Tuesday, May 21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, May 21

Top of the morning to you Rounders! We had a very lengthy appt. at the foot dr's. DH got xrayed and she says he has another bone spur on his left foot. She also said that when patients get a spur on the other foot it usually does not require Sx. Oh, I sure hope not. They also did the usual foot maintenance. Overall he is able to walk without the RW, but he is still in the boot. He can remove the boot for a shower, but I have to help him get the boot back on before he steps out. His shower chair comes today.

It is so hot here and will be in the 100's this weekend for several days. No rain forecasted either. I'll have to water in between sprinkler days and make sure the birdbath is kept full.

Hope I don't have a meltdown putting that shower chair together. I'll have to put my Swiss heritage to work on that I'm sure.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...I am going back to sleep until 7:30 then a shower and getting dressed my parents should be here around 10. I am going home with them today and then we leave for camping on Thursday....it doesn't look to promising for no rain...crossing my fingers...sleeping weather at night should be perfect for sleeping in my tent...I am very excited to see all my cousins and aunts and uncles that I get to see! I hope to get some fishing in possibly...will be eating lots of good food....seems like all we do is eat and visit...eat and visit! I will miss my kitty....the neighbor is coming to check on her a couple times....I think she will be fine.

I took a fall last night....a bit sore this morning so I might need to get in with my mom's chiropractor tommarow...waiting to call her a bit later to have her get me an appointment. Other than that tomorrow..mom and I are getting pedicures...and I have a skin doctor appointment..we couldn't find me a good one here...so I going to the same one that my parents go to back in IL..I don't really think I need to go but my parents seem to think a skin check every so often is important. Both mom and daddy are always having to get stuff cut off and biopsied...so I guess I will go...

If I don't get back here it means my phone isn't working in IL.

Comment

Good morning.....
      It is 50° outside right now, but will warm up to 80° today.
      Today I’ll be hitting the paperwork again. No fun, really. I wish E had shared more of this info with me, but I will muddle through this somehow. I can’t believe how much stuff E had collected, most of which is useless to me. Oh, well.
      DD and her hubby will be here this week, but need to return home on Monday. I wish my bank will hurry up and open our account to me. I want to repay my daughter for the work they’re having done to the house. The electrician is coming out today to fix the ceiling fans/lights that never worked. In the meantime I can withdraw from another account I have locally, but it’s not enough to pay them back.
      I also greatly with I could drive..... then I could take care of things on my own schedules. Life is what it is.
      Well, I will mosey on back to my room and get dressed.
      Let the day begin!
      Have a good one, everybody. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Would you believe the furnace kicked on?

Yesterday wasn't too productive. I finally got around to mixing up triple batches of the gobb & sugar cookie batters. In the morning I spent going back & forth to the pool place. There is plumb that needs fixed. I had to come home & take pictures of it so they knew what to recommend since they didn't have the specific part that Cork needed. Of course when Cork got home & saw what they recommended, he had questions. I hate being in the middle. What the guy was telling me when a little over my head. I also had to purchase the algaecide and a 100lb bucket of chlorine...cha ching! That pool has cost me a fortune already and I probably won't be able to step a toe in there until late June. At the rate the heat is going around here, I may not get in there at all. Need warmer days & nights. The water has to be 80 or above for me to even THINK about going in.

Got an email from the teacher yesterday. Apparently a boy that is in karate with Blaise didn't take kindly to Blaise claiming he was a black belt. The other boy is a BB, and B is only a green belt. He then demonstrated on Blaise a BB pressure point move on B's throat. B said he couldn't breath. He ended up being sent to the nurse's office. I know the move they were practicing last week in karate. It's a defensive move. The teacher had a talk with the two of them. Then the other boy told the teacher that Blaise told a girl he was going to kill her. He was saying it jokingly, but you can't say or do certain things jokingly or not. Just last week we had to have the talk about pointing your fingers a certain way or it's thought to be a gun. I said maybe I should have the birds & bees talk too while I'm at it. Gosh, it's harder raising kids now a days. Common sense is dead.

Today I'm hoping to bake off & fill the gobbs. My goal is at least 15 doz...we'll see. Just got a text from my cousins & I guess we are meeting for lunch at Mel's today. My SIL can't make it. Everyone's schedules are so busy. Karate tonight. It's the early time, so we'll get in & out and back home.

Blaise ask about us taking a vacation outside of PA. That would be really nice, but my husband is NOT a vacation kind of guy. Sad for Blaise. That's why I always signed the girls up for camp and a pool membership. Blaise is also going to camp. I'm looking into signing him up for several of the day camps at our local community college. I've ask Kody & Kathy if they'd each pay for a week of camp. Neither has totally committed to doing it.

Just hit me, Mel's is closed on Tuesdays. CRAP! Took us a million text to agree to something and now it won't work. LOL!

Bethina….I think my cats always enjoyed when we left them for an extended period of time. We just put out a bunch of food & a big bowl of water. I know of cats that have been trapped in garages & other such places for a long period of time, and they survive. I think 5 days was the longest we ever left them. Enjoy your camping trip!!!!!

