Monday, May 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, May 13

Good morning Rounders! It was a beautiful day yesterday. I got out in the yard early and did some weeding. Isn't it amazing how fast those weeds grow? I like plucking them up after a rain cuz it's super easy. Sand.***

Hope everyone had a great MD. I went grocery shopping and cooked, but I also watched Naked & Afraid reruns and rested. The garden clogs that I was supposed to get last Wed. they still had, but not my size. It wasn't meant to be, like I said.

Let's talk about what I fixed for dinner. The Uncle Jeb's Sunday Meat Loaf was divine and so was the fresh Asparagus. That Lemon Pound Cake is so good you can't sit still and eat it. I'm just sayin'. I bought some of those ice cream Artic Bars comparable to the Klondike Bars, our first ice cream of the season. Oh my! I could easily get addicted to those. I stopped at Save A Lot and bought 3 family packs of Ribeye Steaks. They were on sale and I stocked our freezer and they will last us a long time. We don't eat steak that often, but that is my favorite cut of beef.

Both of us are having allergy attacks and I guess it just needs to rain and wash all the pollen away. I believe it stops the end of May, for the most part. The good news is we have plenty of allergy med.

I finished my book on Saturday and it was really good. I liked the ending and sometimes I am not happy with the outcome of those thick books, but this author really did a good job with his historical research and I'm glad I read it. It helped me to answer a Jeopardy question on Friday too.

So, we are going out to lunch and we'll bring home food for DH's dinner. I don't have to cook today. Yay! I'll be back later to read up.

Oh, BTW, I've decided to buy an electric string trimmer and the cords the next time I go shopping at a place that sells them. I am thinking ahead because sooner or later our mower will stop working and I'm not buying another one. I'm really good with the string trimmers because they are lightweight and easy to operate. Our yard is so uneven and spotty that a mower is too difficult to operate in certain places, (like the bank), and I can continue to keep our yard mowed without hiring a company for quite a few years if I'm lucky. I used a weedeater when we lived in TN, but I also had a mower. We'll see, but right now it would benefit me to have one. We have a bunch of edging work that needs trimming every time I mow.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Looks to be another dreary one here today and probably wet took.

Yesterday turned out good after all. Once we got home from church & dropping off Blaise, I made & baked 2 dutch apple pies. Before I got started I text Mel and gave her a "last chance" to get a DA pie for the restaurant, and she said, "Oh why not.". I had a relaxing afternoon for the most part. I did throw in a couple loads of laundry. Becca arrive around 3pm, and we all sat down & visited until it was time to head down to my brother Tom's.

We had a nice picnic food dinner. It's so nice to visit with the kids and talk to them like adults. The dessert was all really good. Cork left since he doesn't eat dessert or play cards. While dishing out the dessert, Kathy called. We needed to pick up Blaise. Becca & my niece made it a road trip, and we to pick him up and take him home. Once they got back, we played cards. Truly a nice evening and lots of laughs too. Came home to find a big bouquet of red roses from Blaise. He got up and we so excited to give them to me. I had already seen them and put them in water. He said he used his own money to buy them. My sweet boy.

Apparently my other sweet boy was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Kathy said he either has scarlet fever or the measles. He as at him mom's, and Kathy's were all out to eat. Since Amber (the mom) couldn't get a hold of them right away, she called an ambulance. She doesn't have a car at the moment. Just shaking my head. Our tax dollars at work. I'll call later today and see what the outcome was.

This morning I think I'll go get my fasting bloodwork done first before heading to Sandy's to sort eyeglasses. She reported at church yesterday that she has I think 6 mission trip folks asking for approx. 10,000 pairs of glasses to go with them. That'll really clean out her sorted supply. Need to come home and made PB cream pies to restock my freezer. Blaise has karate tonight.

How big is your yard KA?

Have a good one all!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Around 2/10 ths of an acre? We're not sure, but one thing I do know it's way smaller than the last place we lived. Amen!

Good morning...headed on my bike to the bus stop...headed to Walmart to pick up a few things.

I woke in a panic at 8 thinking I was late for work..I was happy when I remembered oh yes I don’t have to get up!

Comment

Good morning.
      The weekend’s rain was great. The weather had cooled to the 70’s. Today will get to 84°. We will hit the 90’s tomorrow.

Yesterday was nice. Middle DD joined us for the day. Youngest DD’s hubby was on a roll with most of the bagging, purging, etc. All of us pitched in for a little while. I quit when my back acted up. That’s when the 2 DDs joined me and we had a long chat. It was fun.

Today I need to get papers together, see more people about E and make some decisions about stuff I know very little about. We will take my brother to the airport. I’ll miss him. He’s a good cook, too.

Not much more to say without sounding like a broken record.

Karlinann, I should like to put you in my yard to make it lovely.
      Cookie, I hope your other sweet boy is okay....and the docs got to him quick enough to stop any very serious problem.

Guess I’ll go get dressed and get ready to deal with today.
      Have a good one, everyone. ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning...the sun is shining in! But the furnace is running and temps in the 40s again this morning. Suppose to warm up this week and it will be welcomed.

Yesterday was a quiet day around here...rained off and on most of the day. I did run to the store since we were out of milk...watched the ballgame. Hockey tonight and we are going to have a new attitude! Let's go Blues! Just a few weeks of school left and then Andrew will not be here every day. Sierra is moving out this week so it will be quiet around here. I will miss not seeing the grands everyday but it is also nice for the quiet and no schedules.

Need to clean but with Sierra leaving and hauling stuff in and out that would be a waste of time. Next week will be soon enough. I never did get the haircut so that is my first call today. Think I will put a roast on and just stick the potatoes along with it. Easy peasy. It is pretty boring around here and very much same-o. But boring is not all that bad. Hope the sun shines and the temps are warm wherever you are!!

Comment

Good Monday to you all! It is a nice start to the day with two sprinklers going and windows open. I can hear the doves cooing.

karlinann, I really like authors who get their facts right! I have mentioned it before but reading an historical fiction and having the author use the wrong terms for military or things that can so easily be checked (and by editors, too!) just takes something away from the book. Another author that I was really enjoying her series until I saw how she portrayed the young son: always giving him baby talk and too young for the age she was saying he is in the books. I want to write her and tell her she needs some time with 3 year olds!

Yesterday was the best Mother's day. And the concert after our dinner for the Military and First responders was excellent. For a small town we had a great turnout of booth talent and numbers in the audience. Of course, the word Free makes for a lot of enthusiasm. They did have some young girls standing with a donation plate at the exit but when my mom started to stop, I told her I had already signed up as a donor/sponsor and we were paid up. I am doing it anonymously. Something about having your name and amount you pay on the program just isn't my thing...

Both boys called yesterday and both brothers got hold of my mom while she was at my house. My one brother who had called me for the florist referral (she loves plants and flowers) saw the website and decided to send her a jerky bouquet!!! Seriously! Has he ever seen her eat jerky? She said to Becky and e she will keep it for him when he comes in a month or two...cute idea but I would give it to someone who eats the stuff. My other brother sent her a box of baked goods that she brought the two scones over to us.
          I am just not happy with anything ordered from a catalog of food anymore. I broke off a bit and tasted it: our homemade scones are so much better! And I know the catalog and nothing is cheap...I need to give my brothers Donna's list of goodies!

Ok, I am happy to be gearing up for this Friday's graduation and all the prep and fun of family. It is supposed to rain, but the school says rain or shine...if it is bad rain they will not read all the names. We are willing to sit through it and hope it does not rain or not badly enough to cancel reading the names. Umbrellas are allowed...

Hope you all are doing well and having a good day!

Comment

Working...
          X