Wednesday, May 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, May 22

Good early morning Rounders! The Barometric Pressure has got my Arthritis kicked into Overdrive. Had to get up at 10:30, take an Advil, tried to go back to sleep, and it's not happening. Figured I'd better get up and do some stuff. Busy day today.

My shower seat came and dh and I put it together lickity split. It's great. My 100 ft Extension cord also came. Thursday my string trimmer will come. I love this kind of shopping. Today is trash pick-up and I will have 2 cans. I've started to purge again. It's amazing how many jars you can collect in a year! LOL!

DH is getting around good now so I have already started to change the furniture back to normal. We put the bifold door back on the bathroom, and I've got to get this house straightened up and looking good cuz we've got a real estate agent coming this afternoon. One of the villa's has come on the market and we are curious what she thinks our house would bring. It's probably not going to happen, but who knows. A villa would mean no outside maintenance upkeep, no outside water usage billing, more private, 2 car garage, and no outside painting. There is also a gate enclosed private patio. It's super nice. Also, there is a canopy of mature trees to offer shade from the sweltering sun and here we are blasted with that blaring sun all day long.

I am truly sorry that I won't be getting the knee injections, but I'll keep praying that God will help me to overcome all this pain. Managed care is awful. I wish my pcp could give me the injections for my knee, but he is not allowed to and he has to refer patients to the pain management. It drives me insane, but that is just one of the aggravating things about managed care.

Ever since I woke up I've heard a bird outside tweeting. What the heck is going on out there? Weird.

Here I go to move furniture. Oh, I also need to grocery shop this morning cuz the cupboards and fridge are bare. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Yesterday was a pretty one, but cool. Our pool will never get swam in if it doesn't get warm soon.

Yesterday was good. I had made a triple batch of Gobb batter, but only needed a dbl batch apparently. Live & learn. Got 18 doz out of the dbl batch and got those ones filled and packaged. Later I baked off the remaining batter, and got another 9 doz. Will get those filled this morning & into the freezer for who knows who. I love to give goodies away, so I'm sure I'll have some happy recipients.

Met my two cousins for lunch yesterday. It's nice now that we are older and kids are all in school or graduated, that we can get together. Me...I'm on my second round of raising kids, my cousin Colleen was a late bloomer & had her two when she was in her 40's, and Karen's baby girl is graduating HS next week.

This morning Kathy is suppose to be coming here after work, sleep a bit, and then go into town with me to meet Becca for lunch. I want to stop at the thrift store to see if I can find Cork a couple pair of jeans. Wed is half price day. Kathy is suppose to get off work at 7am, but she hasn't arrived, so I don't know if she forgot & went home on auto-pilot, or is working OT.

KA....isn't there another PM doctor that he can refer you to?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning..Maxie how bout those blues!! I am on my 2nd cup of coffee and Josie the pup is asleep on the couch next to me.

The cot passed the sleep test. It’s surprisingly comfortable. I feel rested and ready to face the day. Mom and I will hit the floor running. We are getting pedicures at 9. Then grocery shopping...then to the meat store. I can already taste the meat sticks!!! Then home...mom has to take her famous popcorn to church tonight. I will be making my granny’s lap blanket.

At some point I think my cousin his wife and little one will be here. If not here then at my house in mo.

Mom daddy and I leave to camp some time tomorrow. I will see granny tomorrow or Friday.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, how does our mom make her famous popcorn????

OMG! What about those Blues??! Beth it was a great night. When they dropped the puck in St. Louis the city was under a tornado warning. Shortly after we were and the storm knocked out my tv. My son in southern Missouri was texting game updates since the internet was also out. But by the second period the storm/tornado warnings were over and I was able to enjoy my game!! I am going out later this morning to see if I can find shirts.

Sierra called on her way home from work last night and they were also under tornado warnings and closed the store. The only customers were older bikers waiting out the storm so they took them to the back with the crew. She said they were super nice and friendly and seemed to appreciate being offered safety. They go into the meat locker! Jon ran out to Ruler later and they were talking about closing the store when the sirens went off and hustling customers into the meat locker. I also took precautions and grabbed my purse and went to the boy cave. My son goes outside and he and the neighbor yell across updates. Men! Anyway no damage around here that I have h eard but a lot of rain and more rain and storms tonight but a nice day coming up. Let's Go Blues!!

Tonight is taco salad. Jon has gotten so good about coming in from work and finishing up a meal so all I will have to do is brown the meat. Talked with my sister yesterday and she has been trying to get a family get together for Memorial Day weekend but not able to get everyone together...may be just me and her! and since my check engine light is still on it may be just her. I need to check that but obviously it is not anything major or car stopping.

