Friday, May 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, May 10

Good morning Rounders! It's going to be another hot one here and maybe some rain, I hope. Tomorrow they are forecasting 91*, but I bet it goes higher. Just sayin'.

Well, let's see what is on my To Do List for today.
    1. Carry some more pavers to the bank and sure up a place that washes out with hard rains.
    2. Finish my book.
    3. Gather seeds from the Dianthus.
    4. Gather seeds from the Cleomes that I pulled up and have been drying out in the sun.
    Plant something beautiful and colorful out by the mailbox. Those other seeds I planted are not coming up. I may not get all of these things accomplished, but I just like to have a post it note in my mind to help me get my day organized.

I cooked pinto beans w/ham in the crockpot. The ham was leftover from Easter and I've had it in the freezer. My beans turned out so good. Now all I need is cornbread, collard greens and grilled peaches to make a splendid meal. The peaches were awful looking at Aldi's. Maybe the will get some more in soon.

I watched the CNN network and David Muir and got caught up on the world news. It got to the point there where I had to stop watching it because it gets so overwhelming. The media does beat everything to death and some of the news is just disturbing.

I hope all you Rounders have a glorious day. BBL! Peace & Plenty. Aunt Maye hope you got some rest. Bless.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

It’s my last day!!!!!!! It’s my last day!!!
    We found out yesterday we may not have to do as much deep cleaning...They hires a cleaning crew. Didn’t find out until after I hurt my back scrubbing grease traps

Comment

Good Morning. It's a dreary looking one out there. It rained some last night. Great way to fall asleep.

Yesterday wasn't super productive, but I did work thru the pile on my desk. Still missing a pay check & one of my Discover cards. We think the paycheck got burned in the trash, and I KNOW the DC is somewhere in something here at home. There haven't been any strange charges. I've checked all the pockets. I swear I'd lose my head if it weren't attached. Cooked a decent dinner. Never did get around to packaging up all that chicken. I've GOT to do that today.

Some of the paperwork was time consuming. PA hasn't complied with a new Federal law for official ID. If you want to get on a plane or go into a Federal bldg., you have to have this certain kind of ID. Well PA and a few other states haven't got it done. So now we have to pay extra to get this when we are applying for a new drivers license or just apply for this new ID card. Of course. The government is always looking for ways to get more money. Our stupid governor just gave some of his (our) employees at $35000 raise. My husband gets 3% IF he's LUCKY, and these people get a 20% raise. Makes sense. Anyways, I don't think we've actually have to go to the DMV this time because we had to prove all that when we moved back & got our license 4 yrs ago. That was painful. PA are gold diggers. EVERY SINGLE TIME we've moved back, we've had to take a written test and apply like we are brand new to driving. Ohio we just renew our old license when we moved back there. DUMB! Gold diggers I tell you!!!! LOL!

The other thing I was trying to do is fill out the adoption application that got emailed to me by a local humane society. A home was raided and the woman had 47 living small dogs and 10 dead dogs. Well apparently there are a lot of us that want small dogs. The email said over 200 ppl have ask about adopting one of them. So our chances are slim. Doesn't hurt to ask though. Anyways, I couldn't figure out how to fill it out on the screen, so I eventually printed it off & mailed the completed application. Well later in the evening I tinkered around and FINALLY figured it out. Now don't ask me this morning how I did it though. The email bounced back twice though using the address they provided on the application. So I emailed it back to the lady that sent it to me this morning. See...a sign this isn't meant to be.

Blaise has no school today. Think we are going to head into town to pick up a few things & go out for lunch. Don't know what Kathy's plans are w/Blaise this weekend. I didn't end up getting Xander last night because he has pre-school this morning. Oh well...I tried. Blaise doesn't mind being here at home. Well she just text me...she only wants him Sunday for MD. Sure. Oh well, he knows he's wanted & loved here. I think she may have her panties in a twist because Cork called her last night & surprisingly expressed his opinion & concern for something she wants to do. They got him really good walkie talkies for his birthday with plans to let him walk places alone in Freeport. She told me I was too restrictive. Oh yea, in this day & age of child trafficking we are going to send a 9 yr old out alone in a strange town. I didn't want her doing that at 13 yr old. Big difference. But yet she isn't sure about sending him to church camp. And she wants to keep him for a week at a time this summer. It's never going to happen. She can't deal with just a weekend. Sorry....I feel like a broken record about this daughter of mine. One baby step forward and two giant steps back with her.

KA...think I'll send you a plane ticket and you can come up here and work yourself into a gardening coma. I detest taking care of all the gardens around here. In fact, I had panic attacks thinking about it before we bought this place.

((JoG))

Enjoy your last day of work Bethina!

Have a good one all!!!!!

Comment

Good morning.....☕️
        We may actually get a sprinkling of rain today! But Sunday is when the bulk of the rain will fall....but I have no clue how much rain that will be. But dark clouds are floating around, and it’s a very grey day from the start. Today’s rain is supposed to be mostly in the upper atmosphere......I haver heard of that before. It will be only 79° today.

Today we are supposed to go to the storage unit and try again. I’m sure I’ll be in the manager’s office for his key.

Yesterday DD and I went to my hairdresser for a haircut. I had her to not go with the shag “do” any more, and got a good cut. My DD got a trim, and lots of info to send her daughter (who is a hairdresser) to help further her career, a lot of good hints, and are exchanging Facebook info. My hairdresser stays up to date in every area of her profession, so that should be a boost for my GD. Yay!

Beth, I’m glad they got a cleaning crew for that awful job!

