big hunks of hide off your arms and legs. I know when I get tired I should stop, but I keep pushing myself until I star stumbling, and that causes me to fall.

Ok Karli, is that enough information about what I've been doing ?

Everyone have a good day, and stay "upright".
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      YOu could easily have your own show on HGTV! And I would be watching it, for sure.

Well, it is Friday and that always has a special ring to it. I was up and ready for a child that was needing to arrive early this morning, but it turns out he won't be coming at all.

Sunny and nice out. We aren't warming up too quickly so I doubt it will be swimming weather this weekend. Usually we are in the pool by the middle of May; then June starts out cooler and who knows what will be coming this year? Our city pool did not open until school was out and my kids were always so cold because the weather did not stay warm the first part of June. For Becky's high school graduation we all had on coats!

Did I say I am going to plant this weekend out front? I also have a few big pots that will get vegetables planted in them. I just want to try to grow some of the ones we really like. The small cherry tomatoes and zucchini and cucumbers...

Karlinann, I keep forgetting to post this: when you talked about seeing the snake out by your pots, it reminded me of a picture on MY Home is California: a nice big rattlesnake curled up in a flower pot on someone's porch!!! the house is in Elk Grove, near Sacramento. All pictures are vetted before they are posted and you could tell it was real. Ugh. So keep an eye on your pots!
    Usually, the pictures are of beautiful nature on this site.
    One photo Ishared on my facebook page is of Calla Valley, in Big Sur where calla lilies grow wild right down to the ocean. So lovely!

Watermelon is on our menu as is burgers on the grill. I really want some good ribs, too,so will go to the BBQ guy who does a great rub and then smokes the meat. I am taking flowers from my yard to the cemetery. Gary's and my daughter's graves here and then down to corning for his parents' graves.

I hope you all get sun and warm weather and you find those posts, maxie, or just come back to catch us up.
    Jostoy, I hope the heat canbe turned off soon in the house.
    Rounders, have a good day!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      I just spent an hour on the phone (5-6 a.m.) regarding a check I got for a “cancelled insurance”......and I didn’t cancel any. The guy did research and had someone else researching what this was about. There was no cancelled insurance, as it turned out, but a “premium refund” for my current situation. I can cash the stupid check now. I admit I don’t know the legalese terms in insurance or finance, but I’ll muddle through.
      DD and her DH are staying til Monday. They don’t want me alone here on Ellis’ & my anniversary on Sunday. It would be 46 years.

It is a sunny day here, and should get up to 87°. It’ll stay in the 80’s til Tuesday. My pistash tree has new growth on it....it looks like red flowers, but it’s just the new leaves that come in red. Very pretty.

I am sorting kitchen stuff today. The kids found a whole new set of Pyrex in the garage or storage unit. So I’ll pick what I want.....the rest will go to the other girls or to Goodwill.

DD+ should be here within the hour, unless they slept in. They’ve really worked hard here.
      I should grab a piece of toast or something.

Karlinann, you are one busy gal. Your meals sound good, and watermelon sounds really good about now.

cookie, do you make carrot cake cookies? If so, I may have an order for you. I haven’t seen your goodie list or prices in a while.

Maxie, the cyber gremlins visit us all at some time or other. I know just how frustrating they can be!
      Hope you all have a great day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning,,,

been up "awake " forever it seems.. DAvid's body still has night and day mixed.. he sleeps so sound in the daytime.. and at night he is awake by 1am,, and by 3am has the Tv on so loud the neighbors can probably hear it!.. and that is the end of my sound sleep.. ...
        I have lots of little jobs I would like to be doing...but the pep is not here to get started... I have been sorting and tossing stuff out of little drawers or corner of cupboard or closets..such as:
        old shoes. high heel shoes all gone.. stained, old everyday tops,blouses,,, gone... books are slowly getting sorted . box for the library summer sale is getting fuller...over 1/2 of the file drawers folders have been sorted and old ,useless papers torn up.

think I will go to my storage area in the house garage, which is not used as a garage, it is MY area , freezer, canned goods. where we put lawn chairs in winter. etc etc... lots of stuff I can probably organize and toss..

