Thursday, May 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, May 16

Good morning Rounders! First of all bless you Aunt Maye for all you are having to deal with right now. I wish I could be there to help you with David so you could rest, and get some YOU time. Even though you do not post every day we feel your presence and we are continually manifesting good energy for you.

I bought the non stick fry pan set at Aldi's and so far they are great. I also bought a new set of flatware at Aldi's. We bought a set of stainless from the thrift shop 5 1/2 yrs ago for $30, but a couple of pieces are worn down to the base metal coating. We like the new set. Now I have 2 sets of flatware. Endless meals before we have to wash them. LOL! The great part is that I can now fry my eggs and they won't stick.

We went to the library yesterday afternoon and got more Ken Follet books, plus 4 jigsaw puzzles. One of the puzzles is so new that all the pieces have not been taken apart. Nice.

I found some seeds yesterday; Sage and Canteloupe? melon. I sowed some of each, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I was right about the Four o' Clocks, they've bloomed. Today is Yard Waste pick-up day and I have a full can.

That is all my news. JoGee, I would also talk to your bank financial advisor about your finances. They are very helpful and it's free and you can get IRA's or CD's, but I realize you probably already know this.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It's going to be another sunny one.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but I just kept plugging along. I started picking up the house...cleaning it. Didn't get too far, but it was a good start. I kept getting side tracked. Cooked a real meal for dinner. I was NOT HAPPY with my guys. Just because something looks a little difference, they don't want to eat it. REALLY????? I saw a picture on the pasta box that looked really good. Thought I'd kind of make my sweet & sour carrot salad (carrots, peppers, onions, and I added asparagus), added the pasta which looks like twisted strands, and made the dressing to pour over it. I thought it was great. Whatever. I had a mini fit and told them they are no fun to cook for. Our girls would eat just about anything, and I enjoyed cooking.

We got the stray kitty to eat some chicken out of our hands, and now it'll let us pet it. Blaise wants to invite it inside, but I gave a big ole NO to that. It's a big fluffy cat that's fur would be everywhere. Plus I don't know if it has fleas. It's not like it's some pathetic starving looking cat. It'll be fine outside. And I don't need extra fur flying in the air inside with all my baking. No thank you.

Not sure what all I'll get into today. I really should settle down and work on my customer list and inputting the rest of the Christmas orders. Get ready for October's mailing. I won't have time after mid-July. I've just procrastinated terribly this year.

KA...I was at a garage sale a few weeks ago, and got another large iron skillet. I thought Kathy would want it, but she didn't, so last night I finally got around to seasoning it since it was pretty rusty looking. I love my iron skillets. The only non-stick I use regularly now are the 4qt pots for my pie fillings.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope he does not have a credit card! She uses her debit for everything. I told her when it came time for a credit card we would work together to find her a good one...I thought that would keep her from getting in over her head. She just texted they were going to get the uHaul and I am thinking her dad will be getting a call. I was talking with my sister today and we were laughing about if we were this dumb when we started out? My husband had been in the army so was not a babe to the world but I do remember the first time it dawned on me no one was going to come in and clean the place. What?! No mommy or grandma to come through mornings? Holy Cow!

Good morning...My day will be spent in the basement waiting on the air conditioner man. Mine isn't working...should be kicking on and isn't. Tried resetting the breaker and all it did was kick on but it didn't stay on. its already 77 or 78. The basement is comfortable.

Yesterday was ok..I went to the dentist 2 cavities and an old filling that needs replaced. Also I am being sent to an oral surgeon...I have strange spots on my tongue... My dentist just wants a 2nd opinion..he hasn't seen them before and I am a new patient.

Comment

Good sunny morning from here too....AND it is going to reach 90*! Finally a summer day.

Today is move out day.. maybe...they did not arrange for a Uhaul Truck and I said nothing about having to reserve them. I am so sick and tired of being treated like a moron if I offer any advice so the way this little girl will learn is through experience. Come on,,,how damn bright is this girl if she thinks a wanker is brilliant? I saw the apartment yesterday and was not impressed. The rent is rather high for worn carpet and it was certainly not to my standards of cleanliness. But I have been told both in jest and seriously that my standards of cleanliness are rather high. What can I say? I am a cleaner and not a cooker! They will have a washer and dryer in their unit and she has done laundry before. However, I do iron her work shirts and pretreat them for grease. I wash her dress shirts in delicate and fold her pants neatly...we will see. I will not be doing her laundry because I do not want to touch his. He can take his to his mommy if he needs. When I walked in yesterday she was face timing mommy dearest so the three of us had a conversation. I measured windows and told her what I thought and mommy agreed on longer curtains and had a couple of laughs over some of the things we saw. When I came in yesterday she had the a/c cranked high and I was cold. Told her to change the thermostat but she was hot....oh, those first bills are going to be something. I am hoping to see something of her but never know. Can;t stand him but we are on her way home from her big girl job. Plus our Ruler has milk for 98$ a gallon. Evidently the wank is a big milk drinker.

I think I will buy that palm tree. AND I will have a place to winter it in my new guest room. We will to clean and paint in there but I think I will leave the curtains...they are just a valance and sheers. Then I can lay the new quit I have at the foot of the bed. Jon had a friend hand quilt a Blues quilt for Christmas. It is really nicely done and I am in love with it...you know I am! Laid over a white spread it will look nice. Now I have to get a bed for in there and an entertainment center for in here so I can put this antique chest in the 'guest' room. Many years ago before Scott was born my husband was driving by his aunts house and saw this chest in the trash. She he dragged it in and told her to keep it until her came back. It turned out to be an old mahogany chest. When he saw how good and sturdy it was he took it to have redone and it is my tv stand. Scott is 45 so this is one old chest!

