Thursday, May 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, May 09

Good morning Rounders! I had a very sore throat yesterday evening and I have no idea what brought it on, but I had to gargle with warm salt water and take a Lozenge and I only had a bowl of thin soup for dinner. I feel better this morning and no more sore throat.

I gathered a bunch of seeds from the Cleomes before I pulled them up. One thing about the Cleomes is that they are study fibrous plants and they help the soil to aerate. It's like you tilled the garden where they were planted after you pull them up. I laid them over on the bank so the remaining seeds could ripen and pop and come up. June and July are the rainy months and a lot of the seeds I've put down are going to sprout then.

I love my Swiffer wet cloths, (it came with 3 free). They are pretty wet so I do the vinyl plank in the kitchen first, then I do the laminate floor in the rest of the house. They told me not to get water on these laminate floors when they installed it so I have to be careful. It's Maple, but I'm not fond of Maple. I wanted Oak, but Maple is what they have a never ending supply of and it's darker and shows every little thing. The vinyl plank in the kitchen looks like barnwood and I love it. You can get it wet all you want and it won't matter.

I did not know it until this year, but the trees of the Crepe Myrtle and Sycamore do not shed bark every year. Last year they both shed enough bark for me to use for mulch. No shedding at all this year. You live and learn.

I forget what I post on here from one day to the next, so please forgive me if I repeat myself. It is terrible to feel old. Ok, I just need to clarify that I'm not as bad off as I thought though. Those garden clogs were offered last week at Aldi's and there were none on the shelves. I don't know what happened or why the lady misinformed me, but I ended up not going to Aldi's becuz they were not on this weeks ad page. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. I can certainly live without a pair of garden clogs. The weekend team is kind of sparse and I'll just wait until the next good thing shows up and grab it then.

DH is improving so much and becoming quite independent in getting around and doing things. He still needs me to help put the plastic sleeve over the boot before he showers and to do the dsg change. He is now sleeping without the boot. Good for him.

Aunt Maye, I didn't see a post from you yesterday, and hope you are ok. JoGee, you are in my thoughts daily and it sounds as if you are doing well with all your helpers. Beth, enjoy your time off work. Be spontaneous and have fun. Maxie, I can picture in my mind how pretty it will look around your house when you're finished with all the planting, but just remember, A Garden is Never Done. Paula, I still don't know how you do it, and Jostoy and Cookielady ya'll are like energizer bunnies. If I could clone you we could have a multimillion dollar biz. LOL! Hope I didn't forget anyone.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

good morning.

due to my dear hubby "schedule".. he has gotten day and night reversed ... he slept over 10 hrs in daytime. ,,took little "nap" from 11pm to 12 pa. then was awake all night till about 5 am.. is sleeping now. I did not sleep yesterday and hoped to get a nice long nights sleep.. However, all sleep for me was over by 1.30 am.. TV annoys me .. and keeps me awake.. BUT.. that is his only pasttime ..
    One day he seems improved, next he is barely able to get around .. the incident on Tuesday with chest pain,, taking nitroglyicin, was not a good sign..

Was hoping to go shopping this week,, I need a new purse.. I had two leather purses (fake) that I switched back and forth, summer,winter,, but they are both sorry looking creatures ,,, so hoping to catch the big sale at one of my favorite stores ,Boscovs.. maybe get a REAL leather one.. If David can just ride along in the car, and set,wait for me.But I won't let him home alone. will let you know if I get there.

my heart felt thoughts are on JoG also....... makes me more anxious to get some things settled NOW..what we want done, and what Needs done.

got to make some grease balls for Donna,, she brought grease to me,, I made them , she picked up a load yesterday,, nice chat!.

still have not figured out my email system with this new provider... will probably need grandson to come explain to me. and set it up.. I just feel bad I did not have all my addresses copied off to a paper copy..

I hear the "man" moving about , so better go check .. see you later..

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Don't know how long the sun will last today, but I'll enjoy it while it's here. Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day.

Won't say yesterday was super productive, but it was different. Made plans with a karate mom I've become friends with. We are meeting this morning for breakfast. Then it was off to Aunt J's to pick up the grease balls she had made for me. Now I can get busy mixing up some pie dough! On my way home from there I stopped to pick up the two cases of chicken I had pre-ordered last week. Just slipped them both into my extra refrig and will deal with them today....I hope. Came home, got that all unloaded, and then delivered the cake & pie to the new restaurant. OK....mission accomplished!

Got my kitchen all in order and pulled out all the eyeglass stuff. My niece stopped after she got out of work at noon. She's working part-time in the accounting dept of a company just down the road. I had picked up a hoagie from the restaurant while I was there, and that was our lunch. We worked on glasses for a couple hours and had a nice chat. I'm trying to be there for my nieces like Aunt J was there for me, but I don't think it's happening. I never hear from them unless I make the first move. I'll keep trying.