Maxie,, keep writing...and I know all about hitting the Wrong button and losing it all..

this getting old is a darn nuisance... the thing I hate the worst is NOT the pains in the knees,, but the brain cells that are dying..
        I would not mind the ones that hold memory of when I was 22, or 42 ... but losing the one that remembers what I did 5 minutes ago is MOST annoying... Where did I put my keyes?. go into a room and forget what you went there for. agggg..

Karlin I too take the clothes basket to the laundry,,all ready to put load in... and sometimes when D. has me awake at 4am, I go down and start them.. might as well get something productive done..

Donna, I took David to Walmart yesterday, and out to Arby's , He did good ... even used his came in public... OR I would have loved dinner out with you..

Hi to you all... hope your day and plans all come together for you.. see you later.

Comment

Ok, Scott just left and I am going to try again. I think I am missing the shift button and hitting control. Normally I do not have enough strength to get the same pressure on every key but for some reason there is plenty of strength in my finger to hit the wrong key...ya know?

Last night I slept 10 hours! It is monumentally exhausting to be nice to that bf! Totally wore me out...but the evening was nice enough. She got her papers filled out even though her dad was not sure what some of them were. Since when do you need all these financial papers? They are certainly not paying her enough to rate all the paperwork. She starts next Tuesday on a week of orientation, a computer class, etc. She has to travel to 3 different locations. She just interned there a few weeks ago so what is left for her to learn? Oh well..

Scott lives 3 hours south of us and his seasons are little ahead of us. Last night he and his brother were comparing gardens. Ours is suffering from cold and rain and a little stunted and Scott's tomatoes have buds. I am sure he would have tried to tell Jon he already had peppers if he could have gotten away with it. Men and their gardens!

Getting old is a nuisance Maye. It is also hard work! I think forgetfullness is just to much stuff in our brains. We are the ones who do the work and make the plans and handle the problems and no one cares when we get aggravated or overwhelmed. I leave my keys in the same place...behind my husbands flag case..in the living room. I also put my sunglasses there and have found that when they are missing it is because someone has used my keys. They knew where to find them but could not put them back? The appointment calendar is full of notes and paper clipped notices and I am putting more info in my phone contacts. I no longer keep track of Sierra's stuff but Jon is leaving things laying. He sees his dr regularly for the diabetes and is still working on getting that darn tooth replaced and is seeing two dentists. And all of them are piling crap on the table for me to handle. #1. I hate crap on the table of any type! #2. Keep track of your own crap! #3. If you have something you want me to look at hand it to me and do not think I am going to find it! Plus he keeps this house so cold I am having to go outside to warm up and then I have to listen to 'are you sick?'. No I just have frozen brain cells and believe me when I say you do not want them frozen and coming back to life someday...you do not want to know what goes through my brain now and certainly not later!! They may not love me anymore, ya know?

I had to wait a long time to get in to see the dermatologist yesterday but he came right in once I got back and since I was a call in he looked at my concerns a pooh pooed the one and the one on my lip that he froze last time I thought was back but he said it was another and he took two this time. I have this ugly lip so just as well we have no plans. He says I took some healthy sun in my youth and I told him I am a product of the 60s..we did not work, we sunned and played and then we married in the 70s and had country club babies...everyday at the pool in the sun. So many memories of Tinker and our kids every summer day...I will take the penalty now for those memories.

I have laundry to do and a bed to change. Friday so no cooking and pizza last night. Scott lead the pizza delivery guy in and he was not out of the kitchen before the hoggy dogs swept in. Bet he was glad he left with all his fingers! It was nice to see them all sitting on the floor around the coffee table eating. We never use the kitchen table to eat pizza.

Karlinann, when Scott has his ligament surgery the doctor provided all the braces and boots. He has since bought an ankle brace for grass cutting but he has done that I think more out of fear of twisting it again. Oh my that watermelon sounds so good..maybe I will trek down to the produce stand. Jon brought in corn this week and it was so sweet. Not sure where it came from but it was worth the price. Ok I have told you so much than you ever wanted to know about me and I know you are all wishing I had gotten those first posts in before I got gabby. He he..

Comment

Working...
          X