Have a great day everyone. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I decded to come ehre before even making my drink this morning and I sure am glad I did!
          Easiest first: yay for the Last Day of School! Always a huge Day in a teacher's life...We sure celebrated it and when I was a K aide for 7 years I still celebrated it big Time. Enjoy the summer break, Beth!

Donna: Walkie talkies do not protect a 9 year old from anyone; not other kids, not bullies, not dogs, and certainly Not a van with someone grabbing him...I am almost tin a panic attack thinking about it. Walking home from school if you live in walking distance is one thing, but just going around town is another altogether.
          I know you know this; I wonder what his teachers, area police a nd any other authorities would say about this plan? And has Blaise said he wants to walk around town? OUr town had a 13 year old abducted on her way to school and the killer ws never found; another girl was killed by another student as she went to band, and I will not put a child out there to make a point about child rearing...ugh. Sorry I went off.

It was 90* yesterday and it will be a little higher today. Like Karlinann said: probably higher!
          After daycare I took some time to cut back some ivy and something that is growing from the other side of the fence and to cut off the old rose blooms...I have afew scratches to show for it and know that I need better cutting tools. The QVC garden shears just arent' good enough to cut through the privet branches (at least that is what I think is growing).

I am going to look into the Real ID that CA is requiring also. I hate all the stuff we are put through these days...When I went for my eye test last year I saw it was required but since I had time I put it off...now I need to get it done.

I am hoping for a good day today. I have the MOhter's Day picture frames we made almost ready. The printer went Crazy and the second child's photo printed off so many and I couldnot get it to stop so I stopped. I have the baby and his toddler brother and the rest will do a handprint to put in the frame and the parents cankeep that or put their own photo in...Frames turned out cute. I let them do as much as they could so nothing is squared up, but they are cute. almost square..it was hard to let it be all child done!

Have a great day! Fridays are always good and I am hoping to make this one good by being more patient and less stressed over what I have n control.

Take care and do yourself a favor: whatever you need.

Comment

Good morning...a sunny but cold morning. Temps dropped into the 40s last night and will only reach the 60s today. Back into the sweats! The temperature dropped all yesterday afternoon.

Have to go and pay Sierra's car insurance today. Maybe I will drive by a place that gives me an inspiration for a meal...or something to carry in? I am paying her car insurance since she has been working an unpaid internship and had to cut her McD hours. This is also the first month of her insurance increase because of the accident. They raised her insurance 3X the amount! She had a speeding ticket last summer from a local speed trap and the insurance jumped on it when the accident happened. She knew it is a notorious little town for traps. So good ole grandma is helping out. She will be starting her job the first of June so will work full time at McDs until then. This could be the trifecta of growing up if she would dump that bf. Graduating, moving out, new job....and wanker bf dragging her down. I am excited for her but hate him!! I know I go on and on and on but he is such a wart on her bottom.

Do need to make the slaw to take to my sister's tomorrow. She is going to grill but they are predicting rain all weekend. Maybe time to introduce their garage to grilling.
            I agree that the news is overwhelming. The world is changing and I am not happy with the direction it is going. It is like all the good is disappearing into a pool of greed, hatred and deceit. I hope we pass this test, ya know?

Cookie, maybe your Discover card is with my Visa? It never showed up either with no charges so it is somewhere in this house. Normally when I go out I will pull a weed or two but with all this rain they are overtaking the place and it is to wet to spray. People are having trouble with ants because the ground is so wet and bringing them up but thank goodness we are not. Well, I need to get the day started. That means another cup of coffee. Karlinann do you ever take a day off? You are Cookie belong to some type of a sisterhood?

I agree it is not safe for these kids to be out alone and a walkie talkie is not much of a safe guard. I agree 9 is to young to be alone. Like I said the world is making a change...there are not many constraints on some peoples impulses. . Last day Beth...yay!!!
            Last edited by maxie; 05-10-2019, 09:21 AM.

Comment

You are preaching to the choir on this one. She gets all weird about certain things that happen at school & such, but yet doesn't think anything of this. She tells me I was too strict, and she doesn't want to be that way with Blaise. She hopes by giving him freedom, that he'll not be as wild because there is no temptation. Maybe, but 9 years old is too soon. It's not like he's walking home from school with a bunch of other kids. I honestly think if something happened to him due to her trying to prove a point, that I would never speak to her again because what I'd say wouldn't be nice. Because it's intentionally putting him in danger.

The girls' bus stop was a half mile from our house which was back a road with woods on both sides. One side was straight up and the other was straight down the hill. I was afraid some nut would notice two young girls walking alone on that desolate road, and come after them. Therefore I either walked out for them or drove to the school & just picked them up. I'm not a helicopter parent, but there is a time & place. I let the girls play in the woods that surrounded our house. I put a whistle around their necks & when I'd whistle for them, they'd whistle back so I knew they are OK. There was no one else around us.

OK...let me put my soap box away and go back to the kitchen. I got two orders after lunch. Need to deliver 6 pies & a carrot cake. Fortunately 4 of the pies were in the freezer as was the carrot cake. It just needed iced. I bought a bunch of apples today figuring she'd want at least one for this weekend, but she didn't. I'm making a dutch apple for my SIL BD "cake" on Sunday.

Comment

• maxie
                maxie commented
                Editing a comment
                The whistle...forgot about that. Sierra had a little friend and they would ride their bikes up and down the street. His mother gave them each a whistle to wear and told them to use it if they needed anything. I thought it was so clever! Boy that was a memory from the past!
            Working...
            X