Thursday, May 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, May 23

Good morning Rounders! The birds are singing up a storm, oh how I wish. We are ultra dry here and no rain in sight. Aunt Maye, dear, I offer you my deepest sympathy in dealing with companies of any kind. BTDT a time or two. Major frustration. Hang in there girl.

Well, we're not getting the villa. The seller didn't want to work with us on the pricing, contingency, etc., etc., so it's not happening. You know I am okay to stay here. We can always get the yard mowed by a company when we get disabled to do that work and I love my gardens and would miss piddling around in them. Also I just ordered a string trim mower and new checks, so there! That's 3 good reasons to stay put, plus it's too expensive to move when you have to change all that stuff. It wasn't meant to be.

Today is DH's first PT appt. Hope it goes well. We had to buy an ankle brace for him to use during PT. The cost of Sx is adding up.

Today is also Yard Waste pick-up and I've got to get it to the curb. Plenty of time though. Do you realize that except for one hour or so I stayed in bed until 5:30, which is late for me to get up. Wow! I really was exhausted last evening and I went to sleep in my chair watching tv.

Wish I could send some of this heat to you Maxie & CL. You are welcome to it. Jo, you will be fine when they all go home because you are a strong woman and they are only a phone call away. You will treasure the time alone for closure I'm thinking. Bless you.

I'm outta here! Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Well another night of storms and tornado warnings. My rain gauge is showing over 5 inches of rain in the last two nights. Normally I sleep through storms but last night was exceptionally noisy around midnight. Beth you out there camping? More rain this weekend but temps should start rising into the 80s. Isn't it Memorial Day? Where is summer? The Missouri tornado is no where close to me in Illinois but as the storms crossed the river they were still spinning which caused alerts for us..nothing touched down by me in Illinois. If there is a possibility of a storm producing a tornado or if a tornado is spotted we are put under warnings and watches. Last nights tornado in Missouri did a lot of damage I saw on the news this morning. We are going to deal with more flooding and flood walls are being put back up.

Good Morning! I got ahead of myself with these darn storms night after night. Today I have an afternoon dermatologist appointment. I hate hate hate afternoon appointments and always go for the first of the day but I am a squeeze in. Sierra and her bf are coming late afternoon. She has employment papers she wants her dad to help her with for the new job. Naturally she will drag Mr. Wonderful along for us to feed. Scott texted later to say he was coming in around 6. I think he will just be here one night but had to have Andrew clean his room...my guest room does not have a mattress on the bed. I have a 2:30 appointment so will be running late, Jon does not get home until 4 so we are ordering pizza. I need to clean a bathroom but other than that I am not cleaning for this gang of people. They will eat us out of house and home then go back to their own homes with full tummys...I hope they go home!!

Oh, Maye, I hate dealing with people over the phone. They confuse you to the point that you just pay the bill to get it done. Try again later and maybe you will get a new person and the two of you will understand each other better.

Well, Karlinann, still a disappointment about the villa. But I thought you would miss piddling in the garden. Remodel something in your present place and it will be the same as moving! Wish you could send us some hot and dry.

My sister called and she cannot get anyone for Memorial Day so we will be doing nothing. Jon is off this weekend but has party plans and works Monday. Her kids have plans on different days and Scott is only going to be here a short time so we cannot even get people together on the same day. I think I will pickup a couple of steaks and bake some potatoes and have Jon grill after work then watch the game Monday. Party!!

Gotta go clean the bathroom and straighten Andrew's bed...it is clean but I will spray it and freshen it. As much as I dislike this bf I am looking forward to having my kids home for one night anyway. Does not happen often and I am glad when it does.

Have a wonderful day and wish I could send some rain around to all of you.

Comment

Good morning...we leave to camp today. Apparently tornado sirens went off here in the night and I slept through them.

time for breakfast...I think pancakes are being made.

Comment

First: Aunt Maye, I totally agree with what you said: we all need each other, more so at one time or another.
        Karlinann, what Maxie said about remodeling one room is how I look at the idea of moving. I figure once I get my office cleared out and no longer have too much stuff (how and when does that happen?!) and retire from daycare I will have at least two new rooms available and the office will be a third. Something to look forward to. then there is the whole backyard I will recover when half of my backyard is not filled with a slide and climbing structure (thank you to Little tykes and Playskool!). And the tugboat sandbox...who knows how long it will take to get the yard back, but that is for another day.

I am running on less sleep than usual. Monday night was late at the car dealership (those guys are willing to work long hours for those sales), and then last night's food agency required meeting. We have them once a year and usually in September. I am not sure if they are getting ready for another federal audit (with unannounced estra visits) or what. This meeting was the full 2 hours with the first hour being a crash course in safe food handling...like no one in the room had been doing daycare for Years! and because it is normally a three hour course (which can only be another form of torture the CIA could use) and we were doing it in 1, the slides were flying by and its a good thing no one really had too many questions. The presenter would ask a question and whomever answered it correctly got a prize tossed to them. I was just trying to sit and get through but did answer some that I was surprised no one else seemed to know: wha ttemp should your refrigerator be at and what temperature does water boil? Especially the boiling point of water...who doesn't know that? Maybe the rest were falling asleep by then. It is a miracle I have never had a major illness nor any in my family or daycare by the way the presenter put things...kind of like when the Red Cross does the jfirst aid and safety classes. I learned long ago to not take those! Too thorough and too much information!