Well, it is nice being back to have coffee with you ladies. Beth enjoy your camping trip. Karlinann, good luck with the realtor. How exciting to think about moving on,,,,,can you leave all that yard work you have done? Bet you could for a lot of shade! Cookie, enjoy your lunch..nice to be able to get your kids together for a lunch. Our pool is not up yet and you are right about to cold. I never get into it but it is always up by now. Have a great one...more rain for us tonight. Roads were being reopened and cleaned up from the last flooding and here we go again...............

cardinals cancelled last nights game with the weather so today is a double header. Always something or a game I need to sit and watch, ya know?
      Last edited by maxie; 05-22-2019, 08:06 AM.

Comment

the news last night had me so worried for all you out there in the tornado states! I am not really ready to be on here but I had to know you were both all right.

Trash day and I just heard the trucks so we are good for now. Who knows wha tour weather will be today? We have been super lucky with the rain holding off until afternoon and the kids able to play out in the morning. If I go out and sweep off the water where it collects. Most of the kids know what it means when I say not to go in the water puddles, but one little guy just sees everything as a challenge that he is up to!
        Like tryingto throw rock sin the pool! He even looks over at me before he tries to pitch one over or through the fence.

The villas sound wonderful,Karlinann. I think calling arealtor to get that advice and see where you are is a great idea.

Wearing long sleeves today and layered for warmth. Our pool did not get warm enough to get in while Spencer and Boone were here and I am not sure when it will be warming up. I have vowed not to complain or even post about the heat if and when it ever comes.

I gave the kids the last of the cupcakes and ate the last cookie...I saw a chopped salad recipe and will get the salami and a few other things I don't have on hand to make that for the weekend. When it is cool like this I don't really want a salad but this one looked good.

I hope all goes well today and the sirens don't sound, Beth and Maxie (or anyone else!)
        Take care and take time for yourselves.

Comment

Just a quick good morning to you all. ☕️
          A guy is going to come out and spray for termites. They can be a problem here in the desert.
          Shortly after, DD should be showing up with her DH, for another sweaty day of fun getting things in order here. I think they are replacing my printer today. I see sweeping to be done. He moved garage stuff around, so I’m not sure what’s where, again. But we have removed truckloads of old, broken, and useless stuff.
          Temps are in the 70’s for the next couple of days.

Just finished my cereal, so I’d better sort more kitchen stuff. Have a great day. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula I am a firm believer of eating all the goodies left because someone has to get rid of them! Were I closer I would have taken that burden off your shoulders! It is a community service! We also have vowed to not complain about the heat...when and if it ever makes an appearance and stays. Jo, we have annual termite inspections and found some in the mulch garden so have a guy coming out when it finally dries out. Living in a wooded area is also a breeding ground of termites. Jon has had a contract with an exterminator since he moved out here. Plus I hate all bugs and they spray extra good around the porch railings for bees and wasp.

We have eggs in our bird house. Andrew saw them last night but no one has seen a bird go in or out. We do not know if it is the blue birds or something else. He is our nest peeker because he will put his nose into anything...lol! That was not nice...he is the curious one and keeps an eye on these things. I came out this morning and saw he had brought my gazing ball into the house to keep it from blowing away. Smart boy because the way it blew Paula or Jo could have found it this morning or Cookie..not sure which direction the wind was blowing ! The rain was sideways anyway!

I found my Blues Championship shirts this morning at Penney's. I am so happy!! The guy who checked me out said I already had a Blues shirt on and I turned around to show him the name on the back....an oldie. Told him I have been at this a long time...Hockey is why we first bought a second tv in our house. My husband was not a fan and we were fighting over tvs. SO he bought me one and put it in our bedroom and told me to stay there on hockey nights. You know, we were married 28 years and I am sure if I had more time I could have converted him....think?

Well, it appears I have more to say than I did earlier. Gabby! Have laundry to do and a bed to make. Jo you are doing great getting though the junk etc. Take care of yourself...are you going to alone when everyone leaves?

Comment

Paula mom’s popcorn is white chocolate covered. It has corn flakes and kicks cereal in it. They are both white chocolate covered. Very hard to stay out of.

Comment

• Paula A
                Paula A commented
                Editing a comment
                I can’t imagine why! Sounds super delish!

well , in case some of you read this tomorrow

alive but one tired old gal.... gee, birthdays are hard on a person at this stage... all that ice cream and cookies, cake..

also , I'm so tired of everyday being handed another " crisis". problem ...today the previous phone company send another monthly bill... these are the folks I cancelled April 29.. they are wanting another $105 ... so explanation time had to be faced ... Karen called their number . talked a bit, then handed me the phone.then left the room!.... the poor young girl and I just could not come to a satisfactory solution... she tried....but I am still not satified ,,,will resume the argument another day.. I just did not want to handle this today..

got a haircut ..!... the back is real short.. Boys style. and a neat trim in the front.and sides.. at last..I like the back real short.

Im watching those weather reports coming in from West of us... we will get some wind, rain later, maybe tomorrow..

hey , see you all later,, keep talking to me.... I need you ALL!

Comment

Working...
              X