Oh...we got the call yesterday that we were chosen to adopt one of the 43 dogs rescued the other week. While waiting to get chosen, it hit me that if they were all in that filthy house, they probably weren't house broken. Well they only had males left and none housebroken. Passed on taking one. I want a small adult female that is housebroken.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Cloudy morinng here with rain in the forecast...very strange May. We usually are swimming now. I have the heat on and ready for kids.

We went to Redding to look at a car BEcky had seen advertised. She drove home with a new Honda Civic! She had thought to have her pay stubs with her so when the guy told her they were getting ready for a big Memorial Day sale and were moving tons of cars to the civic auditorium and would give her a great deal now, she started asking questions and liked the answers. She has been looking and studying up on cars and mileage for a month now.
          It was a late night by the time we got home. We pretty much closed the dealership: us and the finance guy and the salesman.

karlinann; I have Swiss roots! My paternal grandfather came over form Zurich in the late 20's.

Beth, I have left our cat all the time when we leave. I put out multiple bowls of water and two huge bowls of food and he is always fine. He is an inside cat so no worries about his getting hurt.

I feel sorry for the teachers today who have to deal with all the PC stuff. Friday Spencer got a call from Joe's teacher that some kid had hit him on the butt (kind of like athletes Used to do) and the teacher and principal (!) had talked to the kid and Joe was fine but she wanted to know if Spencer wanted to File Charges!!!! He said no, of course not, and told us he was just really happy it wasn't Joe smacking someone else on the bottom...I can't imagine what all the teachers have to put up with these days...rolling my eyes now.

I wish some of you were here to eat the last of the cake and the 6 cupcakes from graduation. I over bought, but I usually over bake and over buy anyway... too much is just enough when I am hosting anything.

I need to get moving. Ihope the birthday was good yesterday, Aunt Maye and you are still enjoying cake.
          Jo, my bank did not close my account to me. It was a joint account. I hope yours moves along with whatever the hold up is.
          Donna, the cookies sound so good even when I am full fo yummy good stuff; your cookies are wonderful!
          Maxie, hope the games and the weather are co-operating!
          Jostoy, I hope that you are really enjoying the new house and being settled in.
          Have a good day, no matter what the weather blows in or the people around you bring. Just enjoy the moment!

Comment

Maxie....you better post soon! I'm pacing the floor, wringing the hands, and praying for you. My phn rang twice & it was Jon's #, but no answer when I called back. Weird. Hope nothing serious is wrong.

Comment

Yes Maxie, where are you? Happy belated Birthday Aunt Maye. I meant to post that this morning, but forgot.

Well, I'm so frustrated. I went to my appt. with Pain Management and they said I didn't have an appt. I said yes I do. She argued with me for a minute and then comes back to the front and tells me that it was not in the computer, but I did have an appt. So I waited for 37 minutes after my appt time and there was still one lady left in the waiting rm ahead of me. I went up to the desk and asked how much longer to wait. She said it will be awhile, and I asked what kind of time frame are we talking. She says it could be an hour and a half. I said I'm leaving, she asked if I'd like to be rescheduled, I asked if it's going to be like that every time and she said yes, probably. I left. I called the office and wanted an email for the office manager and they didn't have one. I told them to shred my documents. I told her, (she was the snarky one at the front desk) that their check-in process sucked and the staff needed to improve their attitude. I went next door to my pcp's office and told them that I was not going to see that doctor and I shared what happened. Long story short: whoever made the appt. did not put it in the computer and I was a work-in. That doctor is always running behind and the office staff is so rude. I hope I don't get to the point where I really have to see a PM dr, but if I do there are other options.

I just needed to vent. I feel better.

Paula, my ancestors are from Bern, Switzerland and they were hog farmers. I traced my ancestry back 6 generations.
              "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Just talked to Maxie....she's fine though very very horse & raspy from allergies. Her internet service is down for the time being. She was going thru her contacts this morning & it stopped on mine & dialed, and that's how it come to be that I got a call from her originally.

Comment

Hello hello hello! I am back. The satellite had it own little problem and affected me. I miss not being able to read here in the morning...it is like when the morning paper isn't delivered, ya know? Like what am I suppose to do...

We have AT&T cell service and a cell tower to boost our reception and when the internet if off the cell tower doesn't work so that messes with my phone. Sorry Donna for the random dialing this morning. But it was nice to talk to you. Geeze you are perky and I am hoarse and hard to understand. My allergies had cleared up then another flipping tree pollinates and I am back to sounding like this. How many more tree species are left to pollinate?

Everything is fine here. Talked with Sierra this afternoon and she is happy in her world. I have a dr appointment in town Thursday so we are meeting for lunch. How about that hockey game Sunday?! If we win tonight we will win the Western Conference and play in the Stanley Cup Finals...I am so excited. They are predicting bad storms for later and I sure do hope it does not take out the tv satellite. Country living sucks. Jon called to say everyone at work was getting storm notifications for later. These are the storms from Oklahoma that were so horrible yesterday. I hope they are not severe because it is cold outside and nothing to feed them...down into 40s again last night and I am back in my sweat pants. Then it is going to warm into the 90s.

So now I have to start supper and peel potatoes. Will be back to normal around here tomorrow so see you in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X