Saturday, May 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, May 18

Good morning Rounders! I saw the moon this morning and it's big and beautiful. What a way to start the day!

I picked up one of the books that I had boo-hoo'd and it is good, so I guess I will read. I've almost finished the jigsaw puzzle and then I will start another one. Lot's of things to occupy myself while it is scorching hot outside. We will be in the low 90's the rest of this week into next week.

I've already cleaned the shower and put on a load of laundry and I'm going to Wally World this morning as soon as it gets daylight. I need to buy dh a new shower chair. We took the borrowed one back before we damaged it further. One of the legs was askew and I didn't want to mess it up any more. Hopefully they will have one in stock and I won't have to order it online. I also need to get a weedeater and 100 ft of outside extension cord. Update: I went and they have nothing so I will have to order online unless I happen to find one somewhere else. I'm going to BB&B online to see what they have in the way of a shower chair.

I finally got my referral for the Pain Management doctor so I can get an injection in my knee, or several. The nurse didn't know what happened that I never got the call for that referral and I didn't bother with following up on it, but I should have. That was in Feb when I went to see my PCP. Wow! From now on I will call. Actually I just figured my doc forgot to order it, but the nurse said he had ordered it in the computer, so guess what.....yeah, somebody overlooked the order.

That is about the extent of my news to share. Love hearing from all of you Rounders. Aunt Maye, take a nap when your dh takes a nap. Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 05-18-2019, 05:18 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Dreary, but not cold. Yesterday the sun couldn't decide if it wanted to shine or not. I soaked up every drop when it did.

Yesterday didn't go as planned, though I guess I didn't have any solid plans except going to the doctor & getting limestone. The driveway looks so much better. Still need to get out there & rake some spots. Got home from doctor's appt, and text two of my restaurants asking if they needed anything. Well baking pies was then on my list for the afternoon....cherry & dutch apple. Took Blaise to karate.

Finally talked to Kathy late last night. She was in a foul mood, but once we talked for a bit, she lightened up. I guess life there has been topsy tervy with Matt's Mom. Seizures, coma, etc. Kathy's been pulled many directions by the family. At least I wasn't dragged into that drama. I don't know how that woman is still hanging on. The seizures have really messed up her mind. She's accusing her husband and everyone else of some pretty crazy things. This is no life for her.

We were going to meet Kathy when she got off work & give her Blaise, but haven't heard from her. Must be working OT. We'll just take him with us, and get him down to her later. We are heading the opposite direction of her place. This morning we are delivering the big wedding order of cookies. Then it's off to garage sale. That's all we've got planned for the day.

Jo...I could see Kathy swooping in here wanting to claim stuff. Is your son coming this weekend?

Best get moving! Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning. ☕️

Today is more of the same like yesterday. Daughter from NM will be here this morning. She might want to help sort stuff, although the stuff in the garage are still in boxes and those are pretty dusty after years in the Storage Unit. Maybe we will hit the craft room instead.

Had a a good time yesterday afternoon with niece and her hubby from MI. We met for dinner, we had more laughs, and once I began crying again. I cannot seem to have a conversation about his final days in the hospital or watching him “go”.
      i hope people won’t be asking about it at the Memorial.

Tomorrow is E’s Memorial gathering. Over 60 family members, and some extended family, are supposed to be there.
      ( Cookie, this includes our son and some of his family.....one of his DDs declined because she has a baby about a month or so old, and she doesn’t think he should be near people yet).

Not much else going on. My days are full and busy with all that needs done.

Wishing you all a great day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning....weather is on right now and it is going to be warm and partly sunny. Storms later tonight and let me tell you that storms seldom miss us! 80s most of next week. Finally summer is here..

No plans for today but laundry. Jon is working and no one else is around but me and an afternoon baseball game. The Blues won last night!! Great game. These long series really make you form a big dislike for the opposing team. I went out during intermission last night and somewhere down the hill was a Blues party. You could hear the trumpet and people yelling. Any excuse right? Personally I prefer watching in my jams!! Next game is Sunday afternoon back in SJ.