Made a nice dinner. Cork wasn't real thrilled about the idea of going to go get my "new" chairs, plus we'd need someone to watch Blaise. We needed to put the backseats down. I ask my cousin Karen if she'd like to go on a road trip with me. The guy slipped the two chairs into my Escape with no problem. We went & were back in less than an hour. They are still in the there, but Cork will take care of that tonight when he gets home. The chairs looked brand new even though they are 4 or 5 yrs old. They were basically just for show & nobody sat on them. They don't look like recliners at all, but you lean back & the foot part pops out. I'm thrilled. Karen was just blown away that you could find something that nice on FB Marketplace. I told her about the duel recliner sofa I got for $1 for Kathy a couple weeks ago at an auction. My niece was telling me that her & her two best friends went clothes shopping last Wed at the thrift stores when most items are half price. That's my girl!!!! Now to get her brave enough to make offers. She was all excited telling me what name brand stuff they got for a fraction of the price. SEE!!!!! She got a Calvin Klein bag of some sort for $13 for her sister and it originally would have been well over $100 brand new. She said it looked like it was never used. They use to always go to Plato's Closet to get used name brand stuff for school, but now that she's working & having to buy all her own clothes, she's found that she can get the same name brands even cheaper at the thrift store. Why pay $15 at PC when you can get them for $3 at SA?

Anyways, this morning I'm going to go get my fasting bloodwork before meeting Trista for breakfast. Hoping to get some paperwork done today. Need to get that chicken packaged and frozen. No karate tonight, so will cook a real meal. Probably will use some of that chicken.

I ask Kathy if I could have Xander come spend the night since Blaise has no school tomorrow, but he has school, so that didn't work out. I'm hoping Kathy will take Blaise tomorrow after karate and we have a quiet weekend until we all meet for a MD dinner at my brother's house Sunday afternoon.

Have a good one all!

Oh...oh...there is some state Senator or Congressman from the Philly area that filmed himself harassing an "elderly" lady who was praying in front of a Planned Parenthood Center. ELDERLY????? She was probably close to my age. She looked to be in her late 50's or early 60's. ELDERLY????? Someone needs to box the ears of that young whipper snapper!!!!

Comment

Good morning...one more day!!! I did find out they won’t be making wraps in the fall. So I will be at a different spot in the fall. . It will work out. I will have a job..

I have a few plans for this summer. I am going to the Zoo...grants farm..and the botanical gardens..I will be volunteering some too.

Comment

Good morning...a cloudy one. Not sure if it is raining but that would mean getting up and looking out the window and I do not have that kind of energy just yet today! I made it to the kitchen and coffee pot...barely. I am tired and I guess these 'late' nights are catching up to me. I do sleep well at night but there is an interruption when Sierra comes in. She always texts to tell me she is on her way home and then sometimes she is chatty. I do not often just roll over and go back to sleep. I gotta wake to concentrate on what she is saying. Then I sat up to read and finish my book last night. AND the night before was another late night hockey game. Paula, St. Louis will be playing San Jose for the Western Conference Finals...another best of 7 series. Then the winner moves on to the Stanley Cup playoffs. What a terrific post season!!

I need to run home to the nursery and pick up one more spirea. AND I need to do it today to make sure I get the exact one. I am going to call and see if I can get a hair trim. It needs thinned out a bit and well, I just like it a certain length...and width! Need to bank and get gas too. Yesterday I was sitting here with my coffee and Sierra came out and ask if I wanted to run with her. She had books to return and banking and to pick something up at the mall. So this dummy jumps into the shower and takes off with her. It was a fine day..lunch out. But it got absolutely nothing done around here. We texted Jon to meet us for supper but he had things to do so we just left the restaurant parking lot and went to McD's drive through. Two meals out makes a good day!

The flooding is not getting any better. Farmers will never get into their fields around here. The evening news always starts with pictures of the new flooded areas. Andrew's mom has moved out of their offices because the levee is holding but mushy. I do not understand why people move back into those flood areas year after year. Once would be enough for me. But you have to admire the force of Mother Nature. She will just take over and reclaim what she wants.

Nothing but gibberish from here. Cookie, the thingy on face book was me to a t! Funny how we get to know people we have never met, ya know? Asking to watch another kid is above and beyond but you are always a step above. Karlinann,looks like hubby will be back on two good feet by summer. You took really good care of him.
          Maye hope the sleep habits of your husband do not hurt your health. Have one of your sons come sit with him and do your shopping. A girl needs a shopping trip and lunch out. It is a law I think!! Beth one more day and then a summer schedule. I love all the places you have planned to do this summer. Haven;t been to Grants Farm fro a while but the Zoo is fun no matter how old you get...the stingrays are back I read.

Gotta go see if I can get a haircut and that will give me a time line for the day. Either way I am going to be on the move today....have a great one!

Comment

Good morning, friends.
            the weather is in the 80’s, and will be in the 70’s next week. Nice weather for the work we are doing here.
            lots has gotten done, but there’s still lots to do.
            we have located some important deeds. I’m certainly putting them in a more secure folder and keeping them separate from
            “old filed papers”. Also I did get the death certificates I will be needing yesterday. When did they get so expensive?

