Sunday, May 19, 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, May 19, 2019

Hey there Rounders! Today is my day of rest, relaxation, and peacefulness. I did get the yard mowed yesterday morning and I hurt the rest of the day. I ordered the string trimmer and extension cord and they are going to alleviate some of the difficult mowing. Some of those tiny little plants I moved way back in March are now blooming and I didn't hold out much hope for them to survive. Ain't life grand?

I need to go to BB&B to look for the shower seat. DH still needs it and I will probably need it in a few years if I have to have my other knee done. Hope not! Ugh!

Did I tell you how much I love my Swiffer? LOL! It's a breeze to mop these floors.

I'm making spaghetti & meatballs today. Bless you JoGee, Aunt Maye, Maxie, Bethina, Cookielady, Jostoy, Paula, and all who come here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...Bible study this morning..I need to begin packing my stuff this evening so I can see what needs to be on my Walmart list for tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      Today we have E’s Memorial gathering in Phoenix. I will be picked up in just a little while, the weather should be nice.
      It will be a bittersweet day. Middle DD counted over 60 people coming, family and extended family. So it will be interesting to see what the girls have put together to make this happen. There will be food for this midday occasion. They have been collecting a lot of pictures of him, as well as comments and past memories. Funny thing.....his twin sister’s husband said they be late showing up, and do they have to stay until the end. He was told they can come and go as they please.

......and it’s about time to leave, so I’ll gather my things. I wish you all a beautiful day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning! Looks wet so must have gotten the predicted rain..I did not hear a storm.

Jo, will be thinking of you this afternoon. It will be a long afternoon but you will have family all around to lean on. AND you will never have to see the sister again after today...unless you want to.

Beth, you have gotten into this summer thing quickly. Catch up on your sleep yet?

Karlinann what a nice surprise to see something you planted come up. BB&B is a favorite of mine...don;t buy that much from there but do love to look around. I know they had shower stools the last time I was there because we stood by them and discussed the teak wood. Plus the sales people are very helpful in ours. I love the bath section!

Well it is obvious I have nothing to say or going on around here. The allergies are now in my chest and I may have to do something about that. This has been the worst season I can remember. Again the chairs are covered in pollen. Who needs trees?

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! It's pretty, but somewhere my energy got lost. Need to find it.

Yesterday was good. After getting the wedding cookies delivered & stopping at the bank, we hit up many garage sales. Didn't have much luck. Got a few things. I'm getting pickier. I got this very large deep stainless steel rectangular pan. I think it would be fantastic for a 4 or 5 layer lasagna. I'm going to use it though to hold lard balls.

Eventually took Blaise down to Kathy's. We met at the Giant Eagle, but she had me bring Blaise's bike, and it wouldn't fit in her new vehicle, so I drove down to her place & delivered it. Blaise was being a regular crank-a-puss. I came home and just piddled around. I THOUGHT we were going to go out for dinner, but by the time Cork got in from messing with the pool, he was too pooed. I still wasn't going to cook, so I called in our order & went to pick it up.

During the afternoon I delivered a couple pies to the Bistro. They don't order often. Was telling her about Mel's, and she got her panties in a twist. Apparently one of the Bistro cooks got hired at Mel's, and Mel's now sells a chopped salad. THEY STOLE HER RECIPE! She even talked to her lawyer about it. Oh PLEASE!!!! So when I was ordering last night, I ordered the small chopped salad. They are nothing alike. I like the Bistro's better. I text her and told her they were nothing alike. Some people are just looking for a fight. Mel sells pizza & pasta too...are you going to get upset about that too? I always believe their is enough business for us all. Anyways, I ordered a children's pizza dinner to go with the salad just so I could try her pizza...WONDERFUL!!! Cork wasn't crazy about his pasta dinner, but he always complains. Told him I don't want to hear it.

This morning after church, we went to the flea market. Total bust. Then onto Home Depot. Cork's trying to figure out a fitting to replace a leaking one down at the pool. Yesterday I had him pick up all the fittings & plastic pipes to make 4 marshmallow shooters. Someone gave Blaise 2 for his BD the other week. Blaise's BF is having a BD party this coming Friday, and I wanted Cork to make 4 of them so w could give them to him for his BD. Giving enough so that their neighborhood kids could play with them too. Will give them several bags of marshmallows too. At Blaise's party Matt (Kathy's boyfriend) and his younger brother were having a blast playing with them, so I told Cork I'd like him to make me a couple to give Matt for Christmas. May have him make a couple for the gift exchange.