The clematis is blooming and those hummers will still not go near my feeder. Something got into the Cardinal nest over the fence. I was standing on the steps and was high enough to see them fly in and out and suddenly the nest is on the ground. Probably some damn cat! Wonder if that is why my houses are empty this year? Not many cats around here but those that are are wild.

Well, I have nothing...hoping for take out later. The check engine light is one in my car and I need to get it checked out. It always comes on when my gas lid is loose and I did tighten in but the light never went out. It has also been on since I came home from my sister's last weekend and just have not had time to get it checked...ok I had the time but not in any hurry to do it. Been there and done that with the same results. I found the entertainment center I wanted and it is coming from walmart! Sierra bought one from there and I was going to show it to her dad and saw the one I have been looking for...on line.at walmart. I have been all over the internet looking and there it was. It is Better Homes and Garden and had to be ordered since it is not even shown in the store. How lucky was that? It was not cheap but did not break the bank either. Still have to buy a mattress set and that will break the bank!

Ok I am off. Isn't today graduation day Paula? Congrats to Becky and your family. I think you can get shower chairs at BB&B Karlinann. While you are staying in out of the heat we are going outside to enjoy it. Jo take care of your health...tomorrow will be a very emotional day. The strangest things will upset you for a while yet...just running into someone on the street or driving past someplace but people understand. Beth I do not see you here yet but enjoy your summer. Have a great one people!!

Comment

Thank you Maxie I am enjoy my summer! I am ready to have something do though....I am enjoying being off but I am used to seeing a lot more people than I have been...I am supposed to call an assisted living here when I get back from camping to see about volunteering a couple days a week.

The zoo yesterday was HOT but fun....the lady that helps me had fun and the lady I invited to go with me had fun too...we all got to see the animals we wanted to see with the exception of going into the penguin house...The line for that was just long....and our time was limited and there were other things we wanted to see...so thats what we did...my favorite animal we saw was either the sea lion or the polar bear. After we dropped Emily at home Jill and I went to a cook out with a bunch of other clients from the program it was super nice too...

Today I plan to just chill at home....maybe read a book...maybe nap..

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            The line is long but the temps inside are so cool! People do not want to leave the cold but it smells to fishy for me. I am an in and outer at the penguin house. Heard the stingrays are back..did you see them?

Good Day and sorry I totally missed coming here yesterday.
          All the things to do on our graduation prep and cooking for the boys here (Spencer and Boone) had me moving and going all day.

Graduation was so good...the minor glitches were easily fixed and the weather was almost perfect. It did not rain at all and the field was perfect. Maybe the winds did dry out the field...I sat with my mom on chairs on the grass and Spencer and Boone sat in bleachers half way up. That would have been really hard for my mom to walk up and after the long ceremony it would have been pretty much impossible for her to walk down. and no backs on the bleacher seats. There was a lot of seating for any with special needs or age related ability and even empty seats during the ceremony so it went really well. Becky was in the last row of grads. There were only 11 in her Public Administration group so when they finally walked into the stadium area I was able to get good camera shots of her walking in. But waiting for her to graduate...today's ceremonies have been changed for the times and Sunday's is onhold and alert, so parents and grads are watching for emails from the school to know what and where. There is no indoor facility big enough for any of these ceremonies.

Today is going to get the cake and then barbecue. I am actually buying the meats from our barbecue place; they smoke all their meats and use a dry rub that is so good. Not too spicy and the meat is always done perfectly. Ribs, chicken and tri-tip.

I have toremind myself that I still have to shop for daycare food next week. I will probably be doing that later today. It is such fun to have Spencer and Boone visiting. Boone is 13 and so polite (his Japanese school manners are still in place) and always asks even though I have said, Anytihng you want, just get it! Hope the manners and respect stay with him. He was very helpful and walked with my mother and helped her all day in Chico.

I need to go and do the stuff on my list and will read what you all are up to a little later.
          Jo, you are doing an amazing job of moving through things...so glad the EMT relative was there to see what you were experiencing and do follow up. I know you will, but like all here, I just have to say it!

Hope your plans work out for the weekend, Everyone and your teams win!!!

Comment

Working...
          X