Ok, today is not supposed to rain and the temperature is going up in small amounts. Maybe, just maybe summer is in sight. Do you think I jinxed us by taking the blanket back off the bed that I removed a while back a nd then had to put back on last week? WE will see.

I hate the over the phone dealings too. the last time I called ATT to ask about a huge charge I ended up changing our internet service and U-verse is no faster than DSL had been and the bill was for a new phone that I forgot we had added...I have learned to go to their store up inREdding (not one of the little satellite stores) and be prepared to take a long time. I can't even manage the account to find out information. Becky is thinking she will change to Verizon for better coverage where she works and is waiting to go to a store rather than talk on the phone so it isn't even just an age thing! With her it is more of a low patience thing! lol

I had better get moving. I could sit with you all and chat all day, I think.
        I am glad you told us you are not impacted by the tornados, maxie, and hopeit stays that way.
        Beth, I hope you are all able to enjoy camping.
        We are just taking it easy for this Memorial Day weekend and resting up. I do need to get flowers for the cemetery and clean up around our family graves. The cemetery is putting in sprinklers and when that gets done I am hoping it will look better. the roses are blooming and I am happy aabout that. They are light purple (sterling silver may be the name?) because my daughter loved purple and so tha tis what I had the cemetery plant.

Hope all is well at your house! Or tent!

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought you were moving to Florida after retirement. Even if you don't move you will come to a point where you will want to downsize. One person does not take up much space and a big house is more to clean.

Good morning. ☕️ I've been up a couple of hours. Had oatmeal for breakfast.
        Today will get only to the mid-70's. Big drop. The thermometer is like a yo-yo.

I will be glad when I get this topsy turvey house in order again. Their idea of organizing is different from mine. But they are trying. They've done all the heavy work, so I won't complain. Much.

No plans for the holiday weekend here. This Sunday would have been our anniversary, #46 I think. DD found 2 more bottles of wine do had hidden. I can't drink it anyway.

Well, back to my old grind. The kids got me a new printer that works, so maybe we can make copies of what I'm signing. So darn much paperwork. Oh, the bank made our accounts totally mine, and I have a new bank card. Yay! I can pay bills again. I can place orders online again.

Wishing you all a great day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun WAS shining, but really black clouds are rolling in....thanks Maxie!

Yesterday was good. I piddled around until it was time to head into town. Initially Kathy & I were going out to lunch and then invited Becca too. Well Kathy called and she was sick, so it was just me & Becca. I zipped into the thrift store and found one pair of jeans for Cork. On Monday they are going to have a 50% sale on all clothes no matter what the ticket color. I hope to go back in then and get Cork another pair or two of jeans.

Becca & I met at the Chinese buffet, then grocery shopped together. Aldi's still had their flower bouquets for $2, so I got myself some pink roses. They look so pretty. The red roses Blaise got me for MD were on their last stem, so I pitched them, pulled out some sort of spikey flower from my garden that I had in with them, and added them to the new roses. Sharp Shopper reduced the apple juice to 3/$1, so I scooped up all of them....$4 worth. That was the big find of the day.

Came home to an order from Mel's, so I got busy on that. Someone was wanting elderberry pie, and I've been planning on getting some of those in July. Well I ordered them yesterday from the bakery supply place and picked them up this morning. Now I can make their pie(s)! When I stopped in to deliver their PB pies, the two head waitresses ask me about my HoHo cake roll. Well I was going home to fill the rest of my mini gobbs, which uses the same white filling. I made their HH rolls & got them delivered. They were shocked I did them so quickly. Timing...it was good. I spent the evening slowly making two cream pies & a gluten free fudge cake for them for today.

This morning I got the berries picked up and stopped at Kathy's to drop off a couple things. There again...timing. She was just getting ready to pull out of her drive. I was suppose to be meeting Linda from the farm stand for lunch today at Mel's, but she text me at 7am that she woke up sick with the same thing Kathy has. Thought the bug was over with. So I called my Mom, and she's now meeting me. I've got a lady picking up her wedding cookies early this afternoon. She was suppose to come at 1130, but she called & they are trying to beat the rain & get their cars loaded with reception & wedding stuff.

I cooked a nice salmon meal last night. Not sure what I'll make tonight.

Did anyone else watch NCIS this week?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            NCIS was preempted the other night because of the weather coverage. I had it set to dvr because of the hockey game anyway so had an hour of old weather coverage. Yesterday they announced they were going to rerun it at some strange time in the middle of the night but I could not figure out how to dvr something that was not on the schedule...duh!! so I missed the season finale. Good thing they will rerun it later this summer before the new season starts and the best thing is when you get old you forget about these things quickly so looks like I won;t be messing any sleep over it.
        Working...
        X