No cards tonight. Might have to figure out something for dinner. Don't know when Blaise will be coming home. Think I might make 6 PB pies for the freezer. Need to make Cork's lunch food for the week.

(((Jo)))

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. for the moment it is not raining and my friend whose daughter graduated this morning sent me a photo: not raining! It was Pouring here so I am just so happy it was Sunny in Chico at 8:30 when her daughter had her ceremony...cold, and they had towels to dry the bleachers, but sunny and the ceremony was not cancelled. Her daughter has worked and taken few years to finish so we both were always cheering each other on with getting these girls through.

The cake was Fantastic!!! We posted a photo on Facebook with the owner/winner and the cake. In the back you can see a huge replica of the 10,000 check he won from Foodnetwork.
            We went out to Mexican last night for Spencer. I brought home half my food and Boone had it for breakfast this morning. They just left.
            We did not go to church since Spencer and Boone were leaving around 9:30 and I wanted to be here and see them off and all. Already miss them.
            Spencer told us he had been asked to take over as president of the Japan office!!! he was on the phone with meetings a couple of times while they were here, but after talking with Nikki he said he has decided not to take it. His US boss (CFO of the company) said it was his decision but pointed out the advantages of being at headquarters vs. over the Japan/Asia office. In the end Spencer said it was about whether they wanted to uproot the boys and their school system again and both parents want to stay in the US. I am happy to have not been asked my opinion! I go between wanting the best for him career-wise but wanting them close enough to make visiting more possible.
            having them make the decision is easier and I am just so happy for his company's high regard for him.

I am picking up my grocery order at Walmart around 1:00 today. already ordered online and I will just pull up and let the staff put the bags in the car. I can't believe how cold out it is! And the rain has been off and on and I don't want to deal with it or the puddles that remain.
            Maxie, we turned on the heat and brought out blankets that I had washed and put away for the summer!

Chopped salad sounds good, donna! But right now I just want soup. I have cake and cupcakes to donate; too much dessert in the last few days and I am ready to clean up my eating. A friend brought over some beautiful Linzer cookies from a bakery and I am going to put them in the freezer.

Becky lhas been looking at cars online at the REdding dealerships. we went to our dealer but he said he doesn't get in many Toyotas or Hondas and those are what she is looking for at the moment: gas mph being the top priority. She saw one yesterday with only a few thousand miles but it was gone this morning. Salesman told her it was a lease return form an older couple who were having to move in with kids...I should believe im, right? I don't think he knows if he is talking to a single woman or not...

Ok, me without a time limit on this page is kind of dangerous. I have missed reading and really chatting the last two days, but if you look at my facebook you will see so many family photos and graduation themed things that you know it has bothered someone!

All the rain will have my edges and corners of the yard green again and the lawn crew just put in sprinklers so we will be green (still kind of crappy grass...).
            My flower bed out front may have some vegetables in it; I am thinking some herbs would be good and that is one all day sunny spot.

Hope you are enjoying your day!
            Jo, we are all there with you in spirit. And will continue to be here for you. So thankful the family came through for you. (that BIL remark, though!)
            Just good thought, sorry!

Comment

Just settled down to read here ... bedtime around here has become varied...sometimes I"m in bed at 9pm. and others closer to 11 pm.. D. sleep at odd times in the day and awake more at night.. so I have adjusted my schedule too...

today started out with a very very painful, cramp in ankle and spasm up my left leg.. just did not want to let go.. finally did but has been sore and miserable all day.. and eventually the thunder storms got here at 8pm.. . my feet and surrounding joints are as good a weather predictor as the guy on TV... must be the air pressure?.. do any of you with Arthritis notice this kind of behavior in your joints?.

Donna , just let me know when to start making more grease balls.. new big tray!!.
              Flower bed conversation... I have asked the college graduate Granddaughter, who is not working and will now be home,,, to give me some help. with the flower bed down the side of the house... just needs more weeds out and then new flowers planted.. some time in the next week or so.. planting the ever blooming ",easy to take care of" marigolds... there is still lots of mulch ,just needs pushed around .. will have to think of maybe doing away with it next year. put in permanent small bushes.. that stay small..

JoG.. ..I have thought of you often and lots today.. ... I will enjoy the puzzle.. so glad we have this RT to come , visit, get comfort and feel a friendship that is so great..

I may not always write, but I always read... see you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X