Well, speaking of the Blues...we lost last night in OT. I am really upset over a missed hand pass call that allowed SJ to score. I mean really..it was like lets give them the game. I was booing from my bed! Ok, yes, I am still a little upset but that was a big call to miss or just give to another team when a game winning goal was scored. I mean I saw it but the refs didn't? Really!!??

Jon bought a new hose head and he and Andrew went to work on blowing the old paint off the porch railings. Water pressure really worked better than scraping. If they have finished we can repaint the railings...after we SEAL them. Maybe that pressure will wash the green stuff of the chairs? Or just push them out the yard into someone elses's and I will buy new ones...whichever works for me! Andrew called me out to look and he had the hose hanging on a shepards hook up in the air and it looks like a Christmas tree. Now he doesn;t have to bend down to water but can just grab the hose. OMG! I now have this hose up in the air hanging off a hook. I try to class the place up these guys drag it down. Evidently class is something you are born with because I am trying and these guys are not getting any better. I swear it just needs a star!

No supper plans...they cleaned up the stew last night. I thought I had made a big pot! Jon is off today so he can worry about food. Going to get another cup of coffee and start the day. If they can find a UHaul truck I could have people coming in to haul out furniture. No matter it is going to be hot and sunny. Finally!! Palm tree weather!

Comment

• cookielady
        cookielady commented
        Editing a comment
        Does she or he actually have a credit card? You have to have one of those to get a rental truck too. I know, what do we know? I've just thrown my hands up with Kathy. Just like when she was buying a vehicle. OK, so it's $2500....I've GOT the $2500 MOM.....ok, how about the tax, title, and insurance payment?....OH....but what do I know? Next to nothing is what it seems up front. Uncle Sam is always hiding in the background somewhere.

Good morning! ☕️
      Yesterday was productive. While I was at the finance place learning about IRAs and such, DD’s DH & FIL
      got absolutely everything out of the Storage Unit and it’s in the middle of the garage for sorting out.

When DD & I got home, we sorted through tons of papers.

Today oldest DD is coming to pick up tables (big folding ones). She has been in a crappy mood and dumped on youngest DD yesterday. (Oldest DD does not play well (or work well) with others.). Also,
      pour Albequerque DD is on her way here today. My house is upside down with piles of stuff everywhere to go through/sort/shred/toss/ etc.

Also, the plumber should be back today to finish up. Next week, the electrician.

Did I mention our weather is back in the 90’s? I hope there’s a large fan in the garage. I’ll need it to sort stuff out there.

So......a busy day ahead.
      And I need to get dressed.

Have a good day. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Jo I am so grateful my brother stayed over to help me with the financial parts. This is my Texas brother and he is a pain but he really came through in handling all the paperwork and explaining things and just going ofn and doing things that needed done. I hope you took someone with you to listen...I know I keep saying this but your mind is not fully working these last weeks.

How wonderful to have all the help. You will be in good shape soon.

oh I am late! Trying to get lots done before daycare and I did but lost my sit and chat time.

maxie, I am holding my breath on the Sierra saga. Really hoping she comes through ok and not having to learn too many hard way lessons.

so windy I am really wishing I had the tree out front trimmed last year! If nothing breaks off I will never put it off again.

Jo, keep notes if you don’t have extra ears. Phone posting so I apologize I am not doing it well.

Trying again later!

Comment

Thanks, Maxie. I am sorely aware that my head isn’t straight yet. My youngest daughter is a blessing to me....she is with me at these times I am talking to people. I still need to get a lawyer for probate purposes. DD leaves on Memorial Day​​​​​​.
        I still have several things to brush up on. Why do these people I have to deal with have to know every source of income and savings?
        At the SSA, I asked for clarification of something...turns out I didn’t need to send certificates or anything, but he brought up my “handicapped child” who is 57 yrs old, so she might possibly collect more benefits. That scared me. But they do have a data base.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Ok, the truck showed up and she is moved out. Instead of taking her bed we bought a frame and she took the mattresses. I am going to get new mattresses for my bed and put mine in the guest room. She did not want her headboard so it was just easier to keep the entire bed. Her room is in need of paint and cleaning and the crap she did leave needs to be put away. We received no thanks and the lazy bf said he would move his stuff tomorrow since he is tired. What? She has hauled and toted boxes for two days since she is the only one who brought anything and he is tired. Oh, well by the way he is dressed he probably only has a couple pair of dirty underwear to bring over. Lord help her grow up and wake up quickly to realize this is not the life she wants to live. So I am off to rearrange her closet and put things away. Vacuum and mop. The guy at the furniture store said he would not charge us a delivery fee for the mattresses but it is a long distance so I will wait for Jon since he also needs a new set so we will get them both delivered at the same time. I still love my hometown...people are so good and remember past patronage.

Jo I remember when I applied for SS. I thought I had all the papers I needed, marriage license, birth certificates, death certificate, etc., and they ask for his military discharge papers. I did not think of those but she said never mind I have it on line. They have everything at their fingertips. Scary isn't it?

Comment

Gosh-yeah that’s scary! They appear to know more about us than we do.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X