Really, it is a whirlwind for me. It’s hard to keep track of the days. It’s not quite 2 weeks, my helpers don’t want me to over-exert myself so I do mostly sitting and sorting. Eldest DD showed up, managed to fill her car with stuff, and has some intent to bring a truck and take all she can before other kids get a chance to get anything. She lied to me about really needed something from E’s computer stuff, in spite of the others trying to stop her. I’m sorry I let her take it now. Hereafter, she takes no more! Youngest DD told her if she comes back, she’d only be sitting with me, keeping me company. (No sense telling her to stay away, as she would just show up anyway.). But the others keep an eye on her.....and when they’re gone, niece and nephew will help with the rest, and they know enough to be wary of her wiles. I really don’t need this. I have enough stress right now.

Now I need to get dressed and face another day.
            Beth, I love zoos and gardens. The botanical gardens are a nice place to relax.
            Thank you to those who keep me in your thoughts.
            cookie, I remember when I had your kind of energy. I miss it.
            Maye, it IS a good idea to get things in order now. None of us expected E to go, he was so full of life, jokes, and stuff. And it is hard to get things in order as needed. Fortunately, people have been nice. I am going to find a Probate Lawyer soon,
            just In case, and to make a new will for me.
            Karlinann, I don’t care if you repeat stuff. I like hearing about your garden and things. I’m the one, I think, being repetitive about less interesting things. But it helps me to talk about it here. Thanks to all of you understanding friends!!!

and off I go now.....
            have a great day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

on my phone this morning, so please bear with me.

jo, you are doing one of the hardest tasks we are called to do. I think my certificates cost 15.00 a piece. I started asking if I could give a copy or just bring it in to show them and then keep it. I have one left which I will keep.

you all have been so busy! My best efforts are falling short of you guys!

I will make sure I get in the computer in the morning. It is hard on my phone.

Take care!

Comment

Hi again friends! I had no idea that you had to purchase DC's. What? They get you comin' and goin' don't they. JoGee thanks for your kind words. I have to tell y'all that I filled 2 trashbins with grass, sticks, weeds, and garden debris this morning. I had one of them at the curb before they picked up, and the other will go out next week. That bank is looking spiffy.

Beth, I love your agenda for summer also. Did you know that I looked at the botanical gardens online this morning and I thought the St. Louis one was spectacular. I would love to live close to a botanical garden so I could be a volunteer. I also looked at the Edison/Ford homes in Ft. Meyers, FL and that would be a good place to visit.

When DH gets able to walk we are going on a vacay somewhere. I think everyone should travel and do things while they are young enough to enjoy life. Look at me now, I can't sit in a car for more than a couple of hours without getting all stiff. Go places, spend money, and love life when you can. You only live once.
                "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Vacay here Karlinann where it is cold and rainy. You need a break from that bright sun and heat. LOL! We can house swap!

You only get so many free DC's then you have to pay for additional ones that are certified. I was very fortunate that the City Clerk was an ex neighbor and did as many as I needed for free. Again small towns are wonderful places.

I am just back from making returns locally. I did not go home since it is raining...surprise on the rain! Anyway, I am standing in line at walmart waiting my turn. I am a people watcher and am normally content to wait. The young girl in front of me had had a picture enlarged to canvas and they could not find it. One girl working the returns,,,again par for walmarts course that the gal doing returns was also doing pickups. So we waited..no problem. Girl showed us a pic of her canvas and was very happy with it. So a lady pulls up behind me and instantly makes a scene about waiting. What was her wait? I had been there a lot longer. She makes a scene and calls for a manager and carries on like she had been there an hour. They decided the picture had not come in though she had been notified it had and to come back later. Girl was not upset although she was rolling her eyes at the crab behind me. My return was quick and easy so crabby lady was next in line. What is wrong with people? I think walmart is run terribly and they do not hire enough people but it is not the fault of the people taking the abuse and doing the work of two. I met crabby lady in another aisle and she said she believes in calling the manager. I can give hell like the best of them but what the heck with over worked, under paid walmart workers? My crab for the day was the new Blues shirt I returned today that the size fit me in the fall but the new one was to small. What the heck JcPenney? Guess I could have yelled at the salesman but then I thought about that thing Cookie put on Face book directed at me. I do like food!

So I am home for the day and since it is past noon looks like a carryout night. Baseball tonight but I am having a hard time getting in baseball. Blues do not play until Saturday and I am hoping these games are not going to be all on California time...I will need naps. I have a new and bigger shirt thanks to JCP's 'sizing' and not my size so will be all ready.

Going to start another book and maybe a load or 4 of laundry.

Comment

• karlinann
                    karlinann commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maxie, we won't go anywhere until after Labor Day and it will only be for 1 or 2 nights. We don't travel in the summer because of the crowds and I like peace and quiet so I can hear the sounds of the seagulls and the sound of the surf crashing in at high tide.

I have never found a shark's tooth. Have any of you?

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not one was free here...the mortuary asked how many I needed and then they added, 15.00 a piece!

• Paula A
                    Paula A commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh, talking about hockey: reminded me of friends in San Jose...the husband loves hockey and plays on a work team. He was practicing with his kid once and the Sharks had a group there, too, They asked Mike to do something with them! He still says it was his Best Day Ever!

I paid $20 each for them. I got 2 additional ones free but are marked for Social Security and the Military.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
                  X